Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Addai, Brackett, Clark, Bullit GONE!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Not really a suprise we cut more guys but a little shocking the big name ones all came at the same time... gotta soak it all in..

Its a good move tho.. next year we can sign a superstar type player (or two) with the money we will have.. the defense needed a makeover anyways with 3-4... Freeney is out too, hopefully by trade.

As we saw last year clark was more a product of manning than anything.. and Addai is too breakable to keep at his pricetag

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ownagedood For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Addai, Brackett, Clark, Bullit GONE!

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He had bad WRs and mediocre TEs in college. Nothing new there. The line will be a downgrade relative to competition though.
    mediocre TEs and bad WRs??

I wouldn't call Colby Fleener mediocre he will be getting his name called very soon on draft day.

with Orson Charles getting busted for DUI a day after his pro day (what a idiot) he may be the first TE drafted.

Chris Owusu had an amazing combine he was a solid WR for Luck and certainly better than what many get at WR he is crazy fast and has good hands.

Had the best guard in the nation in DeCastro he has great ability to pull which fit perfectly in the Stanford power run offense. Had to good tackles one who many scouts think will be elite at the next level in Jonathan Martin.

his cast was 20X better than RG3's IMO(when including defense).

He had bad WRs and mediocre TEs in college. Nothing new there. The line will be a downgrade relative to competition though.
    I'll take a quote from the Polain era.. Next man up.

Brackett is no longer needed with Angerer. Plus he doesn't fit a 3-4. Bullitt is injury-prone.

Addai blocks well, but doesn't run that great anymore. We have some really crappy RBs, I'd be ok with most of them leaving. Keep Carter.

Clark they should have kept, I still think he'd be useful.

Who the hell is going to protect Luck, and who is he going to throw to?
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    I knew Bracket would be gone regardless, Angererererer is younger, better and cheaper. Not surprised with Addai, after Brown really came on last season, finally.

A little surprised with Clark, figured he would be a great target for Luck. Little surprised with Bullit, he's been solid and has not missed much time till last season, I didn't think he made that much money.
    Im cool with Brackett too, I knew after how Pat played this year. He earned that spot. The rest kind make me smh & wonder what they have in mind, bc theres no way you make those kind of cuts and not have a vision of what you want for this year. Colts offense (not even talking about Luck) isnt going to cut it as of right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ownagedood View Post
    As we saw last year clark was more a product of manning than anything
    I dont know if thats fair to say yet. I think you gotta give him a little more time. It could have been due to injury, our QBs, or a number of things. I still wanna see if it really was all PM or if somethings just been up with him.
    Last edited by CreekShow; 03-09-2012 at 08:16 PM.
    I Bleed Blue

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CreekShow For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post

Who the hell is going to protect Luck, and who is he going to throw to?

This is what I worry about. I have full confidence in Luck, but he is going to be starting his time here with a very depleted roster. When Manning was drafted in 1998, we already had a reliable LT in Glenn and a future HOF receiver in Harrison. He relied on those guys for many many years.

There's no doubt that young Manning benefited GREATLY from having a receiver of Harrison's caliber to throw to. That helped his progression immensely.

"The Triplets" were born in 1999 when Edge arrived in Peyton's second year. I don't think we're going to have a WR and RB of that sort of caliber around Luck that quickly.

Our record will likely be pretty bad next year so we will at least get another good pick. And we should have some very nice cap room down the line. With smart drafting and good free agent signings, this team will be back.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 03-09-2012 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post

I wouldn't call Colby Fleener mediocre he will be getting his name called very soon on draft day.

with Orson Charles getting busted for DUI a day after his pro day (what a idiot) he may be the first TE drafted.

Chris Owusu had an amazing combine he was a solid WR for Luck and certainly better than what many get at WR he is crazy fast and has good hands.

Had the best guard in the nation in DeCastro he has great ability to pull which fit perfectly in the Stanford power run offense. Had to good tackles one who many scouts think will be elite at the next level in Jonathan Martin.

Fleener is pretty good, you're right. Owusu I'm not a fan of. I agreed with you on the offensive line so I don't know why you bothered to bicker about that. His cast was probably better than RGIII's, but RG's system at Baylor was much more QB friendly than Luck's was.

With all of the causal fans jumping ship, if you are on the waiting list for season tickets, I bet you get a letter for this next season offering tickets...

Mood

Saw most of this happening, I read a lot of Colts chat sites, and basically, a lot has to do with salary, not this year but in the future, and also fit and performance.

Colts are trying to go to more of a pound running game, and with the play and contracts of Clark and Addai, there was no real need to keep them around if we are in the rebuilding stage, It is arguable that Addai got outplayed by both the other RB's last year. Clark can not stay healthy and has lost a step, or two, or three. Clark has been more of a pass catching TE with very limited blocking ability, which really showed this year when he was asked to help out to provide protection due to our like, and QB issues. Addai has never really been a pound it up the middle type of back either.

Bracked really did not have a position, and the way that Conner and Angerer played this season there is no need to bring him back with the contract he has. Bulliet, can not stay healthy either, and he definitely underperformed this season when he was healthy.

Painter was never viewed as a backup that would be needed to play in games, now that Peyton is gone and we saw what happened when he got in the game it just makes sense that we need to go in a different direction.

Grigson can say it is not about health, but that is a part of it, future cap was the big reason, and their play compared to the next best thing, if not better, was not strong enough to keep them around.
    Why so SERIOUS

Wow.

I really wanted to see him stay and something worked out with Gary Brackett. He is just such a great guy, so easy to root for, and I imagine a wonderful player to have in the lockerroom. The Colts have been so lucky to have multiple players like Gary Brackett it really really sucks to see em go. I know the guy is not the player he use to be, is not a ideal fit for Coach Pagano's defense, and is not worth his contract but I still wish something could have been worked out for him to stay. Its not like the Colts are going to become a 3-4 overnight.

I guess I love what the Colts have been about. I really do and appreciate it. I hate to see it end the way it has. I guess I have enjoyed having a lot of "good guys" on the team. I hate to see them all go.

With all that said about Brackett I am not surprised he has been released and I do understand why. However I am somewhat surprised that Dallas Clark and Joseph Addai were released.

Sure Clark is not worth what he is paid but you will need to give Andrew Luck some quality weapons to work with on offense. Clark is probably better than whoever he will be replaced with. Granted maybe there were issues behind the scenes here. Nevertheless grass isn't always greener on the other side. I hope the Colts are right that it will be in this case.

I am probably most surprised that Addai was released. He may not be a great runner but he is versatile and most importantly he is very good at blocking. Maybe the Colts are not going to run the same offense as before but I think having a back like Addai who can do a lot of things and block is very important especially with a poor o-line.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Wow....fans on twitter are pissed.
    Thats because they do not understand the business side of the game

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post

Fleener is pretty good, you're right. Owusu I'm not a fan of. I agreed with you on the offensive line so I don't know why you bothered to bicker about that. His cast was probably better than RGIII's, but RG's system at Baylor was much more QB friendly than Luck's was.
    Fleener is good, Owusu was hurt much of this year, Don't sleep on Baylor, their line was not the same, but the weapons that RGIII had around him were on par with that of Stanford, I think he had 2 WR's that both had 1000 yds, one who was dominate and will be going in the 1st round of the draft, his RB had over over 1500 yds I believe and over 20 tds and will be going in this draft as well, his center will be going in this draft too.

Also Johnathan Martin is slipping, should be a day 2 pick.
    Why so SERIOUS

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    OK... The colts will not have the first overall pick next year mark my words..
    Top 4 for certain though.

And it's not just #4 in the first round, but all the other rounds. So the next 2 years they will get Luck PLUS a late 1st round (virtual), late 2nd, late 3rd, then a #4 in the first 4 rounds.

7 solid picks, you better have a couple of good O-Line, a good LB, good CB and good RB out of that, even leaving 2 misses.

But it's still officially a Pacers town again.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post

But it's still officially a Pacers town again.
    Not based on attendance....
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

I wish I'd said something to Brackett at the game the other night. I should have thought about this possibility.

BTW, road the elevator down with T Glenn and 2 of his friends, and that was it. Just the 5 of us and the operator. They were talking some level of youth football it sounded like.

Well, when you add Reggie Wayne and Peyton to that list of unavailable players, the Colts might have a difficult time drawing anyone into those expensive seats.

I always wondered what LOF would be like without Manning and that offense. We are about to see and it could become a ghost town.

The bottom line is, Andrew Luck better be one heckuva QB or we might see those Mayflower trucks rolling down West Street.

[Lou Gossett]What are you doing at this Pacers Game![/LG]

[Richard Gere]I got nowhere else to go! I got nowhere else to go (sniff)[/RG]

It's coming.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

The offense is now decimated. Addai could have been turned into a short yardage receiver at least until we have some real WRs. Brown still has a lot to prove. Clark will do much better with a QB that he has practiced with over a period of time. We don't need Bullitt or Brackett. Garcon is not out of the picture yet.
    This team has had worse personnel than we have now. Just back to the good ol' days.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Even though, logically, I know this is the right direction to take, it's still tough to deal with emotionally.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Peyton's must be happy he's out of here. He wouldn't even know this team next fall.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Even though, logically, I know this is the right direction to take, it's still tough to deal with emotionally.
    PERFECTLY SAID

Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    Peyton's must be happy he's out of here. He wouldn't even know this team next fall.
    If Peyton were back with the team, a lot of these changes would not have happened, Bluitt and Bracket most likely would have been gone, not not the rest of the guys. They would not have been in a rebuilding state in that case.
    Why so SERIOUS

Mood

It pains me to say this but it was a move that was necessary. We need to get younger as a whole and these guys either did not fit the new scheme in Brackett and Bullit, need to retire in Saturday, have nothing left in the tank in Addai, and deserve the chance to go to a winning team instead of spending their latter years of their careers with a rebuilding team in Clark. The next one I expect is Freeney, which may not happen until draft day if we can get a pick or two for him. I have enjoyed watching all of these guys play in the past decade plus but father time catches up and now we have to do what is necessary to start over. I thank them all for their years of play and wish them the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    PERFECTLY SAID

If Peyton were back with the team, a lot of these changes would not have happened, Bluitt and Bracket most likely would have been gone, not not the rest of the guys. They would not have been in a rebuilding state in that case.
    If Peyton were still here some of these offensive players would have to be gone for cap reasons. Reggie, Saturday, Clark, Addai have big appetites and the defense really needs some attention. Garcon is obviously not going to take less if Peyton is still here.It was always going to be Garcon or Reggie not both.
    Last edited by speakout4; 03-09-2012 at 09:51 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hey, maybe these pissed off Colts fans will start to look for other entertainment. Maybe, people will start showing up to Pacers games.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    If Peyton were still here some of these offensive players would have to be gone for cap reasons. Reggie, Saturday, Clark, Addai have big appetites and the defense really needs some attention. Garcon is obviously not going to take less if Peyton is still here.It was always going to be Garcon or Reggie not both.
    They would have restructured their contracts to try to bid for a final shot at a championship, just like Peyton has in the past when they needed to sign Reggie, and Freeney.
    Why so SERIOUS

So Don Brown will finally get consistent touches? GOOD.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post: