Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lamar Odom Assigned To D-League.....WOW!

Default Re: Lamar Odom Assigned To D-League.....WOW!

Even so, it still seems partially a discipline issue also.
    FOLLOW ME: @WarnerSays

IU > Kentucky

Biggest PHILLIES PHAN in Indiana

“And as I go,I go with just a few words left to say,a few words I want to address to Colts fans everywhere, thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. I truly have enjoyed being your quarterback. Thank you.”
    - Peyton Manning

Players and coaches are not happy with him, question effort and desire and commitment. But we will see.
    FOLLOW ME: @WarnerSays

IU > Kentucky

Biggest PHILLIES PHAN in Indiana

“And as I go,I go with just a few words left to say,a few words I want to address to Colts fans everywhere, thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. I truly have enjoyed being your quarterback. Thank you.”
    - Peyton Manning

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Sounds like Rick is just po'ed that Lamar is leaving the team to play in the D-league when they need Lamar the most. I'd be pissed off too if I were Rick, that's pretty unprofessional on Odom's part.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TheDon For This Useful Post:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/odom-pl...5731--nba.html

DALLAS (AP) Lamar Odom is rejoining the Dallas Mavericks without playing a planned game in the NBA Development League.

The Mavericks said Saturday that Odom has been recalled and will be in uniform for their game that night against Utah.

Odom had been set to play for the Texas Legends on Saturday night after missing four straight games for the Mavericks. He was assigned to the D-League team Friday.

Odom's last game was Feb. 20. The Mavericks have said he was away for a family matter and personal reasons.

After missing the Mavericks' last game before the All-Star break against his former team, the Los Angeles Lakers, Odom has missed all three games since the break.

The defending NBA champion Mavericks have lost four in a row

We will see how this plays out.

Do you ever wonder if Rick Carlisle did something wrong in another life to have to put up with so many players with personal problems?

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/odom-pl...5731--nba.html

DALLAS (AP) Lamar Odom is rejoining the Dallas Mavericks without playing a planned game in the NBA Development League.

The Mavericks said Saturday that Odom has been recalled and will be in uniform for their game that night against Utah.

Odom had been set to play for the Texas Legends on Saturday night after missing four straight games for the Mavericks. He was assigned to the D-League team Friday.

Odom's last game was Feb. 20. The Mavericks have said he was away for a family matter and personal reasons.

After missing the Mavericks' last game before the All-Star break against his former team, the Los Angeles Lakers, Odom has missed all three games since the break.

The defending NBA champion Mavericks have lost four in a row

We will see how this plays out.

Do you ever wonder if Rick Carlisle did something wrong in another life to have to put up with so many players with personal problems?
    He won a championship, I don't feel too sorry for him!

Odom has been pouting ever since it was announced that the Lakers were trading him and Pau for CP3. Whereas Gasol manned up and went back to the team, Odom acted like a baby and forced his way out. He ended up on a good team, but I doubt he's as happy there as he was in LA.

Who the hell did he think he was when he didn't show up to Lakers camp and instead demanded a trade? You're Lamar Odom, not Kobe Bryant or even Pau Gasol. You are a very very good player, but you're not some un-tradable star. He should have acted like Gasol by manning up and going back to the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Odom has been pouting ever since it was announced that the Lakers were trading him and Pau for CP3. Whereas Gasol manned up and went back to the team, Odom acted like a baby and forced his way out. He ended up on a good team, but I doubt he's as happy there as he was in LA.

Who the hell did he think he was when he didn't show up to Lakers camp and instead demanded a trade? You're Lamar Odom, not Kobe Bryant or even Pau Gasol. You are a very very good player, but you're not some un-tradable star. He should have acted like Gasol by manning up and going back to the team.
    I never did understand that. Being traded is part of being in the NBA. Don't get me wrong. I would be upset too if I had to move to a different city, but I wouldn't care THAT much. With NBA money, relocating is not that hard. It's not like they do their own packing and moving.

Personally, if my team attempted to trade me and it failed, I would be busting my butt on the court to make sure that my name didn't come up again.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    I never did understand that. Being traded is part of being in the NBA. Don't get me wrong. I would be upset too if I had to move to a different city, but I wouldn't care THAT much. With NBA money, relocating is not that hard. It's not like they do their own packing and moving.

Personally, if my team attempted to trade me and it failed, I would be busting my butt on the court to make sure that my name didn't come up again.
    It just seems like Lamar is a lot more sensitive then your average player, plus he's had to deal with a lot of off court issues...

He's also an LA guy, that's his home, that's were he's comfortable

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

LA should have just told him to deal with it and kept him. They miss him badly, he misses LA.

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    LA should have just told him to deal with it and kept him. They miss him badly, he misses LA.
    True. At least he was traded for a Superstar player in the original deal, instead of being given away in the Dallas deal.

all this drama included, i would still be happy if the pacers traded for this guy. he makes a great fit with his skill set. nice contract. and the guy can play.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    all this drama included, i would still be happy if the pacers traded for this guy. he makes a great fit with his skill set. nice contract. and the guy can play.

It looks like he could play... but he's been complete garbage so far this season. Might be damaged goods.