Thread: This season is gonna be super weird...

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default This season is gonna be super weird...

I understand that we're basically entering an entirely new era of Colts football, but I wasn't expecting such a drastic change in player personnel. I mean look at our current roster (http://www.colts.com/team/roster.html). I thought we'd have some sort of transitional phase. This feels more or less like Indianapolis is getting an expansion team with all new players. I'm not complaining - just an observation that it's going to be very weird not seeing Peyton do all of his audible hand gestures and Saturday pointing out blocking assignments to the other lineman (both of which I've grown accustom to for the past 10+ years).

The one thing I mostly want to stay the same though, is that the stadium is dead quiet when Luck is at the line of scrimmage (I loved going to Colts games being able to hear exactly what Peyton said before the snap regardless of where I was sitting).

Default Re: This season is gonna be super weird...

We are definitely completely starting over. But no matter what, it will be infinitely better than last year. We had putrid football play along with the agonizing situation with Manning. At least now we know the direction the team is going and have something to look forward to. I'm looking forward to seeing how good Luck can be.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

RWB

I would see this season is still kind of a transitional phase. Donald Brown, Robert Mathis, Reggie Wayne, Antoine Bethea are still here. Freeney may even still be around. Austin Collie is here. Some of the Manning era guys are still around.

I like all the changes. It's exciting. We just experienced a team that was dominate for years, but the last few years it was only because peyton was so dominate. We needed to make these changes to start over. In 2-3 years we are going to be really good again. This year will be interesting, it will be a growing process, but it will be fun. I don't expect to have a lot of victories, but it's going to be better than last year. I don't mind another weak year, means more good picks to rebuild with.