Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Garcon reportedly turns down 5 year/35 mil contract

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Garcon reportedly turns down 5 year/35 mil contract

Stevie Johnson signed for 5 years, 36 million.. He's a lot like Garcon.. Drops some balls but has big time potential.. I would take my chances with Garcon at 30-35 mil.

There's a reason Garcon hasn't gotten 1,000 yards in a season yet and its not because of drops. Its because Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark both get their numbers called a lot, Collie was also becoming a big target for him. Only so many yards to go around.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To me it all depends on how much is garunteed, I would have to have a bunch of bonuses in there, especially for drops...

The 1000 yd season does not bother me as much, this was really the year he would have got it if Peyton was not hurt, before that, there were a lot of options and he was trying to become one of the top two targets with Wayne, Dallas and Collie.

The last couple of years he showed his potential though, he has 2 big things before I think he becomes top receiver, drops and route running.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ownagedood View Post
    Stevie Johnson signed for 5 years, 36 million.. He's a lot like Garcon.. Drops some balls but has big time potential.. I would take my chances with Garcon at 30-35 mil.

There's a reason Garcon hasn't gotten 1,000 yards in a season yet and its not because of drops. Its because Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark both get their numbers called a lot, Collie was also becoming a big target for him. Only so many yards to go around.
    Exactly what i said... But interesting take on the Stevie Johnson thing, they both have similar stories kind of, I think Stevie's route running is a little better, and I think Garcon's blocking is a little better. One other big difference for me was that Johnson was the key focal point of their receiving group and got the most attention, that was not the case with Garcon so we will have to see how he does as a #1 for our team.
    Why so SERIOUS

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Really? For This Useful Post:

For those who are worriered about possibly losing Garcon I just want to give people a heads up on Jeremy Ross who was with the team last year and will be with the team this year.

Ross is will be in the running for the PR/KR duties for the Colts and he has solid size and speed running a 4.39 in his pro day in 2011. He is one of those guys who needs work and a chance to show people what he can do but for personal reasons I hope he can replace Garcon.

Here are a few videos of him in Cal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe_Q9UcZpMw

As you can see he runs hard after the catch and hopefully him and Luck can build some chemistry together.

IF Garcon doesn't want to sign then I hope the Colts go after Josh Morgan of the 49ers on a cheap contract and draft another possesion reciever.
    Last edited by Gamble1; 03-07-2012 at 12:52 PM.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That's a pretty good highlight vid. If nothing else that guy knows EXACTLY when to jump and make someone look stupid. Most guys only do that once or twice in a career. He had 5 in one highlight vid.

Mood

I hope now that Peyton's fate has been decided that Garcon would sign but if he doesn't I would not be overly upset. If he doesn't we draft a WR in the third of fourth round to work into Garcon's role. With Reggie pretty sure being gone and a new system Garcon could look at it like he could be the man at the WR spot. White and Collie are nice short to medium route guys but I think we need that deep threat guy.

Mood

Collie and White are almost 3rd and 4th receivers without Peyton... We will need to draft a guy in the 2nd round and/or grab a guy in free agency, not really the biggest fan of Manningham but I guess he could work...

I think if we just get one guy that should be cool, with Kennan Allen and Robert Woods coming out next year I would have to think the Colts will be targeting one of those guys, both would have been in the top 3 receivers drafted this year.
    Why so SERIOUS

Mood

Marques Colston just got 5 years, $40 million from the Saints. The Colts were going to pay Garcon 7/8ths of what Colston got for 3/8ths of the talent.

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    Marques Colston just got 5 years, $40 million from the Saints. The Colts were going to pay Garcon 7/8ths of what Colston got for 3/8ths of the talent.
    Garcon has more talent than Colston, Pierre just has worse hands. I would prefer to keep Garcon around 35 mil than have Colston at 40 mil if it was my team

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Ownagedood View Post
    Garcon has more talent than Colston, Pierre just has worse hands. I would prefer to keep Garcon around 35 mil than have Colston at 40 mil if it was my team
    since when is hands not a talent?? IMO hands is the most important talent in a WR. With your logic Pierre Garcon is more talented than Jerry Rice.

they should of gave Nicks the money instead I agree but Colston is a much much better WR than Garcon.

I don't think Garcon has bad hands per se, but just doesn't focus on the ball. The passes he does drop are the easiest ones thrown to him, while he pulls off the most ridiculous catches with the more difficult ones.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Looks like Garcon picked to go to the Redskins... should be fun to watch an offense with RGIII and Garcon together

Also, he's apparently getting $42 mil a year.... guess I'm not the only one who thinks he's a valuable talent... I wouldn't have wanted him here for that much tho! good luck to him, hes a classy guy.. Ill miss his swag.
    Last edited by Ownagedood; 03-13-2012 at 06:54 PM.

Mood

Redskins have been in financial trouble for years for giving bad contracts and it seems like this trend will continue...
    Why so SERIOUS