Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2012 free agency thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2012 free agency thread

Dude,

Fletcher has turned down numerous contracts. If he doenst want to be here, then oh well. Dont get me wrong, I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the guy. But if he wanted it done itd be done by now.

Secondly, our number 1 was Santana freaking Moss last year. That woulda been fine....if we had the 2004 version of Santana Moss.

Lastly, its 2000 hours on the first day of free agency. FOUR hours have passed, and you are already saying they have not addressed all of their needs. Of course they know they need O lineman. ITS BEEN FOUR HOURS. And of course they can afford them. They have plenty of time to work deals out (and restructure old ones, not to mention the cuts that are upcoming)

Lastly, its not 42. Its 21 SB + 9 base salary. If he hits all of his incentives he gets the full 42, but I am OK with paying him a lot if we make the playoffs. We need to show the NFL we are not a joke, and our teams as of late have not helped with that

Also important to note. Colston gave the Saints the hometown discount. Otherwise he and Garcon have the same deal
    Last edited by vapacersfan; 03-13-2012 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    V,
    That's still money way too much money for garcon. He is getting number 1 money fornumber 2 production.

I totally agree.

But until we start winning we simply have to overpay a bit to get players here. He may not be a true number 1, but he is good enough to help RG3 (or Luck) grow, and he will be gone in 2 years (coincidentally when the NFL "punishment that is not a punishment expire)

Sucks we had to pay so much, but we needed WR help. We were a joke last year. I seriously think I saw some receivers who could not beat my old college teammates on routes. We were old, slow, and pathetic. And that was on a good day.

I still want us to go for a big guy, but small steps. At least Vinny is not offering 10 year 100 million dollars contracts out.

Jason Campbell signed 1 year deal with Bears. Terms to be released

VJax reached a 5 year deal with the Bucs

Schefter : Vincent Jackson deal in Tampa: 5 yrs, $55.55 million, including $26 million guaranteed, $36 million in 1st 3 yrs, $26 million in 1st 2 yrs.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    Dude,

Fletcher has turned down numerous contracts. If he doenst want to be here, then oh well. Dont get me wrong, I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the guy. But if he wanted it done itd be done by now.

Secondly, our number 1 was Santana freaking Moss last year. That woulda been fine....if we had the 2004 version of Santana Moss.

Lastly, its 2000 hours on the first day of free agency. FOUR hours have passed, and you are already saying they have not addressed all of their needs. Of course they know they need O lineman. ITS BEEN FOUR HOURS. And of course they can afford them. They have plenty of time to work deals out (and restructure old ones, not to mention the cuts that are upcoming)

Lastly, its not 42. Its 21 SB + 9 base salary. If he hits all of his incentives he gets the full 42, but I am OK with paying him a lot if we make the playoffs. We need to show the NFL we are not a joke, and our teams as of late have not helped with that

Also important to note. Colston gave the Saints the hometown discount. Otherwise he and Garcon have the same deal
    The bears #1 was no one we had a bunch of 2s and 3s Roy Williams was considered our 1 who isn't far off from Moss. I would of started a fire Emery campaign if he signed Garçon to terms any where near what the Skins did. Same if we don't address the OL and not way overpaying for OL help.

Well we have a lot of 2's and 3's, and my guess is Bruce is hoping Garcon turns into a number 1.

No offense, but he gets paid a lot to do what he guess about each and every day. And he has alot more resources then we do. I will trust his judgement, even if he decides its worth it to take a risk.

Again, its been 4 hours (now 4.4) since free agency started. I think they have time to address the O-line. Unless you know about a rule where free agency ends tonight and the NFL draft is canceled, the team has time to address otehr needs (LB, S, OL, DL)

About time the Bears acquired a legit number 1 receiver. Now maybe this will help prevent Cutler from getting the snot beat out of him every week.

I appreciate what Garcon did as a Colt but I think the Redskins overpaid for him. I wish him nothing but the best but he just isn't worth that kind of money to the Colts IMO.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Young For This Useful Post:

Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter

Rams and free-agent cornerback Cortland Finnegan reached agreement on a five-year deal worth about $50 million.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Indy also interested in TE John Carlson
    I think Carlson would fit with what we are trying to do.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jeffg-body For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by jeffg-body View Post
    Perfect imo.. Very good TE

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Excited for VJ in Tampa!

Mood

He is not a big blocker though is he, I know the Colts plan on running the ball a lot more. I think he will be decent but I would rather have Fleener than this guy, I should state that Fleener is not a big blocker either, but I like his potential and the relationship he already has with Luck.
    Why so SERIOUS

Check this out.

Calvin Johnson got an extension. 7 years/132 million, 60 guaranteed.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Here is a question..What are we trying to do?

We have a run heavy coach vs a pass happy OC. I know everyone can bend their football philisosphy a little but I am not sure how the offense will be run under these coaches.

I also wouldn't give Carlson a big contract.

Mood

Corey Redding signing with the Colts 3yrs 10m shefter just broke it on Chicago radio.

Sean Jensen ‏ @skjensen Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Signing of Cory Redding in Indianapolis probably means Dwight Freeney will be released soon. Could be an option for #Bears at right price
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 03-14-2012 at 11:28 AM.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Corey Redding signing with the Colts 3yrs 10m shefter just broke it on Chicago radio.

Sean Jensen ‏ @skjensen Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Signing of Cory Redding in Indianapolis probably means Dwight Freeney will be released soon. Could be an option for #Bears at right price
    Freeney on the Bears would be crazy and I think he does get released here soon which would open up a lot of money for other FA pick ups.

Vikings signed John Carlson, 5/$25. They just draft Kyle Rudolph in the top half of the 2nd round last year and he had a solid rookie year, I don't get it.

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Bucs gettin busy with VJ, Nicks, and Wright.

Sorry if some of these were posted before...

Richard Marshall just tweeted that he reached agreement on a three-year deal with Miami.

And the numbers on Richard Marshall are in: Marshall will sign a three-year, $16 million deal, including $6 million guaranteed.

As @taniaganguli reported, former Dolphins QB Chad Henne reached agreement on a two-year deal with the Jaguars.

RB Le'Ron McClain agreed to terms on a 3-year deal with the SD Chargers.

Chiefs agreed to terms with Peyton Hillis.

Jacksonville reached agreement with former Dallas free-agent wide receiver Laurent Robinson on a five-year, $32.5 million deal.

Cardinals officiall agreed to terms with free agent guard/tackle Adam Snyder.

Browns released offensive lineman Eric Steinbach, once one of the free-agent prizes some players are today.

Filed to ESPN: Eagles gave DeSean Jackson a five-year, $51-million deal.

Cowboys sign CB Brandon Carr to a 5-year, $50.1 million deal.

Former Cowboys TE Martellus Bennett's deal with the New York Giants: 1 year, $2.5 million.

Browns signed former Bengals DE Frostee Rucker to a five-year deal worth over $20 million.

Chargers announced they signed former Ravens outside linebacker Jarret Johnson to four-year contract.

Chargers announced they have agreed to a new four-year contract with left tackle Jared Gaither.

Kyle Orton reached a three-year agreement with the Dallas Cowboys.

Djax better not play with his head in his *** this year now that he got paid.

Mood

Here is a question..What are we trying to do?

We have a run heavy coach vs a pass happy OC. I know everyone can bend their football philisosphy a little but I am not sure how the offense will be run under these coaches.

I also wouldn't give Carlson a big contract.
    Not a big contract in any way. I think he's be ok as a third receiving TE and us picking up another TE or two for the running game who can be major blockers.

Mood

I am starting to get excited with the signing ob Redding and the trade for Justice. Now if we can get that LB to run the 3-4 I'd be really excited. I am not sure who is all available, maybe Freeney for trade for that LB or even a big NT. We will be in a good position to draft young talent to learn behind those guys as well. Maybe Hughes will get more playing time now. I don't really think he is a bust at this time, he was just stuck behind both MAthis and Freeney. I can see him converting well to the 3-4.

Mood

I am starting to get excited with the signing ob Redding and the trade for Justice. Now if we can get that LB to run the 3-4 I'd be really excited. I am not sure who is all available, maybe Freeney for trade for that LB or even a big NT. We will be in a good position to draft young talent to learn behind those guys as well. Maybe Hughes will get more playing time now. I don't really think he is a bust at this time, he was just stuck behind both MAthis and Freeney. I can see him converting well to the 3-4.
    Yup we already have our 3 OLB's Freeney, Mathis, and Hughes... Freeney is believed to be reworking his contract and not expected to get traded.
    Why so SERIOUS

Not a big contract in any way. I think he's be ok as a third receiving TE and us picking up another TE or two for the running game who can be major blockers.

The franchise tag this year is around 5.6 for TE's which is the average pay for the top 5 TE's in 2011.

I guess I would have to disagree that Carlsons contract isn't that big when compared to other TE's especially when you consider that he didn't play a single down in 2011 due to injury.

Mood

The franchise tag this year is around 5.6 for TE's which is the average pay for the top 5 TE's in 2011.

I guess I would have to disagree that Carlsons contract isn't that big when compared to other TE's especially when you consider that he didn't play a single down in 2011 due to injury.
    His contract is big and he is getting overpaid, no way we really need that right now, I think Tamme could offer us the same as Carlson.
    Why so SERIOUS