Thread: Could use some cheering up right now...

The evolution continues neosmndrew's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Could use some cheering up right now...

Girlfriend and myself just broke up. Things were said that I regret. Pretty down on life. Could use some patented PD optimism.

Carmel HS Class of 2011

Quote Originally Posted by neosmndrew View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Girlfriend and myself just broke up. Things were said that I regret. Pretty down on life. Could use some patented PD optimism.
    Man I know the feeling...I am a sort of public figure in my hometown and a year and a half ago I had a really ugly public break up with a fiancÚ in which she falsified a pregnancy, attempted to call the cops on me even I was nowhere near her... I mean it was just wrong...pain happens for a reason Tho...now in the best relationship I have ever been in...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dgreenwell3 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Default Re: Could use some cheering up right now...

Not knowing anything about your relationship, and only knowing you graduated from Carmel in 2011 (based on your profile). Embrace this! Seriously. I'm married and am 27. Enjoy every bit of single life. Your in the prime of your life right now. Don't worry about relationships. I look back on my younger years when I was around your age and enjoyed the **** out of my life. I wish I could go back.

@Pacers24Colts12

I dated a girl off and on for a little over 8 years all together. From the ages of 15 to 23. We broke up about 16 months ago. She moved to Washington DC about 4 months ago, and has been engaged for just about a month now to a guy that she was actually dating while we were together. How long they were together, I don't know, but she went from talking about how she wanted me to move in so we could start the marriage/family process to how we needed to break up in just a few weeks. (Thank God that didn't happen, or it really would have been messy)

It gets better. Keep your head up.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    I dated a girl off and on for a little over 8 years all together. From the ages of 15 to 23. We broke up about 16 months ago. She moved to Washington DC about 4 months ago, and has been engaged for just about a month now to a guy that she was actually dating while we were together. How long they were together, I don't know, but she went from talking about how she wanted me to move in so we could start the marriage/family process to how we needed to break up in just a few weeks. (Thank God that didn't happen, or it really would have been messy)

It gets better. Keep your head up.
    That sucks. I had a similar relationship end a year or so ago. But, yeah, since is right, it gets better. Wayyyyy better. (really)

Mood

I feel for you man. I had something similar when my fiance dumped me while I was deployed in Somalia back in 1992-1993. Nothing sucks worse for a soldier to get a "dear John" letter while deployed in combat. The kicker was when I tried to write back to ask why she had everything return to sender.

It sucks man, no way around it. We have all been there before, and we will all repeat the same cliches that you don't want to hear...but it does get better. Message boards are a great place to fill that extra time you now have. I went through a vicious breakup a few years ago and that's when I started joining various message boards (pre-PD days for me, but any music, movies, or sports teams you are into help). Immerse yourself in something. Stay busy. As hard as it may be, force yourself to get out and do things. It sucks and you might be miserable at the time, but before too long you'll realize things are getting better, and not worse.

The evolution continues neosmndrew's Avatar

Thanks for the supportive words guys.

Past few days have been the biggest emotional rollercoaster of my life. I really had myself believing that she was the one. This is gonna take me a while to get over, but I appreciate your guys' help.

Carmel HS Class of 2011

Quote Originally Posted by neosmndrew View Post
    Thanks for the supportive words guys.

Past few days have been the biggest emotional rollercoaster of my life. I really had myself believing that she was the one. This is gonna take me a while to get over, but I appreciate your guys' help.
    Nothing wrong with that...take care!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I can relate. I feel for you.

My fiancÚ and I (we've been together for almost 5 years) had a rough night Saturday night which ended up with me being stranded in the parking lot of a restaurant. I had to walk home.

She came to the house with two police officers yesterday and a uHaul. I am now all alone.

I hope things work out for you, man!

Mood

I know the thing about thinking that person was the one. That makes it all so much more difficult. I went through three fiances in a three year period. Every girl was the one that I thought was the one. After a while I thought that maybe there was no one right now that is for me. I decided to bury myself in work and wouldn't you know it, six months later a co-worker introduced me to my wife now and everything took off from then. It has been 11 years this year on our anniversary. I couldn't even see having a life without her. She has shown great patience with me over the years and has always been my rock to lean on whenever times have been tough. That is what it is all about in life man. I have 2 beautiful kids. Regardless of the stress of everyday living with a kid that has cystic fibrosis she handles it all. She does so much and asks for so little in return. I knew she was the one when she stepped up big time for me when my grandmother died.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to jeffg-body For This Useful Post: