Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 141

Thread: Pacers/Golden State postgame thread.

  1. #26
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,861

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Golden State postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's a shame he missed on out the second half of the game. Any Pacer fan would have enjoyed it.


    Actually, that play was payback by Granger. The previous possession was a fastbreak 2-on-1 where Paul was at the 3-point line and Danny was underneath. Paul passed to Danny (who got the bucket and the foul) and after was teasing Danny about passing it back out for the slam. Danny laughed about it, but made sure to throw Paul the oop next time he got the ball.
    My brother said the same thing. That has to be a, if not THE, top play on sports center tonight.

  2. #27
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,342

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Golden State postgame thread.

    Nate Robinson fears Area55!
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  4. #28
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Pacers/Golden State postgame thread.

    I'm trying to figure out what to take away from this game.

    1. Vogel's right. If you heard him in the pre-game, he was talking about the difference between the Pacers being a first-round exit and a team that goes deep in the playoffs will be how well they learn to share the ball. The team took that to heart, and it really worked well for them tonight.

    2. I'm not really sure how you improve the team without messing up the chemistry. A good backup 4-5 would go a long way... Tyler put up a good line tonight and Foster was Foster but I'm still continually nervous when Hibbert and West are out of the game. Heck, Tyler was the second leading scorer in a 24-point victory and still managed to be at -6 on +- for the night.

    3. We're solid at every starting position. People knock Collison, and I admit I'd feel a lot more comfortable with him a long-term solution if he was 4 inches taller. But he absolutely is learning to be the floor general out there. When he gets into the game, everybody plays more confident. The team is learning to trust him, and he's learning to trust the team. He played well with the starters tonight and well with the reserves.

    4. Looks like the Lance experiment is over, for now. We're in win now mode, which means Lance gets minutes in blowouts only. I think he can do more than that, but I'm not gonna argue with Vogel. If he can come back next fall with a jumpshot, he'll be doing himself a major favor.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  5. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  6. #29
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Pacers/Golden State postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nate Robinson fears Area55!
    Postgame press conference?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  7. #30
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,342

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Golden State postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Postgame press conference?
    Nah, dude couldn't hit the broadside of a barn most of the night. Usually with Area 55 yelling SMURF at him.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  8. #31

    Default Re: Pacers/Golden State postgame thread.


  9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  10. #32
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,443

    Default Re: Pacers/Golden State postgame thread.

    A great win tonight, but I can't help but notice that our Bench is futile. Our bench came in in the 1st qtr and the Warriors ran the score right back to even. Larry really needs to go out and get a scorer for that 2nd unit.
    Last edited by graphic-er; 02-28-2012 at 10:41 PM.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  11. #33

    Default Re: Pacers/Golden State postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    4. Looks like the Lance experiment is over, for now. We're in win now mode, which means Lance gets minutes in blowouts only. I think he can do more than that, but I'm not gonna argue with Vogel. If he can come back next fall with a jumpshot, he'll be doing himself a major favor.
    I really think Lance is just going to take time to develop. He is 21 and in a contract year. I think the franchise plans to re-sign him for next year. But I think he is ineffective on offense without the ball in his hands. I can't believe they are still playing him at the 2. He is only good with the ball in his hands not standing in a corner. The team might plan on saving him for a later time.

    He is easily our best defensive point guard outside of George Hill. He is definitely stronger than Hill though and has a better knack for the ball defensively. Almost like Paul George but unpolished. If we put him on the best point guards I think he will get confidence and defend them just fine in the future. His arms are long and he has shown he has good hands. This is just my opinion, but I think Lance looks great at point. He really looks out of place at the 2. And the arguments were the opposite. Am I seeing it backwards?

    Anyways great win tonight. 22-12!!! Number 3 in the East!!! Hornets coming up! I'm really looking forward to the hard part of the schedule if we can handle the Hornets. Everyone looked good tonight. And people still say we have no/need more talent? Sure if we can use our cap space to get a steal we do it. But I don't see Bird just throwing out cap space just because. It will be a good deal or it'll fall through.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Midcoasted For This Useful Post:


  13. #34
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Pacers/Golden State postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A great win tonight, but I can't help but notice that our Bench is futile. Our bench came in in the 1st qtr and the Warriors ran the score right back to even. Larry really needs to go out and get a scorer for that 2nd unit.
    Barbosa?

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  15. #35

    Default Re: Pacers/Golden State postgame thread.

    Roy Hibbert , at this point in his career, is a lot better then I ever thought he would be. I take back all those trade scenarios I have ever agreed with or suggested.

    This team is a good backup center away from being a true contender.

    But as the team is now, I think they will be able to hold off the end of season runs that Boston and New York are predicted to make. Third or fourth seed looks more and more like a reality IMO.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MaHa3000 For This Useful Post:


  17. #36
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,443

    Default Re: Pacers/Golden State postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    3. We're solid at every starting position. People knock Collison, and I admit I'd feel a lot more comfortable with him a long-term solution if he was 4 inches taller. But he absolutely is learning to be the floor general out there. When he gets into the game, everybody plays more confident. The team is learning to trust him, and he's learning to trust the team. He played well with the starters tonight and well with the reserves.
    I disagree, he looked great against the Warriors....its not like he was playing against NBA level defense. 5 assists is not enough from my starting PG. He was still dribbling around with the ball until 7-8 seconds left in the shot clock.
    Last edited by graphic-er; 02-28-2012 at 10:52 PM.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:


  19. #37
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,267

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Arrow Re: Pacers/Golden State postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm trying to figure out what to take away from this game.

    1. Vogel's right. If you heard him in the pre-game, he was talking about the difference between the Pacers being a first-round exit and a team that goes deep in the playoffs will be how well they learn to share the ball. The team took that to heart, and it really worked well for them tonight.

    2. I'm not really sure how you improve the team without messing up the chemistry. A good backup 4-5 would go a long way... Tyler put up a good line tonight and Foster was Foster but I'm still continually nervous when Hibbert and West are out of the game. Heck, Tyler was the second leading scorer in a 24-point victory and still managed to be at -6 on +- for the night.

    3. We're solid at every starting position. People knock Collison, and I admit I'd feel a lot more comfortable with him a long-term solution if he was 4 inches taller. But he absolutely is learning to be the floor general out there. When he gets into the game, everybody plays more confident. The team is learning to trust him, and he's learning to trust the team. He played well with the starters tonight and well with the reserves.

    4. Looks like the Lance experiment is over, for now. We're in win now mode, which means Lance gets minutes in blowouts only. I think he can do more than that, but I'm not gonna argue with Vogel. If he can come back next fall with a jumpshot, he'll be doing himself a major favor.
    I'm still not fully convinced about our team chemistry. We just blew out a bad team missing their second best player. It's hard to determine how good our team chemistry is when you lose 5 in a row (4 against good teams) and then win 5 in a row against pretty bad teams. If you have a chance to improve the team so that we are more competitive against the better teams, you do it!..but thats just me.

    On a side note, I attended the game and it was great to see the team completely take it to an opponent at home. Idk how it came across on tv, but the crowd was into the game throughout. We looked impressive against a lowly team, but it was nice to be able to rest the starters in the 4th. 10 games over .500 with another game against a bad team (NO) we have a chance to be 11 games over .500 when we open our toughest stretch of the season next week.

  20. #38
    Member BPump33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,837

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Golden State postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Barbosa?
    That would be my guess. It really sounds like we want to add someone of that mold and it sounds like Toronto wants to drop him. It's almost one of those things that makes too much sense.
    Passion. Pride. Patience. Pacers

  21. #39
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,038

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Golden State postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    with another game against a bad team (NO)
    The Hornets are not a bad team per se. They just cannot close out games or are willingly tanking during the final possessions. They are not as bad as their record indicates.

    That's not to say that we should not beat them, though. It's just that it will not be a blow out. I expect a hard-fought W like last time.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  23. #40

    Default Re: Pacers/Golden State postgame thread.

    And is this another one of our notorious 5 game winning streaks? I think so! I can't remember the last time we went on a 10 game tear. We should smash the Bobcats and if we could somehow beat the next 4 playoff teams I think the Fieldhouse would start seeing more sellouts.

  24. #41
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,254

    Default Re: Pacers/Golden State postgame thread.

    My takeaway seems to be that our young talent including Roy, Paul and DC are all maturing quite well. There was a time not long ago that Roy Hibbert would fall down more often than grab a rebound. That has changed completely. He is now grabbing difficult boards...and he just continues to get stronger.

    Paul has yet to really break out IMO. I've seen this all before folks. Reggie Miller surpassed Chuck Person quite early in his career...but still I see it coming. Paul is going to become the man on this team. Not this year, but next year we are going to see some level of equality between Danny and Paul. Ultimately, this will be Paul's team and we will go only as far as he will take us.

    DC is a better basketball player this year. Not a big fan, but I have to admit he's playing well. Always an effective scorer and great handle...so not too much to complain about.

  25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  26. #42
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Golden State postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Midcoasted View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And is this another one of our notorious 5 game winning streaks? I think so! I can't remember the last time we went on a 10 game tear. We should smash the Bobcats and if we could somehow beat the next 4 playoff teams I think the Fieldhouse would start seeing more sellouts.
    I doubt you see anymore sellouts until we win at least 1 playoff series. The season after that you should see some results.

    That said, I'm just going to enjoy the prices I can find tickets for today, and keep going to games and sitting in the lower center sections for cheap.

  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:


  28. #43

    Default Re: Pacers/Golden State postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A great win tonight, but I can't help but notice that our Bench is futile. Our bench came in in the 1st qtr and the Warriors ran the score right back to even. Larry really needs to go out and get a scorer for that 2nd unit.
    I thought they were pretty blah as well. But the past three times that specific group had played together, they played really well. Their energy just seemed low tonight. I think they were treating it like garbage time from the beginning.

    That said, I think they'll end up being a really good bench unit. Sort of like a goon squad redux (with GH replacing PG)

  29. #44
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,821

    Default Re: Pacers/Golden State postgame thread.

    I am waiting for the trade deadline to bother worrying much about the bench lineup. AJ's definitely getting his opportunity now, we can actually evaluate him starting in 2 games(I don't care what he did against the bobcats). Before we can worry about Lance, the team needs to sort out what they want to do with George Hill. I wouldn't say anything is done for the season yet, unless you are confident that George Hill won't be playing PG this season.

  30. #45
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,826

    Default Re: Pacers/Golden State postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is the best headline I have ever read. Why have we not thought of this before?
    http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...t=28042&page=2
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to MagicRat For This Useful Post:


  32. #46
    Get well PG! DGPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Whiteland, IN
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,036

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Golden State postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is the best headline I have ever read. Why have we not thought of this before?

    It seems like somebody did............





















    Danny
    Granger
    Power
    Ranger
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

  33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DGPR For This Useful Post:


  34. #47
    Redemption. docpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Noblesville, IN
    Posts
    1,685

    Default Re: Pacers/Golden State postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Barbosa?
    Previous 6th man of the year on a good Phoenix squad, languishing today on a <.300 team, and has an expiring contract? Yes please.

    I think that might be a real kiss of death though for George Hill. They might have more luck signing Barbosa on a MLE-type of 3 year deal in the offseason. You start to wonder about what the plan is with Hill, as he's never really got himself into the groove.

    I would guess that they're going to roll the dice on Hill and try to shore up the front court instead.

  35. #48
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,038

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Golden State postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by DGPR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It seems like somebody did............





















    Danny
    Granger
    Power
    Ranger

  36. #49
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Golden State postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good night for teams rocking "Indiana" on the front of their jerseys.

    If we were to get technical here, only ONE team rocked "Indiana" on the front of their jerseys tonight...

  37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:


  38. #50
    The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,580

    Default Re: Pacers/Golden State postgame thread.

    Kaman would be super useful for us it's a shame that the hornets wised up and called him back to start playing.

    he had 17 points 11 rebounds and 5 assists against the Bulls in Chicago

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •