Page 7 of 76 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

Banned

Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Diaw is a guy who fits into whatever role he needs to...such a good glue guy...I actually kinda like that he put on a little weight, he will battle down low a little better now...
    Yeah I agree that getting heavy is helping him to play down low a bit better, I still think that he needs to lose some pounds.

Either way I think he could be a prefect fit for our second unit, more so than Kaman and I've been advocating for Kaman since he was in LA, Diaw to me is more of a glue guy, he could be like a heavier version of West in the second unit, organizing the offense, feeding the post when needed, getting rebounds, etc.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I hope this was intended to be green

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Yeah I agree that getting heavy is helping him to play down low a bit better, I still think that he needs to lose some pounds.

Either way I think he could be a prefect fit for our second unit, more so than Kaman and I've been advocating for Kaman since he was in LA, Diaw to me is more of a glue guy, he could be like a heavier version of West in the second unit, organizing the offense, feeding the post when needed, getting rebounds, etc.
    Me too and if we trade Tyler are there two players whose styles compliment each other better than Lou and diaw?

Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    Good...I am a big fan of psycho Ts but man, he is nowhere near that talented...

Honest question: have you seen Diaw play this year after the first week of the season? I'm not talking about numbers here, just to be clear.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

http://www.foxsportsohio.com/03/01/1...86&feedID=3725

Trade talk: Sessions remains hot topic

One source tells FOX Sports Ohio that “it’ll be a miracle” if Ramon Sessions is still with Cleveland after the trading deadline.

“I don’t know that they’re actively shopping him, but they’re certainly listening,” the source said. “It’s nothing personal. (Sessions and the Cavs) have a strong relationship. The Cavs really respect and admire him. They wouldn’t be against keeping him. But it‘s a tough situation. Kyrie (Irving) is the point guard of the future there, and Ramon could go somewhere else and start.”

Sessions has been linked to the Los Angeles Lakers, who were expected to step up their pursuit of him during All-Star weekend.

“But I don’t know if that really ever happened,” one source said.

I would be very interested in bringing Ramon in -- I think he might be even better than DC2, and at the very least he would push him in practice and serve as a competent backup. Our second unit is desperate for scoring and playmaking. Cavs' two biggest assets that they're reportedly willing to trade are Sessions and Jamison. I'd be down with picking up either guy if there aren't any other obvious deals on the table, and we'd need to send out only about $5M in return.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Diaw is getting DNP-CDs because of his attitude and lack of effort on the floor. No thanks, unless we can get him for nothing and we have no other options.

http://www.foxsportsohio.com/03/01/1...86&feedID=3725

I would be very interested in bringing Ramon in -- I think he might be even better than DC2, and at the very least he would push him in practice and serve as a competent backup. . .
    no interest in sessions. he is not better than darren or AJ, just different. if the pacers add a PG [or any other position for that matter], he needs to be a clear upgrade. not just the same level of guy with a slightly different skill set.

Banned

Me too and if we trade Tyler are there two players whose styles compliment each other better than Lou and diaw?
    I actually think that he complements Lou and Tyler pretty well, do you remember how much better Tyler looks when he plays with Foster? That's because Foster knows how to pass the ball and feed him, I'm not saying that Diaw is Foster 2.0 but Diaw's passing ability could help Hansbrough in a huge way.

Again like I said before I like Kaman but he is to me another one on one type of guy, if he gets the ball he is going to attack the basket and we already have a bunch of one on one players in the second unit(AJ,Hill,DJ,Tyler,Lance).

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    Honest question: have you seen Diaw play this year after the first week of the season? I'm not talking about numbers here, just to be clear.
    I actually have seen him in person 7 times this year and on tv a few times...my sister lives in Charlotte and has season tickets...we probably shouldnt judge anyone's effort solely by what he gives off of how he plays for what is unquestionably the worst team in the NBA...

Diaw is getting DNP-CDs because of his attitude and lack of effort on the floor. No thanks, unless we can get him for nothing and we have no other options.
    How would your attitude be on a team that hasn't even won a handful of games? He has been with them through this whole thing and anyone who wants to win would not be happy about being there. Management there sucks and his only beef has been with Silas, he wants to win.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hibbert For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    no interest in sessions. he is not better than darren or AJ, just different. if the pacers add a PG [or any other position for that matter], he needs to be a clear upgrade. not just the same level of guy with a slightly different skill set.
    AJ isn't the level of player that Ramon is but I get the gist...Ramon isn't a major upgrade...

Sessions is in fact better than Collison and this summer worked on his outside shot and now comes with a legit 3 point shot as well.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This team is so strange. At times you think they need major offense off the bench, and next you think they need a major rebounder. Then later they look like they got both of those figured out and they struggle on defense. I wouldn't blame anyone for thinking anything is a weakness/strength as a team at this point, because at some point or another they all have been. So it's really hard to put your finger on a single problem and think, we fix that, and we're contenders. It's a really strange point to be at. Not only are the list of what someone could call a 'need' up in the air, our roster is in a strange place too.

We have enough talent to net us a star player if we wanted to, but we wouldn't have enough left afterwards to make noise. So what we need, we can't get and be successful. At the moment we look stuck in the same spot Atlanta has been recently. Only difference is we still have some cap space and we need to use that to get help. Personally I still believe OJ Mayo is the perfect fit. Not only that, but if you get Mayo to fill the SG role off the bench, I think it opens the opportunity to move Hill to the starting lineup for defense. Then having Tyler/Collison/Mayo off the bench it'll be hard to guard all 3.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He is much better than AJ and is at the same level as DC if not a little better IMO. He brings defense and a good floor game to the table along with a jumper that gets better every season. His floor game would be better than both DC and AJ IMO and would compliment DC very well we would have 2 very solid pgs who do different things.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbert View Post
    Sessions is in fact better than Collison and this summer worked on his outside shot and now comes with a legit 3 point shot as well.
    His defense?

Ok, not going that far...DC is a good young developing point guard, he isn't some terrible waste of space...sessions isn't a better player than collison nor does be have a higher ceiling...I have noticed that when in doubt on this site, it's collisons fault...

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    The Kaman to Pacers thing seems so obvious that I think I'll actually be a little disappointed if we don't actually make that come true.
    When it comes to Kaman and the Hornets, the Pacers are the equivalent of the "last girl at the bar that will start to look like a half-way decent option to take home 5 minutes before the bar closes".

I'm guessing that Stern and the "Eventual" Owners is waiting for the Rockets or the Warriors to give up more.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ok, not going that far...DC is a good young developing point guard, he isn't some terrible waste of space...sessions isn't a better player than collison nor does be have a higher ceiling...I have noticed that when in doubt on this site, it's collisons fault...

I disagree with that for sure... I think he is at least as good if not clearly better, and I really think they both are what they are at this point. I think people are waiting for DC to return to the level he played at in New Orleans, but I don't think he'll ever get there or be a 15 ppg/7-8 apg type of guy either. I think with 30-35 mpg Sessions gets those numbers tomorrow.

Banned

By the way I also remember that Diaw is a really good friend of Nash, my plan to conquer the world:

1st: Get Diaw from the Bobcats, probably for free.

2nd:Get Barbosa from Toronto, they are trying to trade him for a pick and a player, a second round pick plus AJ+Jeff could get it done?

3rd: Go and get Steve Nash, DC+Tyler+pick should get it done, now we have Nash's friends on the team And like Seth said we could probably be in the ECF why would he go to another team?

Starting unit: Nash, PG,DG,West,Hibbert.

Second unit:Barbosa,Hill,DJ,Diaw,Lou
    Last edited by vnzla81; 03-08-2012 at 02:42 PM.

Sessions is 6 months older than Collison and has never been given the keys to show how good he could be if full time starter. Sessions plays about ten minutes less a game than Darren and his numbers are about the same.

Sessions: 10.5 PTS 5.1 AST 3.1 REB 0.6 STL .397% FG .414% 3FG .838 FT%

Collison: 11 PTS 5.1 AST 3.4 REB 0.8 STL .433 FG% .414% 3FG .827 FT%

Sessions averages 24.7 minutes a game and Darren averages 33.1 minutes a game and Sessions has a PER of 16.00 while Darren has a PER of 14.54. I would definitely say that Sessions is the better player. About Collison and that rookie year he had.....has Linsanity not taught you anything?

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    Yeah, I thought about that after the fact. I wasn't sure if the outgoing money of DC/TH would cover the difference or not.

So I guess if we believe the Crawford rumor than clearly the team would have to be sending players to cover costs if they intended to also go after Kaman. I haven't looked at his salary numbers.

I think Nash would be a huge help, but not only does it appear that PHX is holding up things but nothing suggests the Pacers are even considering that situation. Funny how with Hill off the bench you still need a SG (according to rumor).

Maybe TPTB are doing a misdirect on Kaman front?
    Based off of your trade scenario......sending out DC and Hansbrough would get the cap out to roughly ~$40 mil. Nash is owed $11.69 mil and Kaman is owed $12.7 mil....I don't know ( but suspect ) that Kaman has some trade kicker that ups his impact on the Salary Cap. I don't know if Nash has the same. Either way....That would put the Salary cap to roughly $65 mil...not including any trade kicker that may up the Salary Cap.

Adding in Players on our side won't work either since the Suns would have to send back one or two...so SalaryCap wise....I could be wrong...but I don't think that it's possible to do BOTH of your trades without some really creative accounting while involving 3rd Teams or something.

One or the other would work...but not both.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sessions is 6 months older than Collison and has never been given the keys to show how good he could be if full time starter. Sessions plays about ten minutes less a game than Darren and his numbers are about the same.

Sessions: 10.5 PTS 5.1 AST 3.1 REB 0.6 STL .397% FG .414% 3FG .838 FT%

Collison: 11 PTS 5.1 AST 3.4 REB 0.8 STL .433 FG% .414% 3FG .827 FT%

Sessions averages 24.7 minutes a game and Darren averages 33.1 minutes a game and Sessions has a PER of 16.00 while Darren has a PER of 14.54. I would definitely say that Sessions is the better player. About Collison and that rookie year he had.....has Linsanity not taught you anything?
    Big difference in their careers= DC has been on some good teams...sessions was the Main scorer in Cleveland...much rather have DC...

Sports Logo

Although he has a 41% 3pt percentage....he only taken about 58 3ptAttempts this year....which oddly enough is the same exact # of attempts and % that DC has taken.

He's really good at getting to the FT line.....between 3 to 5 FTA a game...but he's as much of a 3pt shooter that DC is....which isn't really saying too much.

Quote Originally Posted by odeez View Post
    I wanted Crawford this Summer and I would love to have him now. He can score and we need that. He can also play the point, but that's not where I want him ... but it's another option.

Shaking my head! Has anyone checked out Crawford's FG%? He's 1% higher than Granger who half the board wants to trade! In OVER HALF of the games he's played here is his shooting results:

3-13
    1-3
    7-18
    5-13
    1-5
    1-5
    6-23
    6-18
    6-17
    5-14
    5-13
    4-13
    3-10
    8-22
    2-8
    3-12
    2-11
    2-6
    2-10
    6-16
    2-11

AND this is what you want as a "scorer coming off the bench"? Sorry, that says chucker, blackhole, to me that never saw a shot he didn't like. I didn't want him b4 the season, and I sure don't want him NOW! PASS PASS PASS

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post: