Page 5 of 76 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The biggest piece of news in this thread so far? I've changed my avatar!
    I giggled.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

http://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-ha...r-1354879.html

Hawks' McGrady fumes over playing time

Portland – Hawks forward Tracy McGrady’s private frustrations over his playing time finally boiled over after he played just 4:39 during the 97-77 loss to the Blazers late Saturday.

“I’m tired of this [bleep],” McGrady said. “You can put that in the paper, I don’t give a [bleep].”

McGrady didn’t play after halftime against the Blazers. He didn’t dress for Atlanta’s 101-99 victory at Phoenix Thursday but said it was his decision to rest for the second game of a back-to-back. Against the Blazers, McGrady never returned after Marvin Williams replaced him with 7:21 left in the first half.

McGrady has played in 26 of 32 games this season for an average of 18 minutes before Saturday’s game. Last season with Detroit McGrady averaged 23 minutes in 72 games.

McGrady said Hawks coach Larry Drew hasn’t offered him an explanation when he doesn’t play him many minutes.

“If you don’t feel I can help, come tell me that,” McGrady said. “He ain’t told me nothing. I just want to help these guys win, man, which I know I can. But, damn, four minutes?”

McGrady made his comments after Drew’s postgame news conference. Earlier this week Drew, speaking generally about the limited amount of minutes available for his many veteran players, said he thinks it’s important to offer them an explanation when they don’t play much.

McGrady said he’s previously approached Drew about the topic but doesn’t plan on doing so again.

“I have before but I’m only going to do that one time,” McGrady said.

Drew has said he’s mindful of saving McGrady’s body from wear and tear. McGrady was a two-time scoring champion before a series of injuries that includes a herniated disk in his back. He suffered back spasms on Jan. 11 and sat out three games.

McGrady said that when he suits up, that means he’s ready to play.

“My body feels great,” McGrady said. “If it didn’t, I wouldn’t play.”

Under CBA rules, McGrady would be eligible for a trade on March 1. He didn’t go so far as to say he wants out of Atlanta but said he wants to play a bigger role for the Hawks.

“Hopefully, I’m here,” he said. “I like it here. I like the guys. That’s what I love most about it. I like the guys in this locker room. But at the same time, I still can play. No doubt in my mind.”

While I don't like that he complained, especially the way he decided to say it, I would love to get a guy of McGrady's versatility here. He's been something of a punchline for the past few years, with his injuries and lack of playoff success, but I think he can still contribute on a winning team. And I'd be a lot happier seeing him come in off the bench than Inferno and Lance.

****Trade proposals in trade forum****
    Last edited by able; 03-08-2012 at 06:00 AM. Reason: leave the trade ideas where they belong

Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post

Edit: Also, I knew Kaman was playing pretty well, but I didn't know it was 12/8 good. That's hardly any drop off from the productivity we're getting from Roy. If he can be this player for another 2-3 years, that is a potent center rotation.

He was 18/11/8 last night. 8 asts!!!! Almost a triple double. Pull the darn trigger Bird and quit puzzyfooting around!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    IF this is true.....my guess is that the Shooting Guard....or more "Combo Guard" in question is Jarrett Jack.

I'd like to see JACK BACK, but I just don't see Bird doing it. I'd offer them Price, 015 GS 2nd rd, and cap to them. Price would give them a PG behind Vasquez, plus Price is an expiring for them. It could be a great opportunity for AJ going there. Getting Jack's leadership, toughness, better "D", and physical size/play would be well worth it. I know it's not a rumor. ADMIN can delete if warranted.

Jack last night was 25/3/4
    Last edited by Justin Tyme; 03-08-2012 at 08:45 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    He was 18/11/8 last night. 8 asts!!!! Almost a triple double. Pull the darn trigger Bird and quit puzzyfooting around!
    Was a good game but he did play 45:59 and he's isn't going to come close to that here. He did get a new high in assists but actually lowered all the rest of his PER36 numbers across the board.

New Orleans as a franchise seems to hand out more 45+ games than anyone else, or at least feels that way to me. When DC was there racking up dimes he was playing over 40 a night as a starter. I remember a game last year that West played the all but 30 seconds of a OT game and had a steak of something like 49 consecutive minutes of floor time over two games.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Asher99 View Post
    Was a good game but he did play 45:59 and he's isn't going to come close to that here. He did get a new high in assists but actually lowered all the rest of his PER36 numbers across the board.

These two sentences make me hate advanced statistics. The first thing that you thought of was "Yeah, but it's only because he played 46 minutes," really? Give me a break.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spreedom For This Useful Post:

New Orleans as a franchise seems to hand out more 45+ games than anyone else, or at least feels that way to me. When DC was there racking up dimes he was playing over 40 a night as a starter. I remember a game last year that West played the all but 30 seconds of a OT game and had a steak of something like 49 consecutive minutes of floor time over two games.

Kaman isn't going to be getting starter minutes as a Pacer. Those results are as a starter playing heavy minutes, BUT it does show what he truly can actually do. That in itself is more important than 36's which is a bunch of theoretical possible tripe.

Banned

These two sentences make me hate advanced statistics. The first thing that you thought of was "Yeah, but it's only because he played 46 minutes," really? Give me a break.
    The 8 assists are no doubt great but 18 and 11 isn't some amazing of a line for a whole game of center. That's slightly more than big Roy's average ia and he plays less than 30 a game and has only reached the lever of shots he Kaman took 7 times this year.

When we played the Kings Roy had 13-8-4 in 25:46 so just 5-3-4 less in 20:13 less time. So even with CK having the better line Roy had the better game of those two.

PER36 would be..
    18.0, 11.1 and 5.5 for Roy
    14.1, 8.6 and 6.3 for Kaman

Roy's projected line over 46 when we played the Kings would been 23, 14 and 7.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

The 8 assists are no doubt great but 18 and 11 isn't some amazing of a line for a whole game of center. That's slightly more than big Roy's average ia and he plays less than 30 a game and has only reached the lever of shots he Kaman took 7 times this year.

When we played the Kings Roy had 13-8-4 in 25:46 so just 5-3-4 less in 20:13 less time. So even with CK having the better line Roy had the better game of those two.

PER36 would be..
    18.0, 11.1 and 5.5 for Roy
    14.1, 8.6 and 6.3 for Kaman

Roy's projected line over 46 when we played the Kings would been 23, 14 and 7.

If Roy could stay on the court for 46 minutes, which we know he couldn't. PER36 numbers can be useful in some cases, but to take anything away from an 18/11/8 line is just stupid. I'm sorry, but it's stupid.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spreedom For This Useful Post:

Kaman isn't going to be getting starter minutes as a Pacer. Those results are as a starter playing heavy minutes, BUT it does show what he truly can actually do. That in itself is more important than 36's which is a bunch of theoretical possible tripe.
    Kaman is good enough that he would absolutely get starters minutes. He'd get all the backup center minutes and plenty of time at the 4 where he's already proven effective. You don't bring in someone as that good and not play him to the teams advantage. I could see Kaman and Roy both getting around 30 min. while Tyler's role is reduced, Lou is gone, and ultimatley Jone's loses minutes while we go big at the backup 3 instead of playing a 2 guard there.

Regarding the game, I noticed the 46 minutes as well and he wouldn't get that kind of time here. At least he's proven that he's healthy and can handle the minutes. We should thank N.O. for getting him into game shape these past few weeks.

If we bring Kaman in this would be the best team he's ever played for. I hope that he'd like getting a taste for winning and the playoffs and want to stick around.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    Kaman is good enough that he would absolutely get starters minutes. He'd get all the backup center minutes and plenty of time at the 4 where he's already proven effective. You don't bring in someone as that good and not play him to the teams advantage. I could see Kaman and Roy both getting around 30 min. while Tyler's role is reduced, Lou is gone, and ultimatley Jone's loses minutes while we go big at the backup 3 instead of playing a 2 guard there.

Regarding the game, I noticed the 46 minutes as well and he wouldn't get that kind of time here. At least he's proven that he's healthy and can handle the minutes. We should thank N.O. for getting him into game shape these past few weeks.

If we bring Kaman in this would be the best team he's ever played for. I hope that he'd like getting a taste for winning and the playoffs and want to stick around.
    I also think that having a backup C that can score will really help Hans.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Anybody got a sense as to when the potential Howard trade will be settled? Apparently no big rumors until that is resolved. Does that mean nothing may happen until 24 hours before the deadline?

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

I don't care what the stat line is, Kaman will bring exactly what we need. Twin Towers! If Danny finds his shot and Paul, Hill, Collison can play without hurting the team. Pacers will be a tough out in the playoffs.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    Anybody got a sense as to when the potential Howard trade will be settled? Apparently no big rumors until that is resolved. Does that mean nothing may happen until 24 hours before the deadline?
    Everything I've read makes it sound like they have no plans to trade him at all.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to spreedom For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...ne-approaches/

Pau Gasol remaining calm as trade deadline approaches

Over the next week, Pau Gasol’s name is going to come up a lot in rumored trade talks. Most of which have little if any foundation, but the rumors will be out there.

Gasol said it doesn’t bother him anymore. He’s moved past it.

Here is what he said, via the Los Angeles Daily News.

“I don’t know what the state the moves and (team’s) intentions are right now,” Gasol said the other day when asked about his phone conversation with Kupchak. “I have an understanding where things are, where he stands and where I stand.

“(Kupchak) told me just play the way you play. Keep playing hard and keep playing well and then we’ll see. It was kind of calming to have that feedback.”

Except for a tough game against Miami (where LeBron James did a good job defensively on him), Gasol has shot over 54 percent in each of the last six games. He has looked like his old self.

The Lakers were ready to move Gasol before the season in a three-team deal that netted them Chris Paul. That made sense — Paul is one of the 10 or so transcendent superstar players in the NBA. Gasol is a 1A guy — the guy who needs to be paired with an elite guy.

However, the Lakers are just like the Celtics with Rajon Rondo (who also were willing to move that player for CP3) — unless you are getting a true superstar back, there is no point in trading the guy in all these rumors. The Lakers are not shopping Gasol around. If you want him, you better have a Dwight Howard level player to send back.

Gasol didn’t like seeing his name in all the rumors, but he has clearly learned to deal with it.

I've heard speculation that the Rockets may be willing to trade Lowry/Scola for Pau. I wonder if we'd get in the Gasol sweepstakes.

Banned

If Roy could stay on the court for 46 minutes, which we know he couldn't. PER36 numbers can be useful in some cases, but to take anything away from an 18/11/8 line is just stupid. I'm sorry, but it's stupid.
    I'm sure Roy could play 46 too if he rarely ever played hard defense to avoiding foul trouble like Kaman does. The 8 assists part was no doubt great but I find it silly to act like 18-11 from a center playing against the Kings for 46 of 48 is some kind of awesome game, If you do then that's cool.

We've disrupted this thread enough on a OT topic so I guess we will have to agree to disagree to avoid losing control of this new thread like we did the old one.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

We've disrupted this thread enough on a OT topic so I guess we will have to agree to disagree to avoid losing control of this new thread like we did the old one.
    What's the point of having a thread if you can't talk about the rumors? The other rumor thread shouldn't had been locked, maybe then we could talk in that one and leave this one for non talking. Post only rumor thread as it was designed to be in the first place.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

He is being showcased. He played all but two minutes of last nights game, which is quite impressive.

I'm sure Roy could play 46 too if he rarely ever played hard defense to avoiding foul trouble like Kaman does. The 8 assists part was no doubt great but I find it silly to act like 18-11 from a center playing against the Kings for 46 of 48 is some kind of awesome game, If you do then that's cool.

http://www.nba.com/video/games/kings/2012/03/07/00211

It looks like he's putting some effort on defense.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I do think it's an awesome game. To get a near triple double from a center is impressive. To chalk it up to being a product of playing the whole game is stupidity.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spreedom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    What's the point of having a thread if you can't talk about the rumors? The other rumor thread shouldn't had been locked, maybe then we could talk in that one and leave this one for non talking. Post only rumor thread as it was designed to be in the first place.
    I agree, we need to be able to discuss legit trade rumors and the players involved. It's different when someone starts posting fantasy trade ideas.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Kaman would get some really solid playing time here. Not what he gets now, but Roy could use the break from time to time and we could afford to give it to him if we had Kaman here. I would love to have him if it was just for money or a 2nd rounder.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Ownagedood For This Useful Post:

Banned

I do think it's an awesome game. To get a near triple double from a center is impressive. To chalk it up to being a product of playing the whole game is stupidity.
    I gave his credit on the assists several times already that new career high is no doubt sweet from a center. But the 18-11 in 46 isn't something all that impressive. Tyler's top burn is 31:47 this year he got 15-13 in the game and in the 17 games he's broke the 30 min mark in his career he's at 20.3 and 8.3 and he's only got to or past the 38 min mark once and that game was just 40:16 and it was a 29 point game.

Sports Logo

[url]
    I've heard speculation that the Rockets may be willing to trade Lowry/Scola for Pau. I wonder if we'd get in the Gasol sweepstakes.
    From what I have read, the Rockets would part with anyone not named Lowry to get Gasol.

This is likely one of the main reasons why no trade has happened. The Lakers want Lowry and th Rockets don't want to give him up.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    From what I have read, the Rockets would part with anyone not named Lowry to get Gasol.

This is likely one of the main reasons why no trade has happened. The Lakers want Lowry and th Rockets don't want to give him up.
    Doesn't every team want the one player the other team refuses to give up?

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown