Thread: Colts sunshine thought of the day!!!!

Default Colts sunshine thought of the day!!!!

Have a happy face everyone.... just think when the draft comes around everything will be focused on the Colts. Plus... we don't have to wait hours for our pick to be known.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Default Re: Colts sunshine thought of the day!!!!

yea Andrew Luck better be up for the task which i believe he will be....dude is a winner

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    just think when the draft comes around everything will be focused on the Colts.
    You mean everything isn't ALREADY focused on the Colts? I've been trying to avoid Sports Talk Radio (and doing an awful job of it) to get away from the unending barrage!
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ya we are fine.. There are going to be some growing pains as we transition our team to a 3-4 and to a new QB era.. But we are going to be just fine, Luck is not going to be a bust, his work ethic, will to win and talent all point to him being big time. Some people have posted they fear he may only be a Matt Ryan, which really isn't bad, but at the same time, I really think thats his FLOOR. The very lowest he will be is a Matt Ryan type QB. The guy is crazy good, very athletic and has the mental abilities you want from a QB and team leader. I'm excited to turn the page on this book.

Don't confuse that with wanting manning gone, still very sad to see him go. But no doubt in my mind its the right choice for the future. We got ourselves a winner in Andrew Luck coming in.

The Colts can sign Luck to a contract as early as tomorrow, if I'm not mistaken.

It's beyond painful to lose Manning, but I do think Luck is a player who will make us very happy as fans.

It's like 1998 all over again. New coach, new GM, new hyped QB that we are going to draft with the first pick.

The Indy version of the Colts has had the opportunity to draft 3 franchise QB's with the first pick since 1990: George, Manning, and now Luck.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    The Indy version of the Colts has had the opportunity to draft 3 franchise QB's with the first pick since 1990: George, Manning, and now Luck.
    One of these QBs is bound to be very different than the other two. But which one?
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

I might be wrong, but I think we'll end up winning more Super Bowls with Luck than we did with Peyton, and it won't be because Luck will be better than Peyton. It will be because I think, (and hope) we learned a valuable lesson during the Manning era. That lesson being, that one player does not a team make.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheDon For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    I might be wrong, but I think we'll end up winning more Super Bowls with Luck than we did with Peyton, and it won't be because Luck will be better than Peyton. It will be because I think, (and hope) we learned a valuable lesson during the Manning era. That lesson being, that one player does not a team make.
    exactly.. I also feel we are about to start to value a good/tough defense as well. Should be fun!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    The Colts can sign Luck to a contract as early as tomorrow, if I'm not mistaken.
    They could sign him, after the Combine, once the draft order was determined.
    Why so SERIOUS

I've always had a ton of respect for the older Colts fans who immediately adopted the team in 1984 because they wanted to root for the Indianapolis name. Maybe we had an a-hole for an owner in Robert Irsay and yeah, people around the country viewed the Colts as illegitimate transplants who were stolen from Baltimore, but the Indianapolis name was more important than anything else to the fans who immediately adopted the team. Many of these people were fans of successful teams prior to the Colts arrival, but they started to root for the Colts because they wanted to root for the home team. They endured some very rough years before being rewarded with the Manning era.

I hope most of the Indy fanbase sticks this through and continues to root for the home team. Losing a guy like Peyton is rough. It's much much much worse than Reggie, IMO, because Peyton played just 13 years here while Reggie played 18. And of course, Manning was much more important to his sport than Reggie ever was to his. Regardless, this is what being a fan is all about. It's sticking it through when times are rough and then being rewarded with the high of seeing your team finally succeed. All of the posters here on PD who stuck with the Pacers for the miserable 2006-2010 stretch are the fans who are getting the most gratification from seeing the team finally succeed again.

It was a great ride. That Super Bowl win 5 years ago was the greatest feeling I've ever felt as a sports fan. Nothing else even comes close.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 03-08-2012 at 11:44 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Mood

I remember being a kid up here in Anderson when we first got the Colts and how great it was to go over to AU (back then Anderson College) and watch the players. It was great to be able to say hello to most of the guys back then and it was a new and great feeling to say we had a team. I remember going grocery shopping with my mom and seeing a mountain of a man big John Hand come over to my mom and tell her how pretty she was and patted her on the back with his giant bear claw that looked like it covered her whole back, she is 4' 10". You see we were 1.45$ over and were scratching for change. He paid the difference for us and helped us to our p.o.s. car. I was just so amazed that an NFL player would go out of his way to help us. They may have not made it to the playoffs much back then but they were very special to us.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeffg-body For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    I've always had a ton of respect for the older Colts fans who immediately adopted the team in 1984 because they wanted to root for the Indianapolis name.
    Well thank you.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

I didn't think sunshine existed in Coltsland anymore....
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    I didn't think sunshine existed in Coltsland anymore....
    Helmet, just bop over to youtube and watch some of that Andrew Luck footage.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    Helmet, just bop over to youtube and watch some of that Andrew Luck footage.
    I was just thinking about doing that again. I was saying to myself, "It's time to get hyped about Luck!"

I watched some footage during last season to keep myself from jumping, but haven't really since then.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Sunshine thought for today..... Andrew Luck will probably struggle just like Peyton his first year. However just like Peyton, Andrew will have a father who played the game to use as a sounding board when things get tough. I believe that will make a big difference in his adjustments to the pro game.

Mood

I just can't wait to see all of the new faces of our Colts next year. We will go from an old team to a tounger team quickly.