Default LAL

LA gets:

Danny Granger
    Tyler Hansborough
    Darren Collison

IND gets:

Pau Gasol
    Darius Morris

LA clears some salary in this deal. They fill three positions of need with starters or borderline starters, which is much better than what they currently trot out on the court. They get rid of Gasol before he starts to decline and get good value out of him. Collison is back in LA, while Hansborough will probably be a big jersey sales guy.

We bring in someone to start at PF over West, but the three bigs we have would all get their fair share of minutes. Gasol is much longer than Hansborough and much more skilled, which would help reduce volatility in the capabilities of our lineups. This would force us to go get a combo forward as a backup. We would need to get at least two players back from LA to fill the roster. I used Darius Morris because he doesn't fit what the Lakers have traditionally wanted out of a PG. I'm sure Barnes would be included and maybe Fisher since he is owed more than the other minimum deals.

Thoughts?
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

Sports Logo

Default Re: LAL

Gasol is a great player and I love him, but I don't think it makes much sense to get his huge contract without moving West or Hibbert. I'd rather not move West because he just signed, Hibbert for Gasol is good if you consider talent but Gasol's contract may be just too much for us

If you add a 3rd team like Boston & Give them Gasol for Rondo, then it's a move we should consider (though honestly I'd rather do Collison+Hibbert for Rondo than Collison+Granger)

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Default Re: LAL

LA would do this, we wouldn't.