Thread: Ipad

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Ipad

So the Ipad 3 is about to come out.. With some new shiny features. Those of you that have Ipads or know about them, what do you think I should do?

I recently decided I would buy an Ipad. When I started looking around I noticed the Ipad 3 was coming out soon so I decided I would wait for that, because when that comes out, it throws out a new shiny option as well as lowers the price on the one that is currently out.

Which should I get?

A new Ipad 2?

Or new Ipad 3?

Default Re: Ipad

I'd get the new one. The extra $100 is easily with the better camera, the retina display (twice the resolution of the older two models), and the improved hardware.

I'm looking forward to updating; I bought the first gen iPad two years ago, sat out last time, and I'm ready for the upgrade.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I too am asking the same question.

Throw in that I have my iPhone4(silver) set as a personal WiFi hotspot and will primarily use this to make listing presentations to prospects. Therefore, I will create presentations on my desktop and email or whatever them to the iPad for use. I'll check mail and Pacer Digest while I'm out but that's about it. Will the 16 be ok or should I go up one level?

oh yeah, I assume I can sync the iPhone to the iPad, right?
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Mood

Refurb iPad 2's are going in the Apple Store for $349. I'm going to just get that one. Time to retire my iPad 1.

The retina display and quad-core processing is nice, but I don't need that.

#savinsomecash

Geezer, with iCloud anything you download or do with your iPhone 4 and iPad all can be shown on each device.
    Last edited by duke dynamite; 03-07-2012 at 05:29 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to duke dynamite For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Refurb iPad 2's are going in the Apple Store for $349. I'm going to just get that one. Time to retire my iPad 1.

The retina display and quad-core processing is nice, but I don't need that.

#savinsomecash

Geezer, with iCloud anything you download or do with your iPhone 4 and iPad all can be shown on each device.
    So they don't have to be synced? Or I don't have to "email" my presentations to the iPad?

Mercy, it's good to be King.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

I don't own an iPad or an iPhone but everyone I know that has one has bought the new models and I haven't ever heard any major complaints, which is amazing to me.

So please continue to buy those fine Apple products!

Disclaimer: Apple is the only stock in my portfolio that has not tanked in recent years! Please....dig deep to help Apple to help me to have a comfortable retirement someday!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    I don't own an iPad or an iPhone but everyone I know that has one has bought the new models and I haven't ever heard any major complaints, which is amazing to me.

So please continue to buy those fine Apple products!

Disclaimer: Apple is the only stock in my portfolio that has not tanked in recent years! Please....dig deep to help Apple to help me to have a comfortable retirement someday!
    Stock tip of the day ....take a look at Stryker symbol SYK............

disclaimer (my wife's grandfather and uncle went to med school with Homer Stryker so the family has a shared respect for the company)

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    So they don't have to be synced? Or I don't have to "email" my presentations to the iPad?

Mercy, it's good to be King.
    Well, it depends. If its a PowerPoint presentation I've never have opened one on my iPhone or iPad.

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    Stock tip of the day ....take a look at Stryker symbol SYK............

disclaimer (my wife's grandfather and uncle went to med school with Homer Stryker so the family has a shared respect for the company)
    This board can use a good stock tip thread!!

My new iPad came in the mail today. I haven't had a lot of time to play with it, but so far it seems pretty damn sweet to me. In fact one of my favorite features that I hadn't really thought much about before I got it is the voice dictation feature, which is what I'm using right now. It actually does a pretty good job if you just slow your speech down a tiny bit and articulate a little bit more than you otherwise might. And I have to say this new screen really is gorgeous. Superfine detail.

Also, going from the first generation iPad to the third, I really notice the difference in hardware underneath. This thing is very quick, and it noticeably increases the speed of my Internet browsing by having 1 GB of RAM instead of 256 MB.

On the downside, I've noticed that the iPad 2/3 speaker is noticeably tinny-er sounding than the first iPad. Other than that, everything else seems to be an improvement.

We are interested in getting an Ipad as well, thinking Ipad 2 just for the savings because for a tablet device we don't really need a great camera. I'm not sure if a Galaxy Tab wouldn't be a better experience.

But i am disappointed in the IOS. No widgets.... It would seem to be that Apple is not very innovative in terms of using the Ipad.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

I'm still using my ipad 1. This thing is crazy useful. It's probably paid for a good chunk of itself in all the paper and ink I haven't had to buy for editing and revisions. It gives you the sense of sitting down to look over something on paper w/o all that material. Amazing. And great for reading. I don't know if I'll stick with the apple brand whenever I upgrade (probably I won't), but a tablet has become an integral part of my work process. Awesome.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Soup, given that you use yours for reading/writing, I HIGHLY recommend considering a new one. This new display is FANTASTIC for fine detail/print. You may be surprised. It's noticeably better/easier on the eyes.