View Poll Results: Who deserves the Post More Often Award this year?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Anthem

    6 9.52%
  • ChicagoJ

    11 17.46%
  • Kegboy

    3 4.76%
  • Kemo

    3 4.76%
  • MagicRat

    6 9.52%
  • Naptown_Seth

    12 19.05%
  • thunderbird1245

    22 34.92%
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: The Post More Often Award - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

  1. #1
    Member LG33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,908

    Default The Post More Often Award - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    The Post More Often Award – Awarded to the poster who you wish, for whatever reason, would post more often.

    Anthem, ChicagoJ, Kegboy, Kemo, MagicRat, Naptown_Seth, thunderbird1245

    One of the more diverse awards in terms of nominations received, the Post More Often Award has frequently been bequeathed to respected high-volume PDers who have taken a step back or sporadic contributors whose insight and wit leaves you asking for more. This year's field is no different. One of the greater honors of the awards season, the Post More Often Award has never been conferred to the same poster twice, but thunderbird1245 has a chance to end that trend this year. It goes without saying that we'd rather not see these nominees in next year's race.

    Past Winners:
    2006 - mboyle1313
    2007 - Peck
    2008 - thunderbird1245
    2009 - JayRedd
    2010 - Skaut_Ech

    This poll will close on Wednesday at 7 p.m.
    Last edited by LG33; 02-28-2012 at 05:56 PM.

  2. #2
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    20,530

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Post More Often Award - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    Anthem is one of the most valuable posters in this board. I wish he'd post in every game thread.

  3. #3
    Tyrant maragin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,216

    Default Re: The Post More Often Award - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    For me it's TBird, not close. I know when he posts, I'm going to learn something. (Others have a similar effect, like cordobes)

  4. #4
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,706

    Default Re: The Post More Often Award - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    for me this is a shoutout to my brother in pointing point guards!
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  5. #5
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,975
    Mood

    Default Re: The Post More Often Award - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    I only voted for Magic Rat because he is nearly 1,000 years old and may not have too many years of image-based comedy left. I'm terrified that soon the day will come when LG33 accidently spills MR's (shredded) remains on Ryan Seacrest.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:


  7. #6
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,477

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Post More Often Award - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    Keggers

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  8. #7
    Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Broadripple
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,255

    Default Re: The Post More Often Award - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    Could have sworn I nominated Count55 for this category.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

    - ilive4sports

  9. #8
    Member OakMoses's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Montana
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,031

    Default Re: The Post More Often Award - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    Lots of good choices in this one.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

    - Salman Rushdie

  10. #9
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,467

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Post More Often Award - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    I really wish there was an "all of the above" here.

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  12. #10
    Member OakMoses's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Montana
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,031

    Default Re: The Post More Often Award - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite MAN_force View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Could have sworn I nominated Count55 for this category.
    Nominate all you like, it ain't gonna happen.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

    - Salman Rushdie

  13. #11
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,748

    Default Re: The Post More Often Award - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    Heh, I voted for myself accidentally. I meant to vote tbird, the obvious choice.

    In all seriousness, how can I be up for the "post more often" category? Have you guys seen my post count?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anthem is one of the most valuable posters in this board. I wish he'd post in every game thread.
    You got here too late, I've mostly given up on the game threads. They tend to be a wretched hive of scum and villainy.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  15. #12
    Thank you, Danny. Kuq_e_Zi91's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    2,495

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Post More Often Award - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite MAN_force View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Could have sworn I nominated Count55 for this category.
    Yeah, I nominated KennerLeaguer.

  16. #13
    Member LG33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,908

    Default Re: The Post More Often Award - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite MAN_force View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Could have sworn I nominated Count55 for this category.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuq_e_Zi91 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, I nominated KennerLeaguer.
    A lot of posters were nominated, but as per the rules, the top five nominees had multiple nominations:

    ChicagoJ (2), Kemo (2), Roaming Gnome, count55, thunderbird1245 (2), Naptown_Seth (2), Kegboy (2), Anthem (3), Doug, Pig Nash, Grace, flox, TMJ31, owl, cordobes, KennerLeaguer, arkman40, JayRedd, MagicRat (2), duke dynamite

    Unless I made a mistake when adding up the nominations, those two posters only received a single nomination each. I definitely agree that they should post more though.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to LG33 For This Useful Post:


  18. #14
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    20,530

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Post More Often Award - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You got here too late, I've mostly given up on the game threads. They tend to be a wretched hive of scum and villainy.
    That's exactly why I'd want you to write in them. I'm tired of debunking the "Pacers suck in general" argument during half time

  19. #15
    streets ahead
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    DC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,783

    Default Re: The Post More Often Award - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've mostly given up on the game threads. They tend to be a wretched hive of scum and villainy.
    I aim to please.

  20. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,880
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Post More Often Award - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    Tbird I love reading his draft write ups. He confirms some of the stuff I see in a player and then he says stuff I didn't even think of or I disagree with. It makes me go back and watch more film on the player to re analyze a player and certain aspects of that players game. Also liked his piece on the lockout and other random things he writes I always learn something from Tbird.

  21. #17
    Member LG33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,908

    Default Re: The Post More Often Award - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    The voting period is officially over.

    Congratulations to the new winner of the Post More Often Award, thunderbird1245!

    The official tally is as follows:

    thunderbird1245 - 22 votes (35.48% of respondents)
    Naptown_Seth - 12 votes
    ChicagoJ - 10 votes
    Anthem - 6 votes
    MagicRat - 6 votes
    Kegboy - 3 votes
    Kemo - 3 votes

    Winning this award twice is certainly a testament to his many contributions to the forum, but I feel safe in saying that nobody wants to see our coach-in-residence, thunderbird1245, win this award ever again. His draft profiles and team assessments are always worth reading due to his understanding of (and passion for) the game. Our other nominees (the people we miss or just can't get enough of) are, of course, also worthy of great praise. Keep up the good work, guys - just do more of it!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 02-27-2012, 01:41 AM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-25-2012, 07:49 AM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-11-2010, 12:55 AM
  4. PD Forum Awards 2010: Post More Often Award - Skaut_Ech
    By Pig Nash in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-01-2010, 08:03 AM
  5. The Pacers Digest Forum Party has a new date!!!
    By Jose Slaughter in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 05-29-2004, 01:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •