Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/New Orleans postgame thread.

Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers/New Orleans postgame thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Heck, play Lou at the 4. He'd be a better fit next to Kaman than Tyler would.
    Kaman has some defensive deficiencies and Lou would certainly help to cover those up. He's an excellent help defender.

Ok, I'm not trying to bash Tyler. But if you swapped Tyler for Gustavo Ayon, our second unit would be a LOT better.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar

Sports Logo

I've gotta say... I really like the Price/Hill backcourt. And not just because I own a house in Price Hill, Cincinnati. The two of them really play off each other well, and the passing in the second unit is very good when they're out there together. Inferno buys in as well, so your 1-2-3 spots have some really good synergy.
    Yeah the second unit seems a lot more together with A.J. and Hill in the backcourt.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PGisthefuture For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Ok, I'm not trying to bash Tyler. But if you swapped Tyler for Gustavo Ayon, our second unit would be a LOT better.
    Ayon is a much more complete player and he could be a starter in this league at this point.

Tyler is more one-dimensional. But I like Tyler's ability to go to the line so much. The only thing that he needs in order to go to the line and play well (in the last 2 games he averaged 18.5 points and 9 rebounds) is to hit his first jumper. If we find a way to let him hit his first jumper in every game then he's going to be golden.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quit trashing our players we are 23 and 12

And yeah Ayon is not going anywhere.

Sports Logo

On an irrelevant note, I found out the Hornets' fan hive. About 80% of them really miss and respect David West. They were disgusted about some of their fans booing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    We play Chicago on Monday.
    I believe "We play MIA on Monday" means "We play missing in action on Monday."
    "Reggie Miller is the hardest player to guard." --Kobe Bryant

"Playing Reggie Miller drives me nuts. It's like chicken-fighting with a woman." --Michael Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    Tyler is more one-dimensional. But I like Tyler's ability to go to the line so much. The only thing that he needs in order to go to the line and play well (in the last 2 games he averaged 18.5 points and 9 rebounds) is to hit his first jumper. If we find a way to let him hit his first jumper in every game then he's going to be golden.
    Sure. But I hate-hate-hate that post move where Tyler flips the ball over his shoulder while he's half-turned in the air. That's just an ugly, awful move. It's not even like he's usually able to draw a foul with it... at least not this year.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I keep seeing you make this joke. Do you not understand that it isn't merely the fact that you harp on the negative qualities of our players, but that you do so ad nauseam to the point of being obnoxious and overbearing about it, and that THAT is why we get on you about it, not merely because you would occasionally do it, but because you do it seemingly constantly?

12. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

I've gotta say... I really like the Price/Hill backcourt. And not just because I own a house in Price Hill, Cincinnati. The two of them really play off each other well, and the passing in the second unit is very good when they're out there together. Inferno buys in as well, so your 1-2-3 spots have some really good synergy.
    I thought there was instant teammate chemistry with AJ and Hill. And I actually think they tend to up their defensive intensity when they are on the floor together too.

Tyler had two good games in a row, but as has been said..his first shot determines his game. He NEEDS - more than anything - to become consistent from his free throw line jumper. It opens the floor up so much for him.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I keep seeing you make this joke. Do you not understand that it isn't merely the fact that you harp on the negative qualities of our players, but that you do so ad nauseam to the point of being obnoxious and overbearing about it, and that THAT is why we get on you about it, not merely because you would occasionally do it, but because you do it seemingly constantly?
    I disagree, anybody else could critize our players about anything and nothing happens but as soon as I do it people here make a big deal about it, I made an small comment about West's D in a thread and got trashed by a bunch of people including you.

So before I watched this game, I knew that Roy went 0-4 for the game. It's been interesting watching him.

They clearly geared their defense around stopping him, and he recognized that. He played fantastic basketball, passed well, and made some great moves to get the foul call.

Also, he recognized that West wanted to play well at home and was gonna get overlooked on D, and did a great job setting him up. The hornets frontcourt said "Make West score the points" and he did.

Enjoy your time at PD!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I disagree, anybody else could critize our players about anything and nothing happens but as soon as I do it people here make a big deal about it, I made an small comment about West's D in a thread and got trashed by a bunch of people including you.
    You're the Darksider of the Year for a reason....

Man, Lance is really cheerleading well while the bench is out there. At some level, he's got to be thinking "these should be my minutes" but he's AJ's biggest supporter.

EDIT: Up off the bench for Hill, too, but not Tyler's dunk.
    Last edited by Anthem; 03-04-2012 at 12:39 AM.

Enjoy your time at PD!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Sure. But I hate-hate-hate that post move where Tyler flips the ball over his shoulder while he's half-turned in the air. That's just an ugly, awful move. It's not even like he's usually able to draw a foul with it... at least not this year.
    It's ugly but I think that this is the only move that Tyler can do effectively. It's not actually a post move. It's a post drive that ends in a crooked baby hook.

Tyler has no real post moves. On the contrary, Lou has some real post moves. He just cannot convert them into baskets. Tyler lack post moves but he does hit that weird shot. Tyler should really learn some post moves. We have several guys in the team that know how to play post offense. Tyler has to pick something up.

If we're only going to play Lance when we're up by 30, we might as well play him at PG.

Enjoy your time at PD!

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Seriously, I just don't see how you can watch what Lance can do with a basketball and think "This guys just couldn't be an NBA player." Yes, a jumpshot would help. But that man can create out of nothing, and was hitting our bigs in fantastic scoring position every time he got the ball.

Worked hard on D, too, and was clearly very upset when Xavier scored on him on the final possession.

Enjoy your time at PD!

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    You're the Darksider of the Year for a reason....
    It's not my fault that you guys only see the supposed to be "negative" comments I make, I do say a lot of positive things about our players but as soon as I make one "negative" comment I get the typical PD overreaction.

It is because it seems like every other post you are criticizing another player. You rarely ever post anything positive. If you weren't constantly pointing out every single little mistake every single player makes maybe people wouldn't be so hard on you.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It's not my fault that you guys only see the supposed to be "negative" comments I make, I do say a lot of positive things about our players but as soon as I make one "negative" comment I get the typical PD overreaction.
    We overreact to your negativity because your negativity is an overreaction

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheDavisBrothers For This Useful Post:

Man, Lance is really cheerleading well while the bench is out there. At some level, he's got to be thinking "these should be my minutes" but he's AJ's biggest supporter.

EDIT: Up off the bench for Hill, too, but not Tyler's dunk.
    I never said much on it, but when I went to the New Jersey game last season (where Price didn't play because he missed practice), there was some, interesting teammate interaction with Lance. Let's just say he was clearly "out of the clique." And the only person who was actively supportive was Price. (And quite frankly, I wondered if that was because Price had felt bad about letting the team down.)

At one point, I watched Lance come off the floor and make PG move over so he could sit next to AJ.

I don't know whether it was just that game, and teammate interaction was generally better with Lance than what they showed that game. (lets call it, visibly annoyed) Or if AJ had felt bad as I said previously, or if AJ had actually taken an initiative and tried to help Lance, being as he's one of the only guys who can understand doing something REALLY stupid, and having to prove he's a better person..or if there was a New York connection (and they bonded over terrorizing Indiana residents with their epicdrivingskillz! - some stereotypes are true, like the ones about New York drivers)...whatever is...it doesn't surprise me that Lance would be "AJ's biggest supporter."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    It is because it seems like every other post you are criticizing another player. You rarely ever post anything positive. If you weren't constantly pointing out every single little mistake every single player makes maybe people wouldn't be so hard on you.
    Like I said before is probably "negative" to many of you but at the end is the true. I understand the homerism here, it looks like we need to celebrate and don't say anything bad about anybody because is againts PD's policy, I'm sorry but if I see a player playing like crap I'm going to say it, I'm not going to ignore It because we are winning againts some crappy teams, at the end of the day my criticisms to our players is because those mistakes they make or deficiencies they have are going to stop us for getting to our goal.

DEFENSE!
    We need to be talking about defense. This team is playing the best defense since the brawl. Everyone loves offence. But, this is an Indiana team and here in Indy we know basketball and basketball is half defense.
    Our team has been playing like contenders on the defensive side recently.
    I hope they keep it up.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MaHa3000 For This Useful Post:

Maybe a tiny exaggeration there?

Come on, dude, I like sparring with you but for most of this season, it's been news when you make positive comments about a Pacer player. Recently you've turned a corner and I respect that.

By the way, didn't you originally project this club to be a sub-500 team?

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    I never said much on it, but when I went to the New Jersey game last season
    No doubt it was bad last season. This year it's been a ton better.

The kid is definitely auditioning for a point guard role. He's juking his man, taking it to the rack, and then passing to our stone-handed bigs.

Enjoy your time at PD!

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post: