Page 2 of 76 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Trade RUMOURS and NEWS thread March 2012

Ford: Timberwolves Talking With Blazers; Pacers Eye Crawford?

A couple of NBA trade rumor notes from a Chad Ford chat at ESPN.com, including buzz surrounding Portland Trail Blazers guard Jamal Crawford...
    ---------------------------
    David Kahn really wants this [Timberwolves] team to make the playoffs. Whether that's [Michael] Beasley, [Luke] Ridnour or even someone like Derrick Williams, I think they make a move ... [Jamal] Crawford can opt out of his deal this summer so he won't cost much. I think the Blazers and Wolves are talking about a swap for [Luke] Ridnour.

On the Indiana Pacers

I don't think they are actively trying to shake up the team. [Chris] Kaman and [O.J.] Mayo, however, are both players they're interested in. Jamal Crawford as well.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to diamonddave00 For This Useful Post:

I would love to have Mayo, Crawford or Kaman added to this team... We can't give up much for them other than money though.

Unless we make seperate moves to fill in the holes.

It will be interesting if they keep losing up to the deadline, its possible. Not that Bird would make a knee-jerk reaction, but if he sees they aren't playoff ready and he can add a piece, I'm not sure the whole idea that they want to stay put is as a sure thing as it was coming off a 6 game win streak.

I do see the Crawford and Mayo thing in play, again. Morway/Bird find guys they like and don't seem to waiver. I'm not sure either guy is the answer here, honestly.

They really miss Jeff Foster and need another big, imo. Maybe a more accurate statement is they miss Tyler Hansbrough.

I think AJs minutes start to go away and we'll see a tigher rotation featuring more George Hill. They did that last night, it seemed. I'm fine with more George Hill as he rounds back into form, I'd like to see them pick up another rotation big.

Nothing against Lou, love the guy, but I'm not sure he's an every night guy, not unles we get back Tyler from this time last year. When Tyler is not giving them what he did last year, Lou's minutes become more difficult to swallow, imo. Kamen would be a really nice fit, unless someone locates Tylers game, then I think they are good.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

RLeWorm

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddave00 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ford: Timberwolves Talking With Blazers; Pacers Eye Crawford?

A couple of NBA trade rumor notes from a Chad Ford chat at ESPN.com, including buzz surrounding Portland Trail Blazers guard Jamal Crawford...
    ---------------------------
    David Kahn really wants this [Timberwolves] team to make the playoffs. Whether that's [Michael] Beasley, [Luke] Ridnour or even someone like Derrick Williams, I think they make a move ... [Jamal] Crawford can opt out of his deal this summer so he won't cost much. I think the Blazers and Wolves are talking about a swap for [Luke] Ridnour.

On the Indiana Pacers

I don't think they are actively trying to shake up the team. [Chris] Kaman and [O.J.] Mayo, however, are both players they're interested in. Jamal Crawford as well.
    ewwww, i don't want crawford. Was happy as hell when he chose portland. Look what he has done for them. NOTHING.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RLeWorm For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm fully expecting the next round of "O.J. Mayo to the Pacers" to start up any day now. I'm being completely serious.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

I'm glad Able started this thread.

We need a trade thread linked to viable rumors with documented links.

That said, I think there is also room for a wild rumor thread with no documentation, and I wish it weren't buried in the trade forum. I wish the other thread were re-opened. It especially makes sense during the next two weeks when so much discussion revolves around potential trades.

And let's not forget, Uncle Buck trumped all the "insiders" and legitimate rumor makers a few years back when he proposed we pick up Marquis Daniels. What's he do, sell insurance?

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    I'm fully expecting the next round of "O.J. Mayo to the Pacers" to start up any day now. I'm being completely serious.
    For what it's worth; If we somehow got Mayo, I'd have to think he'd have to come to Indy feeling pretty good that Larry Bird thinks that highly of him to attempt to trade for him on 3 separate occasions.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

My guess is that it will come down to the Teams that have the Capspace to absorb Mayo outright.....so that leaves the Cavs, Kings and Pacers.

I can see the Cavs being interested in him...the Kings..not so much.

The question to JCRaw or Mayo is whether you'd be willing to give up a 1st round pick for him.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

I'm hoping we can actually get Mayo this time and I wouldn't be surprised if Bird does try to get him for a 3rd time.

However, I'll believe it when I see it.

Sports Logo

BTW....the Grizzlies are at $70 mil. What's the LT set at?

Is it $69 mil?

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Is Mayo actually available? I thought last I heard was he was actually settling in the bench role and playing well for the Grizz

17. The Following User Says Thank You to rel For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    The other thread degenerated into proposed trades and lots of commentary on them instead of being published rumors and articles and associated commentary.

This thread right after you made this post jumped into wanting Humphries. Where is that rumor as I haven't seen one?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rel View Post
    Is Mayo actually available? I thought last I heard was he was actually settling in the bench role and playing well for the Grizz

He is. He's usually the 1st off the bench. I'm not saying it's impossible to get Mayo, but with the way he's playing it will be hard to get him for just Cap Space only. If they indeed decide to move him, I expect Memphis to ask for a 1st and/or plus.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This thread right after you made this post jumped into wanting Humphries. Where is that rumor as I haven't seen one?
    Yep this thread is the same as the other thread

Why hasn't anyone mentioned Lamar Odom? Yes I know what his situation is like but that's why I would be interested cause he could be had for cheap. He does have an additional year on his salary after this year I do believe but we could take on his salary in full and still have room to resign Roy and Hill. If he doesn't work out after the year than he is an expiring contract we can offer up in a trade and teams would be interested. Has he been mentioned in any rumors as to the Mavs are looking/willing to deal him?

Banned
    Mood

Mayo's not playing much different than he was last year, with nearly the exact same minutes. If they were willing to part with him last season and this past offseason, I'm not sure why they wouldn't be now.

The only things I can think of is that they thought Xavier Henry would be an adequate replacement, but with him now gone, they need to keep Mayo. I have a hard time believing they saw that much in Henry after his terrible rookie season. Also, they've brought in Mo Speights, so the need for another big is diminished.

Can someone explain to me how our cap space and when a players contracts when the come over work....

For example if we have 14 mil and we get kaman who's contract is 14 mil bug has already been paid some money already so do we 0 cap left or do we have the remainder of his money given and money not. Lemm just show it not to confuse ones

14 mil in cap space Minus
    8/14 mil given to kaman this season
    8 mil remaining in cap after absorbing the contract

Hope this makes sense

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    Yep. Hope springs eternal *sigh*
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 3 8 thee great t h View Post
    Can someone explain to me how our cap space and when a players contracts when the come over work....

For example if we have 14 mil and we get kaman who's contract is 14 mil bug has already been paid some money already so do we 0 cap left or do we have the remainder of his money given and money not. Lemm just show it not to confuse ones

Hope this makes sense
    So you're asking if we get Kaman, would we absorb his pro-rated contract, taking into account what he has already been paid, thus leaving the difference as usable cap space for this season? If so, the answer is ..... I don't know.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    The other thread degenerated into proposed trades and lots of commentary on them instead of being published rumors and articles and associated commentary.
    The proposed trades on that other thread were related to the rumors posted on the thread, I don't see what is the big deal.

Banned

It makes sence to me, Harris+Milsap for DJ+DC? are you kidding me? where do I need to sign?

Steve Kyler‏@stevekylerNBAReply

RT @bamaben4: Does Darren Collison & Dahntay Jones for Milsap & Devin Harris make sense for either or both teams? ---> Not for Indy.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    It makes sence to me, Harris+Milsap for DJ+DC? are you kidding me? where do I need to sign?
    Holy crap, I'd do that!
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Banned
    Mood

That would be thievery on our part. I don't think Utah's management is that stupid.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    So you're asking if we get Kaman, would we absorb his pro-rated contract, taking into account what he has already been paid, thus leaving the difference as usable cap space for this season? If so, the answer is ..... I don't know.
    My guess is that his whole contract would impact the Salary Cap ( as in $12 mil ) will appear and count towards the 2012-2013 year...but however much he has played and how much he is actually owed ( let's say $6 mil is still owed for the 30+ games he has to play )...will be paid by the Pacers.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by 3 8 thee great t h View Post

Hope this makes sense
    The remainder of his contract of 14mil has to be paid by the receiving team.
    The 14mil salary goes against the cap, so the Pacers cap would be gone for the remainder of the season if all they do is get Kaman and no out going players are involved.

One catch tho, his original salary was 12.7mil when he got traded to Hornets he got an additional 1.3mil in a trade clause he had. For my understanding the trade clause does not go against the overall salary cap when he went to the Hornets. So he was traded to the Hornets at a 12.7mil salary. If he is traded to the Pacers it is now the full 14mil.

Hope this helps!

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."