Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: 2012 NBA rumors thread part II

Default Re: 2012 NBA rumors thread part II

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who says no to this trade?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6vq7cn9

Indiana gets Monta+Okafor, NO gets Lou+DJ, GS gets Foster+Roy+AJ.
    damn dude, 5 players going out and 2 coming in. Good lord. You expecting Monta to play point?

Only way to take Okafor is if NOH is sending over one of those lottery picks.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

While watching the Bulls/Knicks game, the ESPN ticker stated that Orlando will try to add to their team in order to keep Howard. If they are unable to by Wednesday, then they will start talking trades for him. So everything's pretty much on hold until Wednesday I guess.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    damn dude, 5 players going out and 2 coming in. Good lord. You expecting Monta to play point?

Only way to take Okafor is if NOH is sending over one of those lottery picks.
    5 players and one of them is an starter(Roy) the rest of them are replaceable, we don't have big contracts so the only way to make it work is to send some salary out and yes I would have Monta at the point.

Banned

Banned

Horrible trade for GS.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/ellis-cent...eam-discussion

Ellis Center of Three-Team Discussion
    By HOOPSWORLD
    Basketball News & NBA Rumors
    EmailPrint1 Comment
    The Magic, Warriors and Hornets are in discussions on a three-team trade, two league sources confirmed.

Monta Ellis, Andris Biedrins and Dorell Wright would be sent by the Warriors to the Magic.

Ryan Anderson, J.J. Redick, Hedo Turkoglu and Quentin Richardson would be the main outgoing pieces from Orlando.

The Hornets’ exact involvement is unclear, but believed to be centered around Chris Kaman.

via Jarrod Rudolph of RealGM

Banned

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ke...inge-on-dwight

Posted: 12:03 am March 13, 2012

Bogut trade scenarios could hinge on Dwight
    By Ken Berger | NBA Insider
    PrintFacebookTwitter
    The Rockets and Warriors are discussing ways to acquire center Andrew Bogut from Milwaukee, with the Golden State scenario part of a complicated, three-team proposal that would send Monta Ellis to Orlando, multiple league sources told CBSSports.com.

The Warriors would get Bogut from the Bucks and send Ellis to Orlando as part of the Magic's efforts to persuade Dwight Howard that they are prepared to continue surrounding him with top-flight talent. The Magic are exploring multiple scenarios to upgrade their roster in the hopes that Howard would then relent on his strategy to opt out of his contract and become an unrestricted free agent on July 1.

Howard remained noncommittal about his future plans Monday, despite the Magic's latest efforts to appease him, sources said. While it's unclear whether Orlando executives have set a hard deadline to get an answer from their star center, league sources believe the Magic need to get some direction from Howard by Wednesday or will move forward with the next phase of their strategy -- deciding whether to trade him or keep him beyond Thursday's trade deadline and hope he has a change of heart in the summer.

Houston's efforts to acquire Bogut would be a less complicated, two-deal deal with Milwaukee in which many scenarios have been discussed. Among them, Milwaukee would get Samuel Dalembert, Courtney Lee and draft picks, sources said. The Rockets also presumably would have to take back Stephen Jackson, who has clashed with Bucks coach Scott Skiles and is owed $10 million next season, or the Bucks would need to find another home for him.

Milwaukee also has discussed various trade scenarios with Washington for Bogut, but while that would be another acceptable destination to the 7-foot Australian, the Wizards' overtures thus far have been shot down. Washington, however, could re-enter the fray depending on how the complicated possibilities with Golden State, Orlando and Houston play out over the next 48 hours.

Efforts to engage the Warriors with the Bulls and Lakers in trade talks for Ellis have been unsuccessful, multiple sources said Monday. What pieces the Bucks would receive in a three-team scenario with Golden State and Orlando are still under discussion.

Bogut, 27, has been out since Jan. 25 with a fractured ankle but indications from doctors are that he could return for the postseason if he were on a playoff team. The Bucks (18-24) are tied with the Knicks for the eighth playoff spot in the East, a half-game ahead of Cleveland. It has been reported that Bogut has requested a trade, but neither Bogut nor his representatives have commented publicly on the matter.

The most difficult aspect of Bogut going to Golden State in the three-team scenario that would send Ellis to Orlando is Howard's apparent reluctance to commit one way or the other by Thursday's 3 p.m. ET deadline. Even if Howard decided he wanted to stay in Orlando, it's likely that he would opt out of his $19.5 million contract for next season anyway and test free agency, when he could get a five-year deal from Orlando as opposed to a four-year deal with one of his top two choices, the Nets or Mavericks.

Banned

Gasol?

@KBergCBS: Person involved in the talks says Rockets have now backed away from Bogut discussions to pursue another deal. Stay tuned.

Banned

This is the new info.

The Rockets also had been pursuing Bogut in what would've been a less complicated, two-deal deal with Milwaukee with many scenarios discussed. But a person involved in the discussions told CBSSports.com early Tuesday that Houston has backed away from the Bogut talks to pursue another deal. A second source said that deal did not involve Pau Gasol of the Lakers, whom the Rockets have been eyeing since their three-team trade sending Gasol to Houston and Chris Paul to the Lakers was rejected by commissioner David Stern, acting as owner of the New Orleans Hornets, in December.

Banned

Yeah that's going to be crazy.

@IamaGM: Let's say the Magic acquire Monta Ellis in the next 36 hours. Do the Nets go into panic mode and deal Deron Williams?

Sports Logo

Who says no to this trade?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6vq7cn9

Indiana gets Monta+Okafor, NO gets Lou+DJ, GS gets Foster+Roy+AJ.

Pacers starting unit: Monta, PG, Danny, West, Okafor.
    I know who doesn't say no: the D-league, because half our roster will be filled with D-league players.
    Anyway, it's good value for all 3 sides. I am a big fan of trading Roy and Collison for a good point guard, and Monta is a good scoring guard.
    The problem is we will have even less passing. Collison was at least trying to pass, Monta is going to shoot first... That's why I'd rather attempt to get Rondo for that Collison+Hibbert package. If we can't, that's a package to consider

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

A Vecsey article:

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knick...h6e9rLgEhjUkRJ

Dwight drama set to end ... or not
    by Peter Vecsey
    Last Updated: 3:59 AM, March 13, 2012

In case the Knicks are unaware, someone might want to alert them Thursday (3 p.m. Eastern) is the NBA trading deadline.

Yes, once again it’s time for the annual prisoner exchange, though as part of the new collective bargaining agreement, any swap may be blocked by either commissioner David Stern or Iranian censors.

Naturally, the Plight, err, Flight of Dwight, takes precedence over where anyone else in the assemblage may be redistricted. Does Howard stay in Orlando? Get traded to the Nets? Rented? Sublet? Or turned into condominiums?

Last we checked Twitter, Howard had advised his followers he’s leaving; staying; wants to play with Tony Orlando; is looking forward to becoming Mikhail Prokhorov’s running partner, and he doesn’t mean in the next Russian election; and has eyes on Brooklyn, L.A., Dallas, Corpus Christi ... or maybe it was Chris Christie.

I’m guessing Magic general manager Otis Smith, who’s “50-50” to have the job come summer, has been on the phone more than Rick Perry denying 11th-hour appeals.

Scholarly speculation leads me to believe Howard will jump center when the Nets, of all teams, visit Orlando Friday night. Which uniform will he be wearing? Your guess is as good as mine.

But don’t be the least surprised should owner Rich DeVos put the onus on Howard to make the command decision at season’s end. To opt out or not to opt out, that is the question.

The financial consequences aren’t as prohibitive as widely presented. Should Howard sign for the four-year max ($81,114,448) elsewhere, the risk in forfeiting his Larry Bird free- agent rights is suffering a career-ending injury during that span, because a five-year max contract with Orlando is worth $109,229,059.

Otherwise, Howard’s loss would be relatively minimal ($3.5 million) because he’d make up the majority of the above difference ($24.6 million) on the first year (fifth, overall) of his second Nets contract.

OK, so why would DeVos chance losing Howard for possibly nothing? Should he do the turkey trot, the Magic are entitled to zero compensation.

Of course, management could work out sign-and-trade arrangements after the fact, as the Cavaliers and Raptors did apropos to LeBron James and Chris Bosh ... should DeVos find puny first-round positions and a trade exception appealing.

(Interesting that Cavs owner Dan Gilbert allowed such worthless wampum to override his puffed-up principles.)

“The Magic must like any trade they make at this point,” an Eastern Conference GM underlined. “If they can get 90-95 cents on the dollar for Dwight, my guess is they’ll deal. If it’s 70 cents, I think they’ll play it out like the Cavs did with LeBron.

“Cleveland went for a championship and that’s likely what the Magic also are thinking. Why not go for it? They’re in a new building that’s sold out and so are the sponsorships. More important, they’ve beaten some good teams last week (Bulls in Chicago and Heat at home). They’re in the third hole with a shot to move up a spot.

“Hey, if they reach The Finals, Dwight may have a change of heart. If not, look how it turned out for the Cavaliers. A year later, they got Kyrie Irving and Tristan Thompson in the draft and are exciting on their way back up. Plus, they’re making money. When LeBron played for them they lost a ton of money.

“So, what I’m saying is, in the end, if the Magic don’t get anything significant for Dwight, the Cavaliers are proving it’s not the end of the world.”

* Moving right along, the team most likely to trade a quality center — Andrew Bogut — is Milwaukee. Golden State, say sources, is making every effort to be first on the receiving line.

The Bucks are frustrated with Bogut’s inveterate injuries that take many months (a fractured left ankle Jan. 25 won’t permit him to play until mid-April) to rehabilitate.

The Warriors are drooling to get him (despite his two-year, $27 million obligation) because it’s obvious they can’t become a playoff team unless the cavity in their middle is manned by someone with size, scoring ability and shot blocking skills.

The big IF is Stephen Curry. That’s who is being offered. Last week, it looked like the two-for-one deal (Robin Lopez would have been obtained from Phoenix and rerouted to Milwaukee) was almost 100 percent approved by both sides. Subsequently, Curry’s surgically repaired (last summer) ankle sometimes forces him to pull up in pain when he makes a sharp cut. It doesn’t seem to be a grave problem, but it’s serious enough to make him take a seat and serious enough for the Bucks to take pause.

peter.vecsey@nypost.com

So... Curry and Robin Lopez for Bogut? There has to be more pieces involved to make the numbers work - Biedrins or Kwame? And who do the Warriors send to Phoenix to get Lopez - if Lopez is obtainable then we can probably come up with a better offer.

Also, isn't it rumored that SJax has to go out with Bogut? Can't see the Warriors taking back Cap'n Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by yoadknux View Post
    I know who doesn't say no: the D-league, because half our roster will be filled with D-league players.
    Anyway, it's good value for all 3 sides. I am a big fan of trading Roy and Collison for a good point guard, and Monta is a good scoring guard.
    The problem is we will have even less passing. Collison was at least trying to pass, Monta is going to shoot first... That's why I'd rather attempt to get Rondo for that Collison+Hibbert package. If we can't, that's a package to consider
    Monta is a scorer first and foremost, and he still averages more assists than Collison lol

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Banned

That's maybe the reason why GS is forcing Curry to play.

Banned

Marc J. Spears ‏ @SpearsNBAYahoo
    Bucks guard Brandon Jennings won't be traded, source close to the situation said.

Banned

Steve Kyler ‏ @stevekylerNBA
    Bucks not sure whats going to drop... they are asking the world for their chips, most teams not interested in the price

1h Steve Kyler ‏ @stevekylerNBA
    Brandon Jennings situation tied directly to what the Bucks do with Andrew Bogut... one offer has them getting a solid PG in return.

Banned

Alex Kennedy ‏ @AlexKennedyNBA
    Source close to the situation denied the rumored talks between the Warriors, Magic and Bucks: "No discussion whatsoever. Not one call."

Alex Kennedy ‏ @AlexKennedyNBA
    @HPbasketball I said yesterday that a deal between ORL, MIL, GSW makes sense, but I've been told emphatically that it hasn't been discussed.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 03-13-2012 at 10:37 AM.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have a feeling that this rumor got twisted along the way with Monta Ellis. I think the Warriors are offering Ellis and Biedrins for Bogut and SJax. This would preclude them from making any deal with the Magic around Monta. I think this deal makes a ton of sense for both sides. I would prefer Bogut, but this deal would then force the Bucks into looking to deal Jennings. Or have the least efficient back court in the league, but dynamic no doubt. There would be plenty of suitors for Jennings, I'm sure. They could move him for a center upgrade or a wing.
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. … You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    I have a feeling that this rumor got twisted along the way with Monta Ellis. I think the Warriors are offering Ellis and Biedrins for Bogut and SJax. This would preclude them from making any deal with the Magic around Monta. I think this deal makes a ton of sense for both sides. I would prefer Bogut, but this deal would then force the Bucks into looking to deal Jennings. Or have the least efficient back court in the league, but dynamic no doubt. There would be plenty of suitors for Jennings, I'm sure. They could move him for a center upgrade or a wing.
    It looks to me like the deal was going to send Monta+Jackson+Bierdrins to Orlando, Bogut+Gooden to GS and Redick+Anderson+Hedo+ other pieces+ picks to Milkwaukee.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Would something just happen already...

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:

Remember the Bucks being offered a "young, All Star caliber PG" for Bogut and everyone was asking who? Yeah, pretty sure that was Ellis.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Remember the Bucks being offered a "young, All Star caliber PG" for Bogut and everyone was asking who? Yeah, pretty sure that was Ellis.
    Really? My first thought was Curry.

Who really describes Monta as a PG? Even if you think he can play the position, that's not usually how he's thought of.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It looks to me like the deal was going to send Monta+Jackson+Bierdrins to Orlando, Bogut+Gooden to GS and Redick+Anderson+Hedo+ other pieces+ picks to Milkwaukee.
    I read that too, but I think that was misrepresented.

I think the person who got the info was projecting what 3/4 of the pieces in that deal would be based off of two or three names he was given.
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. … You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

From the other thread, Nets looking to salary dump Farmar ($4.2m) and Petro ($3.5m) in order to maximize their cap space for next season. They're offering the Houston 2012 pick (obtained from the TWill trade, currently #17) as incentive. Charlotte's large expiring deal (Diaw) is the supposed target. Pacers could probably do the same deal, but we probably don't want to mess our own 2012 cap space.

Also from the other thread, there are persistent rumors that Tyreke Evans is on the block. Supposedly the Kings are looking for a veteran leader in return, with Danny Granger previously being mentioned as a possibility (not in the current article though - I'll dig for the old article if anyone's interested).

This might get the ball rolling!!

@WojYahooNBA: Y! Sources: Whatever the Magic do at trade deadline, Dwight Howard's still determined to sign with the Nets in July. http://t.co/LDxMziSG