Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: The Pacers' weakest link: DC?

Default Re: The Pacers' weakest link: DC?

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Of course Mckeys ignorant a thanked this retarded post about city population, has nothing to do with markets in the NBA and makes your argument look even worse for you now.
    Yeah, you really showed him.

Seriously, man, I can hardly understand what you're saying here. Might be worth a re-write.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Yeah, you really showed him.

Seriously, man, I can hardly understand what you're saying here. Might be worth a re-write.
    Was I talking to you? Might want to stop brown nosing.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    Read it again, that is the list of the 100 biggest markets. You don't know what you are talking about..... You have "market" confused with something else. You need a check up from neck up.......
    Sure those are the top 100 tv markets. BUT we arent talking about TV markets, we are talking about the NBA markets. They are two different things.

The Celtics, which play in a smaller TV market than the 76ers not only make $20 million a year in their TV contract, but also get a 20% stake in CSN NE while the Sixers are getting $13 million a year. So which team is playing in the bigger market?

The Celtics are the 4th most valuable team in the league, the Sixers are the 17th. The size of the television markets don't determine the size of NBA Markets. This is why the Celtics are a bigger market team than the Sixers.

Was I talking to you? Might want to stop brown nosing.
    Who is there for me to brown-nose to? I was the fourth guy on the forum, behind Hicks, Shade, and Jose.

I'm also the resident grammar nazi, in case you didn't know.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Say it out loud. Graham Mernatsi's Avatar

Who is there for me to brown-nosing to? I was the fourth guy on the forum, behind Hicks, Shade, and Jose.

Oh no you did not.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Graham Mernatsi For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    Sure those are the top 100 tv markets. BUT we arent talking about TV markets, we are talking about the NBA markets. They are two different things.

The Celtics, which play in a smaller TV market than the 76ers not only make $20 million a year in their TV contract, but also get a 20% stake in CSN NE while the Sixers are getting $13 million a year. So which team is playing in the bigger market?

The Celtics are the 4th most valuable team in the league, the Sixers are the 17th. The size of the television markets don't determine the size of NBA Markets. This is why the Celtics are a bigger market team than the Sixers.
    Once again, you don't know what you are talking about. You are using the term "market" but you describe something entirely different.... What you are discussing has nothing to do with "market". You make no sense at all as Hicks tried to tell you.... Popularity and "market" are two very different things but you apparently just do not understand that. By the way, I didn't show you the 100 biggest cities, I showed you the 100 biggest "markets." That includes people living in the surrounding communities........

Once again, you don't know what you are talking about. You are using the term "market" but you describe something entirely different.... What you are discussing has nothing to do with "market". You make no sense at all as Hicks tried to tell you.... Popularity and "market" are two very different things but you apparently just do not understand that. By the way, I didn't show you the 100 biggest cities, I showed you the 100 biggest "markets." That includes people living in the surrounding communities........
    I'm going to jump in here, because technically, you are right. But the term "big market" is tossed around in a different context in NBA circles. I think for NBA purposes, when analysts or announcers call a team a "big market" team, it means LA, New York, and Chicago. That includes both LA teams, and both NY area teams (yes, the Nets are included). In NBA terms, those are the top tier. The next tier would be something like Boston, Miami, Dallas, Houston, Golden State. The tier after that would probably consist of: Washington, Atlanta, Phoenix, Denver, Toronto, Orlando, Detroit and Philadelphia. Sadly, the bottom tier would be: Indiana, Milwaukee, Charlotte, Philadelphia, Memphis, New Orleans, Utah, Minnesota, Portland, Sacramento. That is obviously just my quick stab at it, and you can make arguments that some markets should be higher or lower, but in general, I think that's how it is broken down in the NBA.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Mernatsi View Post
    Oh no you did not.

I think this was the goal:

Of course MckeyFan is ignorant and thanked this retarded post about city population, even though it has nothing to do with markets in the NBA. It makes your argument look even worse for you now.

See? I can be constructive.

Graham, I think I can speak for all of us when I say it's hard to believe you've been posting on here since 2006. Six years? Where does the time go?

=====

EDIT: I'm still chuckling. That "I'm also the resident grammar nazi" line is going to have me smiling all night.
    Last edited by Anthem; 02-27-2012 at 10:52 PM.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Banned
    Mood

Who is there for me to brown-nose to? I was the fourth guy on the forum, behind Hicks, Shade, and Jose.

You would be in big trouble on the Indianapols Star Pacers blog. I see nothing wrong with your statement about grammar nazi. I called a couple of people there Pacers Nazis and I was harrassed forever and I am kicked off of that blog every time I post no matter how innocent the post. Those idiots accused me of comparing them to the Nazis in Germany. I don't think that is what means in a modern contest but they couldn't understand that. There are a lot of people here who have comprehension problems too..... When I said Pacers Nazi, I meant they were overzealous and that they had no respect for opinions that differed from theirs and I held a lot of those opinions as I do here.........

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    I don't see an option to really upgrade the SG spot, well one that makes sense without taking steps back in other positions. The only SG I can see us getting that would be an upgrade is Ray Allen, who wont come cheap and it doesn't fix the weak spot of the team (which isn't Jones/Price/Lance getting minutes).

PG is our weak spot. I see more options at bringing in a better PG than a SG, especially since DC isn't good on defense. I would love to bring in Andre Miller. Good defender, pass first PG, veteran who knows what he's doing, tough as nails. He would improve the team more than any SG we can realistically can get.
    I see a lot of trade options for a sg. We need a scorer and Lance, Price, and Jones don't get the job done. I'm not sure why you even say they aren't the weak spot. They are the weak spot because they are getting minutes. I guess Larry doesn't know basketball either because he has been going after Mayo, Crawford and even looked at Redd. A lot of you say that DC is a defensive liability and that's not true in the position of PG's. Very few PG's play good defense and most PG gets lost off of picks. If we do need a hand on the defense side of the ball we do have the luxury of Hill.

We need a scorer at the 2 spot, period! We also need a quality back up center, which is far more important then a pg in the middle of a shortened season.

I'll be the guy wearing the DC2 jersey in Area55 tonight. I like Darren and hope he continues to improve.
    Passion. Pride. Patience. Pacers

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BPump33 For This Useful Post:

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

You would be in big trouble on the Indianapols Star Pacers blog. I see nothing wrong with your statement about grammar nazi. I called a couple of people there Pacers Nazis and I was harrassed forever and I am kicked off of that blog every time I post no matter how innocent the post. Those idiots accused me of comparing them to the Nazis in Germany. I don't think that is what means in a modern contest but they couldn't understand that. There are a lot of people here who have comprehension problems too..... When I said Pacers Nazi, I meant they were overzealous and that they had no respect for opinions that differed from theirs and I held a lot of those opinions as I do here.........
    Jesus Blu, you've listed at least half a dozen different reasons why the Fourth Reich kicked you off their boards.

Common denominator?

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    Jesus Blu, you've listed at least half a dozen different reasons why the Fourth Reich kicked you off their boards.

Common denominator?
    I think we should open up a thread just for Mackey Rose vs. Ol' Blu.
    Passion. Pride. Patience. Pacers

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post

Common denominator?
    Not boards, just the Pacers board. I can post on the Colts board there with no problem. It is what it is and the Nazi business but a twist in their knickers....

Having differences over on the RATS forums probably isn't a very good reason to try to call someone out, considering that's how this board was created. Hicks created this place, because of all the crap that went down over there.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Of course Mckeys ignorant a thanked this retarded post about city population, has nothing to do with markets in the NBA and makes your argument look even worse for you now.
    Apology accepted.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

22. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

I think this was the goal:

Of course MckeyFan is ignorant and thanked this retarded post about city population, even though it has nothing to do with markets in the NBA. It makes your argument look even worse for you now.

See? I can be constructive.

Graham, I think I can speak for all of us when I say it's hard to believe you've been posting on here since 2006. Six years? Where does the time go?

=====

EDIT: I'm still chuckling. That "I'm also the resident grammar nazi" line is going to have me smiling all night.
    It's a small internet, Graham. Seriously, I didn't know you guys were so very close.

http://forums.applenova.com/showthread.php?t=16966

24. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    It's a small internet, Graham. Seriously, I didn't know you guys were so very close.

Holy cow! You are the man. I bow down before the strength of your google-fu. Well done!

It's technically not a secret, but it usually takes new people a while to figure out. I've never had somebody pull that trick on me, though.

I figured I showed too many cards this time, but I really didn't expect that.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post

I'm not sure whether to laugh or to pull my underwear back up.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    I'm not sure whether to laugh or to pull my underwear back up.
    Seriously, May 2006. The Internet never forgets.

Enjoy your time at PD!

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Darren Collison ranks #92 in turnovers, he has the fewest turnovers per game amongst starting point guards, 1.8 T.O. per game. While he may be the "weakest link" on the starting line-up, I believe that this only boasts the strength of our line up.

Darren Collison has the assets required to win.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1984 For This Useful Post: