Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2012 NBA All-Star Game Thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2012 NBA All-Star Game Thread

By the way guys... How can Tom Thibodeau only play BIG ROY HIBBERT 10 measly minutes in the All-Star Game?!?!!?

WE WILL NEVER FORGET THIS!
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

Guys aren't going to go out there and give it 100% and play lock down defense. It is a fun game during a break in the middle of the season. I prefer the players don't get hurt or any thing. Not saying I don't want to see some effort on D, but I don't blame them a bit for not going all out.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

No shame in Roy's game. He played the second least number of minutes on the East team and still did better than several players. Decent first showing for the big guy.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to joeyd For This Useful Post:

Glad that Roy didn't play much, no need to wear him down.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bird Fan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    By the way guys... How can Tom Thibodeau only play BIG ROY HIBBERT 10 measly minutes in the All-Star Game?!?!!?

WE WILL NEVER FORGET THIS!
    I think he did us a favor! Like Bird Fan said, glad he wasn't worn down. Always glad that nobody really gets hurt in those games.

Mood

I'm just happy to see him out there at all. Not really his kind of game, but I hope this all sinks in with him that he worked hard to deserve to be there in the first place. Proud of that guy.

11. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

The true honor was being selected in the first place... what happens in the game is gravy to me!
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

13. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Roaming Gnome For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I mean Roy at least looked like he kind of belonged out there. Luol Deng and Paul Pierce looked like they were plopped in from outer space.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Was it just me that Durant and Westbrook looked like they were taking the game way more seriously than everybody else? I think they knew that if you drove the lane nobody was going to get in your way so they had a lot of cheap dunks. I kept thinking why doesn't somebody knock them on their a**. Just like during the regular season both of them never met a shot they didn't like. I used to think Durant was humble but I don't get that vibe anymore. I think he's getting big for his britches now. I don't mean to turn into a Thunder hater but these guys attitudes makes me root against them anymore.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I hope Roy was able to pick the brains of Lebron and guys like he said he wanted to and learned a thing or two.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Wow, that foul by Wade broke Kobe's nose

Exactly, the stats line doesn't matter. The nomination of Roy is what counts. That's a tribute to his outstanding work ethic and dedication to get better every day in every way, even if it sometimes means to address a shattered level of confidence by seeking the aid of a psychologist, even if it means to drop and later gain like 40 pounds or to play through a broken nose.

Roy is a class act, on and off the court, and a perfect ambassador for the Indiana Pacers.

Plus, you just can't look good as a big man in an All-Star game where nobody cares about defense. Okay, maybe you can kid yourself to think you're one of the guys by taking tough pills and tons of 3-point attempts..

RLeWorm

imo im happy he didn't play a lot of minutes. But i wonder if Roy wanted more minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    I mean Roy at least looked like he kind of belonged out there. Luol Deng and Paul Pierce looked like they were plopped in from outer space.
    Maybe out of Nicki Minaj's starship? Oh, wait, Pierce and Deng were wearing shirts.....
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    Was it just me that Durant and Westbrook looked like they were taking the game way more seriously than everybody else? I think they knew that if you drove the lane nobody was going to get in your way so they had a lot of cheap dunks. I kept thinking why doesn't somebody knock them on their a**. Just like during the regular season both of them never met a shot they didn't like. I used to think Durant was humble but I don't get that vibe anymore. I think he's getting big for his britches now. I don't mean to turn into a Thunder hater but these guys attitudes makes me root against them anymore.
    goodness, some people take things way to seriously.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to righteouscool For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by righteouscool View Post
    goodness, some people take things way to seriously.
    Yeah...Durant and Westbrook I wasn't just talking about that game. I've watched a few Thunder games this year. The last one I watched they were jawing at Kobe like they have actually won something before. Lost some respect for them right there. Also some of the interviews I see with Durant he just doesn't seem as humble anymore to me.
    Last edited by presto123; 02-27-2012 at 12:46 PM.

I was walking back from lunch a little while ago and seen a couple guys up the sidewalk talking. As I walked past them one guy says to the other, "Yeah man the West won. LeBron punked out and passed off the chance to tie it at the end, and turned it over." I walked by laughing a little under my breath, he asked if I had seen it also, I smiled and nodded.
    FOLLOW ME: @WarnerSays

IU > Kentucky

Biggest PHILLIES PHAN in Indiana

“And as I go,I go with just a few words left to say,a few words I want to address to Colts fans everywhere, thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. I truly have enjoyed being your quarterback. Thank you.”
    - Peyton Manning

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    I hope Roy was able to pick the brains of Lebron and guys like he said he wanted to and learned a thing or two.
    Would not surprise me if those guys even cared to talk to Roy.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Quote Originally Posted by _The_Future_ View Post
    I was walking back from lunch a little while ago and seen a couple guys up the sidewalk talking. As I walked past them one guy says to the other, "Yeah man the West won. LeBron punked out and passed off the chance to tie it at the end, and turned it over." I walked by laughing a little under my breath, he asked if I had seen it also, I smiled and nodded.
    ...to be clear, we are making fun of a guy that had 36 points, 7 assists and shot %65?

Out of curiosity, had Roy dropped 36 and turned it over at the end, would we be laughing?
    Last edited by Kstat; 02-27-2012 at 12:49 PM.

TV ratings were very good. Not sure where Indianapolis factored in but they weren't in the top 5 for either night.

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2012...ting-since-05/

Despite Facing Oscars, NBA All-Star Game Earns Second-Best Overnight Rating Since ’05

Despite an earlier start time and hefty competition from the Academy Awards, the 2012 NBA All-Star Game earned strong numbers on TNT Sunday night.

The NBA All-Star Game drew a 5.4 overnight rating on TNT Sunday night, down 13% from last year (6.2). The game was the earliest NBA All-Star Game since 2002 and aired directly opposite the Academy Awards.

The 5.4 overnight for Sunday’s game is the second-highest for the NBA All-Star Game since 2005, behind only last year.

The NBA All-Star Game drew a lower overnight than the MLB All-Star Game last July (7.9) and the NFL Pro Bowl in January (7.9). The NHL All-Star Game, the only other All-Star Game to air on cable over the past year, earned a 1.0 overnight.

Of note, overnight ratings have declined for the most recent NBA, MLB and NFL All-Star games. Only the NHL All-Star Game managed to avoid a decline (the 1.0 overnight was even with the previous year).

Miami-Ft. Lauderdale (10.5) was the top market for Sunday’s game, followed by Oklahoma City (10.1). Host-market Orlando turned in a 9.7 — down 16% from last year’s game in host market Los Angeles (11.6). The ratings in those three markets rank as the highest ever for the All-Star Game on TNT. Rounding out the top five were Chicago (8.7) and Los Angeles (8.3).

On Saturday, NBA All-Star Saturday night earned a 4.4 overnight rating. Overnight ratings for last year’s event were not available. The 4.4 is tied with 2009 as the second-highest overnight in the history of the event.

Miami-Ft. Lauderdale (9.4) led all markets for Saturday’s telecast, followed by San Antonio (7.5), host market Orlando (7.3), Oklahoma City (6.9) and Atlanta and Chicago (6.5 each).
    For some perspective, the Major League Baseball Home Run Derby earned a 4.8 overnight on ESPN last July.

(This year’s numbers from Turner Sports)

Sports Logo

Why's everyone ignoring that Lebron gave Deron Williams a GREAT look for the tie but Williams put up a friggin brick?

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Would not surprise me if those guys even cared to talk to Roy.
    because they are such horrible people.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Why's everyone ignoring that Lebron gave Deron Williams a GREAT look for the tie but Williams put up a friggin brick?
    I actually think that was the right decision and is what Thibs drew up, certainly looked like a set play to me. His next pass was terrible though.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    because they are such horrible people.
    A lot of guys were cheering for Roy while he was in. Couldn't make out who exactly it was but a lot of "yeah Roy," "get it Roy" when he got on the floor for a loose ball. Seemed pretty well liked.

The best player in the game had a chance to go one on one against Kobe to win or lose the game and give a great moment to the fans and passed on it? Just like Kobe said to him......Lebron....what are you thinking......take the shot. He practically single handedly brought the East back it was his shot to take. Please don't defer in the Finals this year Lebron.