Page 4 of 76 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nope I don't have a link, he went to Denver with Vogel and the coaching staff, everybody here knows that.
    It would seem at least one person doesn't

Sports Logo Sports Logo

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...from-portland/

Reports: Minnesota making push get Crawford from Portland

There are a lot of trade rumors going to fly around the next week, but when you look at them ask yourself this: Do they help both teams? Teams only do deals they think get them closer to a goal.

Portland we know is looking to move Jamal Crawford and get something for him before he opted out this summer and walked away. Portland could use a point guard since Raymond Felton has not blown off anyone’s doors this season. On the other hand, Minnesota has point guards to spare but wants to add scoring punch to make a run into the playoffs (as of right now they are one game out of the last spot in the West).

Minnesota is “making a strong push” to get Crawford, Hoopsworld’s Alex Kennedy reports. How about Luke Ridnour for Crawford? That is one that ESPN’s Chad Ford suggested as possible in his weekly chat. It works in that it gives both teams something they need. Under the new CBA you can do that deal straight up, although Portland may want a second round pick or some other sweetener in the deal.

Not saying that exact deal is happening — Portland is going to have a few offers to sort through for Crawford — but Minnesota is a team to watch in the sweepstakes.

Ridnour or Barea for Crawford both work straight-up for Minnesota. If the Wolves can't get either of those deals done, would anyone be interested in trying to pick one of those guys up to help in the backcourt? My gut tells me that Minnesota would be more interested in trading Barea, because Ridnour has just been better most of the season and is more consistent.

Protected first or a couple of second-round picks for Barea, anyone?

Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbert View Post
    With Vogel and the others? Everyone here knows that? Where is the proof that this is actually true? There is nothing that confirms whether the meeting took place just that Bird plans to visit. I heard it never happened.
    Too lazy to look for a link, but it was Larry, Vogel & Brian Shaw. All 3 went. Mike Wells reported it, as did others.
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PacerGuy For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Here is the article from the beginning of free agency this past fall. Just to make sure nobody thinks we're meeting with Nene next week.

http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsi...eet-with-nene/

Bird to meet with Nene

Pacers president Larry Bird is about to go after one of the top free agents on the market.

Bird is scheduled to fly to Denver to meet with Nene on Tuesday, according to sources.

Monday was the first day that teams could talk to free agents.

The biggest question surrounding Nene is whether the Pacers, who will likely be around $21 million under the salary cap, are willing to pay top dollar to sign him.

Nene recently told Marc Spears of Yahoo! Sports that it’s “not about the money.”

“Right now I want to happy first,” Nene told Yahoo! Sports. “Two, I want to win. Money? Money, I am going to have because I worked and busted my butt. Money will come.”

The Pacers like Nene because he can play power forward and slide over to center when Roy Hibbert is on the bench.

Hibbert played the role of recruiter while working out with Nene in Texas during the lockout.

“I talked to him and told him how great the city is,” Hibbert said Sunday. “I was telling him we could work well together.”

The Houston Rockets met with Nene on Monday, according to the Houston Chronicle.

Nene averaged 14.5 points and 7.6 rebounds while shooting 62 percent from the field in 75 games last season

The Pacers had a phone conversation with power forward David West, who is coming off knee surgery, on Monday. The 31-year-old former All Star averaged 18.9 points and 7.6 rebounds in 70 games last season with the New Orleans Hornets.

Teams can’t sign or come to an agreement with free agents until Friday.

It says in fact that Hibbert made a pitch to Nene that they could play together. I couldn't find any reports that we offered Hibbert for sure.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to spreedom For This Useful Post:

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-chat-w...ng-greene-3712

Tony

Do you think that Indy and NO will revisit the Kaman trade before the deadline? Unfortunately Foster is totally broken down physically, Amundson is performing admirably but I think Kaman makes Hansbrough much more effective on the second unit.

Lang Greene

Yes, I think Kaman discussion are open for business from everything I’ve heard. I don’tg think Indiana is at the core of those discussions. The chirpring I’ve heard abnout the Pacers recently have all revolved around shooting guard help … not another center.
    Sittin on top of the world!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    Here is the article from the beginning of free agency this past fall. Just to make sure nobody thinks we're meeting with Nene next week.

http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsi...eet-with-nene/

It says in fact that Hibbert made a pitch to Nene that they could play together. I couldn't find any reports that we offered Hibbert for sure.
    That states they are scheduled to meet, not that they did meet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    Once again, this states that Bird was to meet with him, not that they did meet.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Nene's first meeting on Monday was with Houston and he met with Indiana officials on Tuesday. The Pacers -- who are also very interested in Memphis restricted free agent Marc Gasol, but are unlikely to pry the center away from the Grizzlies -- arrived with front-office members Larry Bird and David Morway as well as coach Frank Vogel and lead assistant Brian Shaw.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1oUbVOPn3

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

What about that period last fall makes you think they DIDN'T meet when they said they were going to? Aren't you arguing semantics?

Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar

I see someone beat me to one story, so here is another:

http://www.sbnation.com/2011-nba-fre...ers-nba-rumors
    A contingent from the Indiana Pacers visited unrestricted free agent center Nene on Tuesday, reports Sam Amick of SI.com
    Believe it now?
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerGuy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    Nene's first meeting on Monday was with Houston and he met with Indiana officials on Tuesday. The Pacers -- who are also very interested in Memphis restricted free agent Marc Gasol, but are unlikely to pry the center away from the Grizzlies -- arrived with front-office members Larry Bird and David Morway as well as coach Frank Vogel and lead assistant Brian Shaw.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1oUbVOPn3
    In addition, via Sam Amick's Twitter account the first day of free agency: https://mobile.twitter.com/sam_amick...54200111198208

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Professor S For This Useful Post:

RLeWorm

why are u guys bringing up old news? One person posting about it is good enough

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RLeWorm For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

22. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to 1984 For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    What about that period last fall makes you think they DIDN'T meet when they said they were going to? Aren't you arguing semantics?
    Lol, no I heard or read somewhere that the meeting was scheduled but we never visited. Since it was brought up I looked but couldnt find anything.

It makes sence to me, Harris+Milsap for DJ+DC? are you kidding me? where do I need to sign?
    That isn't news or a rumor.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    That isn't news or a rumor.
    It's an NBA writer answering a question, it's the same thing as Chad Ford's chat.

http://www.csnchicago.com/basketball-chicago-bulls/bulls-talk/Pacers-have-sights-set-on-Kaman?blockID=664910&feedID=10332

Pacers have sights set on Kaman

March 7, 2012, 9:03 am
    CHRISTOPHER CASON

With most of the trade talks of proficient big man centering around Orlando Magic’s Dwight Howard and Los Angeles Lakers’ Andrew Bynum, the center most likely to be dealt before or on the March 15 trade deadline isn’t receiving too much press but could help the right team.

According to the Indianapolis Star
    , the Indiana Pacers have their sights set on New Orleans Hornets’ Chris Kaman.

Kaman is averaging 12.1 points, 8.3 rebounds and 1.3 blocks in 27 minutes a night for New Orleans.

The league-owned Hornets are in rebuilding process, still awaiting a potential buyer and Kaman has a $14 million expiring contract, making him an attractive target for teams who are looking to clear cap space and also acquire the services of the nine-year center until seasons’ end.

After All-Star Roy Hibbert, the Pacers depth at the center position is thin as Jeff Foster has only played in 11 games this season -- dealing with reoccurring back issues -- so the interest in Kaman would be legit.

The Pacers also have $14.5 million in cap space, so adding Kaman wouldn’t hinder them going forward.

The concern for Indiana in being able to acquire Kaman remains what the Hornets would want back for less than half a season of Kaman.

Pacers President Larry Bird has stated that he liked the direction of the team, but wouldn’t hesitate to make a move to improve the team, but losing any core player from the young nucleus -- of Paul George, Darren Collison, Tyler Hansbrough and Hibbert -- without the return of a legitimate star is something that will probably impede any progress of talks between the two teams.

How good would the Pacers be if they acquired Chris Kaman?

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    How good would the Pacers be if they acquired Chris Kaman?

I'll tell you this... I don't know who our backup center even is, and I have our roster page up right now. And we're half a game out of third place.

I'd say that would make us pretty damn good. If we can swing a deal that lands a guy like Mayo while giving up little or none of our core.... wow. That would be exciting.

Edit: Also, I knew Kaman was playing pretty well, but I didn't know it was 12/8 good. That's hardly any drop off from the productivity we're getting from Roy. If he can be this player for another 2-3 years, that is a potent center rotation.
    Last edited by spreedom; 03-08-2012 at 01:43 AM.

It's an NBA writer answering a question, it's the same thing as Chad Ford's chat.
    Responding to nothing but a fan hypothetical and saying nothing to suggest there was anything actually real about it, hence not news or a rumor.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Banned
    Mood

One potential landing spot for Chris Kaman: Indiana Pacers | ProBasketballTalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Helin
    Officially, the New Orleans Hornets “remain open” to trading Chris Kaman, reports the Times-Picayune.

What that really means is they are going to trade Chris Kaman before the deadline.

The question is where. One possible answer is Indiana, according to the Indianapolis Star.

The Pacers have an All-Star center in Roy Hibbert but the depth drop off behind him is pretty steep. Jeff Foster was to be the man but he can’t stay healthy (played in just 11 games this season). That leaves Lou Amundson to masqurade as a five even though he is really a four.

The Pacers have $14.5 million in cap space so they can absorb Kaman’s contract easily (and they only have 13 guys on the roster). Kaman is in the final year of a $14 million deal, so he does not weigh down their books going forward.

The only question is how hard a deal the Hornets will drive and if the Pacers will pay the price. The Hornets shopped Kaman around before the All-Star break but were asking far more in return than any team was willing to pay. Since he has been put into the lineup Kaman has played well, but he still remains a rental and the Pacers have a starting center, so they are not going to give up much to get him.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-chat-w...ng-greene-3712
    ang Greene

Yes, I think Kaman discussion are open for business from everything I’ve heard. I don’tg think Indiana is at the core of those discussions. The chirpring I’ve heard abnout the Pacers recently have all revolved around shooting guard help … not another center.
    IF this is true.....my guess is that the Shooting Guard....or more "Combo Guard" in question is Jarrett Jack.
    Last edited by CableKC; 03-08-2012 at 02:43 AM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/stor...-garnett-ainge

There is the much-discussed possibility of trading point guard Rajon Rondo, whose reputation for stubbornness and clashes with coach Doc Rivers are well-known around the league. Even with that reputation, Rondo might already be the Celtics’ best player, a 26-year-old, three-time All Star. But league executives know that Ainge could be a motivated seller when it comes to Rondo, and there is little chance he will get fair value.

“There’s no way they’re going to get talent-for-talent in a Rondo deal,” one general manager told Sporting News. “There’s a perception that if Doc Rivers, who’s such a player’s coach, has had a hard time with him, my coach is going to have a worse time with him.”

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

The biggest piece of news in this thread so far? I've changed my avatar!

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joeyd For This Useful Post: