Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Golden State postgame thread.

Banned

Default Re: Pacers/Golden State postgame thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tyler was the second leading scorer in a 24-point victory and still managed to be at -6 on +- for the night.
    It all went down on a early thanks to Golden State's 13-0 run from the time Tyler dunked with 02:24 left in the first to when he shot a pair of FT with 10:11 left in the 2nd. Over the run we shot 0-for-4 from the field with 2 TO and 3 of our shots came from downtown while GSW also got back-to-back possessions to end the 1st and start the 2nd.

Unit Breakdown:
    Tyler/Hill/Danny/DC/Roy -2
    Tyler/Hill/Danny/AJ/Foster -7
    Tyler/Hill/AJ/Foster/Jones -4

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ladies and Gentlemen, may I have your attention please:

That is all.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Asher99 View Post
    It all went down on a early thanks to Golden State's 13-0 run from the time Tyler dunked with 02:24 left in the first to when he shot a pair of FT with 10:11 left in the 2nd. Over the run we shot 0-for-4 from the field with 2 TO and 3 of our shots came from downtown while GSW also got back-to-back possessions to end the 1st and start the 2nd.

Unit Breakdown:
    Tyler/Hill/Danny/DC/Roy -2
    Tyler/Hill/Danny/AJ/Foster -7
    Tyler/Hill/AJ/Foster/Jones -4
    My goal's not to pile on Tyler, I like the kid. But at this point, if you're looking for ways to improve the team at the deadline, your best bet is getting a high-quality backup big man to soak up minutes behind Hibbert and West.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

We definitely need to add a "big" big man, someone that could play substantial minutes off the bench at center. Foster is just too old and cannot be relied upon. Not having another C off the bench is our biggest weakness, IMO. We need someone not only for defense and rebounding, but also for 6 fouls a game in a playoff series.

I don't even care how high quality they are - I'm not picky at this point. If we can just get someone remotely adequate that could play 15 minutes a game and most importantly not miss a ton of games then we would be in much better shape for a playoff series. Foster simply cannot be counted on.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Only 12,111 in attendance

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    We need someone not only for defense and rebounding, but also for 6 fouls a game in a playoff series.

I don't even care how high quality they are - I'm not picky at this point. If we can just get someone remotely adequate that could play 15 minutes a game and most importantly not miss a ton of games then we would be in much better shape for a playoff series.
    Aren't you just describing Lou here? I'd like to aim higher.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Roy really has taken it to a new level this year. He is really playing tough in the paint. Grabbing boards like a beast. Intimidating anyone coming near the hoop without fouling. We didn't see that very much before this year.

I agree with getting another Big guy, Kaman seems so obvious. I guess it all depends on what the Hornets new owner wants to do. Also, maybe Kaman doesn't want to play off the bench? But he would be perfect for the team. He seems like the last piece to the puzzle.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post
    Monta who?
    Monta Ellis. You know, the guy who Danny Granger has now outscored in both meetings this season.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Aren't you just describing Lou here? I'd like to aim higher.
    Agreed. I'd like to aim higher too and I'm sure Bird will try hard. But at the very least, we have to add someone, even if it's a guy who isn't very talented.

I don't think I'm describing Lou. Maybe I was describing his skill set. He is 6'9 225 and has a PF body, though he has to play out of position when Foster is out. If we can get someone heavier who is a couple of inches taller with a similar skill set, it would still be an improvement. We just need another big body badly. A body that legitimately qualifies as a center in this league, not a guy who has to play out of position because our 35 year old backup C is constantly out.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Banned

My goal's not to pile on Tyler, I like the kid. But at this point, if you're looking for ways to improve the team at the deadline, your best bet is getting a high-quality backup big man to soak up minutes behind Hibbert and West.
    I'm not accusing you of piling on I'm just showing how Tyler/Hill got hit for bad plus/minus. Tonight's bad bench run was on lack of quality guard play against the zone that they put on our reserves. Our bench had just 3 assists all night and two of them came on the last two baskets we made in the game.

That poor play settling for jumpers along with Golden State having the ball first to start the run, having the ball to end the quarter and to start the 2nd quarter off scoring on all 3 possessions makes for a quick 13-0 run and deep hole to dig out of +/- wise.

If you want to make our bench and team better we could use one player who is a legit plus passer.

Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    Roy really has taken it to a new level this year. He is really playing tough in the paint. Grabbing boards like a beast. Intimidating anyone coming near the hoop without fouling. We didn't see that very much before this year.

I agree with getting another Big guy, Kaman seems so obvious. I guess it all depends on what the Hornets new owner wants to do. Also, maybe Kaman doesn't want to play off the bench? But he would be perfect for the team. He seems like the last piece to the puzzle.
    I'm willing to bet Kaman would be willing to play back-up on a contending team, especially if he was playing 25+ minutes every night. Adding him to this team would make us a contender.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Monta Ellis. You know, the guy who Danny Granger has now outscored in both meetings this season.
    And didn't the Pacers win both of those games?

And didn't Danny shoot a better percentage in both games? And have fewer turnovers? And more steals? And shoot more free throws?

Seriously, the loss of Curry puts the Warriors in a tough spot. The loss of Curry meant that the Pacers could really focus on shutting Monta down, which they were happy to do. Their offense if built around a double-threat backcourt, and with half of that threat missing, their gameplan really comes apart. Just like ours would if we spent a significant amount of time missing one of our All-star frontcourt players.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Agreed. I'd like to aim higher too and I'm sure Bird will try hard. But at the very least, we have to add someone, even if it's a guy who isn't very talented.

I don't think I'm describing Lou. Maybe I was describing his skill set. He is 6'9 225 and has a PF body, though he has to play out of position when Foster is out. If we can get someone heavier who is a couple of inches taller with a similar skill set, it would still be an improvement. We just need another big body badly. A body that legitimately qualifies as a center in this league, not a guy who has to play out of position because our 35 year old backup C is constantly out.
    See, you're looking for a fifth big man. I'm saying I'd like a third.

Enjoy your time at PD!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Their offense if built around a double-threat backcourt, and with half of that threat missing, their gameplan really comes apart.
    The fact that their 3s weren't falling did not help them at all either. But yeah, you're right.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BPump33 View Post
    That would be my guess. It really sounds like we want to add someone of that mold and it sounds like Toronto wants to drop him. It's almost one of those things that makes too much sense.
    If Barbosa is traded it will be here in the next few days Wilson Chandler is officially a free agent he met with the Raptors but they need to create cap room and do it soon,

Barbosa and a protected 1st to Indy

I dont think he makes the team too much better currently we already have G Hill in his role. Unless everyone thinks George can man the pg and I think in spot minutes he can but I doubt he can for 20mpg at a high level.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    For cap space? I'd do it without blinking.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I saw Wells tweet that Rush got booed. Can anyone who was at the game confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    If Barbosa is traded it will be here in the next few days Wilson Chandler is officially a free agent he met with the Raptors but they need to create cap room and do it soon,

I dont think he makes the team too much better currently we already have G Hill in his role. Unless everyone thinks George can man the pg and I think in spot minutes he can but I doubt he can for 20mpg at a high level.
    Didn't he basically do that in SA?

30. The Following User Says Thank You to rexnom For This Useful Post:

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuq_e_Zi91 View Post
    You could heart it on the tv, croshere even mentioned it at one point when Rush broke up the lob the DC was going to give to Paul. Croshere said "I think they're boo'ing the fact that they wanted to see Paul George dunk not at Brandon."

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    You could heart it on the tv, croshere even mentioned it at one point when Rush broke up the lob the DC was going to give to Paul. Croshere said "I think they're boo'ing the fact that they wanted to see Paul George dunk not at Brandon."
    I missed the first half, and I didn't notice it in the second half.

So they were just booing Rush for breaking up the lob?

Mood

Yup. He got booed. Pacers.com has video afterwards asking him about it. He was kinda shocked. I think it genuinely hurt his feelings.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

booing Rush was just stupid, especially after some of the characters this fanbase has endured

36. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

I missed the first half, and I didn't notice it in the second half.

So they were just booing Rush for breaking up the lob?
    not just for that it continued on afterwords seemed like everytime he touched the ball or scored

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    Yup. He got booed. Pacers.com has video afterwards asking him about it. He was kinda shocked. I think it genuinely hurt his feelings.
    Thanks, I just checked it out. I don't know if it hurt his feelings, but he should be shocked. I'm surprised he got booed too.

For all the talk about fans not knowing who is on this team, for them to boo Rush doesn't make sense.

Mood

Thanks, I just checked it out. I don't know if it hurt his feelings, but he should be shocked. I'm surprised he got booed too.

For all the talk about fans not knowing who is on this team, for them to boo Rush doesn't make sense.
    It was a weird thing. It wasn't a loud booing, per se. Still audible, mind you, but nothing like the booing a guy like Ron Artest or Ben Wallace have gotten when appearing at the Fieldhouse.

It seemed to be more of a "Booooo, we're really disappointed with you and how you turned out for us, Booooo." instead of a "BOOOOO! YOU SUCK! YOU'RE A ****ING POTHEAD! PUFF-PUFF-PASS, A**HOLE! BOOOOOOO!"