Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: So, what about Kirk Hinrich?

  1. #1
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,002

    Sports Logo

    Default So, what about Kirk Hinrich?

    So, since we covered our need for a 5th big why not covering our need for a PG that can distribute and defend?

    Kirk has playoff experience, can defend, can shoot and he can also distribute the ball quite well. He also offers leadership and fiestyness.

    Here's a Hinrich mix:



    And here's him getting fiesty:



    beast23, ask and you shall receive

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: So, what about Kirk Hinrich?

    Is he a free agent? if the answer is no, then is to soon for this.

  3. #3
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,002

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: So, what about Kirk Hinrich?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is he a free agent? if the answer is no, then is to soon for this.
    He isn't but I had to do this for the fella who asked it

  4. #4
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,271
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    No. Just no.


    Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  5. #5

    Default Re: So, what about Kirk Hinrich?

    He's more SG than PG. Pacers have enough of those now. Pass.

    I'd by far rather have Dragic or Jack.

    Tonights stats
    Dragic 17/3/9
    Jack 17/4/9
    Last edited by Justin Tyme; 03-22-2012 at 10:06 PM.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  7. #6
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,002

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: So, what about Kirk Hinrich?

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's more SG than PG. Pacers have enough of those now. Pass.

    I'd by far rather have Dragic or Jack.

    Tonights stats
    Dragic 17/3/9
    Jack 17/4/9
    I'd prefer Dragic as well, personally.

    That said, Kirk would be a good option if he was a FA. Still, I had to do this after my wish about Fesenko became reality

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  9. #7
    Born ready? TheDavisBrothers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Davenport, IA
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,478
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So, what about Kirk Hinrich?

    You should add, "in the offseason," to the end of the title to avoid confusion...

  10. #8
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,002

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: So, what about Kirk Hinrich?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDavisBrothers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You should add, "in the offseason," to the end of the title to avoid confusion...
    Yeah, probably. I just tried to model it after my Fesenko thread

  11. #9
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: So, what about Kirk Hinrich?

    I would say that Dragic, Jack, and Kirk are good secondary options for us, but our eyes should be on the prize, and that prize is either the long-shot that is Deron Williams or Steve Nash.

    Chauncey Billups, Raymond Felton, and Andre Miller could be darkhorse options as well for us. All are better than Darren for this group.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:


  13. #10
    Born ready? TheDavisBrothers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Davenport, IA
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,478
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So, what about Kirk Hinrich?

    Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would say that Dragic, Jack, and Kirk are good secondary options for us, but our eyes should be on the prize, and that prize is either the long-shot that is Deron Williams or Steve Nash.

    Chauncey Billups, Raymond Felton, and Andre Miller could be darkhorse options as well for us. All are better than Darren for this group.
    He's been mentioned before and I must say, I would really like Andre Miller on our team (odviously only after we tried our hardest to get Deron or Nash)

    I DO NOT WANT FELTON THO...

  14. #11
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,554

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So, what about Kirk Hinrich?

    Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would say that Dragic, Jack, and Kirk are good secondary options for us, but our eyes should be on the prize, and that prize is either the long-shot that is Deron Williams or Steve Nash.

    Chauncey Billups, Raymond Felton, and Andre Miller could be darkhorse options as well for us. All are better than Darren for this group.

    How long has it been since you've seen Raymond Felton play?

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spreedom For This Useful Post:


  16. #12
    Member Derek2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Posts
    1,580
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So, what about Kirk Hinrich?

    Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would say that Dragic, Jack, and Kirk are good secondary options for us, but our eyes should be on the prize, and that prize is either the long-shot that is Deron Williams or Steve Nash.

    Chauncey Billups, Raymond Felton, and Andre Miller could be darkhorse options as well for us. All are better than Darren for this group.
    No shot on Chauncey, from what I remember he was mad about the Clippers picking him up off Amnesty waivers.

    I forget where he wanted to go, but I'd expect Miami/LA or something.

    I can't stand Felton or Miller, as AM is way over the hump. Has absolutely no quickness, less lift than ever, and isn't moving the ball like he used to. Felton is a joke, a mutineer in Portland. No thanks, I don't want an overweight guard that only produced when playing in a run and gun offense.

    Dragic would be incredible, but I'd be absolutely stunned if Houston let him get away. He's a great guard, compliments Lowrey very well.

    What about Aaron Brooks?

  17. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,654

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So, what about Kirk Hinrich?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He isn't but I had to do this for the fella who asked it
    Lol. Thanks, I thought you might be a good luck charm to magically assist a decent PG arriving this summer.

    It really isn't the time to talk about players that we might want this summer. It probably would be a much better idea to talk in generalities about what our needs are and the"type of player" that might be able to fill those needs, but like a lot of other folks, most of the time I just can't help myself.

    First off, I think folks need to take a reality check and give up on the dream of getting Deron Williams. He isn't coming here this summer.... period. You really think that Williams is going to give up a 17.7M player option to sign a contract with the Pacers to play for the dollars that Bird/Morway would be willing to pay him?

    If you do, then I just don't think you quite get what it means to be a small market team. Or, haven't you considered that once we re-sign Roy, next years contracts will look like this:

    Granger 13M
    West 10M
    Hibbert 10M+

    That's 33M for 3 players and we haven't even discussed Hill, Barbosa and Amundson yet.

    Now let's add in 15M or so for Williams and project him out for about 4 years. Next year's salary is now 48M without touching the other free agents and seeking other players to fill out the roster. And, unless Fesenko miraculously works out and can be re-signed for cheap, we haven't even begun to address our backup center needs for the off season.

    The only possible way of bringing in a salary as big as what Williams will be is by pushing Granger or West out the door in the exchange or in another deal that does not return much salary. You don't dump either player because that simply plugs one hole (PG) and creates another (SF or PF) because we don't have another starting quality PF on the roster and Paul George, despite our deepest wishes, is simply not ready to replace Granger at the SF position.

    So, my suggestion would be to acquire a PG that makes us better without breaking the bank. Personallly, I would obtain one that is a distributor/defender.

    I've always loved Nash, but would probably be just as big a liability defensively as he is an asset offensively and quite frankly, I've seen enough of what that has caused for our big men for the better part of the last decade. But still, I wouldn't be opposed to taking Nash if he fell into our laps... I respect his offensive game that much.

    I believe Jack is an excellent choice. Although he will never considered to be among the top PGs in the league, he can penetrate, distribute and shoots okay, but even more importantly he defends at a high level. I believe he would be a very good fit with our team, even if he were to play with our second unit.

    Someone said Hinrich is more of an SG than a PG. Actually, he is one of the few backcourt players in the league that I would argue is a true combo-guard. He is very capable at both positions, which I believe would make him even more versatile when paired with George or Hill.

    I'm embarrassed to say that I just don't know enough about Dragic. However, I will say that I can no longer be impressed by statistics, so the stats quoted for him simply do not impress me. Why, you ask? Because a couple of years ago, I was watching Collinson start 39 games while filling in for Paul. He had an average of 17/3/9. Sound familiar? I was one of the biggest supporters for getting him. He was proven at the pick and roll and seemed to be a good distributor. Unfortunately, after a couple of years, I've concluded that he is just not a good fit with our starters, particularly Hibbert.

    So, I would ask those more familiar with Dragic. Without attempting to wow everyone with statistics, what makes you conclude that he would be a good fit with our first unit? And, in light of his present success in the starting lineup, is it possible that we would be forced to buy high in order to obtain him?

    Just asking, because I'm convinced that Jack and Hinrich would be good fits and seem to have the qualities that we need. And either would come at a reasonable price.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:


  19. #14

    Default Re: So, what about Kirk Hinrich?

    Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    I'm embarrassed to say that I just don't know enough about Dragic. However, I will say that I can no longer be impressed by statistics, so the stats quoted for him simply do not impress me. starters, particularly Hibbert.

    So, I would ask those more familiar with Dragic. Without attempting to wow everyone with statistics, what makes you conclude that he would be a good fit with our first unit? And, in light of his present success in the starting lineup, is it possible that we would be forced to buy high in order to obtain him?

    Read posts #43 & #53 in the "Early look at top Free Agents 2012-ESPN Insider

    I believe these posts will tell you what you want to know about Dragic.

    We all know I'm a fan of Jack who has always felt it was a mistake to have let him leave. I'd be more than happy to see him return. 5.5 mil is an extremely reasonable price for a starting PG who is not on a rookie contract. At the same time, can the Pacers afford to pay him after next year as he'll want a sizeable pay increase?

    IMO, this will be Hinrich's last contract. He's being paid 8.1 mil this year, so I feel he's going to want the same type money. I find it hard to see how you can have 3 players that are combo guards in Hill, Barbosa, and Hinrich all wanting new contracts in the 7 mil price range. With Hinrich's age at 32, I don't see paying that type money to him for the next 3-4 years. I don't see it as a prudent move.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  21. #15
    A happy Roy is a good Roy DaveP63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Farmerstucky
    Posts
    1,228

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So, what about Kirk Hinrich?

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We all know I'm a fan of Jack who has always felt it was a mistake to have let him leave. I'd be more than happy to see him return. 5.5 mil is an extremely reasonable price for a starting PG who is not on a rookie contract. At the same time, can the Pacers afford to pay him after next year as he'll want a sizeable pay increase?
    Yes
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...nce-stephenson
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetime’s worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."

Similar Threads

  1. Chicago Bulls' Kirk Hinrich hopes to play Friday; Luol Deng closer [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-31-2010, 03:50 PM
  2. Chicago Bulls' Kirk Hinrich says he didn't intend to bump referee [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-14-2010, 03:50 PM
  3. Chicago Bulls' Kirk Hinrich suspended for touching referee [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-13-2010, 08:20 PM
  4. Kirk Hinrich headed to Portland?
    By Trophy in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-25-2009, 03:30 PM
  5. Kirk Hinrich or draft a point guard
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 135
    Last Post: 05-29-2008, 12:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •