Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 126 to 146 of 146

Thread: The Pacers' weakest link: DC?

  1. #126
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: The Pacers' weakest link: DC?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Of course Mckeys ignorant a thanked this retarded post about city population, has nothing to do with markets in the NBA and makes your argument look even worse for you now.
    Yeah, you really showed him.

    Seriously, man, I can hardly understand what you're saying here. Might be worth a re-write.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  3. #127
    Member Hibbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Stay at ya mammy house
    Age
    32
    Posts
    976

    Default Re: The Pacers' weakest link: DC?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, you really showed him.

    Seriously, man, I can hardly understand what you're saying here. Might be worth a re-write.
    Was I talking to you? Might want to stop brown nosing.

  4. #128
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,861

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Pacers' weakest link: DC?

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Read it again, that is the list of the 100 biggest markets. You don't know what you are talking about..... You have "market" confused with something else. You need a check up from neck up.......
    Sure those are the top 100 tv markets. BUT we arent talking about TV markets, we are talking about the NBA markets. They are two different things.

    The Celtics, which play in a smaller TV market than the 76ers not only make $20 million a year in their TV contract, but also get a 20% stake in CSN NE while the Sixers are getting $13 million a year. So which team is playing in the bigger market?

    The Celtics are the 4th most valuable team in the league, the Sixers are the 17th. The size of the television markets don't determine the size of NBA Markets. This is why the Celtics are a bigger market team than the Sixers.

  5. #129
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: The Pacers' weakest link: DC?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was I talking to you? Might want to stop brown nosing.
    Who is there for me to brown-nose to? I was the fourth guy on the forum, behind Hicks, Shade, and Jose.

    I'm also the resident grammar nazi, in case you didn't know.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  6. #130
    Say it out loud. Graham Mernatsi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Grammar School
    Posts
    61

    Default Re: The Pacers' weakest link: DC?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who is there for me to brown-nosing to? I was the fourth guy on the forum, behind Hicks, Shade, and Jose.

    I'm also the resident grammar nazi, in case you didn't know.
    Oh no you did not.


  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Graham Mernatsi For This Useful Post:


  8. #131
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Pacers' weakest link: DC?

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sure those are the top 100 tv markets. BUT we arent talking about TV markets, we are talking about the NBA markets. They are two different things.

    The Celtics, which play in a smaller TV market than the 76ers not only make $20 million a year in their TV contract, but also get a 20% stake in CSN NE while the Sixers are getting $13 million a year. So which team is playing in the bigger market?

    The Celtics are the 4th most valuable team in the league, the Sixers are the 17th. The size of the television markets don't determine the size of NBA Markets. This is why the Celtics are a bigger market team than the Sixers.
    Once again, you don't know what you are talking about. You are using the term "market" but you describe something entirely different.... What you are discussing has nothing to do with "market". You make no sense at all as Hicks tried to tell you.... Popularity and "market" are two very different things but you apparently just do not understand that. By the way, I didn't show you the 100 biggest cities, I showed you the 100 biggest "markets." That includes people living in the surrounding communities........

  9. #132
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,416

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Pacers' weakest link: DC?

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Once again, you don't know what you are talking about. You are using the term "market" but you describe something entirely different.... What you are discussing has nothing to do with "market". You make no sense at all as Hicks tried to tell you.... Popularity and "market" are two very different things but you apparently just do not understand that. By the way, I didn't show you the 100 biggest cities, I showed you the 100 biggest "markets." That includes people living in the surrounding communities........
    I'm going to jump in here, because technically, you are right. But the term "big market" is tossed around in a different context in NBA circles. I think for NBA purposes, when analysts or announcers call a team a "big market" team, it means LA, New York, and Chicago. That includes both LA teams, and both NY area teams (yes, the Nets are included). In NBA terms, those are the top tier. The next tier would be something like Boston, Miami, Dallas, Houston, Golden State. The tier after that would probably consist of: Washington, Atlanta, Phoenix, Denver, Toronto, Orlando, Detroit and Philadelphia. Sadly, the bottom tier would be: Indiana, Milwaukee, Charlotte, Philadelphia, Memphis, New Orleans, Utah, Minnesota, Portland, Sacramento. That is obviously just my quick stab at it, and you can make arguments that some markets should be higher or lower, but in general, I think that's how it is broken down in the NBA.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  11. #133
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: The Pacers' weakest link: DC?

    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Mernatsi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh no you did not.

    I think this was the goal:

    Of course MckeyFan is ignorant and thanked this retarded post about city population, even though it has nothing to do with markets in the NBA. It makes your argument look even worse for you now.

    See? I can be constructive.


    Graham, I think I can speak for all of us when I say it's hard to believe you've been posting on here since 2006. Six years? Where does the time go?

    =====

    EDIT: I'm still chuckling. That "I'm also the resident grammar nazi" line is going to have me smiling all night.
    Last edited by Anthem; 02-27-2012 at 10:52 PM.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  12. #134
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Pacers' weakest link: DC?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who is there for me to brown-nose to? I was the fourth guy on the forum, behind Hicks, Shade, and Jose.

    I'm also the resident grammar nazi, in case you didn't know.
    You would be in big trouble on the Indianapols Star Pacers blog. I see nothing wrong with your statement about grammar nazi. I called a couple of people there Pacers Nazis and I was harrassed forever and I am kicked off of that blog every time I post no matter how innocent the post. Those idiots accused me of comparing them to the Nazis in Germany. I don't think that is what means in a modern contest but they couldn't understand that. There are a lot of people here who have comprehension problems too..... When I said Pacers Nazi, I meant they were overzealous and that they had no respect for opinions that differed from theirs and I held a lot of those opinions as I do here.........

  13. #135
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,824
    Mood

    Default Re: The Pacers' weakest link: DC?

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't see an option to really upgrade the SG spot, well one that makes sense without taking steps back in other positions. The only SG I can see us getting that would be an upgrade is Ray Allen, who wont come cheap and it doesn't fix the weak spot of the team (which isn't Jones/Price/Lance getting minutes).

    PG is our weak spot. I see more options at bringing in a better PG than a SG, especially since DC isn't good on defense. I would love to bring in Andre Miller. Good defender, pass first PG, veteran who knows what he's doing, tough as nails. He would improve the team more than any SG we can realistically can get.
    I see a lot of trade options for a sg. We need a scorer and Lance, Price, and Jones don't get the job done. I'm not sure why you even say they aren't the weak spot. They are the weak spot because they are getting minutes. I guess Larry doesn't know basketball either because he has been going after Mayo, Crawford and even looked at Redd. A lot of you say that DC is a defensive liability and that's not true in the position of PG's. Very few PG's play good defense and most PG gets lost off of picks. If we do need a hand on the defense side of the ball we do have the luxury of Hill.

    We need a scorer at the 2 spot, period! We also need a quality back up center, which is far more important then a pg in the middle of a shortened season.

  14. #136
    Member BPump33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,837

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Pacers' weakest link: DC?

    I'll be the guy wearing the DC2 jersey in Area55 tonight. I like Darren and hope he continues to improve.
    Passion. Pride. Patience. Pacers

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BPump33 For This Useful Post:


  16. #137
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,102

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Pacers' weakest link: DC?

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You would be in big trouble on the Indianapols Star Pacers blog. I see nothing wrong with your statement about grammar nazi. I called a couple of people there Pacers Nazis and I was harrassed forever and I am kicked off of that blog every time I post no matter how innocent the post. Those idiots accused me of comparing them to the Nazis in Germany. I don't think that is what means in a modern contest but they couldn't understand that. There are a lot of people here who have comprehension problems too..... When I said Pacers Nazi, I meant they were overzealous and that they had no respect for opinions that differed from theirs and I held a lot of those opinions as I do here.........
    Jesus Blu, you've listed at least half a dozen different reasons why the Fourth Reich kicked you off their boards.

    Common denominator?

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:


  18. #138
    Member BPump33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,837

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Pacers' weakest link: DC?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jesus Blu, you've listed at least half a dozen different reasons why the Fourth Reich kicked you off their boards.

    Common denominator?
    I think we should open up a thread just for Mackey Rose vs. Ol' Blu.
    Passion. Pride. Patience. Pacers

  19. #139
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Pacers' weakest link: DC?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jesus Blu, you've listed at least half a dozen different reasons why the Fourth Reich kicked you off their boards.

    Common denominator?
    Not boards, just the Pacers board. I can post on the Colts board there with no problem. It is what it is and the Nazi business but a twist in their knickers....

  20. #140
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,090

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Pacers' weakest link: DC?

    Having differences over on the RATS forums probably isn't a very good reason to try to call someone out, considering that's how this board was created. Hicks created this place, because of all the crap that went down over there.

  21. #141
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,083

    Default Re: The Pacers' weakest link: DC?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Of course Mckeys ignorant a thanked this retarded post about city population, has nothing to do with markets in the NBA and makes your argument look even worse for you now.
    Apology accepted.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  23. #142
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,253

    Default Re: The Pacers' weakest link: DC?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think this was the goal:

    Of course MckeyFan is ignorant and thanked this retarded post about city population, even though it has nothing to do with markets in the NBA. It makes your argument look even worse for you now.

    See? I can be constructive.


    Graham, I think I can speak for all of us when I say it's hard to believe you've been posting on here since 2006. Six years? Where does the time go?

    =====

    EDIT: I'm still chuckling. That "I'm also the resident grammar nazi" line is going to have me smiling all night.
    It's a small internet, Graham. Seriously, I didn't know you guys were so very close.

    http://forums.applenova.com/showthread.php?t=16966

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  25. #143
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: The Pacers' weakest link: DC?

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's a small internet, Graham. Seriously, I didn't know you guys were so very close.

    http://forums.applenova.com/showthread.php?t=16966
    Holy cow! You are the man. I bow down before the strength of your google-fu. Well done!

    It's technically not a secret, but it usually takes new people a while to figure out. I've never had somebody pull that trick on me, though.

    I figured I showed too many cards this time, but I really didn't expect that.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  26. #144
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,083

    Default Re: The Pacers' weakest link: DC?

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's a small internet, Graham. Seriously, I didn't know you guys were so very close.

    http://forums.applenova.com/showthread.php?t=16966
    I'm not sure whether to laugh or to pull my underwear back up.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  27. #145
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: The Pacers' weakest link: DC?

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not sure whether to laugh or to pull my underwear back up.
    Seriously, May 2006. The Internet never forgets.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  29. #146
    Since 1984 1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,814

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Pacers' weakest link: DC?

    Darren Collison ranks #92 in turnovers, he has the fewest turnovers per game amongst starting point guards, 1.8 T.O. per game. While he may be the "weakest link" on the starting line-up, I believe that this only boasts the strength of our line up.

    Darren Collison has the assets required to win.

  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1984 For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. STAR: Pacers reach deal with city? (link)
    By Reggie4Three in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 07-18-2010, 10:11 PM
  2. Pacers-Celtics Matchups (IndyStar)
    By ChicagoJ in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-28-2010, 09:36 AM
  3. Look back at Pacers Trades
    By Teddy Green in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-16-2009, 08:00 PM
  4. Keeping pace with the Pacers
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-05-2004, 11:58 PM
  5. Pacers History 1993-1994 Season
    By Sollozzo in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-04-2004, 03:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •