View Poll Results: Who is the Rookie Poster of the Year on Pacers Digest?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • BringJackBack

    4 7.14%
  • Foul on Smits

    1 1.79%
  • Heisenberg

    7 12.50%
  • LucasRL13

    1 1.79%
  • mattie

    0 0%
  • Mackey_Rose

    10 17.86%
  • pacer4ever

    21 37.50%
  • Sobotka

    2 3.57%
  • xBulletproof

    8 14.29%
  • xIndyfan

    2 3.57%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29

Thread: Rookie Poster of the Year - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,389

    Default Rookie Poster of the Year - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    Rookie Poster of the Year Awarded to the best poster who has joined the board since the last awards season (June 2010).

    BringJackBack, Foul on Smits, Heisenberg, LucasRL13, mattie, Mackey_Rose, pacer4ever, Sobotka, xBulletproof, xIndyfan

    The Rookie Poster of the Year award is one of the most important honors bestowed upon members of the PD community. It rewards the contributions of our newest members and says a lot about the future direction and quality of the board. It is the only award in Pacers Digest history to be given out to two different female posters (Pacers_Girl in 2006, and Sookie this past year), and it's winners are some of this forum's greatest assets - taking home twelve other major category awards over the years.

    Past Winners:
    2004 - ChicagoJ
    2005 - SoupIsGood
    2006 - Pacers_Girl
    2007 - Naptown_Seth / thunderbird1245
    2008 - kester99
    2009 - BRushWithDeath
    2010 - Sookie

    This poll will close on Friday at 7 p.m.

  2. #2
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,950

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rookie Poster of the Year - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    pacer is the arvydas sabonis of this forum....

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rookie Poster of the Year - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    Would've voted for pacer4ever for this award LAST YEAR. He is the Blake Griffin of PD. He's been here almost 2 years, ergo I don't consider him a rookie.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,849
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rookie Poster of the Year - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would've voted for pacer4ever for this award LAST YEAR. He is the Blake Griffin of PD. He's been here almost 2 years, ergo I don't consider him a rookie.
    I understand but I don't remember doing one of these last year?? I was gone a few weeks but I dont think one was ever done during that time.

  7. #5
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,090

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rookie Poster of the Year - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would've voted for pacer4ever for this award LAST YEAR. He is the Blake Griffin of PD. He's been here almost 2 years, ergo I don't consider him a rookie.
    If there was an MIP award, he'd be a shoo-in.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:


  9. #6
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rookie Poster of the Year - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If there was an MIP award, he'd be a shoo-in.
    Completely agree.

  10. #7
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,950

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rookie Poster of the Year - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    pacer4ever will win this hands down (and rightfully so) but mattie deserves some votes as well. I just wish I could have voted more times as a lot of these peeps deserve to be voted

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  12. #8
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,089

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rookie Poster of the Year - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    I love this list. There were 5 or 6 guys on there that I wanted to vote for. I guess you will have a great rookie crop when it covers two years.

  13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  14. #9
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Rookie Poster of the Year - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    Is bulletproof a rookie?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  15. #10
    streets ahead
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    DC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,754

    Default Re: Rookie Poster of the Year - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is bulletproof a rookie?
    Yes. xBulletproof joined 06-24-2010 and pacer4ever joined 08-18-2010. Nominations for the last PD Awards (run by Pig Nash) started accepting nominations May 29, 2010.

    Whether Day-V thinks it's valid or not, the Rookie Award is for a new poster since the last PD Awards that has made a strong impression.
    Last edited by avoidingtheclowns; 02-29-2012 at 07:20 PM.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to avoidingtheclowns For This Useful Post:


  17. #11
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,877
    Mood

    Default Re: Rookie Poster of the Year - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    Not sure I would cross Heisenberg if I were you guys.

    http://youtu.be/l3yAx2uCoHs?hd=1
    Last edited by AesopRockOn; 02-29-2012 at 07:28 PM. Reason: No idea why it didn't embed. Whale fail.

  18. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,389

    Default Re: Rookie Poster of the Year - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is bulletproof a rookie?
    Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes. xBulletproof joined 06-24-2010 and pacer4ever joined 08-18-2010. Nominations for the last PD Awards (run by Pig Nash) started accepting nominations May 29, 2010.

    Whether Day-V thinks it's valid or not, the Rookie Award is for a new poster since the last PD Awards that has made a strong impression.
    There was a character known as bulletproof who last posted in December 2010. xBulletproof started posting in June 2010. If they are the same person (which I doubt), then those votes will have to be redistributed. I don't think that they are though.

    This is the largest "rookie" class we've ever had, but I did it this way to make sure nobody was missed because of the lockout. It's probably unfair to anyone who joined since June 2011 because it has given them less time to make an impression or impact, but the alternative was not giving the June 2010 to June 2011 people any shot whatsoever at the award, which I felt was more of a disservice.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:


  20. #13
    Gold Stagger Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,523
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rookie Poster of the Year - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There was a character known as bulletproof who last posted in December 2010. xBulletproof started posting in June 2010. If they are the same person (which I doubt), then those votes will have to be redistributed. I don't think that they are though.

    This is the largest "rookie" class we've ever had, but I did it this way to make sure nobody was missed because of the lockout. It's probably unfair to anyone who joined since June 2011 because it has given them less time to make an impression or impact, but the alternative was not giving the June 2010 to June 2011 people any shot whatsoever at the award, which I felt was more of a disservice.
    xBulletproof is a solid poster, I enjoy his posts. All these guys are good posters, hard to pick just one.

    The other bulletproof was an a-hole most of the time. Highly unlikely they are the same person.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  21. #14
    the goat Haywoode Workman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    430

    Default Re: Rookie Poster of the Year - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    doesn't anyone like me

  22. #15
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,271
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rookie Poster of the Year - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    Damn didn't get a nomination. lol
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  23. #16
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Rookie Poster of the Year - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    xBulletproof is a solid poster, I enjoy his posts. All these guys are good posters, hard to pick just one.

    The other bulletproof was an a-hole most of the time. Highly unlikely they are the same person.
    Dude was smart, but a jerk. This whole time I thought they were the same guy, just grown up and mellowed out. Man, I've gotta pay more attention.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  25. #17
    Member Kuq_e_Zi91's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    2,305

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rookie Poster of the Year - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dude was smart, but a jerk. This whole time I thought they were the same guy, just grown up and mellowed out. Man, I've gotta pay more attention.
    Are we talking about the guy who had a picture of his car as his avatar? He posted pics of his car with bullet holes because no one believed that he got shot at and survived, hence the name bulletproof. I thought it was the same guy too. I thought he got banned and just made another account with an x in front of it.

  26. #18
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,950

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rookie Poster of the Year - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuq_e_Zi91 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought he got banned and just made another account with an x in front of it.
    Wouldn't it be a pretty bad attempt at covering his identity?

  27. #19
    can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,335

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rookie Poster of the Year - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not sure I would cross Heisenberg if I were you guys.

    http://youtu.be/l3yAx2uCoHs?hd=1
    My Lily Of The Valleys haven't bloomed yet. You're all OK.

  28. #20
    streets ahead
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    DC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,754

    Default Re: Rookie Poster of the Year - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    I voted for Sobotka. For your information, he wakes up every morning with an angry blue vein diamond cutter. Blue steel gentlemen. Three and a half inches of hard blue steel.

  29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to avoidingtheclowns For This Useful Post:


  30. #21
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,981

    Default Re: Rookie Poster of the Year - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuq_e_Zi91 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are we talking about the guy who had a picture of his car as his avatar? He posted pics of his car with bullet holes because no one believed that he got shot at and survived, hence the name bulletproof. I thought it was the same guy too. I thought he got banned and just made another account with an x in front of it.
    I thought that was someone else, but that could be me. I thought the guy you are talking about did have a car and himself in his avi or something like that. The guy I'm talking about I absolutely believed when he told he was attacked and shot at while in or near his car. He was here wayyyyyy before 2010, but more like 2005 and later.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  31. #22
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,292

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rookie Poster of the Year - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I voted for Sobotka. For your information, he wakes up every morning with an angry blue vein diamond cutter. Blue steel gentlemen. Three and a half inches of hard blue steel.
    I honestly haven't a clue who Sobotka is but this post made me really glad that you won the humor award.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:


  33. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,930

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rookie Poster of the Year - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought that was someone else, but that could be me. I thought the guy you are talking about did have a car and himself in his avi or something like that. The guy I'm talking about I absolutely believed when he told he was attacked and shot at while in or near his car. He was here wayyyyyy before 2010, but more like 2005 and later.
    I may be mixing up identities, and if so I apologize. I want to say it was Adam1987, but I am not 100%.

    I remember the poster talking about getting shot outside a movie theatre. Either it was brought up in the Colts forum or he started a thread about it in the Pacers forum. Or maybe I am mixing up two stories.

    Either way I know exactly what you are talking about. I even remember him talking about being shot while he was out with his girlfriend.

    I do not recall the avatar or pictures of his car, but I may just have bad memory on that front

  34. #24
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Rookie Poster of the Year - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuq_e_Zi91 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are we talking about the guy who had a picture of his car as his avatar? He posted pics of his car with bullet holes because no one believed that he got shot at and survived, hence the name bulletproof. I thought it was the same guy too. I thought he got banned and just made another account with an x in front of it.


    No that was a different guy, signed his posts Steve or something like that. I think he knew Kim317 in some way.

    The old bp became Harmonica didn't he?
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  35. #25
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,877
    Mood

    Default Re: Rookie Poster of the Year - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My Lily Of The Valleys haven't bloomed yet. You're all OK.
    TIL some posters () refer to Lance Stephenson as a lily of the valley.

Similar Threads

  1. Darksider of the Year - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards
    By LoneGranger33 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 02-27-2012, 12:41 AM
  2. PD Forum Awards?
    By LoneGranger33 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 01-15-2012, 08:27 PM
  3. Replies: 173
    Last Post: 06-28-2010, 01:46 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-21-2010, 09:41 AM
  5. Keeping pace with the Pacers
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-05-2004, 11:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •