Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Dahntay Jones vs. El Pacero?

Default Re: Dahntay Jones vs. El Pacero?

Quote Originally Posted by kielbeze View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To be fair also El Pacero has probably posed for more pictures with fans than D Jones ever has. I have never one time seen him ignore fan even of the opposing team when they ask for a picture. Sometimes it can even get to the point that I am going ok leave him alone, and I have never seen him do anything but tell them "yeah sure" "go pacers" Try to walk through Superbowl village with the guy and make it to the other side in a timely manner.
    I know already what some are going to say about his willingness to pose for a photo but it is WORK. and even if El Pacero was a worldwide Celeberty they guy would never snub a fan.
    What's funny is this post while defending El Pacero actually may support DJ too. Sounds like being a celebrity can be a gift and a curse at the same time.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

In defense of El Pacero, he was hardly the only one commenting on DJones' propensity to shoot too much during the preseason (see item #5)...

http://pacersdigest.com/showthread.p...es#post1323371

Having said that, preseason games are just preseason games, and I think Dahntay has been solid this year during the regular season. There have actually been times where I have been thankful that he's willing to try to get to the basket and score with the second unit because they seem to bog down a lot on offense...

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Pacero told me on Twitter that he and Dahntay are "Best buds, he blew us off, whatever" and that "Not a lot of players are crazy about the guy in the mask, anyway". It's paraphrased, but you guys get the picture.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    How does Spock smash scissors? With his bare hands?
    Vulcan Death Grip

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Dahntay is a bit of a jerk.. I notice he always does little things in the game that tick opponents off that is unnecessary.. But I don't mind it too much if he keeps it in check and doesn't try and start stuff with them, just aggravates them a bit. But I also noticed him disrespecting Buddinger as he sat right next to him during the dunk contest.

At least show SOME respect to fellow players Dahntay!

With all that aside, Pacero was in the wrong just as much as Dahntay on this matter. Just wanted to add my on Dahntay.

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    What's funny is I can highlight a portion of your statement to make it seem as if you are saying something totally different.
    fixed

fixed
    Wow, I wasn't trying to be cocky or miss represent what you posted.

I'm not trying to take sides here and what I was merely trying to point out is......... El Pacero has reached a certain fame status at least in the world of Pacer. You note that people come up to him for pictures and sometimes you think leave him alone. Could maybe Dantay feel the same, that sometimes just leave me alone? Is he not afforded the same consideration as El Pacero if he would turn down someone for a picture?
    Last edited by RWB; 02-28-2012 at 01:11 PM.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Wow, I wasn't trying to be cocky or miss represent what you posted.

I'm not trying to take sides here and what I was merely trying to point out is......... El Pacero has reached a certain fame status at least in the world of Pacer. You note that people come up to him for pictures and sometimes you think leave him alone. Could maybe Dantay feel the same, that sometimes just leave me alone? Is he not afforded the same consideration as El Pacero if he would turn down someone for a picture?
    No lol I am just a smart@## don't take offense.
    I was just saying that my whole point is I don't think Pacero has ever turned down a fan for a photo. Nor do I think he ever would.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kielbeze For This Useful Post:

RWB

No lol I am just a smart@## don't take offense.
    I was just saying that my whole point is I don't think Pacero has ever turned down a fan for a photo. Nor do I think he ever would.
    That's cool, guess I was a little confused. I'm a big supporter of what you guys and gals do for the Pacers. Shoot I posted this back on the 15th in the AREA 55 thread.

Reading this thread just reminds me to keep your chin up guys/gals. I think you're great ambassadors for the Pacers and for some you really step up to the next level. The stories of handing items to the kids (include BillS in this) is fantastic. In addition to that I've witnessed AREA 55 folks just in the regular concourse going to the game pointing out people they don't know and giving a thumbs up or shout out for being a fan. People like that acknowledgement since you are seen on tv all the time. Can't beat that community feeling and something that was so lacking at the fieldhouse. Frankly the only place you could get that before was right here on PD.

Kudos once again to the members of AREA 55!!!!!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

When are we going to have an interview with Mean Gene Okerlund and El Pacero so he can explain what went down?

@Pacers24Colts12

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacers24Colts12 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PacersCenter View Post
    When are we going to have an interview with Mean Gene Okerlund and El Pacero so he can explain what went down?
    I heard Pacero is going to tell his side of the story on the next episode of Piper's Pit......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MagicRat For This Useful Post: