Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 128

Thread: Report: Warriors demanding star for Ellis

  1. #51
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,631

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Warriors demanding star for Ellis

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well a lot of people on ESPN feel that Westbrook and Rose should be playing SG instead of PG, those that make their teams wrong for playing them at the point? I don't think so.

    I would like to know, what can DC do that a guy like Monta can't?

    Note: I'm looking for constructive arguments here.
    Monta clearly is the better Player....but the problem is that I don't see an offer of "DC, a 1st and Capspace" will get it done for the Warriors to part with Monta....nor would I take on Biedrin's contract to get Monta. It would likely cost Granger to get Monta.

    I have ZERO problem if it's DC...but the Warriors won't do that trade. At least for the rest of this season, I am not ready to make a major move to get a Player like Monta IF it costs us a key core Player like Granger. Not because of whose the better Player...but because of the likely impact to the offense/defense and the overall chemistry of the Team in Mid-season. I simply don't know what the impact would be ( either positive or negative ) if we swap Granger for Monta.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  3. #52
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,631

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Warriors demanding star for Ellis

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We get Ellis.
    Warriors get Kaman, Price and a second pick.
    Hornets get our future 1st pick.
    Numbers do work!

    Biedrins will be Amnestied this summer and Kwame Brown is gone at the end of the season. They rolled the dice on Biedrins cause they didn't have a choice and he had been working really hard in the off season. Obviously it didn't help him.

    They have already shown interest in Kaman and I see no reason for them not to try and get him. Especially if they can get an extension or commitment by Kaman.

    I don't think this is enough give for Ellis, but it could be sweetened easily.
    The only way that it could be sweetened is if we swap out AJ for DC.

    The trade would end up being:

    Deal 1

    Pacers send 1st round pick
    Pacers receive Kaman

    Hornets send out Kaman
    Hornets get Pacers 1st

    Deal 2

    Pacers send out DC+2nd+Kaman
    Pacers receive Ellis

    Warriors send out Ellis
    Warriors receive DC+2nd+Kaman

    Unfortunately, I don't think that it's enough.
    Last edited by CableKC; 02-27-2012 at 06:44 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  4. #53
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,528

    Default Re: Report: Warriors demanding star for Ellis

    Let me say this overall about Golden State.

    They need to move Ellis, even if its 70 cents on the dollar. Curry won't be able to realize his potential until they move Ellis. If they could get a Kendrick Perkins type and a Tony Allen type plus a low lottery pick, it wouldn't be sexy, but they'd be better, instantly.

    Its why Ellis for Jokim Noah makes so much sense for them, but the Bulls should never even consider it.

    Now put him in the backcourt with George Hill, that could be interesting...

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:


  6. #54
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,631

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Warriors demanding star for Ellis

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let me say this overall about Golden State.

    They need to move Ellis, even if its 70 cents on the dollar. Curry won't be able to realize his potential until they move Ellis. If they could get a Kendrick Perkins type and a Tony Allen type plus a low lottery pick, it wouldn't be sexy, but they'd be better, instantly.

    Its why Ellis for Jokim Noah makes so much sense for them, but the Bulls should never even consider it.

    Now put him in the backcourt with George Hill, that could be interesting...
    Maybe something with the TWovles involving Pekovic+WesleyJohnson+filler+1st for Monta+filler?

    If needed....WesleyJohnson could be sent to a 3rd Team for a Defensive WingMan?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  8. #55
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,410

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Warriors demanding star for Ellis

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well a lot of people on ESPN feel that Westbrook and Rose should be playing SG instead of PG, those that make their teams wrong for playing them at the point? I don't think so.


    I would like to know, what can DC do that a guy like Monta can't?




    Note: I'm looking for constructive arguments here.
    I actually worded that wrong, my bad. I think he can play point guard in spells. I just think he is best utilized at shooting guard.

    DC can't necessarily do things that Monta can't do. It's just that I think he is less of a ball hog, for lack of a better description. DC does look for his shot first, but so does Monta...and Monta looks for his shot much, much more often than DC. He takes more bad shots, and makes more questionable decisions with the ball. Now, part of that is because he is a more gifted offensive player and has proven in the past that he has the ability to make some of those crazy shots. But when they aren't falling...it's trouble.

    I don't know of anyone on ESPN who thinks that either Rose or Westbrook should be playing SG instead of PG though. I'd be very interested to see some links or something to support that comment.

    Edit: I'm always arguing the case against Monta, but I wouldn't mind acquiring him at the right price. I just don't want to play him at the point. I honestly hope he does get traded to a a solid playoff team and alters his game to become more efficient and less of a volume scorer. I'm just not willing to take the gamble of trading Granger for him, and that's surely what it would take to get him here. Granger, Hibbert, or George.
    Last edited by cdash; 02-27-2012 at 07:32 PM.

  9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  10. #56
    Bring Back Bender bballpacen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,044

    Default Re: Report: Warriors demanding star for Ellis

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe something with the TWovles involving Pekovic+WesleyJohnson+filler+1st for Monta+filler?

    If needed....WesleyJohnson could be sent to a 3rd Team for a Defensive WingMan?
    For DJones...

  11. #57
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Warriors demanding star for Ellis

    I'm demanding $100 for this $10 bill. Any takers?

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:


  13. #58
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,861

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Warriors demanding star for Ellis

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I actually worded that wrong, my bad. I think he can play point guard in spells. I just think he is best utilized at shooting guard.

    DC can't necessarily do things that Monta can't do. It's just that I think he is less of a ball hog, for lack of a better description. DC does look for his shot first, but so does Monta...and Monta looks for his shot much, much more often than DC. He takes more bad shots, and makes more questionable decisions with the ball. Now, part of that is because he is a more gifted offensive player and has proven in the past that he has the ability to make some of those crazy shots. But when they aren't falling...it's trouble.

    I don't know of anyone on ESPN who thinks that either Rose or Westbrook should be playing SG instead of PG though. I'd be very interested to see some links or something to support that comment.

    Edit: I'm always arguing the case against Monta, but I wouldn't mind acquiring him at the right price. I just don't want to play him at the point. I honestly hope he does get traded to a a solid playoff team and alters his game to become more efficient and less of a volume scorer. I'm just not willing to take the gamble of trading Granger for him, and that's surely what it would take to get him here. Granger, Hibbert, or George.
    I think the Thunder would be better with Westbrook at SG (if they brought in a guy at PG). He just doesn't the right mentality to be a PG imo. Even for a scoring PG, idk, to me he just seems like he would be better suited at SG.

    Rose on the other hand, no he is fine at PG. I think he makes good decisions with the ball, actively looks for his teammates. He is a scoring PG, but he runs their offense very well.

    Chicago is at the top of the league in assists while OKC is at the bottom. Westbrook runs OKC a lot like Tyreke Evans runs the Kings. I don't see that from Rose who is in the top 10 for APG, while Westbrook is barely in the top 20. And Westbrook plays with Kevin Durant!

  14. #59
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,272
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Warriors demanding star for Ellis

    I really like Ellis. I have his jersey and love his game. Just not on this team. No thanks.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  15. #60
    Gold Stagger Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,525
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Warriors demanding star for Ellis

    My dad would always tell me to want in one hand, crap in the other one and see which one gets full first.

    Golden State could also take that advice.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  16. #61

    Default Re: Report: Warriors demanding star for Ellis

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My dad would always tell me to want in one hand, crap in the other one and see which one gets full first.

    Golden State could also take that advice.
    So you poop in your hand? Sounds like some unsanitary, fatherly advice to me.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:


  18. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Report: Warriors demanding star for Ellis

    Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So you poop in your hand? Sounds like some unsanitary, fatherly advice to me.

  19. #63
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,631

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Warriors demanding star for Ellis

    Quote Originally Posted by bballpacen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For DJones...
    If the Pacers could be involved as a 3rd Team and the Pacers could get Wesley Johnson for Inferno...sure...I'd do that. I doubt that the Warriors or TWolves would do that....
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  20. #64
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    3,390

    Default Re: Report: Warriors demanding star for Ellis

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would tempted to do Monta for Granger if we could bring in a strong defender at 3, like a Shawn Marion. Monta would play point.
    Wow. I swear this is the first post for a Granger trade that didn't have the words "Have Paul play the 3...".

  21. #65

    Default Re: Report: Warriors demanding star for Ellis

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To me, this is the big thing about any trade involving DG. You have to replace what he can do defensively. Paul is a few years away from handling those assignments over the course of a series. I completely agree with you here!!
    He's a few years away from being strong enough to keep some of the bigger SFs from posting up, but there's only a few of those in the league. Once you get past those players the rest aren't much of a threat. I'd say it's arguably the easiest position to defend. I challenge anyone to find me 5 players Paul can't guard if he had to switch to SF.

    The reason I'm bringing this up is because people keep saying Paul is too weak to defend Sfs like it's just a known fact. He got posted up one time guarding Joe Johnson, and then all of a sudden PD thinks he can't guard anyone in the post? I don't believe that at all. With more experience he could easily guard 90% of the SFs right now. In a couple years there won't be another player in the league you'd rather guard the LeBrons and Durants of the world... yeah IMO he's that good. I would hope if a deal came along Bird liked he wouldn't hesitate to switch him.

    I don't know if anyone caught Barkley's comment during the All Star Game, but apparently he agrees with me that strength is overrated in the NBA. It's nice to have it, but you don't need it.

    Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    If you put him in our lineup as the starting PG
    Really good post. I doubt you get many thanks for it, but I agree we would be a dangerous team. If Monta bought in that team could challenge for a championship IMO.

    But Monta being a selfish malcontent is another known fact around here...

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is Wilson Chandler for the taking if we offer him enough money, Marion and Gerald Wallace are on the trading block, Ariza, Beasley is been shopped for a pick.
    Monta, Paul, and Chandler would be sweeet on the break.

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CJ Jones For This Useful Post:


  23. #66
    Member SycamoreKen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,468

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Warriors demanding star for Ellis

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We get Ellis.
    Warriors get Kaman, Price and a second pick.
    Hornets get our future 1st pick.
    Numbers do work!

    Biedrins will be Amnestied this summer and Kwame Brown is gone at the end of the season. They rolled the dice on Biedrins cause they didn't have a choice and he had been working really hard in the off season. Obviously it didn't help him.

    They have already shown interest in Kaman and I see no reason for them not to try and get him. Especially if they can get an extension or commitment by Kaman.

    I don't think this is enough give for Ellis, but it could be sweetened easily.
    Didn't they use their amnesty slot on Bell? It was one of the moves that had people shaking thier heads.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to SycamoreKen For This Useful Post:


  25. #67
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,824
    Mood

    Default Re: Report: Warriors demanding star for Ellis

    Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I challenge anyone to find me 5 players Paul can't guard if he had to switch to SF.
    I Challenge you!
    These players are just for starters...

    Derrick Stafford
    Jason Phillips
    Dick Bavetta
    Joe Crawford
    Violet Palmer
    Dan Crawford
    Bill Kennedy
    Ken Mauer

  26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:


  27. #68
    Member Derek2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Posts
    1,580
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Warriors demanding star for Ellis

    Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Didn't they use their amnesty slot on Bell? It was one of the moves that had people shaking thier heads.
    Yeah, they amnestied his $4M/1 year contract

  28. #69
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Report: Warriors demanding star for Ellis

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Edit: I'm always arguing the case against Monta, but I wouldn't mind acquiring him at the right price.
    Same here. For all the grief I give Venezuela, I've got no problem with Monta. I'd love to see what he'd do while being coached by Vogel.

    But I'm not seeing GS as a good trading partner here. People are talking about trading Collison for him? That makes NO sense for GS... they're trying to get bigger, remember?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  29. #70

    Default Re: Report: Warriors demanding star for Ellis

    Quote Originally Posted by RLeWorm View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    trade DC or Granger for Ellis. Ellis poops on DC and Granger. Not even a debate
    Yeah. I mean, it's incredible here. People actually think that the Warriors would let Ellis go for Kaman and A.J. Price. It's beyond RETARDED here.

    The problem with the Pacers, the reason the Pacers will NEVER get far, is that they just don't have a goto player. An UNGUARDABLE player -- someone who can get you two (or more) any time he wants (especially during crunch time) on get to the foul line. Last time I looked, the Pacers don't have anyone remotely resembling this. And, Granger's attempt at this against the Bulls last year was COMICAL.

    Once again: Ellis is UNGUARDABLE. This ain't the BRUTISH '90's any longer -- quick, athletic guards, with shooting touches, are the STARS in the present NBA. (Not good acting charge takers.) Unless you have James or Wade or Bryant or Durant on your team -- and the Pacers are VERY FAR from this point -- Ellis is not playing 2nd option. The idea that he'd be BENEATH Hibbert and Granger in terms of a go to role is DELUSIONAL. Then again, that's what repeatedly makes the rounds here.

    Kaman and ****in' A.J. Price for Ellis. Now, that's just flat out embarrassing --- especially given that those offering this actually believe it to be a fair trade.
    Last edited by v_d_g; 02-27-2012 at 10:15 PM.

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to v_d_g For This Useful Post:


  31. #71
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Report: Warriors demanding star for Ellis

    Quote Originally Posted by v_d_g View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Once again: Ellis is UNGUARDABLE.
    You did see the Pacers/Warriors game, right?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  32. #72

    Default Re: Report: Warriors demanding star for Ellis

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You did see the Pacers/Warriors game, right?
    You guys act like Monta sucked that game. He was killing Paul... then he posted up and scored on Hill at will. No one could stop him that game.

    Danny played well too, but cmon man...

  33. #73
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,410

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Report: Warriors demanding star for Ellis

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Same here. For all the grief I give Venezuela, I've got no problem with Monta. I'd love to see what he'd do while being coached by Vogel.

    But I'm not seeing GS as a good trading partner here. People are talking about trading Collison for him? That makes NO sense for GS... they're trying to get bigger, remember?
    Yeah. Honestly the only trade that makes sense for both teams on paper is Granger for Monta straight up, and I don't think Bird would do that and I personally wouldn't want him to do that. The Pacers wouldn't even entertain dealing Hibbert or George unless it netted them someone like Dwight Howard, and he were willing to sign an extension here. Seeing as how that isn't going to happen, those two are off the board for all intents and purposes.

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  35. #74
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Report: Warriors demanding star for Ellis

    Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You guys act like Monta sucked that game. He was killing Paul... then he posted up and scored on Hill at will. No one could stop him that game.

    Danny played well too, but cmon man...
    Mostly that's just me being a pain. Definitely a great game for Monta (although he got outscored by Granger) but I don't think you should call a guy "UNGUARDABLE" when he got stripped on the last possession.

    Still, I won't deny that Monta has the ability to make crazy ridiculous shots.

    The funny thing was that until I looked at the box score, I'd have sworn that Monta outscored Danny. One of the reasons Danny's a hard guy to judge is that he'll have completely quiet nights where you look up and he's scored 20. With Monta, you definitely know it every time he makes a shot. That whole game, I thought "Man, Monta is KILLING us" but I doubt the GS fans were saying the same about Granger, even though Granger scored more points.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  36. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Report: Warriors demanding star for Ellis

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I actually worded that wrong, my bad. I think he can play point guard in spells. I just think he is best utilized at shooting guard.

    DC can't necessarily do things that Monta can't do. It's just that I think he is less of a ball hog, for lack of a better description. DC does look for his shot first, but so does Monta...and Monta looks for his shot much, much more often than DC. He takes more bad shots, and makes more questionable decisions with the ball. Now, part of that is because he is a more gifted offensive player and has proven in the past that he has the ability to make some of those crazy shots. But when they aren't falling...it's trouble.

    I don't know of anyone on ESPN who thinks that either Rose or Westbrook should be playing SG instead of PG though. I'd be very interested to see some links or something to support that comment.

    Edit: I'm always arguing the case against Monta, but I wouldn't mind acquiring him at the right price. I just don't want to play him at the point. I honestly hope he does get traded to a a solid playoff team and alters his game to become more efficient and less of a volume scorer. I'm just not willing to take the gamble of trading Granger for him, and that's surely what it would take to get him here. Granger, Hibbert, or George.
    Skip Bayless hates Westbrook and Rose at the point, he feels like they score too much for his liking.


    Regarding Monta as the point guard and been to much of a ball hog, I would love for you to watch more GS games if you can, he is passing and feeding the other players, if he was such a ball hog, Curry and Lee wouldn't average as much as they average right now, I actually think they lost few games because Mark made Monta the passer instead of the finisher, he gave the ball to Lee at one time and Lee ended up turning the ball over, he also gave the ball to Curry at the end of a game and the same thing happened, I could tell you that it looks like Mark finally figured out that Monta is a closer and is starting to let him close games again reason why they won the Phoenix game by Monta making a last second shot.

Similar Threads

  1. Sources: Warriors eye Mike Brown
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 05-14-2011, 12:16 PM
  2. Indy Star on Reggie's Retirement
    By Bball in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-29-2005, 03:19 PM
  3. Detroit News obtains police report - interesting read!
    By Mourning in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 01-13-2005, 09:24 PM
  4. ticket prices officially increased: (Star report)
    By able in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-13-2004, 12:44 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-11-2004, 07:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •