Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: 2012 NBA rumors thread part II

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2012 NBA rumors thread part II

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From the other thread, Nets looking to salary dump Farmar ($4.2m) and Petro ($3.5m) in order to maximize their cap space for next season. They're offering the Houston 2012 pick (obtained from the TWill trade, currently #17) as incentive. Charlotte's large expiring deal (Diaw) is the supposed target. Pacers could probably do the same deal, but we probably don't want to mess our own 2012 cap space.

Also from the other thread, there are persistent rumors that Tyreke Evans is on the block. Supposedly the Kings are looking for a veteran leader in return, with Danny Granger previously being mentioned as a possibility (not in the current article though - I'll dig for the old article if anyone's interested).
    Hmmm, Granger for a talented young ball stopper.

They'd have to send Demarcus for me to be cool with that Granger/Hans for Demarcus/Tyreke.

Start:
    DC
    Tyreke
    Paul
    David
    Roy

2nd:
    AJ
    GH
    Dahntay
    Lou
    Demarcus

(Aintanevergonnahappen)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Derek2k3 For This Useful Post:

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2minutes twoa View Post
    This might get the ball rolling!!

@WojYahooNBA: Y! Sources: Whatever the Magic do at trade deadline, Dwight Howard's still determined to sign with the Nets in July. http://t.co/LDxMziSG
    If Woj is right, that might actually mean very few moves will get done. He's saying that Howard will stay with the Magic until the end of the season, then will leave for the Nets.

Not good news for people hoping for trades.

From the other thread, Nets looking to salary dump Farmar ($4.2m) and Petro ($3.5m) in order to maximize their cap space for next season. They're offering the Houston 2012 pick (obtained from the TWill trade, currently #17) as incentive. Charlotte's large expiring deal (Diaw) is the supposed target. Pacers could probably do the same deal, but we probably don't want to mess our own 2012 cap space.

Also from the other thread, there are persistent rumors that Tyreke Evans is on the block. Supposedly the Kings are looking for a veteran leader in return, with Danny Granger previously being mentioned as a possibility (not in the current article though - I'll dig for the old article if anyone's interested).
    How about this.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=7y3j5uh

Pacers get:
    Farmar
    Honeycutt
    Marshon Brooks
    1st from Nets

Nets get:
    Tyreke
    Price
    Lou

Kings get:
    Granger

We get a SG, shift PG over to the SF. Nice backup point for DC, or push DC to the bench. Backup C and SF. Another first round pick! Could later package DC and a pick or both (possibly Hibbs) to make a run at Rondo.

Nets get another star player to put next to Williams, and probably Howard next year. They save money.

Kings need a SF and want Granger.
    Last edited by Sparhawk; 03-13-2012 at 01:53 PM.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Remember the Bucks being offered a "young, All Star caliber PG" for Bogut and everyone was asking who? Yeah, pretty sure that was Ellis.
    Yeah it was supposed to be Curry but he got injured and the bucks decided not to make the trade.

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

An Evans for Danny swap could be...interesting. I honestly haven't seen much of the Kings so I basically just have #s to look at. A straight up trade works, not sure if Sacto'd have interest in that given the extra cash they'd take on. Saves like $7mm this summer if they were interested.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If Woj is right, that might actually mean very few moves will get done. He's saying that Howard will stay with the Magic until the end of the season, then will leave for the Nets.

Not good news for people hoping for trades.
    I guess I look at it differently. I see it as Dwight finally saying that he's leaving Orlando no matter what, which would prompt Orlando to trade him so they don't lose him for nothing. We'll see.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    An Evans for Danny swap could be...interesting. I honestly haven't seen much of the Kings so I basically just have #s to look at. A straight up trade works, not sure if Sacto'd have interest in that given the extra cash they'd take on. Saves like $7mm this summer if they were interested.
    I think that would be incredible! Tyreke is the type of shot creating finisher we've been looking for!

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar

I would take Evans for a 1st. No way a trade of Granger goes there unless Cousins comes with Evans. Evans has proven not to be a pg, which is ok, but he isn't a good shooter either. He's a slasher, penetrator. He would be perfect to come off the bench and run with Hill. Both can share point if desired.

I like a Granger and Hans for Cousins and Evans. but I don't see the Kings dealing Cousins for any reason at the moment. But ya never know.

I would be very happy to see Cousins here. He would make Hibbert look like a All-Star every game. Cousins will be the most dominant PF in the league very soon!

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Sports Logo

I'm pretty sure Cousins is untouchable. And if he somehow magically gets here with the extremely non-realistic trade idea that was suggested here, we don't have Cousins backing up Roy
    Tyreke has a lot of upside, but he's a huge ball hog. I remember watching Kings games last year, their gameplan was pretty much "give the ball to Tyreke, get him to dribble 23 seconds, then have him pull up and miss". Another weird thing is that as a rookie he had all the tools to be a superstar in the league, and his rookie season was really amazing, and then he declined. Pretty strange.

Anyway, the young group of Collison/Evans/George/Hansbrough/Hibbert is pretty interesting. But I'd rather see us do a win-now move, or at least a move that gets us a really talented player (like Rondo) for a package of our talent (Collison, Hibbert, Granger..)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to yoadknux For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

I think Evans and others like Crawford, Jennings, Collison, Brooks, etc. etc reveal that the shoot first phenomenon is fool's gold, and that is starting to get better figured out.

Sure, it's fun when they're scoring 30 points a game. But it's not sustainable. Ultimately, team ball wins. Pass first point guards win, or at least pass savvy point guards.

(DRose is an obvious exception, although he scores first, he is at least savvy at passing and has good court vision. Tony Parker would be an anomaly to my theory here.)

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown