Thread: Salaries Aside, Equal Value

Default Salaries Aside, Equal Value

All this talk about getting equal value in an Artest trade got me thinking, salary issues aside, just where do y'all value our players. That is to say, who would you say would be an equal trade if they made the same money. A few examples...

Artest = Ben Wallace
    Both are fantastic defenders. Artest is a much better offensive player but Ben is a better rebounder and less of a distraction.

O'Neal = Chris Webber
    Webber is a better passer with rather better numbers, but older and more injury-prone. He's not yet in the Duncan/Garnet catagory, but maybe in a year or two...

Tinsley = Tony Parker
    Tony is a better scorer, but Tinsley is a better floor general (most of Parker's assists amount to -- give it to Duncan in the paint and then jog back to the bench to enjoy some Gatorade while Duncan does his thing). Both are young guns that were drafted too low and have been solid more or less since day 1.

Jackson -- Harrington. Hardy har har.

Miller=Dikembe Mutombo
    Both were giants of their day, but their days have long since peaked. Still valuable for their knowledge and their rep (Reg still draws top defenders at the ends of games, and slashers are still a little shy going to the rim with Dikembe guarding it).

What do you think?

sweabs

Default Re: Salaries Aside, Equal Value

Artest = T-Mac
    J.O. = Shaq
    Jackson = Vince Carter
    Tinsley = Tony Parker
    Miller = Eddie Jones

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

J.O.=Duncan
    Cro=Mark Blount
    Sjax=someone a little better than Al but not quite as good as Rip Hamilton
    Tinsley=Parker
    Artest=d:
    Bender does not =
    Pollard=Bra...yeah I'm not gonna say it.
    House Name: Pacers

House Sigil:

House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

stipo

Love J.O. but he is not, and I dare say it, never will be in the same class as Garnett or T-Dunc.

J.O. -- Great Athlete for a man his size. Decent range. Good but not imaginative passer. Very good rebounder.
    Garnett -- UNBELIEVABLE athlete for any size. Plus much better range than J.O.
    Duncan -- Only one of the smartest players in the world. To busy quietly killing you to preen. Doesn't care if you notice him. Just quiet satisfaction as he kicks your behind.

This is why, although I love Jermaine, I think Artest is our best player. There are times when Jermaine is matched up with somebody and I hope he steps up to play with as much greatness. Artest, well, I never worry about him matching up with anyone. (although Tay Prince was in the groove during the playoffs. I think that was an anomoly. sp?) It's the OTHER team that has to adjust.

Just my opinion. Those who disagree are free to be wrong.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

JO = Elton Brand
    Artest = Kirilenko
    Tins = Tony Parker
    Reggie = Eddie Jones
    Freddie = Jason Richardson
    Foster = Rasho Nesterovic
    [edit=15=1100393527][/edit]