Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 70

Thread: Report: Redskins trade THREE #1s and a #2 for RGIII

  1. #26
    Member Hibbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Stay at ya mammy house
    Age
    32
    Posts
    979

    Default Re: Report: Redskins trade THREE #1s and a #2 for RGIII

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    works well with their scheme is a understatement you couldn't design a QB who fits better in the Shanahan bootleg system. RG3 has a ton of Jay Cutler in his game and even more Aaron Rodgers.

    I dont blame the Skins he is a perfect fit and they maybe overpaid but in 5 years they will be happy they did IMO this is a smart gamble IMO.


    Rams did very well for themselves as well worked for both teams.


    there was 0% chance the Rams kept the pick it was way to valuable Justin Blackmon isnt worth 4 picks one being #6 overall
    You lost me at Aaron Rodgers. Only two QB Heisman winners have won the big game with the last being Plunket in 1970. Griffin is an option QB and ran the damn ball an average of 17 times a game. An option QB has never won a superbowl, not even the best there was in Mike Vick. I'm so sick of hearing Skip Bayless talk this guy up like he's the second coming of Jesus Christ. They had four home games all year and lost three of them. Outside of Oklahoma they only beat two other ranked or at the time, over ranked teams in TCU and Texas. Completely overrated IMO. Remember this post 5 years from now. Bust.

  2. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Redskins trade THREE #1s and a #2 for RGIII

    Yet if he takes them to the playoffs....or wins a few playoff games, or lord forbid a miracle happens and the win a SB.....remember this thread in 5 years. Worth. EVERY. pick.

    Its called a gamble for a reason. But they needed to take one. They did.

  3. #28
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Redskins trade THREE #1s and a #2 for RGIII

    I don't think RGIII is a franchise QB personally, but if the Redskins think he is then this is a good deal from their side and one you should probably make. A franchise QB is just that important to long term success in the NFL.

    That's the same reason the Colts keep Luck and run away giggling.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:


  5. #29
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,924

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Redskins trade THREE #1s and a #2 for RGIII

    The Redskins organization has been so bad for so long, I scoff at everything they do. When they picked up McNabb I told everyone he would fail and was castigated for it. We all know how that turned out.

    I am sort of a casual Redskins fan now that I have lived here for so long, the city is much more fun when they are good. They essentially gave up three picks as they are basically just swapping first round picks this year to get RGIII. I don't know enough about the guy to know if he's any good. But the Redskins trading away picks has done nothing but backfire for them in the past really. I don't really know what to think.
    Last edited by idioteque; 03-10-2012 at 01:44 AM.

  6. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Report: Redskins trade THREE #1s and a #2 for RGIII

    RGIII is going to be nice good deal for them.

  7. #31
    Member Hibbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Stay at ya mammy house
    Age
    32
    Posts
    979

    Default Re: Report: Redskins trade THREE #1s and a #2 for RGIII

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yet if he takes them to the playoffs....or wins a few playoff games, or lord forbid a miracle happens and the win a SB.....remember this thread in 5 years. Worth. EVERY. pick.

    Its called a gamble for a reason. But they needed to take one. They did.
    This trade will go down as the worst in the history of the NFL. THREE first rounders? Never been done before, first rounders are gold in the NFL especially from where the Redskins would be picking from the next two years after this. Craziness.

  8. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Redskins trade THREE #1s and a #2 for RGIII

    Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Redskins organization has been so bad for so long, I scoff at everything they do. When they picked up McNabb I told everyone he would fail and was castigated for it. We all know how that turned out.

    I am sort of a casual Redskins fan now that I have lived here for so long, the city is much more fun when they are good. They essentially gave up three picks as they are basically just swapping first round picks this year to get RGIII. I don't know enough about the guy to know if he's any good. But the Redskins trading away picks has done nothing but backfire for them in the past really. I don't really know what to think.

    That was also a risk...and one that failed miserably

    The Redskins made HORRIBLE moves under Vinny Cerrato, but the draft hsa actually been pretty good to them, even with that idiot in charge (Chris Samuels, Cooley, Sean Taylor, etc). they just loved trading draft picks, and for one they have picks to work a trade that may or may not be worth the risk.

    Though I agree, still dont know what to think / feel yet.

  9. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Redskins trade THREE #1s and a #2 for RGIII

    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This trade will go down as the worst in the history of the NFL. THREE first rounders? Never been done before, first rounders are gold in the NFL especially from where the Redskins would be picking from the next two years after this. Craziness.
    Wow, so glad you can predict the future.

    Can you tell me the winning numbers for the mega millions tonight as well?

    PS. Its two first rounders. They swapped firsts for this year. Then firsts from 2013 and 2014. You can call it what you want now, but just like the people who said the Giants overpaid for Eli are mighty quiet now, I am sure no one will say a word in RG3 has half the career Eli has had so far. And if he wins a SB, it will go down as one of the GREATEST trades in Redskins history.

    PPS. The Redskins have SUCKED for the past 15 - 20 years. SUCKED. They had the SIXTH worst record in the NFL this past season. SUCKED. with ALL of those FIRST round picks that you claim to be gold, they have yet to find a franchise QB.

    Crazy is calling any player a bust before he even leaves college.

    PPPS. I doubt it will go down as the worst trade in NFL history. Pretty sure Elway for Mark Hermann was worse....
    Last edited by vapacersfan; 03-10-2012 at 03:06 AM.

  10. #34
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,896

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Redskins trade THREE #1s and a #2 for RGIII

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    works well with their scheme is a understatement you couldn't design a QB who fits better in the Shanahan bootleg system. RG3 has a ton of Jay Cutler in his game and even more Aaron Rodgers.

    I dont blame the Skins he is a perfect fit and they maybe overpaid but in 5 years they will be happy they did IMO this is a smart gamble IMO.


    Rams did very well for themselves as well worked for both teams.


    there was 0% chance the Rams kept the pick it was way to valuable Justin Blackmon isnt worth 4 picks one being #6 overall
    Couldnt agree more. RG3 is legit. Shanahan will love this kid. He isn't as raw as some of you guys are making him out to be. He can throw the ball extremely well and is crazy athletic. He is an absolute game changer for the Redskins.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You lost me at Aaron Rodgers. Only two QB Heisman winners have won the big game with the last being Plunket in 1970. Griffin is an option QB and ran the damn ball an average of 17 times a game. An option QB has never won a superbowl, not even the best there was in Mike Vick. I'm so sick of hearing Skip Bayless talk this guy up like he's the second coming of Jesus Christ. They had four home games all year and lost three of them. Outside of Oklahoma they only beat two other ranked or at the time, over ranked teams in TCU and Texas. Completely overrated IMO. Remember this post 5 years from now. Bust.
    He's an option quarterback?! Did you even watch him play? Yeah, he ran the ball a lot, but he also completed 72% of his passes, and has a beautiful deep ball. The kid is very very accurate. He ran the ball a lot because he had to. He was everything to Baylor.

    Do you realize how bad Baylor was before RG3? They were always at the bottom of the Big 12 and were pretty much a joke of a team. When RG3 got hurt in 2009, Baylor won 1 game without him. The next season they win 7. And this year he lead them to 10 wins. That is unheard of for Baylor. And its all because of RG3.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  12. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,667

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Redskins trade THREE #1s and a #2 for RGIII

    When I look at RGIII, I don't think of Cutler or Rodgers, I think of Vick or Moon. You not only have to cover the receivers and get to the QB, you have to also can't over run the QB, or he'll break loose for a quick 20 yards.

  13. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    531

    Default Re: Report: Redskins trade THREE #1s and a #2 for RGIII

    Great move for the Rams for sure. Move from 2nd to 6th an still get one of the players they wanted to take the whole time, while adding the 39th pick this year in a deep draft on top of two more 1st.

  14. #37
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,225
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Redskins trade THREE #1s and a #2 for RGIII

    I have seen lot of tape on RGIII also, and his only thing is not just being able to throw a good long ball, he makes tons of plays and is very accurate passing the ball, one thing that was consistent with him is that even though they did not always convert on 3rd down he was able to put together a lot of drives to help his team score throughout the game.

    He never quit on any games that I saw even when his team was getting blown out and that is a wonderful thing because that is a possibility no matter if he went to the Colts or the Redskins.
    Why so SERIOUS

  15. #38
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,225
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Redskins trade THREE #1s and a #2 for RGIII

    Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When I look at RGIII, I don't think of Cutler or Rodgers, I think of Vick or Moon. You not only have to cover the receivers and get to the QB, you have to also can't over run the QB, or he'll break loose for a quick 20 yards.
    I am on the line of thinking he is more like Rodgers, he has more than enough speed but often stays in the pocket and tries to make the pass. Possibly more like the new Vick than the Old one.
    Why so SERIOUS

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Really? For This Useful Post:


  17. #39

    Default

    Whomever said it's only two firsts...redskins are sending three first rounders and a second for one first round pick...considering all of the needs The skins have, I feel like they are going to be pretty bad for another few years so thank you for those top ten picks!
    Rams management

  18. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,882
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Redskins trade THREE #1s and a #2 for RGIII

    Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whomever said it's only two firsts...redskins are sending three first rounders and a second for one first round pick...considering all of the needs The skins have, I feel like they are going to be pretty bad for another few years so thank you for those top ten picks!
    Rams management
    how is it 3?? They are swamping picks this year not just giving away #6 and they get the skins next 2 1st rd picks

    also the Skins have 40m in cap room when a lot of teams have to cut great players they can fill out their needs pretty well in the draft and free agency. The Skins have more picks this year than they have had in years.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  20. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Redskins trade THREE #1s and a #2 for RGIII

    Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whomever said it's only two firsts...redskins are sending three first rounders and a second for one first round pick...considering all of the needs The skins have, I feel like they are going to be pretty bad for another few years so thank you for those top ten picks!
    Rams management
    Two picks plus swapping this yeas first...........So basically trading two future first

    As for the top picks, the draft is a gamble for a reason. Some of the people Washington has drafted in the first round in the last ten years that didn't work out: LaRon Landry, who likely won't be back in a Redskin uniform. Carlos Rogers, Jason Campbell, Patrick Ramsey, Rod Gardner.

    We will see how bad they are. If they even go .500 this first year, make the playoffs in the next 3-5 years, or win the SB, it will be well worth it. Thanks for RG3 and you can have our number 20-32 picks - Redskins management
    Last edited by vapacersfan; 03-10-2012 at 10:43 AM.

  21. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Two picks plus swapping this yeas first...........So basically trading two future first

    As for the top picks, the draft is a gamble for a reason. Some of the people Washington has drafted in the first round in the last ten years that didn't work out: LaRon Landry, who likely won't be back in a Redskin uniform. Carlos Rogers, Jason Campbell, Patrick Ramsey, Rod Gardner.

    We will see how bad they are. If they even go .500 this first year, make the playoffs in the next 3-5 years, or win the SB, it will be well worth it. Thanks for RG3 and you can have our number 20-32 picks - Redskins management
    20-32? Really? Unless you guys somehow get talent on the perimeter, I would bet a good amount the rams are a better team than the skins over the next 5-7 years...Patrick Ramsey was the 32nd pick of the 1st round...not exactly the top ten picks we will likely see in return...I hope the skins turn it around but they need to make a crap ton more good decisions to make that happen...

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Dgreenwell3 For This Useful Post:


  23. #43
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,924

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Redskins trade THREE #1s and a #2 for RGIII

    The Redskins for many many years have kind of been like the JOB Pacers: bad enough to be laughed at by most of the league and never make the playoffs but not bad enough to get the 1st or 2nd pick of the draft and snag elite, game-changing talent. If the Pacers had traded away a couple of future firsts for the rights to Durant the year he came out, people probably would have been excited and happy about it for the most part on the Pacers board. The Redskins need (a shot) at electrifying talent. We'll see how this gamble goes.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:


  25. #44
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Redskins trade THREE #1s and a #2 for RGIII

    DG3,

    I agree. But if RG3 lives up to the hype (and he has to start on day 1, has to) then yes, I think they could easily make the playoffs. They had Rex freaking Grossman running the show last year and they started off as a .500 team. They started a rebuild last year (minus the stupid McNabb trade ) and they damn near shocked themselves with how good they started off. Granted, they had a backup QB expected to run the show, and Rexy is just not a start QB, and I like the guy, but he is not.

    Also, we still have the bulk of our drafts after the 3 high picks are gone and we have a great opportunity to meet several key needs in FA this year. It is an unusual year for having a lot of cap space and a huge and talented FA class. The FO had all this much in mind when giving what they gave.

    For what the targeted player is intended to be, and rigthfully projected to be (never a sure thing but c'mon), it was a great deal for the Rams and a valid (I say very smart) move for us, and necessary to beat out stiff competition.

    Two SB coaches wanted this guy very badly.

    Lastly, the Redskins had a really good off season last year. They have real pros running things now, not Snyder holding his XBOX controller playing Madden and ESPN Fantasty football

    DC,

    I agree, and a great analogy. They have sucked for year, but keep winning the meaningless games. The number 6 pick is fine and all, but we weren't going to find a franchise QB.

    As you say, its a gamble. But its one that is long overdue. Who was the last franchise QB is done? Sammy Baugh? Sonny? I mean technically Theisman is probably the closets, but his injury cut his career short...

  26. #45

    Default Re: Report: Redskins trade THREE #1s and a #2 for RGIII

    Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am on the line of thinking he is more like Rodgers, he has more than enough speed but often stays in the pocket and tries to make the pass. Possibly more like the new Vick than the Old one.
    His pocket presence is something he is going to have to be coached on and that O-line is pretty bad. Beck got saced 9 times in ONE GAME! Won a free weeks worth of condoms for it LOL.

    My only concern is that RG3 is going to be injury prone like Vick and laterally he isn't that good of making people miss.

  27. #46

    Default

    I do worry why people constantly compare rg3 to Vick....they arent comparable...rg3 a few weeks into the season had more touchdowns than incompletions...

  28. #47
    Member Hibbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Stay at ya mammy house
    Age
    32
    Posts
    979

    Default Re: Report: Redskins trade THREE #1s and a #2 for RGIII

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow, so glad you can predict the future.

    Can you tell me the winning numbers for the mega millions tonight as well?

    PS. Its two first rounders. They swapped firsts for this year. Then firsts from 2013 and 2014. You can call it what you want now, but just like the people who said the Giants overpaid for Eli are mighty quiet now, I am sure no one will say a word in RG3 has half the career Eli has had so far. And if he wins a SB, it will go down as one of the GREATEST trades in Redskins history.

    PPS. The Redskins have SUCKED for the past 15 - 20 years. SUCKED. They had the SIXTH worst record in the NFL this past season. SUCKED. with ALL of those FIRST round picks that you claim to be gold, they have yet to find a franchise QB.

    Crazy is calling any player a bust before he even leaves college.

    PPPS. I doubt it will go down as the worst trade in NFL history. Pretty sure Elway for Mark Hermann was worse....
    In last years draft they could of selected Andy Dalton.
    2010 Tebow.
    2009 Josh Freeman.
    2005 Aaron Rodgers.
    2004 Ben Roethlisberger
    2001 Drew Brees
    See a trend here? There are gold if you use them right or know what your doing and there management has made a joke of their own team for years.

  29. #48
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,792

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Redskins trade THREE #1s and a #2 for RGIII

    If we would have switched from Painter to Dan O. earlier then that could be us swindling Washington. We would have likely kept Peyton had that been the scenario and we would some of those picks to stockpile some young talent around him, as well as probably draft a QB who would have set behind him for a few years.

  30. #49
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Redskins trade THREE #1s and a #2 for RGIII

    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In last years draft they could of selected Andy Dalton.
    2010 Tebow.
    2009 Josh Freeman.
    2005 Aaron Rodgers.
    2004 Ben Roethlisberger
    2001 Drew Brees
    See a trend here? There are gold if you use them right or know what your doing and there management has made a joke of their own team for years.
    They could have.....so could a bunch of other teams who passed on those players..........

  31. #50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stl fans have to be estatic about this....
    I live in St. Louis. I wouldn't use the word 'ecstatic' though. A lot of people are wary of Sam Bradford after that disappointing sophomore campaign..have to wonder if they'd have been better off taking Suh over Bradford 2 years ago and having a chance at RG3 this year. Obviously that's an oversimplification, but I was baffled by how quickly people jumped on board the "Sam Bradford is the next can't miss QB" train. It'll be interesting to see where they go from here.

    /rams update

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eddie Gill For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Report: Sacramento Kings, Milwaukee Bucks close to trade [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-19-2010, 08:30 PM
  2. 4 way trade proposal: Golden State, Houston, Chicago, and Indiana
    By thunderbird1245 in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-06-2008, 04:59 PM
  3. Sheridan talks superstar trades
    By indygeezer in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-17-2008, 09:13 PM
  4. Insider Article
    By FiestyFosterFanatic in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-18-2005, 11:27 AM
  5. 6/24 - Final Mock Draft
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-24-2004, 01:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •