Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/New Orleans postgame thread.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Great team defense tonight!! When they play this balanced they are very tough to beat!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 2minutes twoa For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers/New Orleans postgame thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We play Chicago on Monday.
    I know. MIA stands for Missing In Action (Carlos Boozer)

I give up, now I feel like a big doucher (Carlos Boozer)

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LA_Confidential For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    Very, very, good!
    ha ha, that goes double, from me...

so I guess you can say that I cosine.

The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

It's really hard to believe we scored 102 points with nobody taking more than Granger's 14 shots. It looks like our offense has worked out a lot of its problems.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

It's amazing that Roy only had 4 points. You can generally count in him for a dozen at least.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I thought the passing among the starters was particularly good. That's gonna be a prime factor for us.

Enjoy your time at PD!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

It's really nice to see the harmony between the teammates... for a while during that losing streak, I was afraid our guys would be at odds.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo

So, I checked the game logs of Lou Amundson to see if he had ever hit more than 5 FTs in a game.

He has! Playing with the Golden State Warriors in April 05, 2011 he hit 7 (!!!) out of his 9 free throws. For the record, the Warriors beat the Blazers 108 - 87 in Rose Garden.

This was the second time in his career that he scored more than 4 free throws. He has went 4/4 twice, 4/5 once and 4/6 four times in his career.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

I really expected Roy to get more calls. After a couple of those non-calls, he seemed a little nonplussed.

Enjoy your time at PD!

It's funny when AJ and Inferno are on the floor together. With the wide-angle shots, it can be hard to differentiate between them.

Enjoy your time at PD!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

It's crazy that the Bulls are so good. It's hard to believe this team isn't even the best team in the division.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    It's funny when AJ and Inferno are on the floor together. With the wide-angle shots, it can be hard to differentiate between them.
    How small is your television?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Not really, AJ dribbles then shoots, DJ just shoots.
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacerGuy For This Useful Post:

Ok, for my first non-pun observation: I really like the "Bees" announcers. Knowledgeable, fair, and easy on the ears. Great combo.

EDIT: "It's hard to believe that's really David West. I haven't heard him say 'AND ONE' yet."
    Last edited by Anthem; 03-03-2012 at 11:23 PM.

Enjoy your time at PD!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

rel

Don't feel like bothering to nitpick tonight; too much good happened. Very happy to have a Pacers team that is 11 games over .500 in early March. A WELCOME change of pace!

Looking at Kaman again, I'd still be happy to have him in place of Lou at the backup 5, even though I like what Lou brings. Having an offensive threat like Chris off your bench is just a load for most teams to deal with.

Speaking of which, I LOVE that they have a Chewbacca growl after every made basket by him!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    How small is your television?
    Well, I was trying to figure out a way to use the word "differentiate." But I'm watching on my laptop.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have nothing to add to this thread, only cosine what's been said. It's great this place is so inclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Looking at Kaman again, I'd still be happy to have him in place of Lou at the backup 5, even though I like what Lou brings.
    Heck, play Lou at the 4. He'd be a better fit next to Kaman than Tyler would.

Enjoy your time at PD!

29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Banned

Heck, play Lou at the 4. He'd be a better fit next to Kaman than Tyler would.
    I sadly agree with this

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    I sadly agree with this
    Hey, I'm not mad at Tyler. I like the guy. But if you're putting Kaman on the floor, it's for scoring. You need a hard hat defender and rebounder next to him, and that's Lou.

EDIT: Wait, sad because of Tyler or sad because you're agreeing with me?

Enjoy your time at PD!

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Congrats to Lou for a double double!

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Hibbert didn't hit a single shot but finished with the highest +/- number of anyone on our team with +22...that's pretty damn good for that big of a number and never scoring.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to TheDon For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    Hibbert didn't hit a single shot but finished with the highest +/- number of anyone on our team with +22...that's pretty damn good for that big of a number and never scoring.
    10 rebounds and great passing is helpful, but yeah that's not something you'll see often.

Enjoy your time at PD!

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Banned

Hey, I'm not mad at Tyler. I like the guy. But if you're putting Kaman on the floor, it's for scoring. You need a hard hat defender and rebounder next to him, and that's Lou.

EDIT: Wait, sad because of Tyler or sad because you're agreeing with me?
    Sad about both things

Not just that but I'm sad because I thought Hans was going to be better, right now he is bad.

I've gotta say... I really like the Price/Hill backcourt. And not just because I own a house in Price Hill, Cincinnati. The two of them really play off each other well, and the passing in the second unit is very good when they're out there together. Inferno buys in as well, so your 1-2-3 spots have some really good synergy.

Enjoy your time at PD!

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post: