Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Addai, Brackett, Clark, Bullit GONE!

Default Re: Addai, Brackett, Clark, Bullit GONE!

Good thing Jimbo waited till after the season ticket renewals were due before he cut Manning and everyone else.

Even though it sucks because its an end of an era it had to be done(some of those guys should've been out of here years ago)

The ironic thing is that Manning got the boot because his team was so bad without him its what it really comes down to.

I mean these guys didn't do much without him so really its not too big of a loss.

And about frickin time they cut Curtis Painter what a wasted draft pick.

I don't get why they couldn't trade Clark and try and get something for him if possible.

No one's trading anything for a 33 year old TE coming off his injuries.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Well the whole Indianapolis Fan theory is about to be tested. I've heard alot of people say they won't go to Pacer Games because they know the team has know chance to win the Championship.

Well.......how many of them will still go to Colts games now?
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Some of the people on twitter bashing the Colts moves are durrrrr very slow. This team was just plain awful last year without Manning, whatever makes anyone think they will be any good at all next year with a rookie QB who will not be leaps and bounds better than Orlovsky at least at the beginning of the season confounds me. Clark is old and ineffective at this point in his career. Brackett is easily replaced with Angerer. Melvin is always hurt. Addai has utility as a back up utility player on a good team in terms of catching and blocking, but cannot deliver for a struggling team that relies on him to gain any yards at all on the ground. It was proven last year that Manning was great but the foundation under him was rotten. It is time to rebuild.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know this isn't a popular statement I'm about to make, but here it goes. Dallas Clark was never really that good. He dropped too many passes, couldn't block to save his life and was only that good because Manning delivered those passes on time and on the money. Manning threw 60% of his INT's because people couldn't hold on to the damn ball. The truth is, last year we learned that the Colts sucked, finally. Now the owner realized that fact too. I had been telling people this for years. During Manning's reign he never had a REAL defense, his options were overrated and his offensive line and running game was only good 3 of his 14 years here. Harrison was just Torry Holt without Manning, albeit a good thing. Reggie Wayne was just Alvin Harper without Manning. Dallas Clark was chop suey without Manning. Seriously, go back and look at the games. Rarely was anybody ever open by more than 12 inches. I watch other teams like the Saints and constantly envy that reciever core. That is getting open.

I was asked by some close friends about how the Colts would do without Manning, and I told them I would be suprised if they won a single game. Out of pure luck they did win a couple, thank you opposition. Our Cover 2 scheme has always been a bend but don't break style because we relied on Manning's ability to keep the defense on the field while at the same time scoring points. Last year the defense had to learn what it's like to actually play defense.

Hell, Freeney is the best pass rusher ever to be a complete crutch to his defense, and he would have never put up such numbers if he wasn't given the green light to blow by running back in obvious running situations. It was no secret why our running defense was suspect whenever the front seven was just a front six. Bob Sanders was the only player who ever masked that weakness. Robert Mathis is better than Freeney and deserves to remain a Colt. Freeney not so much. Although I do love how Freeney forces turnovers with sacks, a fact that cannot be ignored, but Mathis does too and he actually tackles runningbacks .

Don't get me wrong, I'm a true Colts fan that calls it how he percieves it, but I have always hated these things about the team, and had wished the owners had realized how much Manning carried this franchise before it was too late. Manning and Brady are not equal. Brady has had these things Manning lacked for years. And, this awesome OL and WR core he had was mostly all him for the last 7 years. The guy got rid of the ball faster than any QB in NFL history, and I'm going to miss watching him in blue. The dude made me think other football games were boring. I really hope Manning joins a solid all around team that he can take to the promiseland. And yes, I hope he sticks it to us when he plays us.

All things considered, Irsay has made some smart moves by cutting all these guys out. Time to build a complete team for a change. One that wins on the defensive end. I hope we land some promising young targets for Luck to grow with. Guys not named Pierre "butterfingers" Garcon. I'm very optimistic that they will get it done, but it is going to be a long, bumpy ride.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Noodle For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    I agree, why not keep Addai and Clark? Why re-sign a 31-year-old Mathis if we're going for a youth movement?
    Addia and Clark can't stay healthy. They aren't worth their cap hits if they only play 8 games a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Little surprised with Bullit, he's been solid and has not missed much time till last season, I didn't think he made that much money.
    Bullit has a chronic shoulder injury that caused him to miss most of the last TWO seasons. He should never have been given a contract after last season.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to hoosierguy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post

The bottom line is, Andrew Luck better be one heckuva QB or we might see those Mayflower trucks rolling down West Street.
    Not until 2034 at the earliest.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to hoosierguy For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    Bullit has a chronic shoulder injury that caused him to miss most of the last TWO seasons. He should never have been given a contract after last season.
    I didn't remember him missing time the year before this season. Guess it was a good call then.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

2-14, 2 and 14....
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Tony Gonzalez disagrees with this comment.

I dunno the Redskins would've

Pass That

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbert View Post
    Tony Gonzalez disagrees with this comment.
    Clark <<<<<< Gonzalez

Dallas was and always will be a glorified WR. Gonzalez is arguably the best to ever play his position.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrPreGame For This Useful Post:

38 million in dead cap money, all in the 2012 season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...of-dead-money/

Looks like the plan is to have a year of pain to clear dead cap.

Suck for Matt Barkley, to trade for multiple picks?
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

I have nothing but respect for all of these guys. I'll always think of Addai, Clark, and Brackett as Colt champions first and foremost.

I wish we had one of Garcon, Wayne, or Clark coming back next year to help Luck and show him how things are done. That poor guy isn't going to have anyone to throw to. Young Manning knew that he always had Marvin to rely on.

The only that matters in 2012 for this team is getting Luck's feet wet. We will probably have an awful record. In a year from now we will likely have another high draft pick along with some cap space. Then we can hopefully start seeing some substantial improvements.

No rebuilding on the fly for the Colts...
    They are gonna take their lumps, score some high draft picks along the way, and hopefully come out the other side with all that and a better idea of how a championship contender should be built.

The wildcard will be whether Luck is a special QB, a serviceable QB, or a bust.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Suck for Matt Barkley, to trade for multiple picks?
    Wow, I hadn't thought about that. Barkley could probably land 3 firsts like RGIII. Would be awesome, in some ways. Gotta think Luck can win at least 3 or 4 games though to keep that from happening.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by CooperManning View Post
    Wow, I hadn't thought about that. Barkley could probably land 2 firsts and a 2nd like RGIII. Would be awesome, in some ways. Gotta think Luck can win at least 3 or 4 games though to keep that from happening.
    Fixed for accuracy

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Fixed for accuracy
    ?

No.

"The teams didnít disclose the terms. It widely has been reported that the Redskins will surrender the sixth overall pick in the 2012 draft, a second-round pick in 2012, a first-round pick in 2013, and a first-round pick in 2014."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...for-no-2-pick/

Mood

?

No.

"The teams didn’t disclose the terms. It widely has been reported that the Redskins will surrender the sixth overall pick in the 2012 draft, a second-round pick in 2012, a first-round pick in 2013, and a first-round pick in 2014."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...for-no-2-pick/
    yes they are swamping 2 and 6 so it is really just 2 1st rd picks.

the Skins are getting a 1st back in RG3 so it is just 2 1sts

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    yes they are swamping 2 and 6 so it is really just 2 1st rd picks.

the Skins are getting a 1st back in RG3 so it is just 2 1sts
    Well, obviously.

When I said Barkley could net three firsts, I didn't mean three extra firsts. But thanks for keeping everybody in check there, P4E.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to CooperManning For This Useful Post:

Rams get 1st round picks in 2012, 2013, 2014 = three 1st round picks, plus one 2nd round pick,

for pick #2.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Well, obviously.

When I said Barkley could net three firsts, I didn't mean three extra firsts. But thanks for keeping everybody in check there, P4E.

Quote Originally Posted by EmCeE View Post
    Hell, Freeney is the best pass rusher ever to be a complete crutch to his defense, and he would have never put up such numbers if he wasn't given the green light to blow by running back in obvious running situations. It was no secret why our running defense was suspect whenever the front seven was just a front six. Bob Sanders was the only player who ever masked that weakness. Robert Mathis is better than Freeney and deserves to remain a Colt. Freeney not so much. Although I do love how Freeney forces turnovers with sacks, a fact that cannot be ignored, but Mathis does too and he actually tackles runningbacks .
    Mathis maybe better against the run, but overall Mathis is nothing without Freeney. Time and time again when Mathis was out there by himself without Freeney to protect him and demand the attention from the OL he would routinely get shut down. Heck the reason we went after Hughes was our inaiblity to create any pass rush when Freeney went down. To me if we are getting rid of Freeney we might as well have shipped Mathis out there.

To give a guy a long term contract who routinely got shut down without Freeney out there and who is standing up to be a first time OLB is a bit crazy in my book. I hope Mathis proves me wrong and shows he is worth every penny, but I am not going to be surprised if this is a disaster.

I could not agree more with what you said about Clark. The guy was probably the most overrated player on our team. The guy had very inconsistent hands, could not block to save his life, and was non existent the moment Manning went down.

I am not really surprised they are cleaning house. Peyton's injury opened up Irsay's eyes to the fact that this team was built for Manning and he was the one that made this team go. Without him this team is pretty much useless.

Polian was always touted as some genius which I do not doubt that he knows the game better then most, but just building your team around a single player and riding him for 14 seasons was only going to end in disaster. Polian played Russian roulette every season and lost last season when Manning went down.

They got to blow it up to rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by thewholefnshow31 View Post
    Mathis maybe better against the run, but overall Mathis is nothing without Freeney. Time and time again when Mathis was out there by himself without Freeney to protect him and demand the attention from the OL he would routinely get shut down. Heck the reason we went after Hughes was our inaiblity to create any pass rush when Freeney went down. To me if we are getting rid of Freeney we might as well have shipped Mathis out there.

To give a guy a long term contract who routinely got shut down without Freeney out there and who is standing up to be a first time OLB is a bit crazy in my book. I hope Mathis proves me wrong and shows he is worth every penny, but I am not going to be surprised if this is a disaster.
    Being a 3-4 LB is COMPLETELY different than being a 4-3 DE.. of course he's going to struggle at the 4-3 DE when one of the best DE in the league gets taken out.. that means they just double up on Mathis.. Freeney has to go because he doesn't fit 3-4 at all, but has value around the league so a trade would be best. Mathis is more flexible to how he can play and does fit the 3-4 because he can play LB... Freeney was the better player in a 4-3, but in a 3-4 he's useless, while Mathis brings much more to the table. Hence signing Mathis but getting rid of Freeney.