Page 11 of 76 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seems like a not so good trade for the Blazers..

I don't quite understand why the Blazers would do that..I could be wrong, but looking at their roster (and with Felton struggling) isn't Crawford their best guard? (I haven't really watched him, or the Blazers play)

I like AJ as well as anyone, and it looks like he'd be the primary backup, but isn't your best guard worth more than AJ and a 1st?

Hill and Crawford seem like they'd be a good backcourt. But my concern (and I haven't seen Crawford play, so I don't know) is once again the lack of PG issue. And, that those two will take playing time from PG.
    Crawford has been awful this year he has fit in terribly. Addition by subtraction for them he has been really bad and his defense is worse than it has been even in the past.

He is putting up decent numbers but a 40% shooter who takes awful shots doesnt fit in within what Nate McMillan does which is great defense and great shot selection and feeding the post they try to play smashmouth basketball as well and Crawford isnt a fit for that IMO.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    trading a 1st for Crawford would be insane when we could of got him last off season. **** we could of offered JR Smith a contract who is basically the same player.

Really if our FO did give a 1st I would question if they are sane.

Or how they are keeping their jobs.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors

From Mike Wells of the Indianapolis Star: "Keep an eye on Solomon Jones, who New Orleans didn't sign for rest of season, as a possible big man Pacers may look at to help at center."

The Pacers are also said to be after Chris Kaman as a possible addition at center, but as Wells also tweeted "they will not give up a first-round pick for his expiring contract" -- which could be a dealbreaker.

If the Hornets don't bend on asking price, it's possible Kaman may head elsewhere -- or remain in New Orleans -- which may make Jones the more feasible option.
    I'm a Beast

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PaulGeorge For This Useful Post:

I'm actually a little bit shocked at how little trade chatter there is this year.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    I'm actually a little bit shocked at how little trade chatter there is this year.
    I think it has to do with how late the deadline is. Getting a player and getting him to fit in will be quite the challenge with only 20+ games left.

Also some teams are waiting for Dwight. A team like the Pacers could facilitate a Dwight trade and get future picks for taking on a contract.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PaulGeorge View Post
    http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors

From Mike Wells of the Indianapolis Star: "Keep an eye on Solomon Jones, who New Orleans didn't sign for rest of season, as a possible big man Pacers may look at to help at center."

The Pacers are also said to be after Chris Kaman as a possible addition at center, but as Wells also tweeted "they will not give up a first-round pick for his expiring contract" -- which could be a dealbreaker.

If the Hornets don't bend on asking price, it's possible Kaman may head elsewhere -- or remain in New Orleans -- which may make Jones the more feasible option.
    Solo really c'mon man he does nothing to help us -Pendagraph

11. The Following User Says Thank You to granger4mvp For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BQQ View Post
    Ben Golliver ‏ @blazersedge
    League source: Reported Blazers / Pacers talks for Jamal Crawford are "legitimate." Portland asking for 2012 first & A.J. Price.
    Retweeted by Justin Beck
    I wouldn't do that... not worth it in my opinion...
    J-Craw back 4 years ago... yes for sure ... but nah, not now I wouldn't consider it unless it was a 2nd rd pick instead of a 1st, and even then I am not sure about JCraw anyore.. I used to love his ice-cold veins, but it seems like he chucks alot in his later years now..lol... Now if it were Mayo beying discussed for that same offer, I'd do that in a NY minute..

I don't think Crawford really helps us.
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    Does anyone here believe Atlanta would be willing to deal Smith to an Eastern Conference rival like us? I know someone above said they wouldn't break up our "core" for him, but seeing what a talent he is, I'd have to think long and hard about it.
    I have always held on to the belief that Teams do not trade "difference makers or Impact Players" to Teams that are in the same Conference ( hence one of the reasons why I don't think that the Magic will trade Dwight to NJ but to LaLaLand ).

IMHO....Josh Smith is on the lower end of the scale when it comes to "difference makers"...but is good enough that I can see reasons as to why they would not want to trade him to a Team like the Pacers unless there was some "over the top" offer.

Maybe Monta for Josh Smith may fit the bill? I don't know....either way, I don't see the Hawks trading him to the Pacers unless the Pacers made them an offer that they can't refuse.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    I swear that the last 7-10 posts about Crawford should be in green. AJ Price + 1st Round Pick in the 20s = No Brainer for me
    I would be extremely reluctant to give a 1st round pick for a Player that will likely opt out and test the FA market in the offseason.

I'm cool with a 2nd round pick and AJ....but no way on a 1st round pick in the early-20s.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    Now if it were Mayo beying discussed for that same offer, I'd do that in a NY minute..

I don't think Crawford really helps us.
    Difference to me is that Mayo will be a restricted FA at the end of the year. Crawford will be unrestricted when/if he opts out. Huge difference. Besides the fact that I like Mayo as a player better anyway.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    so wat makes u think he gets more money this offseason? doesn't make sense to me... i think he would be more than happy on the pacers
    From my understanding as to why he wanted a Player Option is because there is WAY MORE Free Agent $$$ to be spent in the 2012-2013 season then there was this season. The only reason why he got $5 mil was because there were few Teams that wanted to spend that much on him.

I'm making a total guess here....but I'm thinking that when Bird went to JCraw and offered a 2 year deal with no Player Option for $5 mil each season. If it was for more $$$, I could see him going with the Pacers....but I wouldn't be surprised if JCraw didn't want to be locked into a 2 year deal for $5 mil as opposed to going with the $5 mil deal with a Player Option in the 2nd year.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Those potential trades are all interesting... how will they impact their respective teams?

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I. . . Maybe Monta for Josh Smith may fit the bill? I don't know....either way, I don't see the Hawks trading him to the Pacers unless the Pacers made them an offer that they can't refuse.
    just a guess, but there will be quite a bit of this type of trade. my garbage out and your garbage in type of trade. teams want value for the guys they want to get rid of, but the guys they want to get rid of are flawed and not worth the price. the only way to get value for guys like ellis and smith are trade them for other guys that teams want to get rid of. i expect a lot of guys on the trade list to end up being traded for each other.

RLeWorm

booooooo Jamaal Crawford boooooo! why give up a first in a deep draft for a guy who didn't want to play with us in the beginning and going to opt out anyway. If he were good then why is Portland on a meltdown?

RLeWorm

I wouldn't mind doing Granger for Smith. Smith's game has grown so much. He would bring shot blocking that we need and then since West wouldn't want to come off the bench u see if u can trade him for a SF

I really, really like some of these guys that are available. I think Smith and Rondo in particular would be great fits for this team. I just don't think either of them can be had without giving up a significant piece or two.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RLeWorm View Post
    booooooo Jamaal Crawford boooooo! why give up a first in a deep draft for a guy who didn't want to play with us in the beginning and going to opt out anyway. If he were good then why is Portland on a meltdown?
    Deep draft? You will be surprised.....

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    Seems like a not so good trade for the Blazers..

I don't quite understand why the Blazers would do that..I could be wrong, but looking at their roster (and with Felton struggling) isn't Crawford their best guard? (I haven't really watched him, or the Blazers play)

I like AJ as well as anyone, and it looks like he'd be the primary backup, but isn't your best guard worth more than AJ and a 1st?

Hill and Crawford seem like they'd be a good backcourt. But my concern (and I haven't seen Crawford play, so I don't know) is once again the lack of PG issue. And, that those two will take playing time from PG.
    AJ is good enough not to have to throw in a first round pick. Portland probably knows they are not making the playoffs this year, and Crawford is probably gone. Felton is not the long term answer so get a decent back up PG ( wouldnt be suprised if given the chance, AJ did well there ala B Rush in Golden State)

By the way Sook, your UCONN boys put up a good fight today, really made the Orange sweat
    Sittin on top of the world!

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Honestly, some of you are sleeping on J Crawford. Yeah his numbers are bad, yeah he has flaws in his game, questionable shot selection

BUT

When we need a bucket late in the playoffs, that is where you would see his true value in my opinion

Dude has ice water in his veins. His game reminds me so much of Vinny Johnson (K Stat where ya at ?) Vinny was the "microwave" and J Smooth can heat up just as fast

I would happily roll with Solo and Crawford

Kaman would help with scoring, but he is even worse on the boards than Roy
    Sittin on top of the world!

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    Honestly, some of you are sleeping on J Crawford. Yeah his numbers are bad, yeah he has flaws in his game, questionable shot selection

BUT

When we need a bucket late in the playoffs, that is where you would see his true value in my opinion

Dude has ice water in his veins. His game reminds me so much of Vinny Johnson (K Stat where ya at ?) Vinny was the "microwave" and J Smooth can heat up just as fast

I would happily roll with Solo and Crawford

I'm with you on Crawford. I like that guy. I think he would be a great fit on this team and I don't think he would cost very much to acquire. The problem there is what p4e (and probably others) have touched on: We had a chance to sign this guy outright and lost the bidding. Now we decide we want him and we actually have to trade legit pieces to get him? Ehh...it would not look good for the front office.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post

This is what I have a huge problem with. (Nothing against you 90's), I see this a lot on this thread and it's just wrong. Roy is currently ranked 15th in the NBA in rebounds and every single player (minus Cousins) that's ranked ahead of him averages at least 5 min or more a game than he does. He is also ranked 5th in Offensive Rebounds per game at 3.3 even with his low usage. He has improved rebounding every single year along with every other major category and aspect of his game. Roy currently is the 15th best rebounder in the league, better than more than 360+ of the players in the league.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hibbert For This Useful Post:

If we did a granger for smith swap I think we should play smith at SF and have th biggest staring lineup in the league

DC 6 foot
    PG 6 9"
    Smith 6 9"
    west 6 9"
    Hibbert 7 2"

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Thinking about getting Crawford makes me want to puke.

You guys think our team is inconsistent now, you think Danny is inconsistent. A lot of people here think Danny is a chucker with bad shot selection, wait till Crawford is here.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hoop For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Probably because we don't suck anymore

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Another point, if we had Crawford wouldn't that hurt our ability to resign Hill?

I'd take Hill over 5 Crawfords.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoop For This Useful Post: