Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chad Ford Chat

Twitter @M_Murph11 PacerPride33's Avatar

Default Chad Ford Chat

Heard that Celtics are planing on disbanding Big 3... what are the chances that Pierce is traded and what can they get for Pierce?

Chad Ford (1:17 PM)

I think Ainge would prefer to trade: Rondo, Allen, and KG in that order before Pierce. But Danny won't hesitate to pull the trigger if he can. Remember, he went through several miserable years of rebuilding from scratch. He doesn't want to go back to that place and frankly the Celtics are like a season and a half away from there. If he can make the moves now to shore up the future of the franchise, he will. The problem is that while Rondo, Allen, KG and Pierce are all excellent players, none of them have great trade value right now. Rondo has the most, but many teams are worried about chemistry issues with him. Allen and KG are well past their primes and are free agents next season. Pierce is better but he's due $16.8 million next year. I'm not sure how Danny pulls this off.

Mike (Boston)

Rondo & Dooling (expiring) to Indy for Granger

Chad Ford (1:20 PM)

There's great chemistry in Indy right now. I think that would be an interesting move, but I doubt they'd be willing to risk it.

Karan (Indy)

Larry Bird deserves a lot of credit for turning around the Pacers. This team was in the cellar after the brawl in Detroit and all those bad contracts. Does he take home executive of the year?

Chad Ford (1:29 PM)

Hands down in my opinion. He and David Morway have done a textbook job of turning around a down and out franchise in a small market. Draft well. Don't overpay. Focus on chemistry and value players at each position. Bird was a great player. A great coach. And as it turns out, a great exec too.
    Murph

2. The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to PacerPride33 For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Chad Ford Chat

There's no way the Celtics do that deal, not cause Granger isn't any good, but cause they have a clone in Pierce. He'd have to be involved in the trade or traded elsewhere first in order for that to be done.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Collison / Tyler / Stanko / 1st

for

Rondo / Jermaine.

Boston cuts 13mil of salary and escapes luxury tax hell. They get a solid starter, a super-sub, a Euro prospect, and a low draft pick.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

I'd love that deal (even if we have to add Lance), although it'd make us thin at PF both now and in the future.
    "I'd run through a brick wall for that man."
    - Roy Hibbert on playing for Coach Frank Vogel

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

for

Rondo / Jermaine.

Boston cuts 13mil of salary and escapes luxury tax hell. They get a solid starter, a super-sub, a Euro prospect, and a low draft pick.
    I don't see a reason for the Celtics to take this deal...

9. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to yoadknux For This Useful Post:

for

Rondo / Jermaine.

Throw in another 1st on our end and have them include Bass (who is somewhat similar to Hansbrough). They save an absolute ton of money (like $25M w/ LT considerations) and get nice rebuilding pieces. Rondo/PG/DG/West/Hibbert w/ AJ/Hill/DJ/Bass off the bench could contend. We would still have enough cap room to resign Hibbert & Hill.

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If we can pick up Rondo without moving Granger, Hibbert, or George, Larry Bird should be upgraded from Basketball Jesus to Basketball God.

I don't think it's possible. Prove me wrong, Mr. Bird.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

for

Rondo / Jermaine.

You lost me at Stanko

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by purdue101 View Post
    Throw in another 1st on our end and have them include Bass (who is somewhat similar to Hansbrough).
    Instead of Jermaine, or in addition to him? With both Jermaine and Bass in the deal, we can't absorb all of the salary.

EDIT: Although the trade works if you include Lou.
    Last edited by Anthem; 02-29-2012 at 07:29 PM.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by yoadknux View Post
    I don't see a reason for the Celtics to take this deal...
    Depends on how wild they are about paying 15mil in luxury tax for a team that could legitimately miss the playoffs.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo

Depends on how wild they are about paying 15mil in luxury tax for a team that could legitimately miss the playoffs.
    But Rondo isn't a salary dump type of player. He's a young all-star point guard that has a good contract.
    If they want to shed salary they will trade KG or Allen, not Rondo. And if they do trade Rondo they won't do it for spare parts.

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

for

Rondo / Jermaine.

Let's remember that the only reason we were in the Rondo talks before, was b/c the Celtics were trying to get Chris Paul. The Pacers were only going to get Rondo b/c the Hornets didn't want him.

Hornets also wanted either George or Granger on top of Collison, Hansbrouh and pick.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pwee31 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

It's still a red flag to me that they still seem willing to deal Rondo despite it not being in a Chris Paul scenario. Young, friendly contract. I've never really given much credence to his "attitude problems" or whatever, but there's gotta be something there.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    It's still a red flag to me that they still seem willing to deal Rondo despite it not being in a Chris Paul scenario. Young, friendly contract. I've never really given much credence to his "attitude problems" or whatever, but there's gotta be something there.

I wonder if Danny Ainge is just crazy. That Perkins for Green trade last year was a real head-scrather, considering how well the C's were rolling at the time.

Let's just hope he's crazy enough to do another trade like that!

So Ford doesn't think we'd do a Rondo for Granger swap essentially? interesting.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

I'd sooner offer Danny and our #1 pick for Pierce.

I like Rondo on the court, but there have been waaay too many mutterings about him off court.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    So Ford doesn't think we'd do a Rondo for Granger swap essentially? interesting.
    I hope he's right. I'd rather not sacrifice Danny at this point unless its for a " no brainer deal". He's too valuable to this team

27. The Following User Says Thank You to LA_Confidential For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by yoadknux View Post
    But Rondo isn't a salary dump type of player. He's a young all-star point guard that has a good contract.
    If they want to shed salary they will trade KG or Allen, not Rondo. And if they do trade Rondo they won't do it for spare parts.
    Sure, Rondo's not a salary dump type player. But Jermaine is. They'll have to pay somebody to take him... say a poor first-round pick. But bundling him with Rondo, they're getting back a pick. It's a two-pick swing.

Think of it as two separate trades: Jermaine and a lotto-protected future first for cap space as a salary dump. Then Collison, Hans, and two first-rounders (theirs back, plus ours).

As for the trades, we'll see. If you're getting ready for a rebuild, getting a starting PG and a talented and popular PF isn't exactly "spare parts."

It's very difficult to imagine them getting equal value for Rondo, that's for sure.

Enjoy your time at PD!

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Mood

I'm sorry but there's no way in hell Boston is trading Rondo when the best player they are getting back is Collision, regardless of salary

Quote Originally Posted by TheDavisBrothers View Post
    I'm sorry but there's no way in hell Boston is trading Rondo when the best player they are getting back is Collision, regardless of salary
    Hans would be the "prize" for the C's. Collison is just to ease the loss of Rondo, plus cap relief and whatever package of picks we send their way.

Tyler, DC, Jeff Green, a bunch of cap space and a few picks are decent building blocks for the future.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Confidential View Post
    Hans would be the "prize" for the C's. Collison is just to ease the loss of Rondo, plus cap relief and whatever package of picks we send their way.

Tyler, DC, Jeff Green, a bunch of cap space and a few picks are decent building blocks for the future.
    If they have seen him this year, and they would if they were trading for him, they would know that he's not a guy to build around

ps: don't get me wrong Hans could be the best 6th man in the league in the future, but you don't build around 6th men
    Last edited by TheDavisBrothers; 02-29-2012 at 11:52 PM.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to TheDavisBrothers For This Useful Post:

Banned

Yeah the best trade we can do with Boston would be to send DC+West+Foster for Rondo+Bass+JO that could probably work.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 02-29-2012 at 11:53 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheDavisBrothers View Post
    If they have seen him this year, and they would if they were trading for him, they would know that he's not a guy to build around
    I agree with this and I like Tyler.

We aren't getting Rondo for Collison and fodder. This guy was discussed for Chris Paul and now Steph Curry, and now he's suddenly going for a guy that was traded for Troy Murphy not too long ago? Puh-lease, let's take the blue and gold colored glasses off.

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post: