Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: 2012 NBA rumors thread part II

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2012 NBA rumors thread part II

Think Charlotte would be interested in a trade featuring Tyler and DJ?

It would make sense for Tyler, as he loves playing back in Carolina. Just thought it was an interesting thought.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Derek2k3 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Starting to heat up!!

@KBergCBS: The Blazers and Clips are discussing a deal that would send Jamal Crawford to L.A. for Eric Bledsoe and Ryan Gomes, sources say.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 2minutes twoa For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

It would make sense for Tyler, as he loves playing back in Carolina. Just thought it was an interesting thought.
    I think that would make a lot of sense for Charlotte. At least give their fans something to be excited about!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 2minutes twoa For This Useful Post:

I tend to be a pretty loyal fan when it comes to our players, perhaps to a fault.

So giving up Danny, Tyler, DC or especially Roy is something that I have a really tough time swallowing.

But if we can manage to get a package for Rondo (perhaps with JO, or Ray Allen if its a BIG deal) I think we really need to consider moving anyone not named Paul George or arguably Roy Hibbert.

Fact of the matter is, no matter how much I like DC, we really DO need a better facilitator. I have no doubt that DC will get there, but we are in a position right now to be a playoff threat, and if we can improve our team we need to do it now.

It will be an interesting few days.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Yeah, I don't expect Orlando to be able to pull off a Monta deal - they just don't have the assets. That report where Hornets are unloading in a 3-way is even weirder, as neither the Magic nor the Warriors have the cap space or exceptions to absorb Kaman. They'd have to be taking back some salary at least, and that means they must be demanding a pick at least just to facilitate.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Interesting idea. We'd need another big to replace Tyler though, and it better not be Diop or Tyrus. Augustin + Diaw might work.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    Interesting idea. We'd need another big to replace Tyler though, and it better not be Diop or Tyrus. Augustin + Diaw might work.
    Although Diop is way too expensive, he would sure be nice in a playoff series vs the Magic. 7ft 280lbs, 6 fouls/game

But, he makes $14.2M over the next 2, which is obscene.

Mullens had a hot start, but his contract is way too good for Charlotte to move him ($5.7M over the next 3). Unless of course they gave up on him.

My assumption is it would have to be Maggette ($21.1M over the next 2 ), Diop ($14.2M over the next 2) or Tyrus ($33.8M over the next 4 ).

Diaw is on an expiring deal, doubt they would want to let him go with these other monstrosities on the roster.

Mood

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 2minutes twoa View Post
    Starting to heat up!!

@KBergCBS: The Blazers and Clips are discussing a deal that would send Jamal Crawford to L.A. for Eric Bledsoe and Ryan Gomes, sources say.
    That would be sick. If the Clips land Crawford, I predict LAC vs. OKC in the Western Finals. If it wasn't apparently already. That team is strong and young and deep, when healthy. I doubt it goes through, though. I'd still love to land Crawford. I'm a believer in his game, and I think he could play for Frank Vogel. And he's a veteran to add to West, Granger, and Foster.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.

Banned

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ke...eadline-update

Trade Deadline Update
    By Ken Berger | NBA Insider

PrintFacebookTwitter
    With less than three days before Thursday's 3 p.m. ET trade deadline, here are the latest rumblings from around the NBA:

* The Trail Blazers and Clippers are discussing a deal that would send Jamal Crawford to the Clippers for Eric Bledsoe and Ryan Gomes, league sources told CBSSports.com. The talks have not advanced to the ownership level, but the two teams have exchanged proposals and were mulling over this idea on Monday. It's not clear whether the deal would be a precursor to a second trade for Portland involving disgruntled point guard Raymond Felton. Rival executives believe the Blazers are interested in exploring a swap of Felton to the Lakers for Steve Blake, with L.A. sending another piece to make the salaries match and compensate the Blazers for getting the better player and future cost savings in the deal. The Portland coaching staff and front office are comfortable with Blake, who could provide a calming presence as the team battles through numerous distractions. Coach Nate McMillan appears to be safe for the time being, according to people in contact with Blazers officials.

* With Ricky Rubio out for the year, the Timberwolves are almost certain to keep point guard Luke Ridnour. Another interesting result of the Rubio injury: If the Wolves fade without Rubio, their unprotected first-round pick sent by the Clippers to New Orleans in the Chris Paul deal potentially becomes more valuable. But one rival executive believes it's unlikely that teams would be willing to take on Emeka Okafor's $28 million over the next two years -- even for a pick that could turn into, say, Anthony Davis. Rick Adelman has done such an exemplary job with the Wolves -- with a short training camp and virtually no practices -- that it's hard to envision them dropping off too much with Ridnour taking over for Rubio. But it's a situation that bears watching. If the Hornets wind up with a top pick as a result of the Paul trade, it would be vindication for commissioner David Stern's veto of a prior three-way deal with Houston and the Lakers. What would the commissioner/owner say if presented with the chance to parlay that pick into $28 million in savings for the new owner? Probably not likely, given that what the Hornets need more than anything are players. They already have payroll flexibility to a degree.

* The Hawks appear determined to stand pat with their roster through the deadline, barring a minor deal that could help them for the stretch run and playoffs, sources say. One possibility would be moving Kirk Hinrich, but it would have to be a trade that helped them basketball-wise, not simply a salary dump. As for Josh Smith, who isn't exactly denying that he's requested a trade, Hawks GM Rick Sund's approach to such things historically has been to deal with them in the offseason -- say, around the draft, when more teams will be active in the trade market and draft picks acquired in trades will be known quantities.

* The Lakers are said to be serious about trading Pau Gasol in the right deal, with the emphasis on saving on future payroll. But Rockets guard Kyle Lowry being out 2-4 weeks with a bacterial infection may have put the brakes on a potential Gasol-to-Houston deal. If the Lakers could've gotten a healthy Lowry, rival executives believe it would've eased the loss of Gasol. Luis Scola has been showing signs of age, but while he has two guaranteed years totaling $19.6 million left, that's about half what Gasol is owed over the next two seasons. In any event, the Lakers need to be aware that an obvious cost-saving trade as opposed to a basketball-upgrade trade would send the wrong message to Kobe Bryant, who is running out of time to chase his sixth championship to equal Michael Jordan's mark. "If they're going to send a message to Kobe Bryant that they're not about winning, they're about money," one league source said, "that's going to set off a whole new deal."

* Seeing/reading a lot of Dwight Howard scenarios that seem to be coming out of thin air? Welcome to the 96 hours before the trade deadline, the time for Orlando to smoke out all potential offers and prime the pump as they decide whether to trade Howard by Thursday or hold onto him and take their chances in the summer. "The player holds all the cards," said one person on the periphery of the Howard saga. "He's killed (Orlando's) market." By making it clear that he'd only sign a long-term deal if traded to the Nets , Mavericks or Lakers, Howard has the leverage for now. The only way he loses is if the Magic send him to a team on a rental basis, thus cutting off Howard's chance at getting a five-year deal as a free agent. Staying in Orlando is the only way Howard can get the fifth year under the new rules, and indications are that he'd like to hang onto that fallback option as long as possible. It's up to the Magic whether they afford him that chance.

Banned

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...he-right-price

The Milwaukee Bucks don't sound far from setting fire to their roster. Andrew Bogut is on the trading block for the first time since he joined the team in 2005 and now their young point guard could be as well.

Via SI.com:
    Sources said Milwaukee has made third-year point guard Brandon Jennings available "for the right price," as one executive who has spoken to the Bucks put it. Jennings, who was drafted 10th overall in 2009 and has been considered the team's future franchise player, irked Bucks officials with his comments to ESPN.com in early February about a possible departure.

"I'm going to keep my options open, knowing that the time is coming up,'' he wrote in an e-mail to the Web site. "I'm doing my homework on big-market teams."

The comments made little sense considering the Bucks have most of the control over Jennings' future. Even if he declined an extension offer this summer, Jennings would be a restricted free agent in the summer of 2013 so long as Milwaukee issued the qualifying offer. Jennings could be an unrestricted free agent in 2014 if he signed the qualifying offer.

The question for Jennings is, what's the right price? You can be absolutely certain the price the Bucks have in mind isn't the one that other teams will be offering. We're talking a 22-year-old point guard that can score, is a career 38.5 percent shooter from the field. He's not a high assist man -- averaging 5.6 a game this season -- and definitely isn't a valued defender.

Jennings is a fine player, but he isn't going to fetch the kind of return on investment the Bucks are seeing. Which is why there's very little chance he actually is moved. The calls being put in for Jennings will be low-ball offers, trying to just gauge if the Bucks are mad enough at Jennings for his mouth to move him.

In terms of a franchise piece, Jennings isn't one. He's a nice point guard that scores in bulk, but often does it inefficiently. He's a worthy player to have as part of a bigger objective, but not the player to build around.

It's doubtful the Bucks actually move him this deadline, but the situation in Milwaukee appears to be teetering. Beyond Bogut and Jennings, there isn't much left to build around long-term, so the Bucks could be close to blowing things up

Banned

Rick Bonnell: I hear from multiple sources Nets expressed interest in Boris Diaw's expiring contract. The hitch is what #Bobcats would have to take back. Twitter

Banned

@ESPNSteinLine: Sources tell ESPN that GSW far more focused Monday trying to assemble workable trade scenario to get Andrew Bogut from MIL than engaging ORL

Banned

So true

@HPbasketball: Golden State: "So we give up our best offensive player. Take on Hedo. Take on Kaman. And that's your plan." Orlando: "Nods." GS: "GTFO."

Sports Logo

Although Diop is way too expensive, he would sure be nice in a playoff series vs the Magic. 7ft 280lbs, 6 fouls/game

But, he makes $14.2M over the next 2, which is obscene.

Mullens had a hot start, but his contract is way too good for Charlotte to move him ($5.7M over the next 3). Unless of course they gave up on him.

My assumption is it would have to be Maggette ($21.1M over the next 2 ), Diop ($14.2M over the next 2) or Tyrus ($33.8M over the next 4 ).

Diaw is on an expiring deal, doubt they would want to let him go with these other monstrosities on the roster.
    Pendegraph isn't 7 feet and isn't overweight at 280 lbs....but he can foul as good as Diop can and is WAY cheaper. If we need to give up 6 fouls...then I'd much rather pay a guy $1.5 mil to do as opposed to whatever the heck that Diop is owed.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Banned

http://www.ibabuzz.com/warriors/2012...s-has-no-legs/

Involving Monta Ellis Has No Legs

By Marcus Thompson
    Monday, March 12th, 2012 at 4:12 pm in Uncategorized.

Team sources, once again, refute reports that Golden State is considering trading guard Monta Ellis to Orlando for anything other than Dwight Howard. Warriors management has held with that stance even though the latest possibility includes a third team – New Orleans. Orlando, however, is doing all it can to get some help for Howard in a bid to keep him around, as ESPN Chris Broussard reported.

One of the sources said the Warriors would not give up Ellis for Hornets center Chris Kaman, reportedly New Orleans’ key piece in the three-team talks. Golden State sources have consistently said they want a star in return if they move Ellis. Kaman, who is two years removed from his best year and is a free agent at season’s end, doesn’t qualify in the Warriors’ minds. There is basically no combination of players, from Orlando and/or New Orleans, that will make the Warriors part with Ellis.

As a matter of fact, the Warriors are embracing the reality that a trade – especially a major splash – won’t happen by Thursday’s trade deadline. One Golden State source the team would be OK if they didn’t pull off the trade now. That way, the Warriors can deal in the offseason, this time without the lockout hindrances from last offseason.

With that said, there is a faction in Warriors management that feels something needs to be done, even if it’s a smaller-scale deal.

Banned

Marcus Thompson: Also, I'm told the reported offer of Monta Ellis and David Lee for Dwight Howard did not happen. Twitter

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Pendegraph isn't 7 feet and isn't overweight at 280 lbs....but he can foul as good as Diop can and is WAY cheaper. If we need to give up 6 fouls...then I'd much rather pay a guy $1.5 mil to do as opposed to whatever the heck that Diop is owed.
    Good point.

Only problem with that for me is that Pendy is 6'9", 240. Dwight is 6'11", 265. He'll just bull his way into the paint, whereas Diop could at least force him out.

But, I totally see what you're saying. Ultimately this trade doesn't put us over the top vs Miami/Chicago, so why do it? Unless you don't think you can beat Orlando/Atlanta/Philly, probably better off waiting until the summer.

Banned

Tim Kawakami ‏ @timkawakami
    This will come up again, but for future reference: GSWs won't consider trading Ellis for anything less than a true star--or potential

And I don't think GSWs are thinking of moving Curry at all. PGs are too valuable... Of course, the foot/ankle worries complicate it, too..

The reason GSWs can think about dealing Ellis is they've got Klay Thompson to slide in at the 2. But they want big value for Monta.

Tim Kawakami ‏ @timkawakami Close
    Curry's closest they've got to a PG. If not him, who? RT @TylerJDavis21 but he's also not really a PG. Isn't that part of the problem?

Banned

Jarrod N Rudolph ‏ @MisterRudolph
    Orlando's appeal is their willingness to absorb multiple bad contracts from GSW. Bucks (Bogut) are an obstacle to completing trade for Ellis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 2minutes twoa View Post
    I think that would make a lot of sense for Charlotte. At least give their fans something to be excited about!
    It would probably have to be Tyler for DJ+ Thomas or something like that and Tyrus contract is big.

Sports Logo

Good point.

Only problem with that for me is that Pendy is 6'9", 240. Dwight is 6'11", 265. He'll just bull his way into the paint, whereas Diop could at least force him out.

But, I totally see what you're saying. Ultimately this trade doesn't put us over the top vs Miami/Chicago, so why do it? Unless you don't think you can beat Orlando/Atlanta/Philly, probably better off waiting until the summer.
    I don't see any move that would net us Diop pushing us over the top. He'd be a very big and expensive "Big Body" that only serves to not get pushed around in the paint.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Banned

http://www.hoopsworld.com/warriors-p...efore-deadline

With the NBA’s trade deadline approaching, the Golden State Warriors have been making a strong push to acquire a center, according to multiple sources close to the situation. Golden State has talked with a number of teams and they’ll continue to weigh their options over the next three days.

The Warriors have expressed significant interest in Andrew Bogut. The Milwaukee Bucks are listening to offers for Bogut, but would like to include Stephen Jackson in any trade involving the 27-year-old center. In the past, Milwaukee has made it clear to teams that Bogut is untouchable, but that’s no longer the case. They’re willing to discuss any player on their roster and will be fielding plenty of calls over the next few days.

Golden State’s preference is to acquire Bogut, but they have several alternatives lined up as well.

The Warriors have discussed a three-team deal with the Orlando Magic and New Orleans Hornets, which would send Monta Ellis to Orlando and Chris Kaman to Golden State. Other players would be included and, rather than forcing the Warriors to take on players like Milwaukee, the Magic would be willing to take on some of Golden State’s bad contracts. At this point, it seems that the three-team deal is a back-up plan for the Warriors, one they would consider if their talks with Milwaukee break down.

The Magic have been trying to land Ellis for several weeks in an effort to appease Howard. Orlando believes that acquiring Ellis could persuade Howard to opt-in to the final year of his contract.

In recent weeks, Golden State has also been linked to Brook Lopez and JaVale McGee. While the Warriors haven’t had significant talks with the New Jersey Nets or Washington Wizards, they are interested in Lopez and McGee. They could shift their attention to one of these young centers if their other options fall through.

The Warriors are making a strong push to acquire a center and will certainly be active in the days leading up to the deadline.

Need more Pacer rumors.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Banned

Alex Kennedy ‏ @AlexKennedyNBA
    I know what you're thinking: "How about a 3-team deal with ORL, GSW and MIL?" I thought same thing, but sources say it hasnt been discussed.

Banned

Who says no to this trade?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6vq7cn9

Indiana gets Monta+Okafor, NO gets Lou+DJ, GS gets Foster+Roy+AJ.

Pacers starting unit: Monta, PG, Danny, West, Okafor.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 03-12-2012 at 09:31 PM.