Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 NBA rumors thread part II

Banned

Default Re: 2012 NBA rumors thread part II

Sekou Smith‏@SekouSmithNBAReply

My man @ajchawks is right on the longstanding Josh Smith trade request. Reasons for it ... not so much. Nothing to do with All-Star snub.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    there was also this about crawford ;

Pacers balking at including pick. "The first team to give Portland a first round pick for Crawford will have him," source said.

If we give a 1st rd pick for a guy we could of had in free agency I will officially go off. I dont like his game anyway would rather pass even if he is basically free he would be a rental and likely not mesh well.

but I trust the FO wouldn't do something that stupid.

Banned

By the way, if I'm going to give a 1st for somebody I rather do it for Barbosa+ Calderon or Crawford+ Felton but just Crawford by himself? meh.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    By the way, if I'm going to give a 1st for somebody I rather do it for Barbosa+ Calderon or Crawford+ Felton but just Crawford by himself? meh.
    That's a good point. We could do better than Crawford for a first round pick.

Banned

Great article explaining why Josh Smith wants out, I wonder if they take Danny straight up?

Josh Smith wants out of Hawks — and it’s hard to blame him

By the end of last season, the criticism had started to become too much for Josh Smith.

When something went wrong, he got blamed. When the Hawks lost, he got blamed. Certainly, any time he did something silly and made one of those pouty, lower-lip-touches-the-tip-of-the-nose boo-boo faces, the city’s basketball fans held their nose in disgust and screamed, “Feh!”

At some point, it all figured to be too much for the hometown kid – and now it is.

Smith wants out of the Hawks. Out of Atlanta. I don’t blame him. I wrote a column following last season’s playoff exit that it might be best if the two parties went in opposite directions, and that was meant less as criticism of Smith than it was a read of the unhealthy situation. It was clear how he and those in his camp felt about the situation.

Our Michael Cunningham reports that, while external criticism of Smith has significantly diminished this season, the forward wants a fresh start with a new team and he has let the Hawks know of his desire to be dealt before the NBA’s March 15 trade deadline.

The irony here is that Smith has had the best season of his career. He is averaging 17 points, 10 rebounds, 3.5 assists and two blocks. When center Al Horford went down early this season, Smith stepped up and took on a bigger role. When guard Joe Johnson went down, Smith went on to carry this team.

Is Smith great every night? No. But what we’ve witnessed this season is a smarter, far more mature and polished player than at any time in his eight-year career. When training camp opened following the league’s lockout, Smith showed up 25 pounds lighter, wearing a smile and having a seemingly new perspective on things.

He denied that criticism ever prompted him to ask for a trade in the offseason, but cracked that at times he was tempted to “get lost. Punch the GPS a few times.

“I’ve been here a long time,” Smith continued. “I’ve never lashed out at the organization. All I ask for sometimes is, when I raise my hand, maybe somebody can help me up, so I’m not always the person who’s trying to [defend me from criticism]. It would be nice if somebody else said, ‘This guy’s a pretty good player.’”

He certainly has shown that this season. Now he wants out. Figures.

How does this look if you’re the Hawks?

The kid from College Park doesn’t want to play for the hometown team. Dwight Howard, an Atlanta native, doesn’t want to play here, either.

It’s one thing when hockey players from Russia (Ilya Kovalchuk) and Slovakia (Marian Hossa) want out. But two guys who grew up playing pickup games on the city’s black tops?

Neither Smith nor Howard have a problem with Atlanta itself. It’s more about perceptions of the franchise and the ownership. As players move on in their career, winning titles becomes more important. Smith wants to play for a franchise more committed to winning a championship — or at least one that leaves the impression it knows what it takes to get there.

The Hawks have been an undersized team with Horford as their center, but their inability to make significant roster fixes can be traced directly to ownership’s decision to give Johnson a $123.7 million contract.

Smith has been the Hawks’ best player this season. He got jobbed in All-Star game selection twice — first when Eastern Conference coaches picked reserves, then when commissioner David Stern inexplicably chose the suspended Rajon Rondo over Smith to replace the injured Johnson. Smith apparently holds the Hawks at least partially responsible, believing the organization didn’t do enough to promote his candidacy.

My guess is that perceptions of the younger, immature underachieving Smith still linger with some and had more to do with his exclusion. But Smith has been a treasure to watch for most of this season. Now he wants out. It was easy to see coming.

http://blogs.ajc.com/jeff-schultz-bl...-to-blame-him/

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

For me, I'd give up the first for rentals of either Andre Miller or Ray Allen. I really think they'll give us a big boost, plus we'll still have a chance to re-sign them. Wouldn't give up a pick for Kaman though and certainly not for Crawford.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    For me, I'd give up the first for rentals of either Andre Miller or Ray Allen. I really think they'll give us a big boost, plus we'll still have a chance to re-sign them. Wouldn't give up a pick for Kaman though and certainly not for Crawford.
    I see what you're saying, but hell no on Andre. He's awful, slow defensively and no shot. Not exactly creating well either...definition of over the hill.

Banned

Ilyasova anybody?

eric (wisconsin)

will the bucks do anything towards the deadline

John Hollinger (2:04 PM)

I believe they will be active in trying to deal Ersan Ilyasova (who has raised his value with some great performances lately) and Stephen Jackson. Not sure they'll find takers, but it won't be for lack of trying.

Banned

You see I rather use the pick to get this two guys instead.

Matt (Winnipeg)

Do you see the Raptors making any moves towards the deadline? What is the market like for players such as Barbosa and Calderon?

John Hollinger (2:06 PM)

There isn't much of one, which is what makes moving them problematic. Raptors don't want to just dump Calderon, but those are the type of offers out there. I think they'll have some conversations but end up standing pat.

Mood

Ilyasova anybody?
    Absofrigginlutely. Guy is a beast on the boards, decent defender. I'm sure there'll be complaints/comparisons to Troy Murphy, but I'm a fan of Ersan.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Derek2k3 For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

This trade includes current rumors and wants, numbers seem to work. Trade machine locks up on me trying to do all at the same time.

Pacers get: Rondo, Smith, Williams, Okafor, Gordon
    Celtics get: West, Collison, D. Jones
    Hornets get: Granger and Hibbert
    Hawks get: Kaman, Hans, Hill, Wilcox

Pick up Solomon Jones via FA

Okafor, S. Jones, Foster
    Smith, Amundson, Foster
    Williams, George
    Gordon, George
    Rondo, Price

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Banned

Batum for Nash?

Steve (Portland)

Are the Blazers going to move Wallace?

John Hollinger (2:16 PM)

The Blazers will move pretty much anybody except Aldridge and Batum, and they might even move Batum if the right Canadian point guard came along. So yes, expect conversations involving Wallace, Felton, Crawford, Camby and Matthews.

Ilyasova anybody?
    Unfortunately, Bucks are probably trying to package Ersan with SJax, which makes it a no for us.

Not sure what kind of offer we can make for just Ersan - our pick + ?

Banned

They have to be really stupid to give either Turner, Iguadola or Williams for Kaman, that makes non sense.

Mike (Los Angeles)

Is Nocioni the most-likely expiring contract outside of Kaman to be moved? Who have you heard is interested?

John Hollinger (2:26 PM)

The Sixers will likely dangle Nocioni as bait, but I'm not sure that alone will get them very far. Where rubber meets road is their willingness to deal Turner, Iguodala or Williams; those are the players that will fetch something.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    I see what you're saying, but hell no on Andre. He's awful, slow defensively and no shot. Not exactly creating well either...definition of over the hill.
    Ah well, maybe you're right. His numbers look ok to me, but then I haven't been paying particular attention to his play this season.

Banned

I'm getting a lot of info from Hollingers Chat.

John (SLC)

Will the Jazz realistically make a trade? Harris has to have some trade value.

John Hollinger (2:28 PM)

I would say Harris has limited trade value because he makes 9 mil next year and he isn't worth that much. But I have a feeling Utah will explore all available options with him, as our Marc Stein reported earlier this year.

Banned

So true.

Fake name (Indianapolis)

I've heard almost everybody say, "Indiana needs a super-star to play with Granger." But with the amazing potential Paul George has, should they trade Danny to get a super-star?

John Hollinger (2:40 PM)

My take on Indiana has been consistent all year -- they need a creator who can pass. George isn't that guy, at least yet, and Granger clearly isn't that guy. A good pick-and-roll point guard would get West, Hibbert, Granger, Hill et al a ton of easy jumpers that they'd knock down. Instead they have Granger going 1-on-1 to try doing the same thing.

They have to be really stupid to give either Turner, Iguadola or Williams for Kaman, that makes non sense.
    I don't think that's what Hollinger is implying. All he's saying is that Noc doesn't have value, that they'll need to offer up Iggy, Turner, or Lou to get something interesting.

FWIW, I'd trade Granger for Turner without blinking.

Banned

Robbie (Jacksonville)

Rondo, George, Granger, West, & HibbertDoes that starting linup make D-Rose and 'Bron shiver at the thought of playing them in the Playoffs?

John Hollinger (2:58 PM)

You mean if they can get Rondo for FREE? Yes, I think that would improve their chances. Unfortunately the Celtics would very much like to get something in return.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Mike Wells ‏ @MikeWellsNBA Reply Retweet Favorite Open
    Pacers are about $14.5 mill under cap. They have little interest n giving up a 1st rd draft pick during a deal, esp for expiring contracts
    thank god our FO isn't that stupid to trade a 1st for a rental like some on here are willing to do.

even if Crawford wasn't a rental he isnt worth a 1st rd pick.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    I don't think that's what Hollinger is implying. All he's saying is that Noc doesn't have value, that they'll need to offer up Iggy, Turner, or Lou to get something interesting.

FWIW, I'd trade Granger for Turner without blinking.
    I wouldn't do it straight up, but I'd love to have Turner. He's at his best when he handles the ball, can create well, somehow gets into the paint all the time. I've loved his game from day 1.

Banned

Great, just the free agent signing Bird promised........

Mike Wells‏@MikeWellsNBAReply

Keep an eye on Solomon Jones, who New Orleans didn't sign 4 rest of season, as a possible big man Pacers may look at to help at center

Banned

Mike Wells‏@MikeWellsNBAReply

Center Chris Kaman still sits at top of the list for Pacers, but they will not give up a 1st rd pick for his expiring contract

Banned

Alex Kennedy‏@AlexKennedyNBAReply

If the Magic decide to trade Dwight Howard, sources close to the center believe it'll be to a team that'll rent him, not a team on his list.

Alex Kennedy‏@AlexKennedyNBAReply

From what I hear, the Houston Rockets and Golden State Warriors are among the teams willing to trade for Dwight Howard as a rental.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

surely larry isnt that stupid to bring back solo

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Hypnotiq For This Useful Post: