Page 52 of 76 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1900

Thread: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

Quote Originally Posted by PacersForever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We still need Crawford !

If we trade Price for him then Hill can move to starting PG and off the bench we could have collision and Crawford.

That would make us so much better !

Our bigs are fine.

Thanks if you agree !
    What Crawford has done to the locker room in Portland is more than enough for me to vote to keep him away from our team.

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to SycamoreKen For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    Not a serious contender.
    who do you consider serious contenders? chi, mia, okc? then id have to say lakers after that, i wouldnt be suprised if lakers made it to western conference finals, and possibly even the finals. i think a lot of people are sleeping on the lakers this year

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by MrHale View Post
    who do you consider serious contenders? chi, mia, okc? then id have to say lakers after that, i wouldnt be suprised if lakers made it to western conference finals, and possibly even the finals. i think a lot of people are sleeping on the lakers this year
    Mia, Chi, OC, and SA are the only serious contenders IMO, the 2 LA teams and teams like us are all fringe contenders

Pretty sure OKC is serious.

Mood

With the trade deadline a few hours away, nobody had any idea what Dwight Howard was planning to do. Much of that uncertainty was the result of Howard's ever-changing mind.

After informing the Magic he would opt-in and delay his free agency, Howard changed his tune and looked to be on his way out of Orlando.

Both the organization and fans were upset with Howard's actions as it seemed he was trying to manipulate his way to the New Jersey Nets. In the process, he appeared to have relinquished control of his future to agents and advisers that are believed to be pushing him to a larger market.

Howard, however, finally had enough and decided to set the record straight.

Howard confirmed to RealGM on Wednesday evening that he will terminate his early termination option and stay in Orlando for at least another year.

He also realizes the impact that his indecision has caused and wants to make things right in the city that has watched him grow both professionally and personally since he came into the NBA in 2004 as the first overall pick.

"Man, listen, you know my heart, my soul and everything I have is in Orlando," Howard told RealGM. "I just can't leave it behind."

Dealing with such a big decision was new territory for Howard.

To help with the process he sought advice from people he believed had his best interest in mind. All the while, his heart was in Orlando. While he wanted to keep his options open, Howard's intentions were never to alienate his teammates, coaches or general manager.

The circumstances, however, spiraled out of control and turned into something he never wanted to happen. Howard was very remorseful for the situation that he created, but eager to turn it around and show everyone who has been hurt by his actions how much he appreciates them and how sorry he is for Wednesday’s events.

"I have gotten some bad advice," Howard said. "I apologize for this circus I have caused to the fans of our city. They didn't deserve none of this. I'm sorry from the bottom of my heart. I will do whatever I can to make this right and do what I was put in Orlando to do."

The situation has also been stressful for Howard and his family, but he isn't thinking of making any excuses or point any fingers. Howard only wants to get back to being the man Orlando grew to love and cheer for.

"This has been a very hard time," Howard said. "For me, my family and all of us. The fans deserve a better hero and I will make that happen. I love and appreciate my fans and this city."

Howard said that he plans on signing the ETO waiver first thing on Thursday morning. He also plans on making some internal changes to ensure this situation isn't repeated in the future.
    Via Jarrod Rudolph/RealGM

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...#ixzz1pAYu7uBl
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Grabs popcorn when Dwight wakes up in the morning and doesn't pick up option. I hope he's serious about signing it or he's a real dick.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

I want to believe that Howard actually is remoseful and not just manipulating the Magic even further to delay any action by them.

Dan Fegan, his agent, was Dale Davis agent that screwed up Dale's free agent filing with the Pacers that ultimately led to Dale being convinced by his family & friends to demand the trade.

So there is a real possibility that Fegan is a large part of this. It is also possible that Fegan is a large part of this but is doing exactly what he is supposed to be doing, looking out for his players financial interest.

Either way Dwight has always been one of the "good guys" in the NBA & I really hated thinking that he was no better than LeBron.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

So if Dwight signs the ETO waiver at 8 or 9 in the morning, (Eastern) then we will have 6 or 7 hours for all the trades that were waiting on his situation to go though.

If Dwight signs the wavier what will New Jersey do with Williams is my question? I'd like him a lot more than Rondo.

If New Jersey doesn't trade Williams before the trade deadline then he will be the next three ring circus . . . er . . . story this coming summer.
    Last edited by Will Galen; 03-15-2012 at 04:17 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Will Galen For This Useful Post:

Wow reading from 10 last night to 4 this morning was awesome!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I'm putting my conspiracy hat on ( and yes, I know that I am doing my best impression of Mr. Fantastic by "stretching and reaching" ), but knowing that the entire NBA universe is hinging on what the Magic/Dwight is going to do....you have to wonder if they are being slow in their decision process just so that it leaves other Teams that are holding ALL of their trade scenarios because they are waiting ( for one reason or another ) for the Magic to do something....very little time to work out trades with other Teams once the Magic/Dwight decide what to do. Trades can only serve to improve Teams.

As of this post....the rest of the NBA has 11 hours to finalize any trades that they want to do.....and you can probably cut that down to 8 hours even if the Magic/Dwight decide to do something at 7am EDT. I have no clue as to how long it takes for Teams to figure out, negotiate, finalize and "cross all the 'Ts' and dot all the 'Is'", but you have to think that you need a good # of hours to hash things out.

I know...the Magic are really in a bind here and this isn't an easy decision to make......but deciding what to do with Dwight...whether he chose to stay or not...is something that any competent NBA FO should have already figured out months ago given the likely scenarios that the Magic are facing now.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/0...13-in-orlando/

HANG TIME HEADQUARTERS – In one of the wildest 24 hour stretches of NBA trade deadline history, Dwight Howard has finally changed his mind about changing his mind one last time and will reportedly not leave the Orlando Magic via trade today or free agency this summer.
    The All-Star center decided overnight not to exercise the early termination option on his current contract and remain with the Magic through the 2012-13 season and remain in the city he has called home since entering the league eight years ago, delaying free agency for at least another year.
    Howard told RealGM senior writer Jarrod Rudolph early this morning that he was done with the drama, admitted to and apologized for the mistakes he said he’d made in handling the situation and expressed his love for the city of Orlando:
    “Man, listen, you know my heart, my soul and everything I have is in Orlando,” Howard told RealGM. “I just can’t leave it behind.”
    Dealing with such a big decision was new territory for Howard.
    To help with the process he sought advice from people he believed had his best interest in mind. All the while, his heart remained in Orlando. While he wanted to keep his options open, Howard’s intentions were never to alienate his teammates, coaches or general manager.
    The circumstances, however, spiraled out of control and turned into something he never wanted to happen. Howard was very remorseful for the situation that he created, but eager to turn it around and show everyone who has been hurt by his actions how much he appreciates them and how sorry he is for Wednesday’s events.
    “I have gotten some bad advice,” Howard said. “I apologize for this circus I have caused to the fans of our city. They didn’t deserve none of this. I’m sorry from the bottom of my heart. I will do whatever I can to make this right and do what I was put in Orlando to do.”
    …*”This has been a very hard time,” Howard said. “For me, my family and all of us. The fans deserve a better hero and I will make that happen. I love and appreciate my fans and this city.”
    Magic fans won’t know what to do this morning as they await official word on Howard’s latest decision, both he and his agent, Dan Fegan, have to sign forms saying that he plans to opt-in, the same paperwork he said he would not sign before the Magic played in San Antonio Wednesday night. And the same paperwork he reportedly told teammates and Magic executives earlier in the day that he would sign.
    “I don’t think Dwight ever wanted leave Orlando,” a league source told NBA.com late last night. “He has been getting bad advice. He’s been getting bad advice all along. He’s got people in his ear that want him to do one thing and he wants to do something entirely different. And he’s looking really ridiculous right now with the way this entire mess is playing out.”
    Howard will no doubt have some repair work to do on his image, particularly with the fans in Orlando. They braced themselves for a potential trade late last night only to wake up this morning to yet another stunning reversal.
    Stay tuned for more details, as this saga is still not over until the Magic receive that paperwork from Howard and his agent …

This dude is seriously retarded. I'm done with all his bull. Just leave and get it over with!!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to k_lewis93 For This Useful Post:

I DONT KNOW WHAT TO BELIVE ANYMORE!!! IN JUST SICK OF DWIGHT HOWARD AND ALL THIS BULL****!!

Dwight Howard won't concede option
    Updated: March 15, 2012, 3:51 AM ET
    By Marc Stein | ESPN.com
    Dwight Conflicted

Chris Broussard on the future of Dwight Howard in Orlando.
    Tags: Chris Broussard
    NEXT VIDEO
    Dwight Howard Talks After Magic's Loss To Spurs
    The Orlando Magic enter Thursday's NBA trade deadline knowing for certain that Dwight Howard plans to become a free agent July 1.

In a Wednesday night conference call with team officials before Orlando's game in San Antonio, after indications to the contrary earlier in the day, Howard firmly told the Magic he is not prepared to surrender the option in his contract that allows him to become a free agent at season's end.

Howard
    Magic spokesman George Galante confirmed the conference call to the Associated Press on Wednesday night after ESPN.com, citing sources with knowledge of the call, reported that Howard and agent Dan Fegan clarified their position with Magic CEO Alex Martins, owner Rich DeVos and other members of the DeVos family on the line.

Howard's revised stance forces the Magic to decide before Thursday's 3 p.m. ET trade buzzer whether they are prepared to "roll the dice," as Howard described it after Tuesday night's win over Miami. Orlando could keep him past the deadline in hopes that a successful playoff run and the 26-year-old's longstanding ties to the community ultimately will convince him to stay in Orlando beyond this season.

The rising expectation among rival teams, however, is the Magic have no choice and eventually will concede before the deadline they have to deal Howard to ensure they don't lose him without compensation in the summer, despite the elder DeVos' well-chronicled determination to keep him, no matter how many outsiders are urging him to make a move.

Sources told ESPN.com late Wednesday the New Jersey Nets have had the most serious discussions with the Magic this week. The teams were engaged in talks late Wednesday night, with the prospect of at least one more team being recruited into a trade seen as the most likely scenario.

"I believe that you will see Dwight traded to New Jersey tomorrow," said one source close to the process, referring to the team widely regarded as the No. 1 destination on Howard's wish list.

Although the Houston Rockets, sources said, remain willing to trade for Howard with no assurance he'll stay past the end of the season, Orlando's list of potential trade partners is believed to be far shorter than expected for a player of Howard's caliber. Sources say interested teams such as the Los Angeles Lakers and Chicago Bulls are reluctant to part with any meaningful assets in a swap with Orlando because Howard has convinced so many executives around the league that he's determined to leave whoever trades for him and play for the Brooklyn-bound Nets next season.

Golden State was another team willing to gamble on Howard, like the Rockets, but the Warriors used their trade chips Tuesday to acquire center Andrew Bogut from the Milwaukee Bucks instead.

The Herd with Colin Cowherd

ESPN NBA Insider Ric Bucher says the Magic are in a difficult position because they let the Dwight Howard situation drag out so long. Plus, Bucher says he believes Carmelo Anthony will be back with the Knicks next season but coach Mike D'Antoni will be gone.

More Podcasts »
    There were numerous reports earlier Wednesday indicating Howard had agreed to waive his early termination option and lock himself into the final season of his current contract with the Magic. But one source close to the NBA's reigning Defensive Player of the Year insisted Howard "didn't fully understand the ramifications" of surrendering his ETO.

Fegan then added in a statement to ESPN.com that Howard only did so in conversations with teammates and team officials earlier Wednesday because he had been warned by the Magic that they would definitely trade him this week if he didn't take that step.

"Dwight has chosen not to waive his ETO under pressure from the team that he might be traded," Fegan said. "However, Dwight expressed once again on a call today with the DeVos family and Alex Martins that he very much desires to pursue a championship this year with the Magic. Dwight also expressed that he had no intention of leaving the Magic high and dry at the end of the season."

There was considerable shock leaguewide when word began to spread earlier Wednesday that Howard was prepared to surrender his early termination option. Franchise players waiving an opt-out and the leverage that comes with it in a free-agent year is almost unprecedented in the NBA. Chris Paul was asked to waive his ETO as part of the trade that sent him to the Los Angeles Clippers in December, but that was a pre-condition established by the Clippers to push the trade through.

Yet it appears the Magic, who have grown weary of trying to pin Howard down on his intentions, were expecting this sort of reversal. It followed an eventful afternoon in San Antonio, where Howard told selected teammates and Martins by phone that he was prepared to lock himself into the final season of his current contract and commit to Orlando through the 2012-13 season.

The Magic thus continued throughout the day to field calls from teams interested in trading for Howard -- with the Nets at the front of the line -- because league rules dictate that the verbal pledges from Howard to waive his ETO would not have become binding unless both he and Fegan formally signed a waiver locking him into next season's $19.5 million salary with Orlando.

During the ensuing conference call, sources said, Howard told the Magic that staying in Orlando in his first choice, but he also made it clear he's ultimately not prepared to put any commitment in writing beyond this season.

SN: Will Dwight Howard stay?
    Dwight Howard has stated that he wants to stay with the Magic at least until the end of the season, but should Orlando still trade him? Vote and discuss!

Howard declined to speak to reporters before Wednesday's game against the Spurs. Magic general manager Otis Smith did not travel with the team and stayed in Orlando.

ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard reported earlier Wednesday the Magic telling teams they planned to trade Howard before Thursday's deadline if Howard did not commit to them beyond this season.

"Dwight's dreaming if he thinks Orlando won't trade him without a commitment," one source told Broussard. "He needs to make some small commitment to them. They're saying it can't be one way."

While the Magic naturally would prefer Howard sign a maximum extension that would keep him in Orlando through the 2014-15 season, they were prepared to settle for locking in Howard's contract through next season by waiving the ETO. That theoretically would have given the Magic more time to pull off a trade for a star to play beside him, enhancing their chances of keeping Howard long-term.

The Magic, sources say, believe Howard is legitimately torn. But they also believe his comments Tuesday about wanting to finish this season in Orlando were a ploy to allow the Nets -- one of the three teams Howard requested a trade to in the preseason along with Dallas and the Los Angeles Lakers -- to keep their players and assets and thereby enable Howard to join a stronger Nets team this summer as a free agent.

Information from ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard and The Associated Press was used in this report.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That article is date 2 hours before the prior one. It also lists the main source as Dan Fagan, and the previous article cites Dwight himself.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Got a bad feeling nothin is really gonna happen... not much time to orchestrate something.. stupid Dwight..

The 4 letter wasn't picking up the RealGM story, at all, early this morning, Screaming A on Mike and Mike didn't acknowledge it, either............

Well, I wake up to see nothing has happened and Dwight is still acting like a teenage girl deciding what to wear on a first date! Superman my A$$!!!

The big shoe just needs to drop. I'm sure teams have scenarios ready, they're just waiting for the big guy with the weak mind.

If Pacers can not trade for Kaman after we facilitate trades for others.
    Pacers should be careful on that they have to get something better than Kaman.

Or we could just trade Kaman with a 2nd and call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by JB24 View Post
    Petro only makes 3.5 million next year. If they really are packaging him with the Rockets pick, that's a sweet deal.
    Considering 1st picks are usually around 3 mil, and you get a big on an expiring for next year. Bird needs to take the deal b4 another team does unless he's going to get Kaman. That pick and Petro can both be used in the off season as trade bait if nothing else. This is the type deal I'd expect Pritchard to make.

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBearCoffee View Post
    Vnzla, any interest in Goran Dragic from Houston? I love Rondo as well, but Dragic would be considerably cheaper and could probably run the club pretty well at the starting 1. Also has nice size at 6'3''. This guy just seems like a Bird under-the-radar steal.
    He's playing well since Lowry was injured. He was 14/2/10 in last night's game.

I have a bad feeling Dwight will screw everyone over and at 1pm he will finally say he will opt out and by that time a trade wont be done till 2:30 and everyone else is screwed and there are next to no moves made. Guess there is draft night :/

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post

I'd offer 1st+DC+Hansbrough for Rondo+Bass.

All you'd hear after making the proposal is a click and a dial tone from Ainge hanging up on you. If Ainge wanted Hansbro + 1st for Allen why do you think Ainge would take 1st+DC+Hans for Rondo+Bass? I doubt you could get that for Rondo let alone for Bass too. What are they going to rebuild with... DC, Hans, 2 1sts (theirs and ours) and cap?

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Dear Dwight,
    S*** or get off the pot!
    -Everyone
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacerGuy For This Useful Post:

Dwight really needs to sit down and figure things out. If he waives his ETO just because of his feelings for Orlando and not because he wants to stay there long-term, he's just going to put Orlando through another year of hell. We're going to be in the same place this time next year.
    WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON