Page 53 of 76 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1900

Thread: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

  1. #1301
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,005

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It wouldn't surprise me if TJ owns a monkey he looks like that kind of guy
    I don't but who wouldn't want a pet monkey?

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  2. #1302

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffg-body View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    How about 1st+DC+Hansbrough for Rondo+Allen.


    Hello Danny this is Larry. How about 1st+DC+Hans for Rondo+Allen?
    CLICK! Hello, Danny are you there?

  3. #1303
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,005

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    I still think it's hilarious that Dwight Howard is being treated like some spoiled pariah by everyone, and yet no one is blaming how poorly this situation has gone on the **** sandwich that is the Magic upper management.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  4. #1304
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    4,001

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    This is where I was supposed to wake up and read about our picking up Kaman.
    There is no Howard trade that we're going to be able to pick up the fallout from.
    There is no better salary dump available.
    Get in there Larry and make this happen. You need to give it a few more hours for flexibiltiy just in case Stern complicates things. Don't wait until the last minute like last year.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:


  6. #1305
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,096

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Not sure Dwight has the mental strength required to win championships.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  7. #1306
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,126

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not sure Dwight has the mental strength required to win championships.
    He has the mental strength to put up 20/20 numbers. I'd say that's enough.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  9. #1307
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is no better salary dump available.
    I disagree, Pacers can Dump Kaman to other teams and bring in 14.5mil of talent using Kaman. Example, Houston get Kaman Pacers get Dalembert and Lee.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  10. #1308

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersForever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We still need Crawford !

    If we trade Price for him then Hill can move to starting PG and off the bench we could have collision and Crawford.

    That would make us so much better !


    Our bigs are fine.

    Thanks if you agree !

    ABSOLUTELY NO CHUCKER CRAWFORD!!!!!

    I never saw one post after the Pacers/Blazers game in the post game thread about wanting Crawford after that spectacular shooting preformance of 2-7 & 1-5 3pt. I wonder why?

  11. #1309
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    I'm still hoping that we get a point guard

  12. #1310

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by D0NT SH0OT ME View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree completely. If we even want to be considered as contenders we need another 40% shooter that takes 12 shots a game.

    Bingo we have a winner!

    Not to mention trading for a 26 game rental as he will opt out after the season.

  13. #1311
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    4,001

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree, Pacers can Dump Kaman to other teams and bring in 14.5mil of talent using Kaman. Example, Houston get Kaman Pacers get Dalembert and Lee.
    I guess we'd have to agree to disagree then. I'd rather have Kaman then Dalembert and there's a good reason Houston would as well. I'd also rather have the cap flexibilty to pursue a pg upgrade next summer. Kaman gives us that, although I'd rather keep Kaman and trade West or Hans if that were possible.

  14. #1312
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,096

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He has the mental strength to put up 20/20 numbers. I'd say that's enough.
    That's enough for great stats. Not a championship.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  15. #1313

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So if Dwight signs the ETO waiver at 8 or 9 in the morning, (Eastern) then we will have 6 or 7 hours for all the trades that were waiting on his situation to go though.

    If Dwight signs the wavier what will New Jersey do with Williams is my question? I'd like him a lot more than Rondo.

    If New Jersey doesn't trade Williams before the trade deadline then he will be the next three ring circus . . . er . . . story this coming summer.

    D'Will is my unrealistic dream for a PG for the Pacers.

    And you are right about it being the next circus. This tripe should have been addressed in the new CBA with something like a franchise tag system. Teams, teammates, cities, and fans shouldn't have to go thru this garbage.

  16. #1314

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    The real problem is that Dwight's up to the hour thoughts are going public. If he just kept his mouth shut until he made up his mind, this wouldn't be nearly as bad.

  17. #1315
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,126

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's enough for great stats. Not a championship.
    It's more than enough when he's easily the best center in the game.

  18. #1316
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,096

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's more than enough when he's easily the best center in the game.
    Clearly. Look at all those rings.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  19. #1317
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,126

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Clearly. Look at all those rings.
    Look at LeBron's rings. Are you going to tell me he isn't the best player in the league right now?

    This is absurd. Not once has Howard been on a team capable of winning a championship. He took them farther than anybody thought they'd go in 2009, and buried Andrew bynum under his shoe in the finals, but they lost because Kobe did the same to Orlando's guards and Pau did the same to Rashard Lewis.

    Howard is the LeBron James of Centers. Not only is he the best at his position, nobody else is even close. Andrew Bynum is not half the defensive menace Howard is.
    Last edited by Kstat; 03-15-2012 at 08:24 AM.

  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  21. #1318
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    3,409

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by jrockne View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The real problem is that Dwight's up to the hour thoughts are going public. If he just kept his mouth shut until he made up his mind, this wouldn't be nearly as bad.
    Honestly, that should be said about every SINGLE FREE AGENT in this day and age. If I was a Superstar, I would tell management privately the situation, and call it a night. If the media ask me questions about it, my answer would be "I don't want to talk about this right now, so...no comment" each and every time.

    Lebron kinda did it right, but the TV show was over the top.

  22. #1319
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,005

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Man, Howard apparently decides to stay in Orlando after what was the biggest decision of his life so far, and everyone makes him a villain still. Ya can't win sometimes.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  23. #1320

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man, Howard apparently decides to stay in Orlando after what was the biggest decision of his life so far, and everyone makes him a villain still. Ya can't win sometimes.
    Hey, as far as we know, that paper isn't signed yet. So he still has time to change his mind a few more times.

    Look, this could've been handled better by everyone involved. Dwight is not the only one at fault here. But he's the whole reason this thing is happening. I'll give him credit if he ultimately decides to stay in Orlando. But this whole situation is a mess and let's not pretend that Dwight didn't help cause it.
    WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Aw Heck For This Useful Post:


  25. #1321
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    3,409

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man, Howard apparently decides to stay in Orlando after what was the biggest decision of his life so far, and everyone makes him a villain still. Ya can't win sometimes.
    He brought it on himself. Orlando (or any team that trades for him) is in a situation that they can't even trust his word about signing a contract extension. I agree with Orlando at this moment. If he's serious about staying, then they need for him to sign off on his waiver TODAY, so they have enough time to make trades to make the team better.

    Personally, I would be LIVID if I traded for him on his promise of a contract extension, and he screws my team over that very same summer.

  26. #1322
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,376

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    think that's right.

    brooks can score. he looks undersized to me. that means 6th man. not at all sure he can defend. too little. imagine brooks trying to defend paul george.
    He's 6'5" with freakishly long arms. Seems enough size to me.

    http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...marshon+brooks
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:


  28. #1323
    Member Hibbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Stay at ya mammy house
    Age
    32
    Posts
    976

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Dwight only wants to stay now cause there are significant bonuses to be made from addidas for making it to the playoffs. If he were to go to NJ and they didnt make it he would lose out on all that money if he were to just stay. Its all about the money to him, nothing else matters.

  29. #1324
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,972

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I still think it's hilarious that Dwight Howard is being treated like some spoiled pariah by everyone, and yet no one is blaming how poorly this situation has gone on the **** sandwich that is the Magic upper management.

    Dwight is the reason all of this started. Without him starting it, there's nothing for the Magic upper management to handle rightly/wrongly.

    If Dwight ends up staying, then how did the Magic handle it poorly anyway? Wouldn't that mean that they made the right decision all along?

    Everything that has happened over these past couple of months is because Dwight Howard couldn't wait to handle is personal business in the off-season.

  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  31. #1325
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,059
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    I think it is more than money, but I do not like the fact that he has been acting like a cry baby instead lately, he needed just to stay in Orlando anyways. Building a good team in Orlando is possible, they just have to stop giving out ridiculous contracts, there is even a good Chance D williams could come there after the year is over if he does not go to Dallas.
    Why so SERIOUS

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •