Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2012 free agency thread

Default Re: 2012 free agency thread

Do you guys think Kavell Connor will play OLB or ILB in the new 3-4 scheme? Regardless I think this defense needs a NT and one more LB, both of which could be picked up through the draft. Once we grab those 2 I think a 3-4 transition is pretty set

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod Jones View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you guys think Kavell Connor will play OLB or ILB in the new 3-4 scheme? Regardless I think this defense needs a NT and one more LB, both of which could be picked up through the draft. Once we grab those 2 I think a 3-4 transition is pretty set
    Pretty sure Kavell will be our ILB, who have also signed free agents at the position from the cfl. LB is not to big a concern, more NT S CB
    Why so SERIOUS

Sports Logo

Bills got Mario Williams. 6 years "up to" 100 mil, 50 guaranteed

Colts sign offensive lineman Mike McGlynn.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ffensive-line/

Colts add Mike McGlynn to offensive line

Posted by Evan Silva on March 15, 2012, 9:55 PM EDT

Free agent offensive lineman Mike McGlynn revealed on Twitter Thursday night that he has come to terms with the Indianapolis Colts.

McGlynn was a fourth-round pick in the 2008 draft, selected by the Eagles. New Colts G.M. Ryan Grigson was Philadelphia’s college scouting director at the time.

McGlynn can play a variety of positions on the line. He could compete for a starting job at guard in Indianapolis.
    No surprise the Colts are adding former Eagles. Hopefully McGlynn and Justice can work out for the short term. The Colts needed to bring some new linemen in.

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    Pretty sure Kavell will be our ILB, who have also signed free agents at the position from the cfl. LB is not to big a concern, more NT S CB
    Agreed. Usually OLB are a little bigger than Kavell. Plus like you said NT, S, and CB are bigger needs than LB. I think the Colts are set at LB with Anger, Kavell inside and Mathis and Freeney as OLB.

Yeah this OL guys seem like they could be okay stop gaps, maybe one of them even overachieves and becomes a longer term fixture with some luck.

I just read Orlovsky signed with TB for 2 yrs 2.5 mil. I'm honestly disappointed in the sense we finally found a decent back up after all those years (who we didn't play when we should have last season until too late), and we just let him walk? Hope we've got somebody in mind. Or have we still not learned the backup QB lesson? At this point DO had good knowledge of the team built up and at least showed some leadership if your #1 goes down.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Sports Logo

Pats signed Anthony Gonzalez

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Pats signed Anthony Gonzalez
    Is he on IR yet?

shocking!

The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

three years, $12 million for Brandon Lloyd to go to the Pats

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...brandon-lloyd/
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post

yeah not a bad deal for a productive WR.
    Why so SERIOUS

Garrard to the Dolphins. Plan D, at best.

Garrard and Matt Moore battling for a starting job!

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post

Great pickup for New England, especially at that cheap price. He is the deep threat they needed. That offense will be stacked next year.

Lloyd has never played with a great QB has he? He will probably have a great year with Brady.

Hilarious wiki page for Dolphins owner:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_M._Ross

Stephen M. Ross (born 1940 in Hamtramck, Michigan) is an American real estate developer who lives in New York City. He is the founder, chairman and CEO of The Related Companies, L.P., a global real estate development firm.

Related is best known for developing the Time Warner Center, where Ross lives and works, as well as for blowing up the Miami Dolphins franchise with a series of bizarre off the field distractions (Orange Carpet, Club Liv, Jimmy Buffett), failed coaching changes, public relations lies (see prior statement) and other management miscues which have turned the NFL's formerly winningest franchise into the laughing stock of the league, unable to attract even washed up veteran superstars or unproven younger talent. A native of Miami Beach, he also co-owns the Miami Dolphins NFL football franchise with Fergie, Mark Anthony, the Williams sisters and anyone else who would pay down some of his enormous debts for a vanity stake in the team and 95% of Sun Life Stadium.[1] The University of Michigan renamed its business school the Ross School of Business in his honor [2] after receiving a $100 million gift from Ross.[3].

The Dolphins are gearing up to BLOW FOR BARKLEY!
    Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 03-19-2012 at 11:45 PM.

Sports Logo

Saturday to the Packers
    Tamme to the Broncos
    Pollak to the Panthers

Ryan Diem retired

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

NFL.com’s Jason La Canfora reports that in addition to trading for Drew Stanton, the Indianapolis Colts have also signed veteran WR Donnie Avery.

Avery recently visited with the Jets but obviously found the Colts to be a better situation for him. Indy has lost a number of receivers this year after Pierre Garcon and Jacob Tamme left and Dallas Clark was released. Reggie Wayne wound up re-signing with the team but they’ll need to add more weapons for Andrew Luck, assuming that they actually take him over Robert Griffin III.

Source: http://nfltraderumors.co/colts-sign-wr-donnie-avery/
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

16. The Following User Says Thank You to aero For This Useful Post: