Thread: Ind/Hou/LA

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Ind/Hou/LA

It's rumored that a deal is close between LA and Houston involving Gasol. But they're looking for a third team with a pg. So here's my idea:

Pacers give DC, get KMart

Houston gives KMart, Scola, get Gasol

LA gives Gasol, get Scola, DC

Houston might have to throw a pick to LA too, LA gets their pg and a starting 4, Houston gets Gasol, Pacers get their scorer off the bench and allows GHill to start.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Ind/Hou/LA

Quote Originally Posted by 2minutes twoa View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's rumored that a deal is close between LA and Houston involving Gasol. But they're looking for a third team with a pg. So here's my idea:

Pacers give DC, get KMart

Houston gives KMart, Scola, get Gasol

LA gives Gasol, get Scola, DC

Houston might have to throw a pick to LA too, LA gets their pg and a starting 4, Houston gets Gasol, Pacers get their scorer off the bench and allows GHill to start.
    When I first heard that Houston was pushing hard for Gasol and there was not a deal yet, I thought they were looking for a third team to get involved to get LA a PG. Great idea overall, but I don't love KMart. It would probably make us a more talented team, but I don't love taking on his contract for what he would give us. I think we would want a first from someone in this deal for taking on so much money.
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

Want nothing to do with KMart. I'd take any combo of TWill, Hill or Patrick Patterson off their hands.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I would be looking to add Jordan Hill if I am Larry Bird. I think our second rounder could probably get him. He has never been on a team with solid veteran leadership and he is a crazy athletic big. Something we lack. He can play some center minutes. I would give them our first this year if they threw in Courtney Lee and the lesser of Patrick Patterson or Marcus Morris. They have Goran Dragic, who I think has potential if given an opportunity.

I would love to make a deal with Houston on some of their guys they didn't resign. Unless the Rockets are planning on signing them all I just don't see what they are doing by rescinding their team options on a few of these kids. Oh well. There lies opportunity in Houston, IMO. We might be able to parlay some of our guys elsewhere in a salary dump move for a LT team. Think JO for Dahntay type of move where we cut salary from next year, but it cuts huge LT penalties for this year for the other side.
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."