Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 64

Thread: Paul George is (nearly) ready to take over

  1. #1

    Default Paul George is (nearly) ready to take over

    Blah, I keep things brief.

    I've noticed something different in Paul George's body language these past few games.

    It's, quite honestly, something I haven't really seen in a Pacer before.

    Something suggests to me that he is ready to take over, but Paul George is deferring to the more established veterans [because he believes he has to]. And, at this point, he probably should.

    Yes, the steals and subsequent dunks are spectacular, but, again, something in his movement suggests something I've not seen before. As Quinn Buckner says, he makes things look "easy."

    I've never been more excited over the potential of a Pacer until now. And I was crazy over Bender.

    I love Danny, and I am not a proponent of trading him, but whatever best facilitates the growth of PG, I am for. Take that for what it's worth.
    Last edited by kidthecat; 03-16-2012 at 06:37 AM.

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kidthecat For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Paul George is (nearly) ready to take over

    It's the knee pads. Since the Break, he's started wearing Knee Pads. They must be magical.

  4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,944
    Mood

    Default Re: Paul George is (nearly) ready to take over

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's the knee pads. Since the Break, he's started wearing Knee Pads. They must be magical.
    He's been bleeding from his knees???

  6. #4
    #RiseOfTheKing imbtyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Nashville, IN
    Posts
    1,631
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Paul George is (nearly) ready to take over

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's the knee pads. Since the Break, he's started wearing Knee Pads. They must be magical.
    They probably have MJ's initials on them somewhere.

    Paul had a swagger to him after his sick hop-step-past-two-players-and-dunk against the Sixers. He's getting into his role. He's developing that killer instinct we need him to have. He's realizing what he can do on offense that really hurts defenses: drive and score (fyi, the same thing I've been suggesting he do). It's only a matter of time before he starts wearing the Adidas sleeve and showing his own brand of leadership.

    This is the same kid whose Twitter profile reads, "Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon!" He's got a galaxy of potential, and it's only a matter of time (hopefully before the playoffs) before he starts to show it by the boatload.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.



  7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to imbtyler For This Useful Post:


  8. #5
    A Hill to get over a hill Richard_Skull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Indy
    Age
    28
    Posts
    417

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Paul George is (nearly) ready to take over

    My father and I caught the end of the Matrix movie, and I said "Paul George is like Neo right know. He's starting to believe."
    PG24: "Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon!"

    RT @Hoya2aPacer "When I play this game I love. I play to make my teammates better. But I'm a mouther****er on defense."

  9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Richard_Skull For This Useful Post:


  10. #6
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Paul George is (nearly) ready to take over

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard_Skull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My father and I caught the end of the Matrix movie, and I said "Paul George is like Neo right know. He's starting to believe."
    So, does that mean Frank Vogel is Morpheus? And Larry Bird is the Oracle?


    Jim O'Brien is obviously Agent Smith. Troy Murphy is Cypher.

  11. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:


  12. #7
    Get well PG! DGPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Whiteland, IN
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,054

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Paul George is (nearly) ready to take over

    Would he go top 2 in a re-do of the 2010 draft? I believe that he would.

    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin


  13. #8
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Paul George is (nearly) ready to take over

    Quote Originally Posted by DGPR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would he go top 2 in a re-do of the 2010 draft? I believe that he would.
    Remember when there was so much hype from scouts saying he could be the best player to come out of that draft? It actually could happen. That's friggin crazy.


    Have I mentioned how much I love the Utah Jazz lately? No? Well, then, let me just say, MY GOD how I love the Utah Jazz. Thank you, Utah, for taking Gordon Hayward instead of the awesomeness that is Paul George. Thank you for allowing Larry Bird to draft our next Franchise Player. I love you guys!

  14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:


  15. #9
    Born ready? TheDavisBrothers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Davenport, IA
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,478
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Paul George is (nearly) ready to take over

    Quote Originally Posted by DGPR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would he go top 2 in a re-do of the 2010 draft? I believe that he would.
    Wall, Turner (look at him numbers lately), Cousins and Monroe could all be taken before him still...
    I'd be interested to see where Lin would be taken

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to TheDavisBrothers For This Useful Post:


  17. #10
    Parachromis HC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hartford City
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,805
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Paul George is (nearly) ready to take over

    It always gets me to watch how effortlessly his dunks are. Sometimes it looks like he barely even jumps, and then throws it down hard.
    "No one else can see the preservation of the martyr in me" -- Corey Taylor

  18. #11

    Default Re: Paul George is (nearly) ready to take over

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard_Skull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My father and I caught the end of the Matrix movie, and I said "Paul George is like Neo right know. He's starting to believe."
    LOL

    That is a pretty apt analogy.

    Again, I've said it seems even more "evident" these past 5-10 games. Maybe there is a statistical point where stars "get it," but I wouldn't know. I'm just talking about what I've seen from my own two eyes.

    I've watched the Pacers devoutly since the Reggie days, and no player has ever held as much potential -- or demonstrated it as regularly -- as Paul George. At least those are my two cents.

  19. #12

    Default Re: Paul George is (nearly) ready to take over

    Okay, I'm sorry to double-post.

    It's just that, once the Neo analogy was brought up, it got me thinking.

    Can we say any NBA superstar moves with the fluidity of Paul George? I honestly can't.

    That does not mean to suggest that PG is worthy of such status (yet), but the way he moves is of interest to me, as I previously stated.

    Lebron is without question the most impressive athlete I've seen in professional basketball -- save for, arguably, MJ highlights (but I only remember MJ from his late Bulls career and long before Youtube).

    I wish I knew of a precedent, but this probably illustrates my limited knowledge in NBA history.

    George Gervin, maybe? I don't know. I'm honestly perplexed by this.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to kidthecat For This Useful Post:


  21. #13

    Default Re: Paul George is (nearly) ready to take over

    Hmm, I see a wing who does not look to drive even with an advantage on his defender. His aggression has increased on breaks, but he's not quite able to finish on them.

    Talk to me when he starts doing these things, and racks up, say, 4 20 point games in a 6 game span. His big games to date have been camping the 3 point line and not being covered.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to danman For This Useful Post:


  23. #14
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,170

    Default Re: Paul George is (nearly) ready to take over

    Quote Originally Posted by kidthecat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Okay, I'm sorry to double-post.

    It's just that, once the Neo analogy was brought up, it got me thinking.

    Can we say any NBA superstar moves with the fluidity of Paul George? I honestly can't.

    That does not mean to suggest that PG is worthy of such status (yet), but the way he moves is of interest to me, as I previously stated.

    Lebron is without question the most impressive athlete I've seen in professional basketball -- save for, arguably, MJ highlights (but I only remember MJ from his late Bulls career and long before Youtube).

    I wish I knew of a precedent, but this probably illustrates my limited knowledge in NBA history.

    George Gervin, maybe? I don't know. I'm honestly perplexed by this.
    Gervin, yes. Alex English. Dr. J was pretty fluid. I like DWade for a current player.

    "Nearly" is the key word. He isn't there yet, but the past few games have upped the promise of potential.

    I really, really, liked his comment that his goal is to be the all-time leading scorer in franchise history. That took some guts to say.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  24. #15
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,284
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Paul George is (nearly) ready to take over

    I think we are seeing glimpses of him flashing his potential. I think he'll be getting better and better for at least 5 or 6 more years.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  26. #16
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,145
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Paul George is (nearly) ready to take over

    Quote Originally Posted by kidthecat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LOL

    That is a pretty apt analogy.

    Again, I've said it seems even more "evident" these past 5-10 games. Maybe there is a statistical point where stars "get it," but I wouldn't know. I'm just talking about what I've seen from my own two eyes.

    I've watched the Pacers devoutly since the Reggie days, and no player has ever held as much potential -- or demonstrated it as regularly -- as Paul George. At least those are my two cents.
    An analogy is a thought wearing another thought's hat....
    Last edited by Major Cold; 03-16-2012 at 10:43 AM.

  27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:


  28. #17
    Member luis3ep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    247

    Default Re: Paul George is (nearly) ready to take over

    I think we'll see a huge improvement of Paul this off-season. He knows he needs to add some muscle now to be able to guard 3's and post up his defenders. He'll only keep getting better and he's still only 21 years old. Paul is the kind of player who's not content on settling and being complacent since he's in the NBA already, he idolized Kobe growing up and wants to be a beast, and he has the tools to do so. He's VERY smart and wants to be great. In my opinion he's already better than Danny.

  29. #18
    Member yoadknux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Israel
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,322

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Paul George is (nearly) ready to take over

    Ready to take over what?

  30. #19
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,828

    Default Re: Paul George is (nearly) ready to take over

    Quote Originally Posted by yoadknux View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ready to take over what?
    Batman. jk

  31. #20
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,938

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Paul George is (nearly) ready to take over

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDavisBrothers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wall, Turner (look at him numbers lately), Cousins and Monroe could all be taken before him still...
    I'd be interested to see where Lin would be taken
    Turner? Evan Turner is not 2nd pick material. Cousins and Monroe I could see b/c of their size. But Evan Turner? I don't know, maybe I'm biased.

    (Then I looked at his stats)

    Turner's last 4-games : 21, 24, 16, and 26-- 21.7 PPG
    The 15 games before that: 4.4 ppg.

    I know he's an above average rebounder and pretty good defender, but I personally would like a little more scoring from my 2guard. ESP if he's drafted in the top 5 (let alone the top 3)

  32. #21
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,145
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Paul George is (nearly) ready to take over

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Turner? Evan Turner is not 2nd pick material. Cousins and Monroe I could see b/c of their size. But Evan Turner? I don't know, maybe I'm biased.

    (Then I looked at his stats)

    Turner's last 4-games : 21, 24, 16, and 26-- 21.7 PPG
    The 15 games before that: 4.4 ppg.

    I know he's an above average rebounder and pretty good defender, but I personally would like a little more scoring from my 2guard. ESP if he's drafted in the top 5 (let alone the top 3)
    PLaying for Collins rookies have a hard time finding their place. Evan Turner seems to be turning a corner. If he can average 20 ppg that is starting SG numbers. Numbers that PG may never get and may never have to get with the roster the way it is.

    Right now PG is ahead of Turner. But if Evan maintains the production of the last 4 games, that will be debatable.

  33. #22
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,777

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Paul George is (nearly) ready to take over

    So what you all are saying is that Paul George is starting to see the court like this:

    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  35. #23

    Default Re: Paul George is (nearly) ready to take over

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    An analogy is a thought wearing another thought's hat....
    and that would make a simile a thought wearing another thought's hat, . . . using like or as, i think.

  36. #24

    Default Re: Paul George is (nearly) ready to take over

    i will be so glad when he finally learns to finish is traffic. or gets strong enough to finish is traffic. whatever the reason is, he is still not quite getting to the rim. either vern flemming or marquis daniels need to show him the quick easy way to get the ball on the rim under pressure.

  37. The Following User Says Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:


  38. #25
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,973

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Paul George is (nearly) ready to take over

    Quote Originally Posted by kidthecat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Okay, I'm sorry to double-post.

    It's just that, once the Neo analogy was brought up, it got me thinking.

    Can we say any NBA superstar moves with the fluidity of Paul George? I honestly cant.

    That does not mean to suggest that PG is worthy of such status (yet), but the way he moves is of interest to me, as I previously stated.

    Lebron is without question the most impressive athlete I've seen in professional basketball -- save for, arguably, MJ highlights (but I only remember MJ from his late Bulls career and long before Youtube).

    I wish I knew of a precedent, but this probably illustrates my limited knowledge in NBA history.

    George Gervin, maybe? I don't know. I'm honestly perplexed by this.
    I'd say Kobe is just as fluid if not more than PG. He's the gold standard

  39. The Following User Says Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 224
    Last Post: 01-25-2013, 10:47 PM
  2. Paul George reminds me a lot like Tracy McGrady
    By The Future in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-26-2011, 02:58 PM
  3. Your Opinions (and mine) on Utilizing Paul George
    By imbtyler in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-30-2011, 01:31 PM
  4. Ok, I'm ready to see Paul George start now.
    By Anthem in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 02-22-2011, 11:26 AM
  5. Maybe we should take a look at Paul George starting.
    By hoops_guy in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-15-2011, 10:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •