Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Pacers/New Orleans postgame thread.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers/New Orleans postgame thread.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not Tyler hate, it's fair criticism, he has been playing like crap all year, again just because somebody is pointing out that one of our players is playing bad or has a weakness doesn't mean that that person hates that player, and this is comming from a huge Tyler Hansbrough fan.
    Yeah, I think that's fair. He's played like crap most of the year. He's still a huge part of the team and I think he will be fine, but his struggles have been real.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Yeah, I think that's fair. He's played like crap most of the year. He's still a huge part of the team and I think he will be fine, but his struggles have been real.
    Yeah at this point I wouldn't mind if we trade him or if we get Kaman I wouldn't be upset if he sits on the bench and again he is one of my favorite players and breaks my heart to do it but sometimes you have to do what's best for the team.

Banned

Part of me does hope we do move or bench Tyler just so people who knock him so bad will realize what he does bring to the game instead of always talking about what he doesn't.

Dude is 12th in bench scoring 4th among non-guards, 3rd in PF/C over 5 MPG less than the 2 in front of him. 3rd in bench FT's 1st among non-guards, 9th in rebounding and 5th in offensive board work in less games than most others in the rebounding stats all while having this terrible season.

Quote Originally Posted by Asher99 View Post
    Part of me does hope we do move or bench Tyler just so people who knock him so bad will realize what he does bring to the game instead of always talking about what he doesn't.

Dude is 12th in bench scoring 4th among non-guards, 3rd in PF/C over 5 MPG less than the 2 in front of him. 3rd in bench FT's 1st among non-guards, 9th in rebounding and 5th in offensive board work in less games than most others in the rebounding stats all while having this terrible season.
    This is exactly what I am seeing. He is playing good his shot just wasn't falling for a while and the refs are letting players get at him physically. Everything else has been fine I think and his shot is falling now. He has actually improved passing the ball. Take the good with the bad. I don't think trading him is smart. He is a big man essentially in his second year, if you consider JOB and his injuries and the shortened season. It took Roy some time. Let him learn under West and then one day he will be ready. Just like Lance. Let him learn. This is what we have always done. Don't trade away the guys you draft, especially when they are still progressing.

Anyways, when he is a starter he may be the 5th option for defenses to center in on. On the bench, he seems to be the other teams number 1 priority to shut down and get out of his game. Other players love to return the favor and go at him tough. I just think he is settling into his new role like I have heard the TV announcers say. Think about it, if you're a defense, who would you center in on defensively in the post. Jones, Hansbrough, or Amundson? See my point? Teams can put their best big man bench defender on him and often times that players is better at defense than a starter they just tend to have limited offensive abilities, ala Jeff Foster. And the help can focus that way because Jones and Amundson aren't great post threats offensively.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Midcoasted For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Like others, I am disappointed in Tyler's performance and his offensive repertoire. However, I do think he's a gamer, and I think you'll see him step up in the playoffs somehow. He just has that extra something that causes wins and disgusts Dukies.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown