Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default ATL

Atlanta gets:

Tyler Hansborough
    2012 Indiana First Round Draft pick

Indiana gets:

Josh Smith

Atlanta gets a good young PF and a TON of cap space. This deal ensures they are under the LT threshold, which they will struggle with in coming years due to Joe Johnson's contract.

We get a ton of athleticism and defense. West can play that PF/C combo player. Granger, Smith, and George would be tremendous defensively.
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar

Default Re: ATL

That isn't gonna happen, just not enough for the very talented Smith.

If they move Smith, I think they will want a top 10 Center. They want Holford to go to his natural position PF. I am sure that is why Smith dropped weight over the summer so he would fit into the SF position better. Who knew Holford was going to get that shoulder injury.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Sports Logo

kinda lopsided, don't you think?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to yoadknux For This Useful Post:

Very lopsided.

Plus, they won't trade Smith (if they trade him) until Horford is back.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah. Depends on what you think of Hansborough really. Plus, there have been rumors prior to the year that they were looking to trade one of the several SF/PFs they have since they will be a LT team. Would you give up two firsts and Hansborough for him? Or is that not in the ball park of what they would even consider?
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

Banned

Yeah it would have to be either West or Danny to Atlanta(I prefer West) plus Tyler+ picks to Atlanta for JS and Marvin Williams 3 years contract, that could probably get it done.

starting unit: Hill, PG, Danny, JS, Hibbert.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah. Depends on what you think of Hansborough really. Plus, there have been rumors prior to the year that they were looking to trade one of the several SF/PFs they have since they will be a LT team. Would you give up two firsts and Hansborough for him? Or is that not in the ball park of what they would even consider?
    Question is what you think of Hansbrough. I think he's a fine bench/energy guy and not a starter in this league (I don't think a 38% shooting power forward that isn't a good defender is qualified as a starter). Turning a bench player and 20+ pick into an all-star can't really happen

I don't really think we should trade for Smith, I love Smith's aggressive style of play and great defense. But he doesn't really fit.
    I don't want to trade West because we just signed him and even though he didn't turn out to be the all-star PF we wanted him to be his presence is out there and his addition is one of the reasons why we're over .500
    We could trade Granger and somehow get other teams involved or take Marvin with Smith but I don't think this trade makes us better. Smith can play the 3 but he's really a 4.

Aiming for big names is nice but the more important thing is how well they're going to fit.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah. Depends on what you think of Hansborough really.
    Not many out there are bigger fans of Tyler than I am and I would never give up Smith to get Tyler and our first if I was a GM.