Thread: EMAIL THE REFEREES ABOUT TONIGHT's GAME

ARTESTMVP

Default EMAIL THE REFEREES ABOUT TONIGHT's GAME

The email address for the Referees association is AskARef@nbarefs.org To send an email to the NBA League office go to: http://www.nba.com/webAction?actionI...&surveyId=1152

Here is my comments to them:

To Whom It May Concern,

Tonight’s Pacers-Sixers game was an embarrassment to the game of basketball. I want to question several of calls. For example, near the end of regulation Ron Artest was called for a flagrant foul. If you visit this following link: http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/flagrant.WMV ; It is clear that Ron Artest came no where close in committing a flagrant foul. They made 1 out of 2 free-throws and the ball. One free-throw was clearly the margin of victory. Other highly questionable fouls include Jermaine O’Neal’s phantom foul call in overtime when he “supposedly” fouled Allen Iverson. Taking Jermaine O’Neal out of the game clearly cost us the game. Let me point out a foul at the end of regulation on Stephen Jackson was ignored. There was not just one or two questionable calls. In overtime, Jamaal Tinsley pumped faked Allen Iverson and Iverson jumped into Tinsley while his shot went on. This should have been a 3-point play possibility but they called the phantom foul on Tinsley. Here is the link for those plays: http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/pacerssixers.WMV . Any observer who is not familiar with the game of basketball would realize those phantom calls cost the Pacers the game and this was the worst officiating I have seen in 4 years. Please email me back or call me regarding this situation. The officials of the game were #32 Eddie F. Rush , #47 Bennie Adams , and #61 Courtney Kirkland. The officials should go under heavy scrutiny and review; and should be suspended. This game was not just an insult to Pacer fans, but was an insult to all NBA Fans. Thank you.

[edit=627=1100326212][/edit]

ARTESTMVP

Default Re: EMAIL THE REFEREES ABOUT TONIGHT's GAME

bump, this post is very important.

doubt they respond...

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I e-mailed them. I know they probably won't respond to it, but it doesn't hurt me to e-mail them.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

the NBA doesn't even read referee complaints. They have a set response to ever ref email complaint, and as soon as they read the word "ref" in an email, they just send the standard reply, and move on.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

ARTESTMVP

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the NBA doesn't even read referee complaints. They have a set response to ever ref email complaint, and as soon as they read the word "ref" in an email, they just send the standard reply, and move on.
    The NBA Referees association have a direct email which I included on this post. Every person on this forum should send emails to the referee association and the NBA League office.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ok, fine. I e-mailed them without using the magic word. It didn't waste to much of my time that I would'nt be wasting looking at random bullcrap on the internet.

woman without a team

Oh you'll get a response. It will take at least 2 weeks. When you get your response you'll post it on the board and every other person who e-mailed about the same thing will also post saying "I got the exact same response." Sound familiar?

Leave me out of your conversations with the league office. I'm sure they have plenty of video of the game.......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I guess its just me, the only clearly bad call was JO's sixth.

The flagrant could've gone either way. Since I'm taking the benefit of writing this after the Knicks game, the same player commited a worse foul tonight that wasn't called flagrant, so it all balances out.

Tinsley did lean in on the offensive foul. I didn't like the result, but its like Reggie's stupid leg kick - its very easy to make that foul an offensive foul. If Tinsley goes straight up, there's probably no contact, or its clear that AI initiated contact.

They weren't bad calls, they were judgment calls. Unfortunately for Pacers fans, the home team got the benefit of the doubt. Those are the types of calls that are especially difficult at full speed, and there is not a version of 'instant replay' that would allow those types of judgement calls to be scrutized.

I'd recommend saving the bellyaching about the officals for when it really counts - in the playoffs. Its November, and besides, this team needs a little adversity. Its been too quiet around here lately.

Sometimes, I wish the broadcasters would only show replays at full speed.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you