Thread: Addai, Clark to follow Manning to Denver?

Default Addai, Clark to follow Manning to Denver?

http://kansascity.sbnation.com/kansa...k-joseph-addai

Peyton Manning To Broncos: Dallas Clark, Joseph Addai Could Become Next To Join Denver

Mar 19 11:14a by Matt Conner

Read More: Joseph Addai (RB - IND), Dallas Clark (TE - IND), Peyton Manning (QB - IND), Jeff Saturday (C - IND), Reggie Wayne (WR - IND), Pierre Garcon (WR - WAS), Denver Broncos

Now that Peyton Manning has decided on his next team, will his former teammates follow suit? Reggie Wayne has already re-upped in Indianapolis and Pierre Garcon got his millions from Dan Snyder with the Washington Redskins. But Dallas Clark, Jeff Saturday and Joseph Addai still remain available, and someone, if not all, is likely to follow Manning if the team is interested.

It will be interesting to see how much sway Manning has concerning the formation of the roster at this point. He has the elite veteran status but not the familiarity, so he might not have as much influence as he did in Indy. However, itís unlikely Peyton would sign without some acknowledgement that he has a say in personnel matters ó especially on the offense.

Addai still has some legs and could bolster the Denver backfield, especially with his familiarity with Manning and what he will want to do at the line of scrimmage. Clark would help replace Daniel Fells who signed with the New England Patriots today, so that move seems easy to predict.

As for Jeff Saturday, the Broncos already have a young center in J.D. Walton, so that will be interesting to watch. Manning has always taken his snaps from Saturday and the two seem inseparable. Now, some of those relationships will be tested as to how they fit within another team.

Thereís no doubt the Broncos are a better team with Manning under center. Now itís a question of who will be that center and who else will follow him to Denver.

Mood

Default Re: Addai, Clark to follow Manning to Denver?

I can see a good fit with Clark, but not so much with Saturday, that spot is taken in Denver. I am still hoping Saturday re-signs with us for maybe 2 more years to show the new kid the ropes. He is the biggest stabilizing force on our o-line and would make a big difference for Indy with coverages and pick-up of blitz packages. I know he and Peyton are close, but I might be a bit selfish in saying that he needs to retire a Colt. I am not too sure on Addai. I have always liked the guy but he has a lot of miles on those legs and it was starting to show last year. If he does go there I wish him the best of luck.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

WTHR said this morning that while all of those names were possiblities for the Broncos, the only one the Broncs are reported to be talking to is Tamme (I hadn't heard his name before, is he a FA:?)
    If you get to thinkiní youíre a person of some influence, try orderiní somebody elseís dog around..

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    WTHR said this morning that while all of those names were possiblities for the Broncos, the only one the Broncs are reported to be talking to is Tamme (I hadn't heard his name before, is he a FA:?)
    Looks like it....

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.fieldgulls.com/2012/3/19/2885045/nfl-free-agency-tracker-peyton-manning-to-broncos-seahawks-reportedly
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jacob Tamme is an interesting free agent - 6'3, 236 pound joker tight end that caught 67 passes and four touchdowns in ten games in 2010 after Dallas Clark went out so you know he's got some talent, with the obvious caveat being it was the Colts' offense with Peyton Manning throwing the football. From what I gather, he's got solid hands, is a capable in-line blocker, and to me he just seems like a lunch pail kind of tight end. He is a former fourth round pick out of Kentucky.

I could see all three of Saturday, Clark, and Stokley signing with Denver if Peyton pushes it. All of them at one time were Peyton's roommates during training camp and on the road.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post: