Page 31 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 775 of 1900

Thread: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

  1. #751
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by righteouscool View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why a shooting guard? There are two other spots on the roster that need more improvement.
    A couple things come to mind:

    1) Improving the 2 without trading away assets is probably a lot easier than improving the 1.

    2) By acquiring Courtney Lee, that would probably embolden Frank et al to put George Hill in at the starting 1, which in theory would strengthen BOTH point guard positions (because DC would then be a backup).

  2. #752
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Ken Berger - CBSSports.com Magic getting close to Dwight decision; Nets in lead

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Berger
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Orlando Magic are coming to grips with the reality that they will have to trade Dwight Howard before Thursday's 3 p.m. ET deadline, and Howard's preferred team -- the Nets -- are emerging as the most likely trade partner, league sources told CBSSports.com.

    Magic GM Otis Smith was taking calls Tuesday and trying to gage what the best offer will be in a potential Howard deal. No final decision has been made, and potential trade partners have not been apprised of what the Magic ultimately will do, sources said.

    Golden State and Houston remained the most serious so-called "rental" teams pursuing Howard and hoping to persuade him to commit to them, although numerous teams were circling with offers and making their due diligence calls about the premier center in the NBA. Given the risk of Howard leaving as a free agent after a trade, it would be even more risky for a new team to give up assets for Howard than it would be for Orlando to dare him to walk this summer.

    Nonetheless, Warriors owner Joe Lacob shot down a potential trade that would've sent Andrew Bogut from Milwaukee to Golden State and Monta Ellis to Orlando, sources told CBSSports.com Tuesday. The scenario was part of the Magic's efforts to acquire a top-flight talent in the hopes that Howard would stay, but Lacob wanted to preserve his own slim chances of getting Howard rather than help Orlando keep him.

    All signs continue to point to Howard, 26, wanting to land in Brooklyn next season with Deron Williams. "I think he wants that big market," said a person apprised of Howard's plans. Teams inquiring about Howard in recent days have been told, yet again, that his No. 1 choice is the Nets, who will open a new arena in Brooklyn next season.

    In terms of global marketing and exposure, Howard is said to have been convinced by his representation that "there's no place in the world he can do it like New York," according to a person briefed on his strategy. Part of the end game would be a contract renewal with Adidas -- a deal that, if Howard were in the New York market, is expected to exceed the approximately $200 million arrangement Derrick Rose recently signed with the shoe company.

    Howard's desire to land in Brooklyn defies the logic of several rival general managers and at least one prominent agent who continue to believe that the Dallas Mavericks should not be ruled out as a landing spot for both Howard and Williams after July 1. The Mavs would have to slash their payroll to the bone, ridding themselves of Brendan Haywood, Shawn Marion, Lamar Odom and Vince Carter in order to come close to enough room to sign two max players. But as one prominent agent said of Mavs owner Mark Cuban: "He's a smart guy. He'll figure it out."

    The Lakers were the third team that Howard's agent, Dan Fegan of Lagadere Unlimited, was given permission to speak with about a trade before the season. They remain on the periphery and shouldn't be ruled out from re-entering the fray over the next 48 hours, sources said.

    Still, it appears that the only thing Howard wants more than Brooklyn is the chance to go there as a free agent without the team giving up assets to acquire him. The Nets likely would surrender a package centered around 7-footer Brook Lopez, promising rookie MarShon Brooks and some filler to account for taking on the contract of Magic swingman Hedo Turkoglu, who is guaranteed $18 million over the next two seasons. The Nets have two first-round picks to offer -- their own, and Houston's, which is top-14 protected in each of the next five drafts.

    Meanwhile, the Nets are aggressively exploring potential payroll-shedding deals in the event the Magic hang onto Howard and New Jersey can get him as a free agent in July. A fairly minor deal for an expiring contract would free up enough room to pair Howard with Williams and re-sign Lopez, who is set to become a restricted free agent July 1.

  3. #753

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree with that the Bulls have some of the best ball movement in the NBA I really like the offense Tibs runs.
    Dwight isn't really the kind of player who would thrive in a ball-movement offense, imo. He's best utilized if he's being set up by the PG (or whoever the primary shot creator is) or if he's fed the ball in the post.

  4. #754
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Chicago Bulls working to acquire Pau Gasol from Los Angeles Lakers, sources say - ESPN

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Stein
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Chicago Bulls are exploring avenues to acquire Los Angeles Lakers forward Pau Gasol before Thursday's trade deadline, according to sources close to the situation.

    The Bulls have long hoped to wedge themselves into the trade running for Orlando Magic star Dwight Howard, but sources told ESPN.com that Howard's well-chronicled lack of interest in a trade to Chicago has prompted the Bulls to switch their focus to Gasol in advance of Thursday's 3 p.m. deadline.

    Sources say that the Lakers, however, have limited interest in the players Chicago would be offering, starting with Bulls forward Carlos Boozer.

    So the Bulls would have to recruit at least one more team to the discussions to have any shot at Gasol, sources said, with the Lakers known to be insistent on getting back at least one certifiable star if they consent to the trade the Spaniard. Sources say that the Lakers, furthermore, continue to talk to other teams about Gasol in advance.

    The Lakers' longstanding preference, of course, is acquiring a top point guard if they agree to surrender Gasol. L.A. included the 7-footer in the December deal with New Orleans and Houston that would have landed Chris Paul with the Lakers, only for NBA commissioner David Stern -- acting as the final decision-maker for the league-owned Hornets -- to tell New Orleans' basketball people to cancel the deal after all three teams agreed to terms.

    Gasol has been subjected to constant trade speculation ever since and recently acknowledged to ESPN.com that "there's no guarantees" he'll be with the Lakers beyond the trading deadline despite recent assurances from Lakers management that no deal was imminent.

    The Rockets continue to have interest in Gasol but have consistently refused to make point guard Kyle Lowry available in talks with the Lakers. Golden State and Minnesota are also known to have interest in trading Gasol if the Lakers prove willing.

    Before the All-Star Game, Lakers guard Kobe Bryant registered a public plea to team officials for clarification on Gasol's tenuous future, saying that "it's hard for [Gasol] to kind of invest himself completely ... when he's hearing trade talk every other day." Gasol has since acknowledged that he's well aware he'll be subjected to speculation, even if he survives in L.A. through this deadline, after his near-trade to Houston before the season started.

    Asked how much he's looking forward to getting past Thursday, Gasol recently told ESPN.com: "When that day comes along and nothing happens, I know for sure I'll have the security that I will be here at least for this season. After that? Who knows? Obviously it'll be an important day in order just to put everything behind me for another month or two or three."

    ESPN.com reported last month that the Bulls are shocked and frustrated that Howard has not included them on his publicly known list of teams to which he'd welcome a trade, which is headlined by the New Jersey Nets and Dallas Mavericks and originally included the Lakers as well. The Bulls naturally relish the idea of pairing Howard with star guard Derrick Rose, but it's believed that Howard's primary reservation about a trade to Chicago is that the Bulls are clearly Chicago native Rose's team. Going to the Brooklyn-bound Nets, by contrast, would not only put Howard in a major market but also give him a larger share of the spotlight alongside Nets guard Deron Williams.

    Howard's interest the Lakers has waned for similar reasons, with sources close to the 26-year-old saying that he has grown increasingly sensitive to suggestions that he is following Shaquille O'Neal's career path too closely and has thus prefers to wind up with either New Jersey or Dallas.

    The Bulls' primary need remains backcourt scoring thanks to a succession of injuries suffered by newcomer Rip Hamilton, but team officials have quietly maintained an interest in acquiring an elite big man such as Howard or Gasol to try to ease the nightly load Rose carries. Rose became the youngest MVP in NBA history last season but couldn't overcome the suffocating attention he received from the Miami Heat in last spring's Eastern Conference finals, raising concerns that Chicago -- despite its league-leading 35-9 record -- will face the same issues this postseason.

  5. #755

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2 great finds thanks! i would hate helping the bulls but maybe we should jump in and try to get taj somehow

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:


  7. #756
    Member Hibbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Stay at ya mammy house
    Age
    32
    Posts
    976

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    This isn't any rumor just quotes from M. Ellis and some other Warriors. Very unhappy in GS. Interesting. http://www.hoopsworld.com/2012-nba-trade-deadline-diary

    Bill Ingram – 03/13/12 4:55 p.m. EST

    The wheels appear to be coming off the machine in Oakland, where a number of Golden State Warriors players took some time after shootaround to talk about how much they would like to be on another team.

    “I probably could go to Orlando or Chicago and get a championship,” Ellis said. “But if they don’t move me, what can I do? Hopefully — if they don’t move me — they get somebody in here so we can win and I don’t have to go through this every year.”

    Tim Kawakami tweets that Andris Biedrins and Dorell Wright intimated they would also be fine with a trade.

    Perhaps the Monta Ellis to Orlando talks might get started up again, given Ellis’ clear desire to get out of town.

  8. #757
    Member Hibbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Stay at ya mammy house
    Age
    32
    Posts
    976

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2 great finds thanks! i would hate helping the bulls but maybe we should jump in and try to get taj somehow
    It wouldnt be Taj, it would be Boozer. No thanks.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hibbert For This Useful Post:


  10. #758

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It wouldnt be Taj, it would be Boozer. No thanks.
    no boozer would go to LA, Taj to use and Pau to chicago.... then trow some pacers players and some other people in and u have a good deal

  11. #759
    '12 PD Sunshiner awardee Kemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A-Town , Indiana
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,968

    Talking Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and also more ball touches.

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:


  13. #760

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    If Dwight goes to LA..... i would be happy....get him out of the EC

    NBA PM: Lakers Back in Howard Talks?
    By Alex Raskin
    Senior NBA Writer
    Remember when it seemed the Orlando Magic were completely uninterested in acquiring center Andrew Bynum and power forward Pau Gasol in exchange for Dwight Howard? Well things change, according to Sporting News NBA writer Sean Deveney.

    Sources have told Deveney that the Magic want the Lakers to get back in on the Howard circus because they haven’t been seeing any trade offers that they like more than the one Los Angeles served up a few months back.

    As we’ve written here at HOOPSWORLD, Orlando would prefer to bring in another piece to entice Howard to stay (specifically, opt in to the final year of his contract), but they’re also keeping some trade offers for Howard in their back pocket if and when the time comes to trade the big guy.

    Deveney wrote that, unless the Magic see something better than a package built around Nets center Brook Lopez, they could revert back to the Lakers offer and send Howard to Los Angeles. Of course, L.A. would probably want some assurance that Howard would re-sign.

    Meanwhile, the Nets are in an enviable position. They can sit and wait to see if anyone beats their trade offer, and if that doesn’t happen, they could wait and just try to acquire Howard this summer as a free agent while possibly retaining Lopez as well (or using him in a sign and trade deal for another asset).

  14. #761
    Eating some cranbaisins The Sleeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lafayette, IN
    Posts
    940

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    no boozer would go to LA, Taj to use and Pau to chicago.... then trow some pacers players and some other people in and u have a good deal
    The reason the Lakers are looking for a third team is because they don't want Boozer.

    Sources say that the Lakers, however, have limited interest in the players Chicago would be offering, starting with Bulls forward Carlos Boozer.

    So the Bulls would have to recruit at least one more team to the discussions to have any shot at Gasol, sources said

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Sleeze For This Useful Post:


  16. #762

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    So wells is saying we're leaning on not making a move great lets just let everyone around us get better and sit there and watch TURIBLE move

  17. #763
    Expect Delays blanket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,810

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    http://www.hoopsworld.com/2012-nba-trade-deadline-diary

    Bill Ingram – 03/13/12 4:35 p.m. EST

    The love affair between the Houston Rockets and Kevin Martin continues to be on-again-off-again, and now it’s more off than on. Martin, according to a source close to the Rockets shooting guard, is tired of being pushed out of the rotation to make way for Courtney Lee. He and Lee are quite close, but Martin has had enough of head coach Kevin McHale’s unexplained rotations. Terrence Williams expressed similar frustrations over the weekend in talking with HOOPSWORLD’s Alex Raskin.

    The word out of Houston is that they prefer to keep Kevin and may look to move Courtney Lee, whose agent asked for a trade over a month ago. Of course, the New Orleans Hornets have interest in Martin and would likely send Chris Kaman out in a deal. They know they’re losing Kaman anyway.

    As for Courtney Lee, the Chicago Bulls, Los Angeles Clippers, Minnesota Timberwolves and Indiana Pacers have all been linked to talks about Lee, and any of those could still be in the running.

    The bigger picture in Houston – according to Martin’s camp – is that Rockets players are rapidly tiring of McHale, as well as GM Daryl Morey. Either one of both could be on the outs if Houston can’t get this thing turned around in a significant way before the end of the season.
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

  18. #764
    Member Hibbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Stay at ya mammy house
    Age
    32
    Posts
    976

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Dwight goes to LA..... i would be happy....get him out of the EC
    Grown man baby Howard doesn't want to go to Lakers so not gonna happen.

  19. #765

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by blanket View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i would love getting lee.... like Hicks said earlier...that might mean Hill will start then DC and lee off the bench

  20. #766
    Eating some cranbaisins The Sleeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lafayette, IN
    Posts
    940

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Everybody that is hitting refresh on the rumor sites waiting to see the Pacers name can stop until Thursday. The Pacers are in the position of facilitating trades or taking on salary dumps. If we signed Kaman today(and used most of our cap) then we would take ourselves out of the facilitating role we could play in a Howard trade, or trades that need a third team.

    That is why it is the smart move to wait until the deadline day so that we leave ourselves available to be that facilitator to whatever comes about. Then if nothing happens we go get Kaman or a possible PG trade right before the deadline.

  21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The Sleeze For This Useful Post:


  22. #767
    Boom Baby! QuickRelease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,750

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i would love getting lee.... like Hicks said earlier...that might mean Hill will start then DC and lee off the bench
    I'd really like to see a backcourt of Hill and Lee! Would we be better off bringing George off the bench like San Anton does with Manu, and using DC as a backup?
    That fixes the bench issue doesn't it?

  23. #768

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Dwight Howard would like to be traded to the New Jersey Nets. According to a report, his current team, the Orlando Magic, is starting to understand they will have to make that happen.

    The Orlando Magic are coming to grips with the reality that they will have to trade Dwight Howard before Thursday's 3 p.m. ET deadline, and Howard's preferred team -- the Nets -- are emerging as the most likely trade partner, league sources told CBSSports.com. (via CBS Sports)

    According to multiple reports, Howard not only wants a move to the Nets, he would like New Jersey to be able to keep key players such as Deron Williams. The Magic would like to deal Howard to the Lakers, although the All-Star center does not want to go to L.A. In addition, the Lakers would not likely give up a better player than Andrew Bynum in a trade with Orlando (via Pro Basketball Talk).

    The Nets are also considering moves to reduce their payroll in case they have to wait until the summer to try to get Howard as a free agent.
    http://newyork.sbnation.com/new-jers...s-andrew-bynum

  24. #769

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We will still have cap space heading into the draft and there will be far more opportunitys available then. I would wait till the draft and make a move that is when teams are most active and we could take back a contract and a pick or get another great asset.
    Completely agree. The draft is the time frame when the teams over the luxury tax are literally just days away from the financial reckoning of being so.

    It's also when teams will decide to try to get into the free agent derby and will need to shed salary to do so.

  25. #770

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and also more ball touches.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Doddage For This Useful Post:


  27. #771
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    The Nets are also considering moves to reduce their payroll in case they have to wait until the summer to try to get Howard as a free agent.
    Memo Okur for a 2nd?
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  28. #772
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,540

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Okur is done for the season, I'm pretty sure.

  29. #773
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Okur is done for the season, I'm pretty sure.
    So can he not be traded? We could probably re sign him for cheap.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  30. #774
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,540

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    He can be, but why would we give up a 2nd for someone who can't play?

  31. #775

    Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So can he not be traded? We could probably re sign him for cheap.
    so trade a 2nd round pick for a guy that may never play for us???.....pass

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •