Thread: I see that people took exception....

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default I see that people took exception....

To my thread that indicate that the Colts would win about 15 games in the next five years. This was not my original idea, it came from Mel Kipper Jr. on ESPN Radio. Mel said the Colts were the front runners for the number one pick again next year and their win total would probably be from zero to two. Two teams have had back to back first picks in the draft. the Lions and Tampa Bay. Tampa Bay actually did it twice. Kipper thinks the Colts will join that group and they are the favorite for three in a row which would be an NFL record. That means, in his view, the Colts will win about five games in the next three years total. Then they should start to improve but it will be a long time until they get to .500. By the time they get there, the new GM and the new coaching staff will be fired and another team will be brought on to start winning. This is similar to what the Pacers did with JOB. The people that do the rebuilding rarely get to see the fruits of their labor.

How many games do you think the Colts will win in the next five years? How long before they start losing fans? One of the things that bothers me most is that I must watch the Colts on TV because I constantly travel all over the USA. I think within two to three years, the games will be blacked out and I won't get to see my favorite team......

Default Re: I see that people took exception....

I think that most fans will be faithful and still go to games but it will be tough. I see us steadily getting better at about 2 wins then 4 wins then 6 wins but it will take a while to see this team great again but I see it happening

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To my thread that indicate that the Colts would win about 15 games in the next five years. This was not my original idea, it came from Mel Kipper Jr. on ESPN Radio. Mel said the Colts were the front runners for the number one pick again next year and their win total would probably be from zero to two. Two teams have had back to back first picks in the draft. the Lions and Tampa Bay. Tampa Bay actually did it twice. Kipper thinks the Colts will join that group and they are the favorite for three in a row which would be an NFL record. That means, in his view, the Colts will win about five games in the next three years total. Then they should start to improve but it will be a long time until they get to .500. By the time they get there, the new GM and the new coaching staff will be fired and another team will be brought on to start winning. This is similar to what the Pacers did with JOB. The people that do the rebuilding rarely get to see the fruits of their labor.

How many games do you think the Colts will win in the next five years? How long before they start losing fans? One of the things that bothers me most is that I must watch the Colts on TV because I constantly travel all over the USA. I think within two to three years, the games will be blacked out and I won't get to see my favorite team......
    Its actually 4 teams since the 1970's. Cincy and Cleveland I thought both did it as well. Read that in the paper atleast.

Kiper seems more over the top and especially on the radio for some reason. Maybe its just me but I see the Colts winning more than just 2 games next year and I could care less about 5 year win totals. The point is a change was needed and change happened.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:

Our defense will already be better next year no matter what. Let's face it, it can't be any worse than it's been the last 10 years. And you have a new QB who is pretty damn good. All you need to do is put in an offensive line, WRs, and a RB and you're good to go. And I think that can happen within the next 2 years.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Mood

I don't think we will be basement dwellers for that long. I think our new coaching staff and GM have a specific idea to what they are doing and will be able to get the players that we need to run the systems. It is not like we are a team with zero talent. I think our offensive line will play better this year with the added experience the young guys had. We definitely need an upgrade in the RB department with more a bruising battering ram aka MJD. WR will be a bit of concern with the departure of Wayne and most likely Garcon. I like our possesion receivers in Collie and White but we need a burner to stretch the field. TE obviously will be different with trying to replace Clark. With more emphasis on a running game I think the drop off will be less noticable. The obvious drop off will be at QB with a rookie running the show. As good as Luck is, he is still a rookie.

The defensive side may be a little longer to correct but we have talented skill players that can step up. The loss of Brackett and Bullit should be easier because Angerer has stepped in and is a beast and there are some good safties in the draft. We need some more physical DB's to go with the guys we have. We have some young and talented LB's but it will take some time for them to adjust to the 3-4 scheme. I think if we could pick up a LB experienced with the 3-4 they can really show the younger guys what to do with the 3-4. The D-line will be the big question for me. We need that huge DT to fill the lanes so that the LB's can attack. I like Nevis if he can add some bulk and strength. Mathis will be ok I think with the transition, but I believe Freeney as good as he is will struggle and it would wise of us to try to trade him for draft picks. The thing that will help us the most will be the OTA's and a full training camp. With the way the draft picks are set up, we will get good talent in each round and that makes me anxious and ready for the draft and to see how next year will unfold. I am not saying we will contend in any way, but will will win more than 2 games for sure.