Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 NBA rumors thread part II

Banned

Default Re: 2012 NBA rumors thread part II

Just a second round pick for him?

Moving Boris Diaw (30 percent chance, at best): Diaw has been benched and he's good as gone. It's a matter of whether by trade, a buyout or when his contract expires at the end of the season.

Diaw has trade value, since he's an expiring contract with a $9 million cap value. Playoff teams could "rent'' him for the rest of the season. The problem is few, if any, teams could/would absorb a $9 million salary without sending a comparable salary to the Bobcats. And that scuttles most trades.

The Bobcats won't take on salary responsibility beyond this season unless that player is both young and a keeper. Why would a team give up a young keeper for Diaw if the alternative is waiting until Diaw is waived, and then sign him for a minimum salary?

I'm guessing the only trade that works is Diaw for another expiring contract. If you could also squeeze a second-round pick out of that transaction, the Bobcats would be doing well.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...#storylink=cpy

The Blazers asking price for Jamal Crawford is now pretty evident. Yesterday, a report surfaced that the Pacers were not willing to trade A.J. Price and a first-rounder to the Blazers. CBSSports is claiming that Portland is asking for a similar deal from the Timberwolves and Clippers http://www.iamagm.com/news/2012/03/0....first.rounder
    LOL Blazers. If you can't get a first round pick and AJ from a team that really wanted Crawford, the likelihood of getting a first round pick and Bledsoe or Ridnour from teams that weren't really bidding for Crawford over the summer..good luck.

Seems like first team willing to give up a first round pick and cheap point guard will get Crawford.

Whatever happens, at least we won't have to wait much longer. Just 1 more week and it's over.

I think NO will cave and accept a 2nd rounder for Kaman.

It would be nice to pull off another trade to at least upgrade the SF spot. I just don't think we are going to get a new point, though that's what we truly need.

Though it would be terrific to get a guy like Josh Smith or Rondo, there'd have to be another team involved, cause I don't think the Pacers can do it alone, it'd cost too much on our end. I think the Timberwolves could be a great facilitator. They have Beasley and other pieces and you know how much they love draft picks.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Why aren't the Pacers looking at Agent 0? He'd probably be cheap and wouldn't cost. Grab him and Kaman, then try and get a backup SF.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why aren't the Pacers looking at Agent 0? He'd probably be cheap and wouldn't cost. Grab him and Kaman, then try and get a backup SF.
    No thanks to agent 0.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    LOL Blazers. If you can't get a first round pick and AJ from a team that really wanted Crawford, the likelihood of getting a first round pick and Bledsoe or Ridnour from teams that weren't really bidding for Crawford over the summer..good luck.

Seems like first team willing to give up a first round pick and cheap point guard will get Crawford.
    Yeah I would only give them a pick if they include Felton.

Banned

Felton and Wallace on the trade block?

http://mobile.blazersedge.com/2012/3...lace-difficult

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Bogut could be available for a steep price, according to Marc Stein

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...er-untouchable

For the first time since the Milwaukee Bucks made him the No. 1 overall pick in the 2005 NBA Draft, they’re not saying no when teams ask if center Andrew Bogut is available via trade.

NBA front-office sources say that the Bucks, who have always swatted away trade inquiries for Bogut in the past, are now listening to pitches for the 7-foot Australian, who is said to be intrigued by the prospect of a fresh start elsewhere after more than two years of injury misfortune and teamwide tension under coach Scott Skiles over the past two disappointing seasons.

This development, though, comes with a crucial caveat:

Sources say that the Bucks, at least for the moment, are insisting that any team that trades for Bogut take on the disgruntled Stephen Jackson as part of the trade.

And that’s what is bound to keep Bogut in Milwaukee past Thursday’s 3 p.m. trade deadline more than his latest health setback, after he suffered a fractured left ankle against Houston on Jan. 25 after landing on the Rockets’ Samuel Dalembert in the lane.

Jackson’s feelings about Skiles and his desire to leave Brewtown are known worldwide, but finding a team willing to take on the outspoken 33-year-old when he’s guaranteed just over $10 million next season is problematic to say the least.

“The price (for Bogut) is high,” one interested suitor told ESPN.com this week.

Sources say that the Washington Wizards are among the teams to express the strongest interest in Bogut, which might be another indication that the Wiz are prepared to part with the enigmatic JaVale McGee, if not before the deadline than during the offseason.

It remains to be seen whether Bogut can return this season after his injury was recently deemed to be healing well and thus not requiring surgery. Bogut was hoping for an injury-free season to reclaim his status as one of the league’s top five centers after he was clearly still hampered in 2011-12 by the severe arm injuries inflicted by his nasty fall from the rim late in the 2009-10 season. The 27-year-old still managed to earn 2010 All-NBA Third Team honors even after the fall thanks to his emergence that season as a top-shelf defensive anchor with a blossoming offensive game.
    Bogut and SJax for McGee and Rashard's contract? It's a lot of money for Wiz to take on.

A Kaman update...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ook/index.html

Sources close to the situation said the Hornets continue to talk to teams about a possible Kaman trade, with the Rockets, Warriors, Heat, Pacers and Celtics among those still interested. The Hornets, sources said, are looking for draft picks or young players to help build their foundation, and the odds appear slim that any of the teams will satisfy the league's demands. The Rockets and Warriors, specifically, continue to pursue Howard and would be hesitant to give up pieces in a Kaman deal first.

Rival executives continue to complain that dealing with the Hornets comes with the complication of negotiating with league officials. NBA commissioner/de facto Hornets owner David Stern had said that a deal with a new owner was expected to be finalized by March 1, but it has yet to happen and Stern must approve all trades until the buyer is in place.

Meanwhile, sources said the Hornets are considering offering the 29-year-old Kaman an extension if no trade occurs, as they are intrigued about the possibility of pairing him with shooting guard Eric Gordon, a former Clippers teammate. Gordon, who played just two games for New Orleans before a knee injury cost him this season, will be a restricted free agent this summer.

As next Thursday's deadline nears, the Hornets are expected to be active beyond Kaman's situation. With veterans like Landry and Ariza more than capable of helping a team during its playoff push, sources said virtually anyone on the roster is available as long as they can net draft picks or young players in return.
    Pacers still in the running, as expected.

NOH to extend Kaman? Surely that's a bluff. What will they do with Mek?

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Felton and Wallace on the trade block?

http://mobile.blazersedge.com/2012/3...lace-difficult
    Not really surprising, since Felton is an upcoming free agent and Wallace can opt out. Same goes for Crawford.

With Portland in danger of missing the playoffs again, and with the total writeoffs on Oden and Brandon Roy, it seems like a good time for Portland to go on a full rebuild. There's also talk that they might trade Batum rather than paying him next summer.

Banned

I got this from the other thread, that's too much for Ray Allen but is better than giving up a first round pick for Crawford.

I WANT RAY ALLEN!! but not for that price

Quote:
    NBA Trade Rumors: Celtics Tried To Move Ray Allen To Pacers?

Mar 09 1:48p by Gethin Coolbaugh

Read More: Ray Allen (G - BOS), Tyler Hansbrough (F - IND), Indiana Pacers, Boston Celtics

Jackie MacMullan's story on the two Big Three's in Boston Celtics lore was quite something (certainly worth a read), but at the very end popped up an interesting nugget about a potential trade that Celtics general manager Danny Ainge attempted to make involving Ray Allen (thanks to CelticsLife.com for bringing this to attention).

In talking with Celtics legend and current Indiana Pacers president, Larry Bird, MacMullan provides us with a quote from Larry Legend indicating that he and Ainge had been in talks about sending Allen to Indiana in exchange for Tyler Hansbrough and a first-round pick.

"Here's the thing," Bird said. "When Danny and I talked about trading for Ray, he wanted Tyler Hansbrough and a first-round pick. If that's the value he's putting on Ray Allen, he ain't getting it. That tells me he's in no hurry to trade him." (via ESPN Boston)

Allen is averaging 14.5 points and shooting 47.2 percent from thee-point range this year.

For more Celtics Trade Rumors, visit our trade stream and blog, CelticsBlog.
    http://boston.sbnation.com/boston-ce...celtics-pacers

Would love to add Ray Allen... but I don't want to give up both Hans and a first. If Ainge would ask only for the first then it's a no-brainer to me. I've been predicting this move since the start of the season.

Alternatively, we could give up Hans, but we'll need a healthy big back. I don't think JO suffices unless he can play.

Banned

Yeah the huge thing that people miss with Ray Allen is that he needs a point guard that is going to give him the ball at the right time, who is going to feed him when he is turning the corner ready to shoot? DC? AJ? I don't think so.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I posted this trade idea a while back, also posted it in the other thread but no one commented...
    Indiana trades Hans, 1st, Granger, DC
    Boston trades Allen, Rondo
    If the asking price is true for Ray, then we add Granger and DC for Rondo... Seems pretty fair to me, right?
    Paul George would have to move to SF (if this deal happens, I could live with it) and Pierce would move back to SG

The DC, Granger and Hans detractors will be happy, and the Rondo, Allen lovers will also...
    Last edited by TheDavisBrothers; 03-09-2012 at 03:44 PM.

Banned

Yeah I don't think Boston would do it because they already have Pierce and neither Danny or Pierce can play the 2.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDavisBrothers View Post
    I posted this trade idea a while back, also posted it in the other thread but no one commented...
    If the asking price is true for Ray, then we add Granger and DC for Rondo... Seems pretty fair to me, right?
    Paul George would have to move to SF (if this deal happens, I could live with it) and Pierce would move back to SG

The DC, Granger and Hans detractors will be happy, and the Rondo, Allen lovers will also...
    It might take another first. And I might be willing to give it.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

I don't think Boston does it... seems pretty clear they want more for Rondo, a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Why aren't the Pacers looking at Agent 0?
    0 interest.
    Last edited by McKeyFan; 03-09-2012 at 03:57 PM.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

If Ainge would take either PG or Hibbs for Rondo (and DC + pick/filler) then I think we have to look at it.

Rondo is a game changer, a true point guard, and a multi-year decent contract. PG and Roy are great guys and good players, but they can be replaced to a decent level. We know how difficult it is to find a landmark point guard.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Mood

Yeah I don't think Boston would do it because they already have Pierce and neither Danny or Pierce can play the 2.
    I think Pierce is still capable of playing SG, he's played it for more of his career then SF. I know that was when he was younger, but still, it's not like their is a great deal of talent at the SG currently...

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    I don't think Boston does it... seems pretty clear they want more for Rondo, a lot more.
    my trade is like 2 trades
    1. Hans and a 1st for Allen, we already know from the article this will work
    2. Granger and DC for Rondo, so you don't think those 2 are enough for Rondo? What if we throw in another 1st like McKeyFan suggests?

Banned

my trade is like 2 trades
    1. Hans and a 1st for Allen, we already know from the article this will work
    2. Granger and DC for Rondo, so you don't think those 2 are enough for Rondo? What if we throw in another 1st like McKeyFan suggests?
    I don't think Boston want's Danny, probably a package of Roy+DC should get it done, then we can turn around and get Kaman.

Rondo, pg, Danny, West, Kaman.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar

I don't think Boston want's Danny, probably a package of Roy+DC should get it done, then we can turn around and get Kaman.

Rondo, pg, Danny, West, Kaman.
    No, you can't turn around and get Kaman, at least not so easily. Kaman and Rondo is 24mil. Roy and DC is 4mil. Loose 6mil off the roster, then you can get Kaman.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    Would love to add Ray Allen... but I don't want to give up both Hans and a first. If Ainge would ask only for the first then it's a no-brainer to me. I've been predicting this move since the start of the season.

Alternatively, we could give up Hans, but we'll need a healthy big back. I don't think JO suffices unless he can play.

JuJuan Johnson would be fine as the BIG back. He was the 27th pick last year. I'd throw in the 015 2nd from GS to sweeten the deal for Boston too.

i woulda done that ray deal in a heartbeat