Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: Warriors could've landed Kaman for a 2cd. Rush, and Brown

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Warriors could've landed Kaman for a 2cd. Rush, and Brown

    That's interesting considering what Wells said. We could have easily offered this much.
    http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...wame_For_Kaman


    The Warriors could have traded Brandon Rush, Kwame Brown and a second round pick to the Hornets for Chris Kaman, according to Ric Bucher while on KNBR Radio.
    Golden State could have then had a chance to evaluate how Kaman played with a core of Monta Ellis, Stephen Curry and David Lee.
    The Warriors instead traded Monta Ellis in a deal for Andrew Bogut.

    Via Ric Bucher/ESPN


    Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...#ixzz1pOgl7vxT

  2. #2
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,817
    Mood

    Default Re: Warriors could've landed Kaman for a 2cd. Rush, and Brown

    Yet the Hornets didn't want to take back salary...this makes no sense. Ric talking out his rear or what?
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  3. #3
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,002

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Warriors could've landed Kaman for a 2cd. Rush, and Brown

    And why didn't they? It would make much more sense.

  4. #4

    Default

    Kwame not exactly excellent either...rush isnt great but hey i wouldn't do that deal as new orleans...

  5. #5
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Warriors could've landed Kaman for a 2cd. Rush, and Brown

    How exactly could we have matched that without overspending ourselves?

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: Warriors could've landed Kaman for a 2cd. Rush, and Brown

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How exactly could we have matched that without overspending ourselves?
    How about a 2cd. Lou, and D Jones. I don't consider that overspending.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How about a 2cd. Lou, and D Jones. I don't consider that overspending.
    I would...guys a rental...we wouldn't keep him and Lou has been playing out of his mind.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dgreenwell3 For This Useful Post:


  9. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Warriors could've landed Kaman for a 2cd. Rush, and Brown

    Wow and GS turned this down for a guy that nobody knows for sure if he is ever going to be 100% healthy?

  10. #9
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,002

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Warriors could've landed Kaman for a 2cd. Rush, and Brown

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How about a 2cd. Lou, and D Jones. I don't consider that overspending.
    Why would the Hornets do this? Why would they do the other trade as well?

    It just does not make sense, imo.
    Last edited by Nuntius; 03-17-2012 at 01:13 PM. Reason: added "the"

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  12. #10
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,002

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Warriors could've landed Kaman for a 2cd. Rush, and Brown

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow and GS turned this down for a guy that nobody knows for sure if he is ever going to be 100% healthy?
    If they had the chance to do it and turned it down then they were fools.

    However, I cannot believe that said report is true.

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  14. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: Warriors could've landed Kaman for a 2cd. Rush, and Brown

    Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would...guys a rental...we wouldn't keep him and Lou has been playing out of his mind.
    Lou expires this year as well and may not be here next year either. In no way could he ever help this team the way Kaman could. You have to give up something to get better.

  15. #12
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,554

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Warriors could've landed Kaman for a 2cd. Rush, and Brown

    Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kwame not exactly excellent either...rush isnt great but hey i wouldn't do that deal as new orleans...
    He's expiring and out for the season... it doesn't matter one bit how good or bad he is.

    I think he's an underrated guy though, very good defensively and a good rebounder, albeit an inconsistent one.

  16. #13
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,817
    Mood

    Default Re: Warriors could've landed Kaman for a 2cd. Rush, and Brown

    So Rush still didn't escape the trade rumors...
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:


  18. #14
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,751

    Default Re: Warriors could've landed Kaman for a 2cd. Rush, and Brown

    Rush is also a young asset on par with someone like Tyler. That was probably their logic here.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to rexnom For This Useful Post:


  20. #15
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,572

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Warriors could've landed Kaman for a 2cd. Rush, and Brown

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow and GS turned this down for a guy that nobody knows for sure if he is ever going to be 100% healthy?
    From everything that I have been hearing and reading...the FO needed to make a change with Monta. This was clearly a Long term move at the likely cost of this season...but its a better move then renting Kaman and keeping Monta for another season of Playoff Bubble mediocrity. You are right...it all hinges on Bogut being healthy....but given the likelihood that Curry will also be shutdown...giving Bogut the rest of the season to rest up and recover....instead of spinning their wheels with Monta....this makes sense to me as a solid but risky long term move.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  21. #16
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,554

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Warriors could've landed Kaman for a 2cd. Rush, and Brown

    What will be interesting is how well Mark Jackson can coach a team that has a solid defensive anchor. He's said that his goal was to turn the Warriors around defensively, and thus far I think he's been underwhelming overall as a head coach (which isn't surprising, considering he was unwilling to learn the ropes as an assistant first).

    I wonder if they'll continue making moves to acquire defensive-minded players.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to spreedom For This Useful Post:


  23. #17
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,572

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Warriors could've landed Kaman for a 2cd. Rush, and Brown

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow and GS turned this down for a guy that nobody knows for sure if he is ever going to be 100% healthy?
    From everything that I have been hearing and reading...the FO needed to make a change with Monta. This was clearly a Long term move at the likely cost of this season...but its a better move then renting Kaman and keeping Monta for another season of Playoff Bubble mediocrity. You are right...it all hinges on Bogut being healthy....but given the likelihood that Curry will also be shutdown...giving Bogut the rest of the season to rest up and recover....instead of spinning their wheels with Monta....this makes sense to me as a solid but risky long term move.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  25. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,736

    Default Re: Warriors could've landed Kaman for a 2cd. Rush, and Brown

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yet the Hornets didn't want to take back salary...this makes no sense. Ric talking out his rear or what?
    It's Bucher. Does he know any other way to speak?

  26. #19
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,271
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Warriors could've landed Kaman for a 2cd. Rush, and Brown

    I'm content with getting Barbosa. I'm not going to complain.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  28. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,436

    Default Re: Warriors could've landed Kaman for a 2cd. Rush, and Brown

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's interesting considering what Wells said. We could have easily offered this much.
    http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...wame_For_Kaman


    The Warriors could have traded Brandon Rush, Kwame Brown and a second round pick to the Hornets for Chris Kaman, according to Ric Bucher while on KNBR Radio.
    If the price was truly that low for Kaman, why wasn't he traded at all? Nobody else could come up with an offer as good as that? Plenty of teams are looking for centers.

  29. #21

    Default Re: Warriors could've landed Kaman for a 2cd. Rush, and Brown

    Chris Kaman is the new Eric Gordon.

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:


  31. #22
    Since 1984 1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,812

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Warriors could've landed Kaman for a 2cd. Rush, and Brown

    Bogut.

  32. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,436

    Default Re: Warriors could've landed Kaman for a 2cd. Rush, and Brown

    Quote Originally Posted by 1984 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bogut.
    I'm glad the Warriors made the Bogut trade.

    And if this Kaman trade was allegedly on the table from the Hornets, I would have made this trade ALONG with the Bogut deal. It's basically nothing in exchange for Chris Kaman. If the asking price was that low, now way he doesn't get traded.

Similar Threads

  1. Official Former Indiana Pacers talk thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 731
    Last Post: 05-08-2012, 08:06 AM
  2. ESPN 2011 offseason grades
    By billbradley in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 12-20-2011, 12:37 PM
  3. Tbird draft analysis: Brandon Rush
    By thunderbird1245 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 05-03-2009, 10:35 AM
  4. These players might be available?
    By RamBo_Lamar in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-11-2008, 12:57 PM
  5. Euro Dropoffs and homeland risers...
    By jcouts in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-11-2005, 05:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •