Page 12 of 76 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
Results 276 to 300 of 1900

Thread: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

  1. #276

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    If we're going the first-rounder-for-a-rental route, I'd much rather have Chris Kaman than Jamal Crawford.
    Last edited by Lance George; 03-08-2012 at 09:24 PM.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lance George For This Useful Post:


  3. #277
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    28
    Posts
    14,859

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we're going the first-rounder-for-a-rental route, I'd much, much, much rather have Chris Kaman than Jamal Crawford.
    I'd rather not go that route at all.

  4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  5. #278
    Member MiaDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1,483

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd rather not go that route at all.
    Id pass as well.

  6. #279
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,536

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm with you on Crawford. I like that guy. I think he would be a great fit on this team and I don't think he would cost very much to acquire. The problem there is what p4e (and probably others) have touched on: We had a chance to sign this guy outright and lost the bidding. Now we decide we want him and we actually have to trade legit pieces to get him? Ehh...it would not look good for the front office.
    I agree wholeheartedly

    but I think J Crawford will be VERY motivated to do well. Playoffs is where you really make your money, and if Jammal where to land here and have some big games, and cltuch moments in the playoffs, bet he would get more than 5 million per year next year

    Its a low risk , highh reward, with the biggest risk being will aquiring another player, especially one of J Crawford's pedigree, negitvely effect the chemistry?

    On the other hand what I have seen in the last two games , makes me say so what. Crawford plays every game like he cares, doesnt take plays off, but would be a liabilty on d at times
    Sittin on top of the world!

  7. #280
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,536

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is what I have a huge problem with. (Nothing against you 90's), I see this a lot on this thread and it's just wrong. Roy is currently ranked 15th in the NBA in rebounds and every single player (minus Cousins) that's ranked ahead of him averages at least 5 min or more a game than he does. He is also ranked 5th in Offensive Rebounds per game at 3.3 even with his low usage. He has improved rebounding every single year along with every other major category and aspect of his game. Roy currently is the 15th best rebounder in the league, better than more than 360+ of the players in the league.
    Nicely done, Hibbert has been a lot better this year, almost 10 a game. Im thinking back a year or so ago. Kaman is not a good rebounder for his size.

    I wonder what aquiring Kaman would do to Roy's psyche. Roy would say all the right things, but if Kaman were to come here and outplay Roy, then what?

    Kaman is a UFA next year, Roy a FA, so on the other hand, it could be extra motivation as both are looking for a big payday

    Would be an interesting scenerio to say the least
    Sittin on top of the world!

  8. #281
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,536

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Another point, if we had Crawford wouldn't that hurt our ability to resign Hill?

    I'd take Hill over 5 Crawfords.
    nope, could be perfect scenerio. Both are up for big paydays so that could be extra motivation. Same situation as Kaman/Roy

    Really it all comes down to how the players handle the competition. If they handle it as something that motivates even more tis a great thing, if their play gets worse because they go into a funk, then its was a bad move.
    Sittin on top of the world!

  9. #282
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,536

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-chat-w...rk-nugent-3812

    Mark Nugent

    First round picks are going to become like gold under this new CBA and I think GMs are realizing that.
    I believe this to be true. Thats why Im not giving up a first for J Crawford or Kaman
    Sittin on top of the world!

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:


  11. #283

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thinking about getting Crawford makes me want to puke.

    You guys think our team is inconsistent now, you think Danny is inconsistent. A lot of people here think Danny is a chucker with bad shot selection, wait till Crawford is here.

    Yes, but the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Don't look at the 20 games I posted of his poor shooting %, just believe he'll be the savior. Hm, I remember when there were many who thought Harrington coming back would be the savior too. How did that workout? 38 game rental is how that worked out. I'm not interested in a 20+ game rental of Chucker Crawford, especially for a #1 pick.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  13. #284
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,088

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    You only want to include a 1st for known good talent you can keep around. Though Kaman and Crawford both help this team, but both are only here half a season. Crawford has player option. Kaman unrestricted free agent.

    I think Pacers can find better assets for 1st round pick by waiting it out

  14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pwee31 For This Useful Post:


  15. #285
    You can call me Taz cinotimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,291

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Dont believe theres a team in the league that will give up a first rounder for Kaman or Crawford. Just sit back and wait. That capspace will look pretty attractive to someone...

  16. #286
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,613

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dont believe theres a team in the league that will give up a first rounder for Kaman or Crawford. Just sit back and wait. That capspace will look pretty attractive to someone...
    Well I can agree with that thinking, letting the market price fall.

    But I disagree on the knee-jerk league reaction to "first round picks are gold". Kaman isn't going to get overpaid disproportional to the 25th pick any more now than in the prior CBA. His market value is lower in keeping with the overall lower spending limits.


    You still have to be able to play the game, and I don't see where 1980 25th picks and 1990 25th picks and 2000 25th picks changed drastically in contributions to the NBA. It's highly unlikely that the lost 25th pick will have significant value over just paying a vet to do the same thing.

    Higher cost, less risk. The Pacers just did that with West (2 years for more money to reduce "bust" risk of 3 year deal).


    And look, when I was actively amateur scouting I was typically very bullish on talent in the post-20 range, but in every case this was as a BENCH player. Guys I wanted like Chalmers, Buddinger, S Young, Armon Johnson, James Anderson...typically these were 6-8th man targets.

    Those types will be in the FA market if you need to replace Kaman. Kaman or the FA replacement this summer will do more to fill the frontline need than that 22-25th pick will.

    Keep in mind that you trade a pick that is being set by how the team finishes AFTER they acquire Kaman, thus the 25th type ranking. If you get Kaman and the team busts then it's a failure, but that's the fault of the team at that point and requires more than a 12th pick to fix if it happens.



    But to the original point, it's still smarter to make sure you pay market value and not just throw in a 1st that no one else wants to, if that's the situation. I assume TPTB have a better sense of the market than we do.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:


  18. #287

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Apparently the Pacers aren't going to give a first rounder for Crawford, either.

  19. #288
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,613

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Harddrive7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Probably because we don't suck anymore
    I think he meant chatter overall. And I think the theory that the league is waiting on Dwight is probably accurate.


    BTW, if they are bent on getting Crawford and if the price is 1st + Price then that would explain no 1st for Kaman. To me that's a mistake, if I'm paying a 1st to rent then I think this team needs Kaman now more than Crawford.



    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Apparently the Pacers aren't going to give a first rounder for Crawford, either.
    Did you hear something?

  20. #289

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think he meant chatter overall. And I think the theory that the league is waiting on Dwight is probably accurate.


    BTW, if they are bent on getting Crawford and if the price is 1st + Price then that would explain no 1st for Kaman. To me that's a mistake, if I'm paying a 1st to rent then I think this team needs Kaman now more than Crawford.




    Did you hear something?
    Twitter
    https://twitter.com/#!/IamaGM

  21. #290
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like Bird.

    That is all.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:


  23. #291
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    14,837
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Harddrive7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Probably because we don't suck anymore
    WTH!!??? First a T3 sighting and now an HD7????


    I must be reverting to a younger time.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to indygeezer For This Useful Post:


  25. #292
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    14,837
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Rent a player for half a year at the cost of a 1st and you save that player's capspace AND the money allocated to a guaranteed contract of a 1st rounder. So, even more capspace over the summer?
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  26. #293
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,454

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rent a player for half a year at the cost of a 1st and you save that player's capspace AND the money allocated to a guaranteed contract of a 1st rounder. So, even more capspace over the summer?
    But, assuming we get a pick somewhere around 20, our first-rounder would only cost us around $1.5M. I'd guess that type of cap space is going to be pretty negligible, especially if we can draft a guy that fills a need.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to spreedom For This Useful Post:


  28. #294

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Keep seeing that Rondo could still be had. Would Boston take a DC, Hansbrough, future picks? Or maybe adding another piece not named Danny, Paul, Roy or David?
    Here we come lottery?

  29. #295
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,454

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Keep seeing that Rondo could still be had. Would Boston take a DC, Hansbrough, future picks? Or maybe adding another piece not named Danny, Paul, Roy or David?
    UNACCEPTABLE

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to spreedom For This Useful Post:


  31. #296
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    14,837
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Keep seeing that Rondo could still be had. Would Boston take a DC, Hansbrough, future picks? Or maybe adding another piece not named Danny, Paul, Roy or David?
    Aint gonna happen. You want quality...you gotta give quality.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  32. #297
    Member Hibbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Stay at ya mammy house
    Age
    31
    Posts
    976

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aint gonna happen. You want quality...you gotta give quality.
    Like when Philly traded Barkley to Phoenix for literally nothing?

  33. #298

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    I don't watch college basketball but I know everyone is raving about this draft class. Out first rounder for next year will end up being early to mid 20s, is there legitimate talent that far down?

  34. #299
    Danny Granger PowerRanger DGPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Whiteland, IN
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,949

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    I'm just waiting for OJ Mayo to the Pacers Part 6 to come around. Should be any time now.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to DGPR For This Useful Post:


  36. #300
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    3,671
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't watch college basketball but I know everyone is raving about this draft class. Out first rounder for next year will end up being early to mid 20s, is there legitimate talent that far down?
    Definitely, top 15 is a lot stronger though... would rather have Damian Lillard and his potential in the future rather than Jamal Crawford this year...
    Why so SERIOUS

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •