Thread: Pacers - Minnesota

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Pacers - Minnesota

Simple, our first this year for Micheal Beasley, I know that he has some character issues but I have not really seen much negativity from him at all this season with Minnesota. The guy can still play and has ridiculous games every now and then. He has much higher potential than anyone we will be able to get at the draft position that we are projected to get. He can play the 3/4 so if we were to trade Danny we could still play Paul at the 2 at times and Beasley at the 3 or even Paul at the 3 and Beasley at the 4. He could move into a starter role at the 4 one Dwest is gone.
    Why so SERIOUS

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Really? For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers - Minnesota

I'd rather not.
    I like his game a lot, but there are 2 problems with Beasley
    1. Beasley has maturity issues and all that
    2. And more important, he's going to be RFA this summer. Are we willing to trade our 1st for another RFA? How much are we willing to pay for a backup 3/4 that has maturity issues?

I think Beasley has a lot of upside and in most cases I'd gamble on him but we're not in a position to make this trade - Granger is our current starting SF, West is our current starting PF, Hansbrough is our backup PF, George could potentially be our future starting SF... There's no room for him.

I think rebuilding teams like the Cavs or Wizards should go after him.

Mood

Yeah I think he is maturing, the points about our current roster are true, but I could see Tyler being traded if we got Beasley, he gives us more depth and can be put in at multiple positions.

Also he is a RFA but I doubt he will get a ton of big offers which could be good for us. Giving him a multi year offer for like 5-6 million a year seems like a good deal for his potential.
    Why so SERIOUS

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Really? For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah I think he is maturing, the points about our current roster are true, but I could see Tyler being traded if we got Beasley, he gives us more depth and can be put in at multiple positions.

Also he is a RFA but I doubt he will get a ton of big offers which could be good for us. Giving him a multi year offer for like 5-6 million a year seems like a good deal for his potential.
    Agreed

Sports Logo

But if Beasley is going to get only 5-6m then why don't we just sign him in a few months and keep our pick?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by yoadknux View Post
    But if Beasley is going to get only 5-6m then why don't we just sign him in a few months and keep our pick?
    He can help us this year as well, this will increase the amount of time that he has to mesh with the team before the playoffs and next season, and finally if he really starts to put it on this year and does end up getting a ton of attention then we will have the best shot of retaining him if we would like to pay the cost.

We could always wait, but where we are picking I think it would not be giving up too much for him.

Just a couple of stats he is still only 23 shots 44% 3pt and 44%FG, FT% sucks.

One thing that translates good from college to the NBA is rebounding, we have not saw that with him yet but I think it is still in there, he averaged 12.4 boards in college and only 7.4 in the NBA per 36....

12 and 14 rebounds vs SAC and LAL help justify for me that he is capable of it, maybe not 12 but I could see him getting 9 or 10 per 36 on a regular basis.
    Why so SERIOUS

Mood

Last year he made 60/160 3 pointers so far through this season Danny is 60/170 , he puts up a decent amount of shots and shots 3's more regularly than Collison and he would easily have the highest 3pt percentage on this team... this amount of 3's would not bother me coming from a 3 or a 4 that could be effective aka Ryan Anderson...
    Why so SERIOUS

I like guys who are flexible...

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

I like Beasley a lot, I had him in some trades last year. The thing with him is he is a PF more then a SF, but with Love playing PF and their SF's sux they forced him in the SF position which made his overall game better. He can be very physical inside. I would love to see him coming off the bench with Hans and Hill this year. I would like to see a 2nd rnd pick for him, but I wouldn't complain with a 1st.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    I like guys who are flexible...

Sports Logo

I don't think that they would make this deal for our first. Our first is not going to be a particularly high one and thus they would not get enough for him. I can see them giving him for a first to a lottery team in order to get value. Do not forget that he was a lottery pick himself.

Let's suppose that they would do this deal, though.

First things first. As I've said several times I'd hate to not have a 1st round pick in this deal. There are going to be several good players in this draft. We should be able to come out with a very solid prospect even in the 20-30 range.

That said, Beasley is indeed an interesting case. I don't think he is a particular headcase. He does not seem to be an *******, he just seems immature and childish at times. However, this translates into inconsistency. If we're to need him as a scorer off the bench we would want him to be consistent. Beasley is not consistent at all.

This can easily be seen in his numbers. Let's look at his 3 point percentage, for example. In his rookie year he **** 40.7% (33/81). In his second year he shot 27.5% (28/102). In his third year he shot 36.6% (60/164). This season he is shooting 42.6% (23/54).

Now let's take a look at his FT percentage. In his rookie year he shot 77.2% (186/241). In his second year he shot 80% (192/240). In his third year he shot 75.3%(219/291). This season he is shooting 62.9% (39/62).

He is a really inconsistent player. And while Hans is inconsistent as well at least you can trust him that he can go to the line more often (Beasley is attempting 4.1 FTs per 36 in his career while Hans attempts 6.6 FTs per 36 in his career).

Then again, Beasley is slightly taller and has an outside game so he would give us a big advantage if we were to play him in the SF spot.

I guess I'm torn once again

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    I don't think that they would make this deal for our first. Our first is not going to be a particularly high one and thus they would not get enough for him. I can see them giving him for a first to a lottery team in order to get value. Do not forget that he was a lottery pick himself.

Let's suppose that they would do this deal, though.

First things first. As I've said several times I'd hate to not have a 1st round pick in this deal. There are going to be several good players in this draft. We should be able to come out with a very solid prospect even in the 20-30 range.

That said, Beasley is indeed an interesting case. I don't think he is a particular headcase. He does not seem to be an *******, he just seems immature and childish at times. However, this translates into inconsistency. If we're to need him as a scorer off the bench we would want him to be consistent. Beasley is not consistent at all.

This can easily be seen in his numbers. Let's look at his 3 point percentage, for example. In his rookie year he **** 40.7% (33/81). In his second year he shot 27.5% (28/102). In his third year he shot 36.6% (60/164). This season he is shooting 42.6% (23/54).

Now let's take a look at his FT percentage. In his rookie year he shot 77.2% (186/241). In his second year he shot 80% (192/240). In his third year he shot 75.3%(219/291). This season he is shooting 62.9% (39/62).

He is a really inconsistent player. And while Hans is inconsistent as well at least you can trust him that he can go to the line more often (Beasley is attempting 4.1 FTs per 36 in his career while Hans attempts 6.6 FTs per 36 in his career).

Then again, Beasley is slightly taller and has an outside game so he would give us a big advantage if we were to play him in the SF spot.

I guess I'm torn once again
    They offered Beasley for the Lakers 1st, and yeah he has been inconsistent, but he ha been in a lot of inconsistent situations. He needs stability, and a team to grow around in a role that he seems comfortable in.

He has tons of potential I just really hope the best for him in whatever happens.
    Why so SERIOUS

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    They offered Beasley for the Lakers 1st, and yeah he has been inconsistent, but he ha been in a lot of inconsistent situations. He needs stability, and a team to grow around in a role that he seems comfortable in.

He has tons of potential I just really hope the best for him in whatever happens.
    I guess that I agree with this.