Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let's talk pick #34

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Let's talk pick #34

I've noticed these names have been said already, but Alshon Jefferies and Stefon Gilmore would be good choices. Alshon is a beast. If a ball is thrown up high, he is always to guy who comes down with it. He's a downfield threat and runs great routes. Not to mention his hands of glue. He will demand double teams because of his size and speed. He excelled in college, and never had a QB worth a crap. Yet, still owns his college's TD records in three seasons. Pair him with luck and good things are bound to happen.

Gilmore is a physical CB, could transition to FS or SS. He has superior hands for a CB, and is a excellent athlete. He forces fumbles and really hammers guys. I mean this kid hurts people. Gilmore was a HS QB who won the the Mr. Football award. He came to college as a QB, excelled as a reciever(conceded the role to Alshon Jefferies and took another role were he could shine) and went all-pro as a CB. He could be an occasional wildcat option. Heck, with those hands, he could be a 3rd or 4th option WR at times. His knowledge and desire to excel will propel him to success regardless of which postion he plays. He is one those rare type of guys that makes it hard to pass on him.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Streeter is different. He is a early 4th round pick IMO so there is less risk there.

Hill can be Vincent Jackson type and Streeter is more like a very poor mans Randy moss for a lack of an example.
    Yeah, some people have been talking about Streeter in the 3rd round, I agree with you he is more of a mid to late 4th round talent in my eyes, some potential but until he works on his catching I can not seem him really bringing much to the table.

For a young QB I would like to surround him with guys that can catch the ball, rb's that can pick up blocks and play makers, to me Streeter does not fit into any of those categories at this moment.
    Why so SERIOUS

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by EmCeE View Post
    I've noticed these names have been said already, but Alshon Jefferies and Stefon Gilmore would be good choices. Alshon is a beast. If a ball is thrown up high, he is always to guy who comes down with it. He's a downfield threat and runs great routes. Not to mention his hands of glue. He will demand double teams because of his size and speed. He excelled in college, and never had a QB worth a crap. Yet, still owns his college's TD records in three seasons. Pair him with luck and good things are bound to happen.

Gilmore is a physical CB, could transition to FS or SS. He has superior hands for a CB, and is a excellent athlete. He forces fumbles and really hammers guys. I mean this kid hurts people. Gilmore was a HS QB who won the the Mr. Football award. He came to college as a QB, excelled as a reciever(conceded the role to Alshon Jefferies and took another role were he could shine) and went all-pro as a CB. He could be an occasional wildcat option. Heck, with those hands, he could be a 3rd or 4th option WR at times. His knowledge and desire to excel will propel him to success regardless of which postion he plays. He is one those rare type of guys that makes it hard to pass on him.
    I see you are a SC fan, lol... I think Gilmore really bumped up his stock with his performance at the combine, he may still slide to the Colts but you never know, interesting hearing about his history though. Alshon is a different story, everything seems to be there besides the speed, and that is the biggest concern about him in the NFL, I read somewhere that the last time he ran a 40 it was 4.88, hopefully he puts up better numbers at his pro day. I would like to see him atleast run something between the 4.6-4.7 range, that is still pretty slow for a NFL WR, but it is better than a 4.88...
    Why so SERIOUS

Ok guys as I've stated before I'm not a college football guy at all so I have no clue who's the best fit and where. However I do know the Colts need to get that O-Line some help so my question is "is their lineman that will be available at that 34 pick the Colts should look at"?

Given time I like the two young ones picked up last year. If Saturday retires that is a major hurt, but Diem lost it a few years ago so anything could be an improvement on the right side.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    Ok guys as I've stated before I'm not a college football guy at all so I have no clue who's the best fit and where. However I do know the Colts need to get that O-Line some help so my question is "is their lineman that will be available at that 34 pick the Colts should look at"?

Given time I like the two young ones picked up last year. If Saturday retires that is a major hurt, but Diem lost it a few years ago so anything could be an improvement on the right side.
    There are young prospects that will be available at that pick like Zebrie Sanders from FSU, I will say I think our biggest concern on the line is the 3 inside positions, center, unless Knoz drops I do not think we will go at one that high, there are some decent guards, but I really would not mind getting some of those guys through free agency, especially since we are trying to run more we will need to be stronger up front, I wonder if the Colts will give a look at Carl Nicks from the Saints, who is very good and has a ton of experience.
    Why so SERIOUS

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post

Also with Saturday, I think he is getting older, and he is not the best center for a team that plans on running the ball a lot more, his pre play adjustments are going to be really missed, but overall I think him leaving won't be as bad as it may seem.
    Why so SERIOUS

Mood

Also I think the Colts have the #33 pick, I think the majority of the mocks have it wrong.
    Why so SERIOUS

Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    Also I think the Colts have the #33 pick, I think the majority of the mocks have it wrong.
    Nah, we get 34. Rams get 33 because they had the same record as us, so we alternate rounds. We get 1st pick of 3rd round, 2nd pick of 4th, etc.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to CooperManning For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Alshon-Jeffery-74486

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    I see you are a SC fan, lol... I think Gilmore really bumped up his stock with his performance at the combine, he may still slide to the Colts but you never know, interesting hearing about his history though. Alshon is a different story, everything seems to be there besides the speed, and that is the biggest concern about him in the NFL, I read somewhere that the last time he ran a 40 it was 4.88, hopefully he puts up better numbers at his pro day. I would like to see him atleast run something between the 4.6-4.7 range, that is still pretty slow for a NFL WR, but it is better than a 4.88...
    Wow, I'm shocked by that. Makes you wonder. On Rivals before he was recruited to the college level he ran much better than that. That guy is still a beast. At his size, he could make a heck of a TE. And nope, Notre Dame fan. Just live in SC. Good assumption though.

edit: can't find that time anywhere. Everything I see is that he DNP.... Where are you getting that from?
    Last edited by Noodle; 03-09-2012 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    Are you joking or just impling we should draft one of his TE's?

Chris Owusu should be there in late rounds and he ran a 4.38 forty. He didn't play a full season do to concussions.
    i was joking, but now you mention it, he did have that one beast TE that was like 6 foot 9...is he going pro?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by CooperManning View Post
    Nah, we get 34. Rams get 33 because they had the same record as us, so we alternate rounds. We get 1st pick of 3rd round, 2nd pick of 4th, etc.
    That is what I thought to, but then I saw it somewhere on espn that said we had the 33rd pick.. oh well, either is good for me, 33 is better, because you probably get a lot better trade offers but I doubt that we will miss out on a bunch of talent due to one pick.
    Why so SERIOUS