Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Addai, Brackett, Clark, Bullit GONE!

Default Re: Addai, Brackett, Clark, Bullit GONE!

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    but no joke Luck is going to have a terrible cast. His OL at Stanford IMO is better than what the Colts plan on putting out there.

Luck had a great cast will be interesting to see how he does with bad WRs TEs and OL.
    They'll be different for sure. Doesn't mean they'll be bad. Let's wait and see who the replacements are.

Pass That

Quote Originally Posted by Ownagedood View Post
    Being a 3-4 LB is COMPLETELY different than being a 4-3 DE.. of course he's going to struggle at the 4-3 DE when one of the best DE in the league gets taken out.. that means they just double up on Mathis.. Freeney has to go because he doesn't fit 3-4 at all, but has value around the league so a trade would be best. Mathis is more flexible to how he can play and does fit the 3-4 because he can play LB... Freeney was the better player in a 4-3, but in a 3-4 he's useless, while Mathis brings much more to the table. Hence signing Mathis but getting rid of Freeney.
    Exactly this. I remember early in Mathis' career moving him to lb was being discussed. In a 3-4 the scheme is going to allow him to only be single blocked. If a team focuses too much on him then the other guys will go terrorize the opponent.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Custom User Titleist
    Another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The next question is what will the Colts do two years from now when they have attendance that has local TV blacked out, Irsay is hemorrhaging money and looking for CIB help? Talk about Indy returning to being a Pacers and basketball town...

Then, what if the Pacers attendance hasn't improved by then, either? Will TPTB in politics conclude that Indy simply doesn't support professional sports anymore, and because of that decide that it might be best to let one or both franchises go elsewhere? Then what? Return to the glorious days of telethons, though with current FB / Twitter / other hot app of that time technology as the platform for the fundraising to keep whichever franchise is considered viable?

Again

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by GP33 View Post
    I smell a repeat of the number #1 overall pick
    At this point, I think it might be a good way to rebuild this team.

The Colts' greatness during the past decade was built through the draft. Peyton (#1), Edgerrin James(#4), and Freeney (#11) were all early draft picks that changed the Colts from a doormat into a powerhouse.

A more recent example is the Detroit Lions. Getting Stafford and Suh changed their team into a playoff contender. The Colts will be really bad this year but in 3 years they should be back in the playoff hunt.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    At this point, I think it might be a good way to rebuild this team.

The Colts' greatness during the past decade was built through the draft. Peyton (#1), Edgerrin James(#4), and Freeney (#11) were all early draft picks that changed the Colts from a doormat into a powerhouse.

A more recent example is the Detroit Lions. Getting Stafford and Suh changed their team into a playoff contender. The Colts will be really bad this year but in 3 years they should be back in the playoff hunt.
    your forgetting about 10 years of the Carlos Rodgers and Mike Williams and Joey Harrington's of the world. I kind of feel bad for Det they are in cap hell right now due to the old draft structure at least the Colts are rebuilding with a new cap friendly system.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    your forgetting about 10 years of the Carlos Rodgers and Mike Williams and Joey Harrington's of the world. I kind of feel bad for Det they are in cap hell right now due to the old draft structure at least the Colts are rebuilding with a new cap friendly system.
    I blame that more on Matt Millen than I do the draft. He was a terrible GM one of the worst I've ever seen. Ask any Detroit Lions fan what they think of Matt Millen as GM. Be prepared for a lot of foul language.

I hope the new Colts GM will fare better.

Quote Originally Posted by GP33 View Post
    I smell a repeat of the number #1 overall pick
    I'm thinking at least 2nd.

We are going to be bad. Just hope that line is good enough not to get Luck injured.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Mood

Not really worried about our offense too much, more worried about our defense, I think they will really help determine how many games we win, I think we will be able to put decent players around Luck and our O will be okay atleast to 20 in the league, I know that is not the best but with a decent defense we should win atleast 6 or more games. Plus with Luck being so good in the red zone I think we should have a chance to do better than that, but again I think it all depends on our defense.
    Why so SERIOUS

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    Not really worried about our offense too much, more worried about our defense
    I'm actually more worried about the offense because as it stands now I think Luck would take a beating. The biggest problem with the offense right now is the o-line imo. That needs improved in order to protect Luck which is where my concern is. No matter how good Luck is it will take him some time to adjust to the NFL and you can't have him (or any franchise qb) taking a beating every week.

The problems are the o-line are complicated by the lack of weapons. Right now the Colts have average players at RB, WR, and TE...at best. While I think they can get by with a Donald Brown/Delone Carter combo running the ball those guys are not elite by any means. The WRs and TEs are not elite either. This is going to put more pressure on Luck and the o-line.

Most will probably disagree but I would be totally fine with using the first 3-4 picks on offense mostly to shore up the o-line but also to get another WR. The defense would hurt this year but I would rather sacrifice the defense this year than I would give up putting some quality around Luck on offense.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Young View Post
    I'm actually more worried about the offense because as it stands now I think Luck would take a beating. The biggest problem with the offense right now is the o-line imo. That needs improved in order to protect Luck which is where my concern is. No matter how good Luck is it will take him some time to adjust to the NFL and you can't have him (or any franchise qb) taking a beating every week.

The problems are the o-line are complicated by the lack of weapons. Right now the Colts have average players at RB, WR, and TE...at best. While I think they can get by with a Donald Brown/Delone Carter combo running the ball those guys are not elite by any means. The WRs and TEs are not elite either. This is going to put more pressure on Luck and the o-line.

Most will probably disagree but I would be totally fine with using the first 3-4 picks on offense mostly to shore up the o-line but also to get another WR. The defense would hurt this year but I would rather sacrifice the defense this year than I would give up putting some quality around Luck on offense.
    I understand your concerns, and I feel where you are coming from, but I will say that I think Brown will be okay, and will do a decent job picking up blitzes, I think that saying those positions are average is a over estimate.

I think the O-line will improve, I think Ben and Castanzo will really be helped by having a off season. I also think we will get some decent guys through free agency that should help some for this year, next year when we have cap I expect us to make bigger moves. Hopefully some of the young guys that we give a chance this year will really show up and turnout to be contributors to the future.

I know Luck is not our QB yet, but I believe he will do a decent job, and with us running the ball more it should limit the amount of dropbacks he has to take in his first season.
    Why so SERIOUS

Quote Originally Posted by Young View Post

The O-line isn't as bad as you think and you sure don't solve the problem this year with draft picks. The Colts drafted a LT and RT last year and Joe Reitz will fit well in either guard postion and is big enough to play power football which is the BEST way to not get your QB hurt.

The line lacks depth but if you want to protect Luck then you go after savy veterans that are on a discount and run ALOT more with 2 TE sets.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post: